Noob Reviews: My Hangar

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #21 Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:03 AM

Captain

• 24222 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
What he said plus they decided to up the aggro of the bots and the heavies really, really hate bombers.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ice_King #22 Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 880 battles

*NEW PLANES*

Posted Image

After a few battles in this thing I already like it. It turns and has some 30mm cannons at tier 5. This isn't an issue for me since I play so many German planes, I'm already used to that, just feather the trigger and watch their HP disappear. But watch out for those damned specialized spitfires because I'm toast when those things show up. I've already put on equipment and pilot skills to max my maneuverability but those things are still beyond me it seems, and if I go against uptiered spits them I'm dead fast. I may consider putting the maneuverability consumable on this plane for just such occasions. Otherwise this plane is a solid contender for my main tier 5 credit/mission grinder. 

Posted Image

My inner whale struck twice yesterday, so I got this also after reading and watching some things about it. My first few battles were amazing, but the amazement dropped off a little when I started getting uptiered, which is probably to be expected. This thing shoots down planes just as well as it blows up light ground targets. It's one of my only GAAs right now and will help me decide to go up a GAA tree and give me a low tier mission plane. I placed the gas on this bad boy to increase ROF but I'm not sure it was necessary. I don't seem to be killing things faster but I'm def overheating my guns faster. More battles required.

Posted Image

For whatever reason, I decided not to sell my Ju 88 and used all my creds to pick up the tier 6. Cometedumas gave me some tips yesterday after I stank up the first battle, and his tips had immediate impact. I'm still getting the hang of single drops and I'm not likely to nab the needed Doolittle Medal any time soon, but practice makes perfect. It still melts immediately when a heavy sneezes in its general direction however.

SkyWolf__WM #23 Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:54 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9641 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 June 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Don't discount the little Blenny bomber on Tier III.  Quite a little silver producer and it costs less than $7.00 in the premium shop.

I have it. That sounds like a good idea... learn to bomb with that before I stink up any higher tiers. :honoring:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

_Panzerkunst_ #24 Posted 20 June 2019 - 07:32 AM

Master Sergeant

• 5938 battles
Nice post sir, refreshing to see someone enjoying this game! The Ho 229 & Ta 152 have similar aiming in that they are very rhythmical. Once you've developed their unique cadences you'll never have a problem with overheating.

I love that you can snap shot with them when coming down from a vertical loop just before your enemy can get their guns on you. When in doubt, imagine the Fuhrer's mustache as a point of aim and you'll hit every time.

Think of the 109z as a sawed off double barreled shotgun & the 262 an AA12 as they use brute force & speed. Don't try to get fancy and slow down to get every shell to hit. When you miss, just keep flying straight thru because nutin' ain't gonna catch ya. Have fun sir!
"If You Want Peace, Prepare For War."

CorvusCorvax #25 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Post_Panzerkunst_, on 20 June 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

Think of the 109z as a sawed off double barreled shotgun & the 262 an AA12 as they use brute force & speed. Don't try to get fancy and slow down to get every shell to hit. When you miss, just keep flying straight thru because nutin' ain't gonna catch ya. Have fun sir!

^^^This.  So much this.  The 262 takes a while to get used to, but if you can get used to it, it'll just WRECK stuff.

Ice_King #26 Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 880 battles

***NOOB HANGAR UPDATE***

Posted Image

After eliting the 109Z it turned out to be a fine plane. I was rushing to the 262 so I didn't bother unlocking the engines, but I accidentally unlocked the top engine by unlocking it on the Dora. It was fun, but I needed the space and creds to get the 262. So long old friend, we just were getting to know each other.

Posted Image

FINALLY, that's one goal down. I'll be keeping this one for a while even should I prove to suck in it. I freexp'd everything except the rockets which I just unlocked. This thing literally forces a Boom & Zoom since it can't do anything else, but I'm used to the general playstyle. Biggest issue are the guns, which I knew they would be (I watch/read reviews), they don't seem that much more accurate than the 109Z even though I know they are since they're center mounted. One issue is that I'm so fast that my "zoom" actually limits my "boom" and I fly past people before killing lol. I'm not sure yet if I should be hunting bombers as my primary mission or what. I'm going to stick the range-increasing gear on this thing, and possibly "boost-boosting" equipment as well. I just discovered the engine cooling consumable and I'm wondering how I ever lived without it.

Posted Image

*WHALE ALERT* 

This thing is amazing! It's so easy to use! If all the USAAF planes are like this then maybe I've been going up the wrong line this whole time! And I'm so starving for credits, and this thing prints so many, I'm in heaven when I play this! $$$

Chuck_norris10 #27 Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:11 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2318 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

I have a few spits and an a6m3 and although the spits got a bit more of everything the a6 will still out turn it by a tad.They are my two favourite planes  and very similar but different.I finally learned to be more conservative on the trigger with the A6 with really short bursts and the closer the better.A few 2 or 3 well placed bursts can take down the biggest plane in the air but they can be a workout to dogfight with.

The guns on the A6 are a lot deadlier then the VDB

ASM3

turn rate of 8.2

roll rate at 94%

stall at 90

top speed of 396

boost speed is 510

max dive at 620 with 193 hp

VDB605 spitfire

turn rate at 8.7

Roll rate at 100%

stall at 120

top speed of 456

boost speed at 588

max dive speed of 720 with 240 hp.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 22 June 2019 - 05:12 PM.

_Panzerkunst_ #28 Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5938 battles

View PostIce_King, on 22 June 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

***NOOB HANGAR UPDATE***

Posted Image

After eliting the 109Z it turned out to be a fine plane. I was rushing to the 262 so I didn't bother unlocking the engines, but I accidentally unlocked the top engine by unlocking it on the Dora. It was fun, but I needed the space and creds to get the 262. So long old friend, we just were getting to know each other.

Posted Image

FINALLY, that's one goal down. I'll be keeping this one for a while even should I prove to suck in it. I freexp'd everything except the rockets which I just unlocked. This thing literally forces a Boom & Zoom since it can't do anything else, but I'm used to the general playstyle. Biggest issue are the guns, which I knew they would be (I watch/read reviews), they don't seem that much more accurate than the 109Z even though I know they are since they're center mounted. One issue is that I'm so fast that my "zoom" actually limits my "boom" and I fly past people before killing lol. I'm not sure yet if I should be hunting bombers as my primary mission or what. I'm going to stick the range-increasing gear on this thing, and possibly "boost-boosting" equipment as well. I just discovered the engine cooling consumable and I'm wondering how I ever lived without it.

Posted Image

*WHALE ALERT* 

This thing is amazing! It's so easy to use! If all the USAAF planes are like this then maybe I've been going up the wrong line this whole time! And I'm so starving for credits, and this thing prints so many, I'm in heaven when I play this! $$$

Good job. I highly recommend Gas Op vs long range barrels. The 30's are inaccurate so increasing the range will yield less hits, you have to maximize the short time you have on target. Then use the weapon cool down rate bonuses. 

After you start firing at about 600m, let go of the trigger for a split second then hammer it down at <300m so that half of your burst isn't wasted at max range because the longer you hold the trigger the less accurate the shells are. You are also the fastest thing in the sky & can destroying things going head on with rockets. 

Update us on how it's going. Good luck! <o

"If You Want Peace, Prepare For War."

Ice_King #29 Posted 30 June 2019 - 01:51 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 880 battles

Posted Image

Just wanted to post this, I'm pretty sure this is my best game to date. And I wasn't even trying!

Posted Image

I apologized in chat to one guy after like the 4th or 5th time shooting him down. Poor guy. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users