Community Aces

Community Aces ace community nominations

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Perco_lator #21 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:11 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 10 June 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

I think the advent of bots in 1.5 sort of started the slide of CAs to the dustbin of WoWP forum history.  

Although there might have been players in 1.5 that may have seemed like bots they were not introduced into the game until update 1.8 in may of 2015.

losttwo #22 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:19 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3902 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPerco_lator, on 10 June 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Although there might have been players in 1.5 that may have seemed like bots they were not introduced into the game until update 1.8 in may of 2015.

Yeah. 1.5 killed population because of the 1vs1 and 3vs3 human matches with 1 hour queue times.

Longest I waited was 1hour and 23 minutes. for a 1 vs 1 match.

I think 1.6 gave us 15 minute queue time and 5 vs 5 humans.

Bots were introduced to fill the vacancies long after WG played with the MM more between 1.5 and 1.7

Or something like that.

Either way Wargaming never recovered from their 1.5 debacle.

They swore up and down there was no way to roll back to 1.4. despite the desperate cries from more or less all the player base at the time.

CorvusCorvax #23 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:22 PM

Captain

• 3613 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPerco_lator, on 10 June 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

Thank you for the correction.

Stygian_Alchemist #24 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9152 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Ah yes.. a game and community that doesn't exist any longer... 

Has no relevance to the discussion at hand or any improvement to the game going forward. 

So again I'll re-iterate: It's time, as a community, to rebuild and move forward. It's been past time and it's time to stop letting those who want to wallow in the past drag everything down. They will if they are allowed to as has been demonstrated time and again in these forums. The toxicity comes squarely from those who are angry that the game doesn't cater to them specifically. No one and nothing else as far as I can ascertain.. because you can't blame those who strike back at the vipers attempting to bite them.

So again, I've nominated as community leaders the two people who've shown little or no toxicity and the ability to not rise to the salt licks' bait. 

I've noticed that those who are downing the idea have studiously stayed away from discussing the qualifications of the two names put forward. Could it be that you have no valid objections? In the case of losttwo.. I understand.. he's trying to protect his former glory. Doesn't want to share the club.. un-ethical but understandable.

So, does anyone actually have an objection to the two people who've been suggested or is it just a bunch of derailing deflection? Hmmm?

GeorgePatton #25 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:54 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1506 battles

I haven't really read too many posts by WylleCoyote, so can't comment - he's at least not a trouble maker so that's a good start!

I wholeheartedly endorse SpirtFoxMY - great guy, really helped me get back into the game!

I also suggest White_Widow18. We've had our differences, but s/he has been doing a good job of keeping the forums alive and interesting.

Cheers!
Glenn

P.S., I got regular internet back so I'll be around more now!

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Stygian_Alchemist #26 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9152 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
*chuckle* I'm good at livening up the forums.. but in my case I'd rather stay free of any positions (and don't honestly consider -myself- qualified), or else then I might start acting responsibly and get boring. I mean.. they could create a new title for me "Forum Whip" because I'm good at whipping folks into a frenzy, but that's -about- it. 

That's part of why I am stabbing at this, coyote and fox are quiet/unassuming and contribute all the time and get less recognition than I feel either deserves. Marking them out of the crowd should (in theory) make them more able to be found/approached by newbies or even oldsters with questions. Most times they both -have- those answers or at least a good place to start looking for said answers. I've learned quite a bit from the two of them, both as a nublet and now that I've been playing a while.

Finding the people who are friendly and knowledgeable to ask questions of in this game isn't simple and that's a problem. Community Ace, could, if properly resurrected, give people a good resource as a "go to" in terms of listening to responses on the forums. Right now... our community ace group has one or two who actually are community aces and otherwise they've just got a title that fools new players into thinking that person knows what they are speaking on.

GeorgePatton #27 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1506 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 10 June 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

*chuckle* I'm good at livening up the forums.. but in my case I'd rather stay free of any positions (and don't honestly consider -myself- qualified), or else then I might start acting responsibly and get boring. I mean.. they could create a new title for me "Forum Whip" because I'm good at whipping folks into a frenzy, but that's -about- it. 

That's part of why I am stabbing at this, coyote and fox are quiet/unassuming and contribute all the time and get less recognition than I feel either deserves. Marking them out of the crowd should (in theory) make them more able to be found/approached by newbies or even oldsters with questions. Most times they both -have- those answers or at least a good place to start looking for said answers. I've learned quite a bit from the two of them, both as a nublet and now that I've been playing a while.

Finding the people who are friendly and knowledgeable to ask questions of in this game isn't simple and that's a problem. Community Ace, could, if properly resurrected, give people a good resource as a "go to" in terms of listening to responses on the forums. Right now... our community ace group has one or two who actually are community aces and otherwise they've just got a title that fools new players into thinking that person knows what they are speaking on.

You do more than you give yourself credit for. Like I said, we had our differences when I first encountered you here on the forums, but since I've gotten to know you a little better, I've come to respect your opinions and I don't think 'Community Ace' is only for people who are good at answering questions - I think it's important that we have some who make things fun and have a good presence, which I think you have.

Cheers!
Glenn

GeorgePatton #28 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1506 battles

I also would like to nominate mnbv_fockewulfe. The guy has been single-handedly running community events that draw a good amount of players. Wargaming should recognize him.

Cheers!
Glenn

mnbv_fockewulfe #29 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• 589 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 10 June 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

I'm going to pull a Prenzlau, but I'm being quite serious in the below suggestion.

Most of our community aces are either behind the curve or absentee, this is not -necessarily- a criticism of them and this post is not intended as such. It does, however, lead to my next point. Which is that we need new Aces to help lead forum discussion and who have, in large part, already earned the title. I would throw two names out -personally- as nominees to lobby for based on what I've seen of their behavior in the forums.

wylleEcoyote and SpiritFoxMY

That's it, that's all there is to this post. I think the body of what they try to do and present themselves as in the forums speaks for itself insofar as qualifications.

heh.

The community ace program is defunct.

If you're so offended by the poeple on this dinosaur program, just ignore them. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe #30 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:30 PM

Captain

• 589 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 10 June 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

Possibly, but WG has been making at least some effort to be responsive recently and I think taking advantage of that and showing good faith efforts from the players toward them to put our best people forward has at least a possibility of getting something moving in the frozen gears of their beauracracy. 

Insofar as upswing.. eh... numbers show more people playing than anyone thought and a steady trickle increase in the # of those players. Beyond that, I've seen more people flying with names I'd never seen in the last 3-4 months than in rather a long time. YMMV and its all interpretable numbers or anecdote but hope springs eternal. Similar to trying to get the ace program fixed/rejiggered/made useful/to have a point again.

I'm ever hopeful and following the normal lifetime of an MMO this is also the point wherein a game often has a chance at a serious renaissance.. I won't hold my breath, but I'll help to try to get it that way the best I can.

I disagree very much with this statement.

Unless you care to show where you're getting the information from you're wrong.

And WOWP has far outlived it's lifespan for a normal mmo.

It should've been axed 2-3 years ago.

This is what get's me. The game is nowhere near as good as you think it is from an objective standpoint nor anywhere in the ballpark of where it needs to be to be a good game.

The game sucks bots. And if you'd like I can go through every single reason why this game is bad and will never be good if the developers of the game stay the same as they are now.

mnbv_fockewulfe #31 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• 589 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Last one.

Are we done with this inane popularity contest already?

btw, WW, my boost duration is longer than yours...:hiding:

Quesnel #32 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:38 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
The best solution was for some of us to stop flapping our arms and let gravity take over.

losttwo #33 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:42 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3902 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Stygian_Alchemist #34 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9152 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Fockwulfe isn't mature enough to be a CA, thus why I didn't nominate him. Other than him running an event for his friends from time to time he also contributes nothing but negativity. Thus, again, why I didn't nominate him. He has potential as a member of the community but chooses to waste it on pie in the sky criticisms and an incomplete understanding of the video game industry. That's fine, that's his choice. I just don't find that to be contributing to anything but his own ego. Which, seems pretty fragile considering how many times he responds to posts I make when he knows for a fact I have him blocked and have ceased checking to see if what he says holds value.

Edited by White_Widow18, 10 June 2019 - 10:55 PM.

losttwo #35 Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:06 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3902 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 10 June 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

Fockwulfe isn't mature enough to be a CA, thus why I didn't nominate him. Other than him running an event for his friends from time to time he also contributes nothing but negativity. Thus, again, why I didn't nominate him. He has potential as a member of the community but chooses to waste it on pie in the sky criticisms and an incomplete understanding of the video game industry. That's fine, that's his choice. I just don't find that to be contributing to anything but his own ego. Which, seems pretty fragile considering how many times he responds to posts I make when he knows for a fact I have him blocked and have ceased checking to see if what he says holds value.

SO say's the expert on what a Community Ace is,was and shall always be.

Best option is to send Blinfold a note and ask if you can rebuild the Community Ace program.

All these nominations for something that no longer exist is exciting.

Even gives me hope that this game might revive more, faster ,better, stronger.

Ask yourself first. What is a Community Ace and is my idea the same as Wargamings ?

Then ask why WG doesn't have a Community Ace Program anymore.

Or what was the other program I applied for ? Help me George  Patton, you were the only one that was able to do any of it.

and got the medal. Although accepted to the program and did one write up/ review my internet was not good enough to stay connected.

Then they canceled the NA being allowed ot participate for some labor reason.

More power to you and good luck with reviving Community Ace's. Seriously, I wish you all the luck in the world.

mnbv_fockewulfe #36 Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:21 PM

Captain

• 589 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 10 June 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :sceptic:

edit: Forgive me for no being mature enough to be blinded by naive optimism when patch after patch, year after year, the game fails to deliver even the basics of what the players need. Pardon me for looking out for the interests of the players. :facepalm:

The game and forum will receive a positive response from me when the devs add something to the game the players have requested in a way that fulfills the player's wishes, instead of changing the damn SOUND every...single....damn patch.

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 10 June 2019 - 11:31 PM.

Stygian_Alchemist #37 Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9152 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 10 June 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

SO say's the expert on what a Community Ace is,was and shall always be.

Best option is to send Blinfold a note and ask if you can rebuild the Community Ace program.

All these nominations for something that no longer exist is exciting.

Even gives me hope that this game might revive more, faster ,better, stronger.

Ask yourself first. What is a Community Ace and is my idea the same as Wargamings ?

Then ask why WG doesn't have a Community Ace Program anymore.

Or what was the other program I applied for ? Help me George  Patton, you were the only one that was able to do any of it.

and got the medal. Although accepted to the program and did one write up/ review my internet was not good enough to stay connected.

Then they canceled the NA being allowed ot participate for some labor reason.

More power to you and good luck with reviving Community Ace's. Seriously, I wish you all the luck in the world.

In most forums, a community ace (weirdly that title is used in other games) is generally someone knowledgeable, mature, kind to a fault, who plays heavily, and who generally stays -above- the fray if not uninvolved completely with the fray (social/popularity contest/annoyance/whatever).

Maybe I -should- contact BF after lining out a good proposal, maybe this IS a good idea. As I said though, _I_ don't feel qualified to be a CA. I know my flaws and faults and that's A-OK.

I dunno what WG intended it to be or not be.. but obviously that never stuck and at this point its a title that seems to generally signal to newbies a greater understanding of the game and ergo more reason to listen to them. 

I really do just want to see the game grow and have a solid community, even the people I heavily disagree with, dislike, or find to be a net negative to the game I would like to see get back into it, enjoy it, and contribute to it positively (which means rolling with what exists instead of pining over what doesn't). It's why I fly so much, it's why I chatter in the forums, it's why I am constantly DM'ing in and out of the game. Because this game's shelf life isn't up yet or anywhere near it. It's never made it -to- the shelf and that's a problem.. it's like Duke Nuke'em forever was except they've pretended to release this at least.

WG has been putting more resources and effort toward the game of late and that gives me hope that if people work -with- them instead of railing -against- them we can get seats and voices at the table and make the game -better-. Comparing what is or what could be to what was is.. fallacy for me... since this is -not- the same game and that has been hammered on by most everyone (me included, I tried alpha on another account got 50 matches in and quit). I didn't enjoy what came before, too much queue time, too little flight time and too many imbalances. Not saying this is perfect either (not by a country mile).. but I see this as a better starting point to make it -into- something good because it doesn't cater to purely hardcore players any longer. It has the ability to play at all effort and skill levels and feel like you did something (well.. maybe not ALL skill levels.. but I digress).

I've been watching you, in particular, waffle between grumpy bitterness over the old world and joy over/with the new one. I like it and appreciate it -immensely- when you suggest ways to improve things without devolving to pining for the fjords. You've had things I've agreed with and disagreed with when that happens but no matter what its made me think and if the devs are reading at all.. I would hope it has given them food for thought as well. Come, join me on the light side, we have cookies and hope.

Edited by White_Widow18, 10 June 2019 - 11:32 PM.

losttwo #38 Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:37 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3902 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Like I stated.

Send a note to Blindfold about reviving Community Aces. Or a form there of.

Good luck to you on that endeavor.

Mean time I got video's to make.

CorvusCorvax #39 Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:51 PM

Captain

• 3613 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 10 June 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

Fockwulfe isn't mature enough to be a CA

I enjoy irony, so this one made me literally laugh out loud.

losttwo #40 Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:54 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3902 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 10 June 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

the players have requested in a way that fulfills the player's wishes, instead of changing the damn SOUND every...single....damn patch.

Well at least they haven't gone all country music on us yet.

Also tagged with Community Aces, ace, community, nominations

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users