Getting Ridiculous

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

xXx_BulletMagnet_xXx #1 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3752 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
I would venture to guess new players won't take long to figure out these modded up, cheated up idiots that are getting 25+ kills and 10 X the personal points that they are per flight are hackers!

Edited by xXx_BulletMagnet_xXx, 13 June 2019 - 03:16 PM.

CorvusCorvax #2 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostxXx_BulletMagnet_xXx, on 13 June 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

I would venture to guess new players won't take long to figure out these modded up, cheated up idiots that are getting 25+ kills and 10 X the personal points that they are per flight are hackers!

Hacking, how?  What specific hacks are they using?

GeorgePatton #3 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

It can seem like a lot, but honestly there’s just a huge difference in what you can do when you truly understand both the game and the physics of air combat versus as an average player.

I’ve flown with and against a couple of the guys who can do that fairly consistently and I can vouch for them - they’re not hackers. They’re just good.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:01 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 13 June 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

It can seem like a lot, but honestly there’s just a huge difference in what you can do when you truly understand both the game and the physics of air combat versus as an average player.

I’ve flown with and against a couple of the guys who can do that fairly consistently and I can vouch for them - they’re not hackers. They’re just good.

Cheers!
Glenn

^^^truth.

If you are just flying around, then that stuff looks like magic.  But if you are grasping the energy and 3D space, then you have a giant advantage over the "just flying around" guys.  The horrible thing about this game is that bots reward the "just flying around" guys, and can make you complacent when flying.  Then you meet up with someone who knows stuff, and you're all of a sudden saying "oh, I wish I had been paying attention" while staring at the respawn timer.

Ask me how I know.  ;)

A lot of times, the "just flying around" guys ALSO make you complacent.  The game just doesn't have the same pucker factor that it did before bots...

Cenotaph #5 Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Ahhh, the good old  "Everyone worse than me is a scrub, and everyone better than me is a cheater" mentality... glad to see it still thrives here.    :sceptic:
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Booze_Morgan #6 Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 750 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostxXx_BulletMagnet_xXx, on 13 June 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Dude, I have flown with friends I have known for years, know they would never use a hack or a cheat (as if there were any to use), and watch as they massacre reds making it look sooo easy.  They just that good, bud.

Booze

Spoiler

losttwo #7 Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Posted Image

Prenzlau #8 Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11402 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I posted a thread a few weeks ago on just how certain groups are able to exploit this game and how WG's purposeful designs make that possible. I did not name any names or write anything indecent, yet my thread got deleted and I got a three day ban.

That is all anyone needs to know. There will be no speculation, discussion or debate on this subject and those who put forth reasonable and logical arguments will suffer the same fate as I did.

If there is nothing to hide and I am mistaken, then why was I silenced and banned? Food for hungry minds.

Prenzlau

mad_dog_morgan #9 Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• 8214 battles
  • [DAA] DAA
careful prenzlau you may get it in the [edited]again but i for one hear you 

Prenzlau #10 Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11402 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postmad_dog_morgan, on 13 June 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

careful prenzlau you may get it in the [edited]again but i for one hear you 

You feel compelled to warn me about acknowledging that I once had spoken about some things. Think about that for a few seconds. Has it gotten to the point where a person cannot even say they spoke on a subject and got banned for it? 

Let me explain how things work. Wargaming says (and this is a fact) that they want "A fair and enjoyable game for everyone". But you cannot talk about "A fair and enjoyable game for everyone". If you talk about "A fair and enjoyable game for everyone", you will soon discover that you cannot talk about "A fair and enjoyable game for everyone". Consider deeply what I am saying. It is a paradox. By talking about a game that is "fair and enjoyable", you're also not talking about a game that is "fair and enjoyable". I know it is a brain twister to be sure. That however is the catch 22 here. 

The game is always "fair and enjoyable", there is no other reality. So when I talk about how I talked about the game, you warn me because I'm talking about the game, even when I'm talking about talking about the game. So this is where we are at. This forum is exists for players so they can talk about the game. A game players cannot talk about. 

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 13 June 2019 - 06:05 PM.

Booze_Morgan #11 Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:19 PM

• 750 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostPrenzlau, on 13 June 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

I posted a thread a few weeks ago on just how certain groups are able to exploit this game and how WG's purposeful designs make that possible. I did not name any names or write anything indecent, yet my thread got deleted and I got a three day ban.

That is all anyone needs to know. There will be no speculation, discussion or debate on this subject and those who put forth reasonable and logical arguments will suffer the same fate as I did.

If there is nothing to hide and I am mistaken, then why was I silenced and banned? Food for hungry minds.

Prenzlau

Sometimes things are suspicious, I agree.  I remember when a DRAC in a 109B flew straight up an ungodly long time, way over its specs, and killed.  It was recorded and submitted, don't remember if WG had any comment on it.

There was this guy in an FW-57 who could also do amazing things beyond its specs.  I was in a 110B and he made it up to my alt, started to catch up with me, and killed me from a long ways behind me.  Very suspicious, and happened more than once.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but sometimes things have happened that make ya say, "Hmmmmm."  But not in 2.0. Not seen it.  The high kill guys are just that good, or got lucky with bots lining up in front of them. That has happened to me several times.

Booze

Edited by Booze_Morgan, 13 June 2019 - 06:20 PM.

Spoiler

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:35 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

The reason I ask about these so-called "hacks" is that I have never seen any.  I often wonder about how "random" some things are, but those are not hacks, those are programming decisions.

If there are player hacks, I want them either described, or recorded.  I know for a fact that some planes have soft, unpublished stats that will work in your favor if you can figure out the right combination.  Like, you can get the IL-8 to turn inside a Spitfire - with the right combination of flaps, brake and rudder, all in 3D space.  I have done it more than once, so it's not a fluke.

The hard stats say it can't do that.  But it can.  And I run ZERO client-side mods of any kind.

Post replays of the cheating.

losttwo #13 Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I wonder if there is any possibility if you just have not figured out how to play the game yet.

Between the bot patterns that have been pre programmed for each match to exploiting altitude.

Try watching your replays over and over again and memorize the maps, the bot patterns and so on.

You will be amazed before you are halfway through.

Captain_Underpants53 #14 Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:55 PM

Captain

• 24159 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

The last battle I just had a few minutes ago left me scratching my head.  I have seen this about a half dozen times now.  Luckily, with over 17K bomber battles, it is very rare.

What happens is, your team wins on points but the battle does not stop until the opposing team can wipe all your planes.  Then you lose because the combat group was destroyed.

Specifically in this case, we were ahead on points with three bases to the enemy's two.  We had 4 planes left to the enemy's 3.  Clock ticking with us at around 785 + or -.

Clock ticks, BAM one of our planes go down along with an enemy.  Now at around 794 to their 765 or so.  3 planes left for us to the enemy's 2.  Clock ticks, yea! 800!  We win!

No, another BAM, another clock tick!  Now it's still 800 for us but their count goes up by 6.  Now it's 2 VS 2.

Another dang clock tick.  They get another of our planes and 6 more points.  We get you-know-what.

And ANOTHER clock tick!  ANOTHER bam and another 6 points for them and our last plane is gone!  Actually not gone.  Still flying.

This is the sort of thing that makes players suspicious about this game.  Something isn't right.

Edited to add that we still had one plane in the air to the reds two when the game ended.  Also the announcer was conspicuously silent at the end.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 13 June 2019 - 07:17 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #15 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:34 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 June 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

The last battle I just had a few minutes ago left me scratching my head.  I have seen this about a half dozen times now.  Luckily, with over 17K bomber battles, it is very rare.

What happens is, your team wins on points but the battle does not stop until the opposing team can wipe all your planes.  Then you lose because the combat group was destroyed.

Specifically in this case, we were ahead on points with three bases to the enemy's two.  We had 4 planes left to the enemy's 3.  Clock ticking with us at around 785 + or -.

Clock ticks, BAM one of our planes go down along with an enemy.  Now at around 794 to their 765 or so.  3 planes left for us to the enemy's 2.  Clock ticks, yea! 800!  We win!

No, another BAM, another clock tick!  Now it's still 800 for us but their count goes up by 6.  Now it's 2 VS 2.

Another dang clock tick.  They get another of our planes and 6 more points.  We get you-know-what.

And ANOTHER clock tick!  ANOTHER bam and another 6 points for them and our last plane is gone!  Actually not gone.  Still flying.

This is the sort of thing that makes players suspicious about this game.  Something isn't right.

Edited to add that we still had one plane in the air to the reds two when the game ended.  Also the announcer was conspicuously silent at the end.

Sounds like you are describing the domination victory.

With just over 2000 battles I have had a handful of them.

Yes they leave you scratching your head.

My first one was my P-40 being the only human left in the match with red having superiority.

No clue what happened at the end. Perhaps the last two bots ( 1 red/ 1 blue ) rammed each other or something.

Had another one where red had 100 point lead at the squall line and boom game ended with victory.

Screen shot the match and was going to look at the replay but forgot all about it until now.

One game ended prematurely before the squall with a victory. As if all the bots just logged out or something.

And they had the lead.

There are some rather interesting matches that just can't be explained.

Personally I just roll on with the losses and move on. I win more than I lose.

So the occasional loss just really doesn't bother me. Nor do I notice them as being odd.

Then again I am a bit Narcissistic and know that losing was my fault for the mistakes I made in match.

Booze_Morgan #16 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:35 PM

• 750 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 June 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

That's not a hack or a cheat.

Booze

Spoiler

SkyWolf__WM #17 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:37 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9611 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostxXx_BulletMagnet_xXx, on 13 June 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

No. :facepalm:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Prenzlau #18 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11402 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 13 June 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

I wonder if there is any possibility if you just have not figured out how to play the game yet.

Between the bot patterns that have been pre programmed for each match to exploiting altitude.

Try watching your replays over and over again and memorize the maps, the bot patterns and so on.

You will be amazed before you are halfway through.

Very good. You are on the right path in your line of thinking.

My deleted post was not about cheating. It was not about hacking. It was along the line of thinking which losttwo just stated, but further yet. If I say anymore, I'll just be repeating what I got banned for. So people will have to start figuring things out on their own. 

Prenzlau

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #19 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:03 PM

Captain

• 1220 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Exploited

I've invested over five years of my life

spent about a bazillion RL dollars

and now I'm told this...

errger gergerr

Exploited?

me, WarGama, players with High WR's

I'll go with the lattermostest

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Noreaga #20 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:28 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

hey look i am coming to the defense of guys i usually disagree with! Just no... losing does not mean someone else is hacking. Despite everything they are trying to do to take skill out of the game there will always be those that understand the mechanics and/or are better than you. 

I mean i had a 12 year old at practice get beat in a 1 on 1 drill and i kid you not he yelled out "hacks". told him "its server side", and sent him on a lap. can't send you on a lap, but i can yell "its server side".

smile on face here, more things change more they stay the same. Anybody have a tide pod i can eat maybe then ill understand.  

Nimis obnoxii curare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users