Noob Reviews: My Hangar

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Ice_King #1 Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 715 battles

For some reason I wanna share my hangar and noobish impressions to see what happens. I'm gonna break this up into different posts because this forum crashes on me when I try to put it all in one post. -_-

Posted Image

Unlike the 109 Emil, I cannot get this plane to perform. Not enough Boom to kill targets quickly and not enough Zoom to escape, so for me it's pretty worthless as a fighter. I'm not sure if the audio/visual feedback I'm getting is preventing me from hitting correctly or if I'm way off on range, not sure yet. I elited this quickly thanks to previously grinding the Fw 190 A-5 but it's gonna be a painful grind if I can't figure this plane out. 

Posted Image

This thing was a sticker until I unlocked all the best guns for it, now I like it. The cannons are on the wings so accuracy is a concern but my first battle yielded a victory, lots of points, and medals, which makes me happy. The fuselage is 20k xp and only gives 30 hp so I might skip that, but I'll probably grab the engines. I kinda wanna get through this one and get my hands on the 262 asap. I'll sell this when finished.

Posted Image

One of my primary goals is getting the Ta 152 so I need to get through the Dora. This thing is even less maneuverable than it's predecessors but otherwise doesn't feel that different. I cannot decide if I like it yet or not because I still don't have it elited. I hope I like it though. I just got the guns unlocked but need the engines. Depending on how it performs once elited I'll be able to tell if it's a keeper. 

Posted Image

I'm almost finished unlocking the next plane but so far I like this one. The weapons hit nicely at this tier but man they overheat so fast! This thing is also slow as hell compared to the german stuff I've mostly flown. Hawker Hunter is a goal of mine so hopefully the rest of this line is at least as good as the HHII.

Edited by Ice_King, 15 June 2019 - 08:53 PM.

Ice_King #2 Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 715 battles

The above planes are my main grinding planes. I'm trying to get up those trees. Here are some secondary planes.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Here are my bombers. I'm almost to tier 6 in this line. I like how the Ju88 bombs reload quickly and the thing has grown on me. The 111 bombs take a while to reload unfortunately. Even though I've been the top scorer with my bombers I don't think I've figured it out yet because I haven't gotten the Doolittle medal yet and I need that for a mission (closest I've gotten is 380/400 needed points for the medal -_-). I'm not sure about keeping the Ju88 and I'm worried about the rest of the line maybe not being good. I see the tier 10 russian bomber looking OP and it worries me that maybe this isn't the line to grind.

Posted Image

I can see why spitfires are so popular. This thing turns like a dream but compared to my German stuff this plane takes forever to traverse the map in comparison. I still like it though and have a nice paint scheme on it. I love the bubble cockpit. 

Posted Image

This is either the Alpha or Beta tester reward plane, so I'm lucky to have it. It's pretty standard as far as the mid tier german heavies go. It doesn't feel OP but neither does it suck.

Posted Image

This is either the Alpha or Beta tester reward plane, so I'm lucky to have it. Apparently this was a real sticker pre-2.0 but I like it. It turns great and I have yet to have a bad match in it. It seems like a slow spitfire with MG's instead of cannon. 

Ice_King #3 Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 715 battles

And now for my crown jewels :D

Posted Image

I knew I wasn't going to be able to complete this reward program so I just bought it. The guns hit hard but are difficult to aim correctly. I assume the Ta 152 and Me 262 will probably handle similar to this plane. It seems to have an identity crisis because it thinks, shoots, and flies like a heavy but it's a light. So when going after bombers you can rek but sometimes you can get rekt. I was scared to buy a tier 8 since I haven't legitimately ground my way that far (yeah I'm one of those players) but I've done surprisingly well with it so far imho.

Posted Image

Since the Hawker Hunter is a goal of mine, and I like the Hurricane II I went ahead and used surplus gold to get this plane. I'm not disappointed at all because it plays just like the HHII, but better. It feels like a Queen-of-all-trades to me and I both have fun and make bank whenever I fly it! No regrets.

Well that's pretty much my hanger! I also have the Pegasus (Tier II premium Soviet) and a tier 4 German Heavy but I don't play those so I didn't include them.

My First goals are:

-Ta 152

-Me 262

-Hawker Hunter

Secondary goals are to grab a Mustang of some sort, and the Saber. I also wanna try the Japanese planes but I'm not sure if I should go up the Zero line or the Ki line. Also I want US Bombers in my hangar at some point as well!

Edited by Ice_King, 15 June 2019 - 08:52 PM.

trikke #4 Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:19 PM

Captain

• 3192 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I love reading threads from new folks.     love seeing favorite planes through new eyes

Keep adding new reviews, please!

the Freidrich and Gustav are going to be a messy slog, but it's a wonderful world from the 209 to tier 10

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SkyWolf__WM #5 Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:28 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6431 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostIce_King, on 15 June 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

For some reason I wanna share my hanger and noobish impressions to see what happens. I'm gonna break this up into different posts because this forum crashes on me when I try to put it all in one post. -_-

Posted Image

Unlike the 109 Emil, I cannot get this plane to perform. Not enough Boom to kill targets quickly and not enough Zoom to escape, so for me it's pretty worthless as a fighter. I'm not sure if the audio/visual feedback I'm getting is preventing me from hitting correctly or if I'm way off on range, not sure yet. I elited this quickly thanks to previously grinding the Fw 190 A-5 but it's gonna be a painful grind if I can't figure this plane out. 

It's not great but it seems better than it was. I just use a combo of BnZ and turn fighting when I fly it. Which is not often.

Posted Image

This thing was a sticker until I unlocked all the best guns for it, now I like it. The cannons are on the wings so accuracy is a concern but my first battle yielded a victory, lots of points, and medals, which makes me happy. The fuselage is 20k xp and only gives 30 hp so I might skip that, but I'll probably grab the engines. I kinda wanna get through this one and get my hands on the 262 asap. I'll sell this when finished.

I rage sold this thing after getting my 262, which I also rage sold. :amazed:

Posted Image

One of my primary goals is getting the Ta 152 so I need to get through the Dora. This thing is even less maneuverable than it's predecessors but otherwise doesn't feel that different. I cannot decide if I like it yet or not because I still don't have it elited. I hope I like it though. I just got the guns unlocked but need the engines. Depending on how it performs once elited I'll be able to tell if it's a keeper. 

I have it but rarely fly it. It's good for sniping and bombers. I Don't fly it much. 

Posted Image

I'm almost finished unlocking the next plane but so far I like this one. The weapons hit nicely at this tier but man they overheat so fast! This thing is also slow as hell compared to the german stuff I've mostly flown. Hawker Hunter is a goal of mine so hopefully the rest of this line is at least as good as the HHII.

I won and sold the whatever flavor of Hurricane with the big guns. I have every other flavor and they are all specialized for whatever reason. I have all Brit stuff up to tier ten But I would not make them a goal. Not that impressed.

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 15 June 2019 - 07:27 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Maqor #6 Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

Airman Basic

• 533 battles
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR

I'm a new player going up the Messerschmitt fighter line. Currently at the Bf109F and I love it. Drop down on somebody, wait until in machine gun range to open fire, tail them for a couple seconds, then break off into either a climb to reset or a dive to gain separation and come back.

It's not as good as the 109B or the 109E, but it takes the line's playstyle in exactly the direction I was hoping it would go.

SkyWolf__WM #7 Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6431 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostIce_King, on 15 June 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

And now for my crown jewels :D

Posted Image

I knew I wasn't going to be able to complete this reward program so I just bought it. The guns hit hard but are difficult to aim correctly. I assume the Ta 152 and Me 262 will probably handle similar to this plane. It seems to have an identity crisis because it thinks, shoots, and flies like a heavy but it's a light. So when going after bombers you can rek but sometimes you can get rekt. I was scared to buy a tier 8 since I haven't legitimately ground my way that far (yeah I'm one of those players) but I've done surprisingly well with it so far imho.

I got it but I bought 50 certificates. It does fly like a heavy fighter. I watched Magus' Video and I do well in it as long as I stick to the plan.

Posted Image

Since the Hawker Hunter is a goal of mine, and I like the Hurricane II I went ahead and used surplus gold to get this plane. I'm not disappointed at all because it plays just like the HHII, but better. It feels like a Queen-of-all-trades to me and I both have fun and make bank whenever I fly it! No regrets.

It used to be OP. Now the Seafang it just meh... kind of a bad Spit with rockets. I have the Hunter but I'm just not feelin' it Bro. I said that because I wanted to sound hip and

happening even though I'm old enough to be your dad. Or Grandfather. Or even your great grandfather. Or dead.  :amazed:

Well that's pretty much my hanger! I also have the Pegasus (Tier II premium Soviet) and a tier 4 German Heavy but I don't play those so I didn't include them.

My First goals are:

-Ta 152

-Me 262

-Hawker Hunter

Ack phewy.... I don't like any of them enough to bother grinding them again. :unsure:

Secondary goals are to grab a Mustang of some sort, and the Saber. I also wanna try the Japanese planes but I'm not sure if I should go up the Zero line or the Ki line. Also I want US Bombers in my hanger at some point as well!

Have every single Mustang that is available (currently) and all are specialized. I think that's due to my "spray and pray" technique.

Have fun and welcome back. You are probably better off ignoring any advice I may have given.  :honoring:

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 15 June 2019 - 07:33 PM.

GeorgePatton #8 Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:16 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1232 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Thanks for the fix, SkyWolf!

Good thread, Ice_King!

Cheers!
Glenn

Edited by GeorgePatton, 15 June 2019 - 09:35 PM.

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Ice_King #9 Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 715 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 15 June 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

You have all the mustangs do you have a favorite or you like them all the same?

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:25 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6431 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostGeorgePatton, on 15 June 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Just a reminder - red text is reserved for moderators and should not be used by players as per the forum rules.

Cheers!

Glenn

Oooooops. Forgot. Thanks for the heads up. :honoring:

SkyWolf__WM #11 Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:40 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6431 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostIce_King, on 15 June 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

You have all the mustangs do you have a favorite or you like them all the same?

I like all of them but I favor the P51-D and the P51-K. I guess I like the P51-H too. I hate the Mustang-1A and I was wrong. It is NOT specialized. It's the version with the four 20mm guns. I like the Mustang 1 however.  :sceptic:

Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19755 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Don't discount the little Blenny bomber on Tier III.  Quite a little silver producer and it costs less than $7.00 in the premium shop.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #13 Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:27 PM

Captain

• 3389 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostIce_King, on 15 June 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

my hanger

*hangar.

Ice_King #14 Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 715 battles

*UPDATE*

Posted Image

So after b**ching in chat about this plane, player Deathnail[HVAR] pm'd me and suggested adding the gas operated equipment to it and that does make the plane better for sure. I'm still fighting off the urge to freexp past the thing, but might compromise on just not researching all the engines, I havne't decided.

comtedumas #15 Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6866 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostIce_King, on 15 June 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

The above planes are my main grinding planes. I'm trying to get up those trees. Here are some secondary planes.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Here are my bombers. I'm almost to tier 6 in this line. I like how the Ju88 bombs reload quickly and the thing has grown on me. The 111 bombs take a while to reload unfortunately. Even though I've been the top scorer with my bombers I don't think I've figured it out yet because I haven't gotten the Doolittle medal yet and I need that for a mission (closest I've gotten is 380/400 needed points for the medal -_-). I'm not sure about keeping the Ju88 and I'm worried about the rest of the line maybe not being good. I see the tier 10 russian bomber looking OP and it worries me that maybe this isn't the line to grind.

Posted Image

I can see why spitfires are so popular. This thing turns like a dream but compared to my German stuff this plane takes forever to traverse the map in comparison. I still like it though and have a nice paint scheme on it. I love the bubble cockpit. 

Posted Image

This is either the Alpha or Beta tester reward plane, so I'm lucky to have it. It's pretty standard as far as the mid tier german heavies go. It doesn't feel OP but neither does it suck.

Posted Image

This is either the Alpha or Beta tester reward plane, so I'm lucky to have it. Apparently this was a real sticker pre-2.0 but I like it. It turns great and I have yet to have a bad match in it. It seems like a slow spitfire with MG's instead of cannon. 

with these bombers in particular, don’t put the bombsite on these two, they drop bombs in strings so they are an area weapon.  Put on the pylons, they make them reload a lot faster.  And do not forget the bomb damage pilot skill and the bomb damage consumable as soon as you can mount it.  They make a big difference.  

Other bombers drop single bombs, those are the ones you want to use the bombsite on, but even then it depends.  

Edited by comtedumas, 15 June 2019 - 10:09 PM.

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

comtedumas #16 Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6866 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 June 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Don't discount the little Blenny bomber on Tier III.  Quite a little silver producer and it costs less than $7.00 in the premium shop.

what he said.  This one will teach single bomb dropping, and the He-111H2 will teach string bombing.  Both are worth the money.  

32 GB Ram

Ice_King #17 Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 715 battles

View Postcomtedumas, on 15 June 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

with these bombers in particular, don’t put the bombsite on these two, they drop bombs in strings so they are an area weapon.  Put on the pylons, they make them reload a lot faster.  And do not forget the bomb damage pilot skill and the bomb damage consumable as soon as you can mount it.  They make a big difference.  

Other bombers drop single bombs, those are the ones you want to use the bombsite on, but even then it depends.  

Oh man sweet! I didn't know and had the bombsite on the whole grind! I just unlocked the tier 6 bomber, any tips with that?

Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19755 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Which Tier VI bomber?  I think there are four of them, at least.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ice_King #19 Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 715 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 June 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Which Tier VI bomber?  I think there are four of them, at least.

We were talking about the German one, I think it's a Dornier something something. I just got it and the single drop thing is killing me, and the thing seems made of glass. Either that or the heavies can smell me a mile away.

comtedumas #20 Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6866 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostIce_King, on 15 June 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

We were talking about the German one, I think it's a Dornier something something. I just got it and the single drop thing is killing me, and the thing seems made of glass. Either that or the heavies can smell me a mile away.

Do-217, specialize it as soon as possible.  Before you specialize it drop 2 bombs at a time on targets to ensure a kill.  Learn to use your boost conservatively, at 9-10000 feet, drop your bombs at normal speed then boost away into a empty space.  Just move on.  You will either flip the cap or get some cap points and head for a new cap point.  If there are no defenders at all except ADA you might turn around and try to finish it, otherwise just keep on the move.  If it flips later before you die, then you get the sector credit, if you die you don’t get it.  Damage, personal points and capture pts are your goal right now.  

Turrets suck at at this level, don’t count on them too much.  You are going to die, that’s fine.  You will get more personal pts if you die at least once a battle.  I know, it’s counter-intuitive, but it’s true.  

Oh, yeah, on big targets like the refinery looking ones on the missile base, always  drop two bombs on it.  On the big factory with the 4 smokestacks on the industry sector, drop three spaced out down the length of the factories.  And plan your routes through caps to make it easy to fly through, drop on targets in a straight like (kinda straight anyway) then move on.  No tight turns to get that one target 90degrees away, you loose too much speed doing that.  Also, with practice slowing down just before you drop can help accuracy, but I don’t count on that too much.  And drop just before you get to the wall around the target to start dropping, there is a delay between hitting the space bar to drop and the bombs dropping from your plane, if you drop after that wall you are probably going to overshoot.  

Edited by comtedumas, 16 June 2019 - 01:10 AM.

32 GB Ram

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users