wowp stepchild

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #41 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:19 AM

Captain

• 605 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 09 June 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

Yeah I wanna come to wulf's gatherings bad, but I either work the next day, or the most reason is I only have a tier 5 plane tricked out.  I do have the B 32 bomber which I have rarely flown, but that's about it.

Oh yeah, I have the 109F and G,  forgot about that, but researched only cuz I have no desire to fly them.  Maybe I'll get off it and develop a few tier 6s.

Booze

If you ever can make it, you'll be welcomed with open arms and a hail of bullets. :teethhappy:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Booze_Morgan #42 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 530 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 09 June 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

If you ever can make it, you'll be welcomed with open arms and a hail of bullets. :teethhappy:

Thanks man, all I would ever ask for.  I'd bring in my main account, but I really do not want you knowing who I am.

Booze

Spoiler

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #43 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:26 AM

Captain

• 1122 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 09 June 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

It isn't you. It isn't me. It IS them.  Just learn to ignore.

I cannot say it enough. Acceptance (of this negativity) leads to acquiescence, acquiescence to peace.  Ignore it Trikke, just let it roll by. It will always be here, surrender to that fact, and be at peace with it.  Think about getting warmth from the coldness of others, and you will be able to pick out the good and ignore the not so good.  It is amazing, the two things I just gave you.

Booze

the boozer speaks of balance

without black there is no white

good needs evil to be recognized

and...

ketchup on hotdogs is just wrong

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Stygian_Alchemist #44 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 10795 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 09 June 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

the boozer speaks of balance

without black there is no white

good needs evil to be recognized

and...

ketchup on hotdogs is just wrong

But is it as much of an abomination as pineapple on pizza?

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #45 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:57 AM

Captain

• 1122 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 09 June 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

uhh... crushed with thinly sliced glazed ham, sweet onions, peppers with a sharp spicy sauce on a cracker thin crust

you gotta know pizza has many faces

but...

no ketchup

mustard goes on dogs

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Bobby_Tables #46 Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7487 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 09 June 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

mustard goes on dogs

And drag it through the garden.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #47 Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:20 AM

Captain

• 1122 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 09 June 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

And drag it through the garden.

hehe

and drag ya talian beef trou da river

Chuck_norris10 #48 Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:10 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2117 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 09 June 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

The real Chuck Norris is shilling the most popular brand of car among Middle Eastern extremists.

And he's a joke. And an out of touch source of insane dithering intercoursery.

Nope,im fighting wildfires if you really must know,

https://www.facebook...61820591135613/

Thats my cat in front of me....1200 kilometers we drove to that fire last week.

:teethhappy:

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 10 June 2019 - 04:13 AM.

SkyWolf__WM #49 Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:21 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8660 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostChuck_norris10, on 09 June 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

Nope,im fighting wildfires if you really must know,

https://www.facebook...61820591135613/

Thats my cat in front of me....1200 kilometers we drove to that fire last week.

:teethhappy:

Oh. Didn't know that. If you guys would just rake up the leaves we wouldn't have wildfires.  :honoring:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Stygian_Alchemist #50 Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 10795 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Reasons I play:

losttwo #51 Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:44 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5121 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 09 June 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

Really ?

You had to go there ?

Admins please lock this thread it has now become to much to bare

Stygian_Alchemist #52 Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 10795 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 10 June 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

Really ?

You had to go there ?

Admins please lock this thread it has now become to much to bare

Woah woah woah! Don't go "bare"ing anything for my sake. I don't want to see that. *solemn nod*

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #53 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:52 PM

Captain

• 1122 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 10 June 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

Oh. Didn't know that. If you guys would just rake up the leaves we wouldn't have wildfires.  :honoring:

Good+1

CorvusCorvax #54 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:25 PM

Captain

• 4135 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 10 June 2019 - 02:24 AM, said:

Thanks man, all I would ever ask for.  I'd bring in my main account, but I really do not want you knowing who I am.

Booze

The events usually run T5 and 6 stuff, but we have done "Bomber Night in America" where one team has B-32s and the other team has heavy fighters.  The results are laugh-out-loud funny.

As far as the rest of it goes, well, two thin-skinned forum tryhards are always going to be prickly and outraged when folks see that they can dish it out, but can't take it.  Don't come to the internet with a thin skin or you'll always be outraged.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #55 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1276 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostChuck_norris10, on 08 June 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Well that's just you,getting kicks out of dirting people or bragging about how good you are.

Carry on though,would not want to put a damper on the only entertainment you have in life.

Does somebody need a hug??  :)  *insert huggie Emoti here*  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 10 June 2019 - 09:58 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

BB3_Oregon_Steel #56 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1276 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 08 June 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

My first job was at 8 years old mucking the stalls out of the horse barn for the ranch a mile down the road from the house I was living in... unless you count hauling shingles onto the roof for my Father and his construction business at 4 and 5 (I got paid half minimum wage and I kept up time-wise with grown men. That's what was expected from my family.)  

This part sounds familiar.  There are times when being the bosses daughter truly sucks aren't there. 

Me, it started at 6 when I was old enough to lug around the irrigation pipes which watered our field at the ranch.  At 9 it was working on an oiling crew (building roads, not the pumping from the ground stuff).  It was the middle of summer in the Oregon high desert and it was hot hot hot hot and we were doing "Penetration Oiling" which consists of having a distributor (truck with big tank filled with hot hot hot stick you with a spray bar on back) spray oil on the ground then following it up with Flaridy (machine that trucks dump crushed rock in the back then conveyor belts move it to the front where a rock spreader sprinkles it on the ground) with a broom.  Why the broom do you ask?  Well sometimes a rock or cinder that was a little bit bigger than the rest would stick open a gate on the rock spreader and it would make piles of rock whenever it slowed or stopped.  It was my and my brooms job to follow that monstrosity all over the many miles of road we were building (several times since it needs more than a single layer of oil and rock to actually pave the road) to knock down all of those piles, small and not so small, so that the road was more road than obstacle course. 

All for $1.15 an hour.  

Why have you never seen this method of road construction yourself, simple, because it's archaic, however it has one virtue. 

Normally asphalt (the black stuff your roads are made of) is mixed together in what is called a "hot plant", dumped into a truck and hauled to where a paving machine spreads it evenly on the road.  However if you are far enough out in the middle of nowhere building a road, the hot asphalt in the truck bed can begin to cool before the truck can get to you at which point it becomes a big 12 ton rock which needs dynamite to spread anywhere.  With penetration oiling, the Distributor (truck that carries and sprays on the oil) carries hot oil which it keeps hot throughout the day.  Hence, if you are building a road in the middle of nowhere, penetration oiling is the way to go. 

Btw, this implies that me and my broom were in the middle of nowhere ... take a look at a map of Eastern Oregon, there's a lot of nowhere out there. 

Well so what did I get out of this experience ... well I learned the difference between actually working hard and just thinking you're working hard as well as deciding when I grew up I would work somewhere with air conditioning.  :great:

Anyway, I could relate to that interesting tid bit so I thought I would swoop in and take the thread completely off track.  

No, no need to thank me, it was my pleasure!!  :great:

Now where was I ... oh yes ... BI-PLANE ATTACK PLANES AWAY!!! :izmena:

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Stygian_Alchemist #57 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10795 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 10 June 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

This part sounds familiar.  There are times when being the bosses daughter truly sucks aren't there. 

Me, it started at 6 when I was old enough to lug around the irrigation pipes which watered our field at the ranch.  At 9 it was working on an oiling crew (building roads, not the pumping from the ground stuff).  It was the middle of summer in the Oregon high desert and it was hot hot hot hot and we were doing "Penetration Oiling" which consists of having a distributor (truck with big tank filled with hot hot hot stick you with a spray bar on back) spray oil on the ground then following it up with Flaridy (machine that trucks dump crushed rock in the back then conveyor belts move it to the front where a rock spreader sprinkles it on the ground) with a broom.  Why the broom do you ask?  Well sometimes a rock or cinder that was a little bit bigger than the rest would stick open a gate on the rock spreader and it would make piles of rock whenever it slowed or stopped.  It was my and my brooms job to follow that monstrosity all over the many miles of road we were building (several times since it needs more than a single layer of oil and rock to actually pave the road) to knock down all of those piles, small and not so small, so that the road was more road than obstacle course. 

All for $1.15 an hour.  

Why have you never seen this method of road construction yourself, simple, because it's archaic, however it has one virtue. 

Normally asphalt (the black stuff your roads are made of) is mixed together in what is called a "hot plant", dumped into a truck and hauled to where a paving machine spreads it evenly on the road.  However if you are far enough out in the middle of nowhere building a road, the hot asphalt in the truck bed can begin to cool before the truck can get to you at which point it becomes a big 12 ton rock which needs dynamite to spread anywhere.  With penetration oiling, the Distributor (truck that carries and sprays on the oil) carries hot oil which it keeps hot throughout the day.  Hence, if you are building a road in the middle of nowhere, penetration oiling is the way to go. 

Btw, this implies that me and my broom were in the middle of nowhere ... take a look at a map of Eastern Oregon, there's a lot of nowhere out there. 

Well so what did I get out of this experience ... well I learned the difference between actually working hard and just thinking you're working hard as well as deciding when I grew up I would work somewhere with air conditioning.  :great:

Anyway, I could relate to that interesting tid bit so I thought I would swoop in and take the thread completely off track.  

<3 

I've seen this method of road construction!!!! I also miss Oregon so bad it hurts, heck.. half the time I miss working on farms. Life took me to cities and travel after a certain point so I imagine that's part nostalgia lol!

And being the boss's daughter is almost never a fun position to be in. You work harder for less and take more flak for mistakes usually. Was better than working for my Uncles when I was a teen though, ugh! Working for the farmers around the country house we bought after Dad died wasn't so bad though. 

losttwo #58 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:52 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5121 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Oh man I used to love it when we had asphalt scheduled.

I would bring steak, potato, corn and other stuff wrapped in foil. 

Stick in in the pile of hot asphalt in the morning and by lunch it is perfect. 

I miss the early 90's running a road crew until my kidney blew out.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #59 Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:52 AM

Captain

• 1122 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 10 June 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

All for $1.15 an hour.  

Noreaga #60 Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
pineapple and bacon on a pizza is amazing ! Its anchovies that i just can't understand on a pizza, ugh so fishy. 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Also tagged with wowp, stepchild

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users