Getting Ridiculous

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Stygian_Alchemist #21 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10178 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
The best "hack" (to be clear, I'm using the word somewhat ironically.. as neither of these involve actual hacking) you could get would be a lead indicator restoration mod or a glider type mod that you select the target and a pc-side program calculates how to pilot the plane to the target. Those would both have limited use and would be delineated most by the perfection of shot taking and the smoothness of their flight curves. Hard to detect, but what's the payoff? I mean.. sure.. people argue "this game isn't popular enough, blah blah blah blah" but any half-determined nerd could build both in their basement fairly solo in short order so it's not that I disbelieve there is a possibility people have done either of these things.. its just.. what's the payoff for doing something you can just do with skill and sometimes -better- with skill because you can move unpredictably.. something a program will never do.

Edges that are possible beyond skill? Maybe a mouse macro with perfect burst capacity where you hold it down and it just keeps ripping off perfectly spaced bursts with no overheat.. same can be done with a mouse macro and boost by the by.... there's a few other little things I can think of to give you a quote "edge".. but even those are all human skill reproducable.

I mean... there are all sorts of ways to "cheat" at this game without hacking or cheating in a normal way. Their efficacy is debatable as is their existence however.

Edited by White_Widow18, 13 June 2019 - 09:19 PM.

losttwo #22 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4507 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostxXx_BulletMagnet_xXx, on 13 June 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

I would venture to guess new players won't take long to figure out these modded up, cheated up idiots that are getting 25+ kills and 10 X the personal points that they are per flight are hackers!

I was just looking at your stats

More precisely you GA stats.

You need to destroy more planes.

While GAA are designed to take out ground target they also need to multi task.

Lets take the BSH-1 for example :

losttwo               you

selected at start/ sorties                21/39             290/672

Avg. aerial targets                          2.10                0.56

Avg. ground target                         3.85                2.47

I would even venture to guess that you do not even attack ADA unless they are engaging you.

You probably don't even stay in a cap to defend it.

Of course I could be all wrong and totally way off base.

You could have bad internet or computer issues that prevent a lot of great game play.

and I am grasping at straws.

Then again it could just be your name and the bots take you seriously by letting you have all their ammo.

Mercsn #23 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I know WG likes to tout their games are server side controlled so that "hacking" is not possible.  However, from a programming standpoint, ANY information that the client has access to can be obtained by a client side program (a program operating on the player's machine).  So, while how much damage a bullet would do cannot be affected, nor can whether bullets hit be affected, (those calculations are done by the server), what a player can gain access to is such information as other aircraft's positions, direction of travel, speed, altitude (and if you have that sort of information, a 3rd party software could easily make a lead indicator, like used to be included in the game -which, incidentally, I never used because my internet lag back then made it always inaccurate).  I would even guess that such a mod could help a player aim at areas likely to create a critical hit, although the critical hit calculation would still be made by the server.

How would this actually help a player who decided to use such cheats or hacks? If you know a player's location on the map and where he's going, it would allow you to go intercept him before he causes harm to your bots or sectors.  If you know where to aim to increase the chance for a critical hit...well. You get the idea.

I'm not saying such cheats actually exist, but I am saying that such things would be possible, if the game client has access to information, that is normally hidden from players, then a 3rd party software on the player's computer COULD find that information and provide it to the player.  I highly doubt WG has programming budget or coding expertise (at this stage of WoWP's development cycle) to combat such 3rd party software, should it exist.

As an explanation for other odd occruances or exceptional performance by a player is that it is a dev account.  The devs are pretty much bad at the game and also have access to whatever cheats they'd like to run.  If you encounter a "player" doing something odd (pronounced impossible), there is a likelihood that it could be a developer.  If you ask them, politely, after the game how they did whatever odd thing, and you receive no reply, then the possibility that it was a dev increases (because they не говорит по английзки). Of course, if it's a player that other people know, then this scenario is less likely, but it would be hard for any given player to know that since there isn't as much community involvement with or by really good players so that they are recognizable...like they once used to be.

It will be interesting to see if this post is deleted and if so, how long it takes.  Furthermore, if I were advising WG, I'd advise them to leave this post up and simply allow the community that normally responds with "server side! can't hack!" to ridicule this post into obscurity.  After all, if it doesn't warrant action by WG, than what I say can't possibly hold any truth or value, or even be a threat to their stance that cheating can't happen.

Edited by Mercsn, 13 June 2019 - 10:50 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Mercsn #24 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:41 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 13 June 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

I wonder if there is any possibility if you just have not figured out how to play the game yet.

While I agree that the more a person knows about how the game operates and what is "normal" will give better perspective to when something abnormal happens, simply saying that he might not know how to play the game doesn't mean that there aren't players finding supra-EULA advantages over other players.

Chuck_norris10 #25 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:48 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1917 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostMercsn, on 13 June 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

While I agree that the more a person knows about how the game operates and what is "normal" will give better perspective to when something abnormal happens, simply saying that he might not know how to play the game doesn't mean that there aren't players finding supra-EULA advantages over other players.

Remember,this forum in itself is unsecured with no security certificate so I dont think they take security to seriously.

That's all I will say or I will cop another you know what.

Click on the not secure text on your address bar to see what you risk on a site with no cert.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 13 June 2019 - 10:52 PM.

CorvusCorvax #26 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:42 PM

Captain

• 4016 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMercsn, on 13 June 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

The other thing to consider is the likelihood of the scenarios you present.  Who is going to take the time to write a client-side hack to gain the small advantage that the information available would provide?  I could see the predictive aiming circle being about the best thing.  Also, knowing which player is where, to calculate intercept - range/location/altitude.  Like having an AWACS for just yourself.  But those advantages would be marginal for a player who doesn't have ACM down cold.  The very most likely thing is that the player is just good.  The second mostly likely thing is internet connectivity issues.  Way down on the list is a client-side mod.  And at the bottom?  And nearly equal with that?  You met a developer outside of the RU servers.

In short, yes, the possibility exists.  The probability, however, is pretty low.

Mercsn #27 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:22 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

"ACM" in the current muddy flight model is mostly just dragging the mouse pointer around.  It's not really about energy management or predicting an opponent's movement. It's just about dragging the mouse around and holding fire button, mostly.

As an aside, on this topic, the game cheats far more than players do.  Two matches with an afk or disconnected human teammate in a row followed by a match start that flies you into a mountain in the 3rd match?  Yep. That's the game cheating.  And THAT is way more prevalent and has a much bigger negative impact on the game than the few cheating humans.

legoboy0401 #28 Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1520 battles
  • [FK] FK
Then there's the bugs, which are like the reverse of cheating, and make players often easier targets than they would otherwise have been.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

SkyWolf__WM #29 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:32 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8214 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postlegoboy0401, on 13 June 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

Then there's the bugs, which are like the reverse of cheating, and make players often easier targets than they would otherwise have been.

Bingo...

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users