new to WoWP

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

SCS_Captkirk #1 Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:59 PM

Airman Basic

• 272 battles

It is very different from my old flight sims,CFS 1 and 2,and I need a new stick....but it is a very good addon to WOT|\WOWS stuff I have .

Not going above tier 4 till I get a stick...any advice on how to get the capture point up?

I have a few premium planes*not above tier 4*and a HE 111.

SkyWolf__WM #2 Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:34 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6348 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostSCS_Captkirk, on 16 June 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

It is very different from my old flight sims,CFS 1 and 2,and I need a new stick....but it is a very good addon to WOT|\WOWS stuff I have .

Not going above tier 4 till I get a stick...any advice on how to get the capture point up?

I'm Not quite clear on what you mean? :(

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Mercsn #3 Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2455 battles
He's asking how to increase capture points.  You can click the blue "2.0" link in my signature to find loads of info related to how to play the current game mode.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19664 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Well, you got a real good start by coming here and asking questions.  :great:

The best way to get capture points is to do all your damage inside a cap or base.  Simple but true.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ice_King #5 Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 699 battles

I have a stick myself but dont use it for this game. For WoWP I feel like a stick would actually dramatically reduce my performance. In War Thunder I'll use it but not in this game.

GeorgePatton #6 Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:50 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1127 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Hey! Welcome to World of Warplanes!

While the game is very different from CFS 1&2, the knowledge you have from those games should serve you quite well here - there's a definite adjustment period where you have to learn the way the highly-arcade physics and altitude compression system affect the tactical egg, but once you get that figured out you'll be doing quite well. In my experience, that's something that just comes with time and messing around with the game to figure out how it compares to the way you are used to thinking of a 3d space.

In regard to 'flipping caps' - the best thing to do is only kill aircraft while they're inside the colored circles on the radar (little thing on the bottom right of the screen) and map (press tab to see the map). This contributes to 'flipping' the point. Of course, if you're flying bombers or attack aircraft then just shoot/bomb ground targets and you'll do well!

I highly suggest joining the official Discord channel - we have a lot of really helpful people in there! When you join, go to the 'Welcome' channel and click an icon underneath the post by Eekeeboo to have your region assigned to you! (Probably NA region since you're on the NA forums!) When you get in, say 'hey' and we'll be happy to help! My name is GeorgePatton on there as well but a lot of the guys/girls have different names than their in-game/forum names.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Chuck_norris10 #7 Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:51 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1513 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostIce_King, on 16 June 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

I have a stick myself but dont use it for this game. For WoWP I feel like a stick would actually dramatically reduce my performance. In War Thunder I'll use it but not in this game.

Personal preference,Amazes me to see how good some are in videos but I can tell they are on a mouse because of the jerky movements.

You map a joystick correctly and it's a lot smoother but it can take a long time to find the sweet spot.

Logitech JS's are cheap and I have worn out at least 3 the last 20 years but if you play to fly IMO it's a tad more realistic.

I still use my keyboard for all other commands like flaps boost etc because the JS can get flying off my desk in a good dogfight and I dont have time to push buttons.

SpiritFoxMY #8 Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4434 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSCS_Captkirk, on 17 June 2019 - 03:59 AM, said:

I think a lot of people tend to fly without a stick - I sure don't. Chuck is right about it being a choice - you don't need a joystick to be brilliant in this game.

The others have given you the basics of capping - basically every enemy or neutral target you kill in a cap circle rewards you with cap points. Neutral airplanes (called ADA) tend to award a decent amount of points. Enemy airplanes award you with a LOT of points and losing a friendly over a cap point actually penalizes you and sets back the cap.

Ground targets consist of two basic types - hard sections (squares) and soft sections (dots and anything else really). Soft targets can be strafed out fairly easily by HMG or cannon fire but Hard targets have a lot of hitpoints and damage resistance so only attack them if you have bombs or rockets. In order to kill a ground target and secure the points you must destroy all the sections in a ground target (both soft and hard). Individual sections do not count. They do not give you capture points. Make sure you kill ALL sections when making an attack because a Ground Target "kill" and its Capture Points are only awarded to the player/bot who destroyed the LAST SECTION so it is possible for the enemy team to "steal" a target if you are careless with your bombing.

There are a few good tier 4 premiums and a few crummy ones. The 111 is a really good tier 4 premium bomber and is a great place to start experimenting with bombers. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

SCS_Captkirk #9 Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:17 PM

Airman Basic

• 272 battles
Thank you all for the good info.

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:38 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6348 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
What they said.....:teethhappy:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

losttwo #11 Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:27 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3181 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

You want capture points ? 

Simply 

Fighters take out the ADA 

Multi-role attack the ADA and maybe a ground target with ordnance. 

Heavy.. guess what ? take out the ADA and if you have ordnance then a ground target or two

GAA you will want to destroy the big ground targets and if you are up to it ADA

Bombers, Well bomb of course. 

Remember that the ADA are priority for capturing a sector and red planes are secondary. 

trikke #12 Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:11 AM

Captain

• 3174 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

when red planes fly out of the cap while you're shooting them, it won't count towards a capture

If a white or red ADA flies outside the cap circle, even way outside...  it still counts

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users