Paper Combat

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #21 Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

Captain

• 589 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I don't believe you about the accuracy debuff of a maneuvering target.

Block Quote

Don't really know what you mean by this. Accuracy on a maneuvering target is only dependent upon a player's aim. If anything, you're presenting a larger profile to hit. Btw, a delta of 40m of altitude basically falls within the dispersion cone of the XP72. Being able to control your altitude that precisely would require an insane amount of joystick control.

There is actually an accuracy debuff versus an actively maneuvering target - it lowers the possible hit percentage so even though you'll still be getting hits, the game won't allow you to get as many as if I were flying in a straight line without maneuvering. I use M+KB so I have pretty good control of my altitude.

It doesn't make any sense.

In my experience a slight barrel roll does next to nothing to reduce damage. Most barrel rolls occupy too little space. You're effectively manuvering inside the dispersion cone and auto-aim cone, resulting in practically no change damage received. I call [edited].

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe #22 Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• 589 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I know their's a pilot skill that reduces damage from bullets, but it isn't an accuracy debuff.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

GeorgePatton #23 Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:54 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1506 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 14 June 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

I don't believe you about the accuracy debuff of a maneuvering target.

It doesn't make any sense.

In my experience a slight barrel roll does next to nothing to reduce damage. Most barrel rolls occupy too little space. You're effectively manuvering inside the dispersion cone and auto-aim cone, resulting in practically no change damage received. I call [edited].

Unless they've taken it out and I've completely missed that, it's still there. This is a definite possibility as I was gone for almost a year.

'Actively Maneuvering' is a relatively secret term IMO. I've had the best luck when utilizing more than one axis in my maneuvers and also with really abrupt changes to control input. A slight barrel roll will not trigger the debuff, AFAIK.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

GeorgePatton #24 Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:49 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1506 battles

Here's round one of two from an experiment we ran testing out how the forum game compares to the actual game. I'll be posting round 2 as soon as I have it finished!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users