Jump to content


Bot Control

bot bots AI RNG

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Leadlooser #1 Posted 09 June 2019 - 04:36 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6157 battles
  • 128
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

We had a problem with “Bots,” but as the WoWP population is slight, we have a bigger issue now.

What do bots do?

  1. They fodder the games for us. (I’m not unhappy about this) with the flips-side being that they feed the opponent team with intention, perhaps.
  2. They may focus-fire (the HHJ take).
  3. Spin around a worthless objective/taken objective.
  4. Suicide into terrain.

Now we have a worse ‘Bot’ situation:

The players, best and worst, direct the “Bots.”  Is this a case of better ‘Bot distributors’ winning more often?

I’ve read that the “Bot” patch was to mitigate opponent flights.   Has it?  It seems that the “Bot” patch is trying to replace “Flighting” with “RNG ‘flighting.’”

As a general non-flighter, I feel that I’m over-“Botted,” often.  That written, perhaps exploiting this new patch is the way to go if only I could quickly.

losttwo #2 Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:08 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,980
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

I found that there is not difference in game play after I stopped trying to use all the function keys.

I just fly normally and win, lose or draw normally.

There really has been no difference.



Chuck_norris10 #3 Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:43 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2197 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View Postlosttwo, on 08 June 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

I found that there is not difference in game play after I stopped trying to use all the function keys.

I just fly normally and win, lose or draw normally.

There really has been no difference.

 

Yup,and when I did call for help no one came anyways.

Researched the bf109z and flew it stock with no bot help and did very well in it and even won a couple matches.

Only think not stock is the cannons. Pretty sure I one shotted a few guys tonight with it.


 

 


 

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:43 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 23533 battles
  • 3,359
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I quit foolin' with it when I noticed my bot 'support' liked to die in the cap zone.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #5 Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3530 battles
  • 3,441
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
it's very early in the bot flighting era        I'll bet that we'll see improvements
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

wscarter007 #6 Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5861 battles
  • 224
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017
What I found wss it dosnt have as large of an impact on the game as I originally believed.  The 2 commands i mainly use now is f4 to cover my flight member if im in a flight,  and the f7 clear my tail. 

SkyWolf__WM #7 Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:31 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9308 battles
  • 4,592
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Postwscarter007, on 09 June 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

What I found wss it dosnt have as large of an impact on the game as I originally believed.  The 2 commands i mainly use now is f4 to cover my flight member if im in a flight,  and the f7 clear my tail. 

 

I use "Clear my tail" and "Affirmative" mapped to my joystick. The clear my tail request has actually been successful most of the time. It, to my amazement, has produced a cleared tail. :)

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 09 June 2019 - 09:32 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


Stygian_Alchemist #8 Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:45 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11064 battles
  • 2,106
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
I do the support request.. the only thing that sucks is when I'm in my EF 131 and something like a Yak-30 is what responds.... IT CANNOT POSSIBLY KEEP UP! YOU ARE USELESS YOU POTATO! WHY DID YOU FOLLOW ME! *coughs* Ahem.... I guess my point is they might need to work slightly on which bot responds if available. I'd rather have one slightly further away that can get to my plane -eventually- at least.

wylleEcoyote #9 Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:59 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5491 battles
  • 858
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
My issue comes from telling bots to go to a particular sector that needs to more help and the responding bot is one that is already there...

Fair warning. My success rate at speculative guesswork is much like my WinRate. Hit or Miss.
Usually I start on the right track and then a make a weird left turn and get lost in the weeds ... 
And yet it doesn't stop me from speculation.

Specialist Planes I have from : Japan, USA, UK, Germany, USSR, Europe
Light Fighters:   XP-31, Model 81A-1, P-40, P-51A, P-39N-1, XF15C, DH.100 F1, Fw 56, He 112, Bf 109 B / E / E-3 / F, Me209v4, Me209 A, I-17
Multi-Roles: Type 91, F11C-2, F4F, P-47B, Fw 190 A-1 / A-5 / D, I- 5 / 15 / 16(e)(l)

Heavy Fighters: P-38 F/J,  XP-58, Beaufighter,  Bf 110 C-6, Me 410, Do 335 A-1, Me 262, Tu-1, SE 100,

Attack Aircraft: Hs 123, Ha 137, Hs 129 A, Ju 87 G, Me 265, Me 1099 B-2
Bombers: Do 17 Z, He 111 H2, Pe-2, Do 217 M
 


hoom #10 Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9971 battles
  • 1,960
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I've had some nasty encounters with Flights in Fighters/Multiroles recently where I would normally expect to be able to take them on 2 v 1 with good chance of winning despite there being a couple of other bots around.

But I die terribly.

I'm pretty sure they've actually both been using F3 so its really 4 v 1 since I tend to get whacked by the bot/s immediately after initial pass on one of the Flight members, leaving me crippled & easy pickings.

 

So I've been also experimenting with using F3 when flying a Fighter/Multirole too (a problem is you need to use it while outside a cap which can be difficult to arrange, presumably a Flight can F4 each other)

 

I really would like some kind of persistent (stays visible until command completed or bot dies) GUI indicator saying which bot is following your command & which command, preferably a team colour change on radar/HUD too (like how Flight members are yellow to eachother).

That way it'd be much easier to judge how effective or not a particular command is being/how far from help you may or not be & if the bot died.

 

Arguably perhaps Flights should be unable to give bot commands?


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Stygian_Alchemist #11 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:56 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11064 battles
  • 2,106
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Posthoom, on 13 August 2019 - 12:29 AM, said:

I've had some nasty encounters with Flights in Fighters/Multiroles recently where I would normally expect to be able to take them on 2 v 1 with good chance of winning despite there being a couple of other bots around.

But I die terribly.

I'm pretty sure they've actually both been using F3 so its really 4 v 1 since I tend to get whacked by the bot/s immediately after initial pass on one of the Flight members, leaving me crippled & easy pickings.

 

So I've been also experimenting with using F3 when flying a Fighter/Multirole too (a problem is you need to use it while outside a cap which can be difficult to arrange, presumably a Flight can F4 each other)

 

I really would like some kind of persistent (stays visible until command completed or bot dies) GUI indicator saying which bot is following your command & which command, preferably a team colour change on radar/HUD too (like how Flight members are yellow to eachother).

That way it'd be much easier to judge how effective or not a particular command is being/how far from help you may or not be & if the bot died.

 

Arguably perhaps Flights should be unable to give bot commands?

Sometimes in a flight you can get them to work that way.. in the -initial- zerg. Past that... bots go all air head and its hard to herd them to keep them going. I've found the best cure for it is just to -not- be where the humans are. Eventually one of their bot helpers will ADD off and I can kill it, then buzz through their little squad and kill one while dragging the rest of them away from wherever.



Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:06 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 23533 battles
  • 3,359
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I have been in battles (just had one today) where the Red team goes as a herd to one cap at a time.  They win.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)





Also tagged with bot, bots, AI, RNG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users