Jump to content


Token rant and losttwo vent

daily tokens Ground Targets

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:17 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 3267 battles
  • 13,566
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

OMG Wargaming can you create Daily Token missions that do not comprise 99% of them being Ground target missions.

Holy Cow of the most Holiest Cows and including the unholy ones too.

Every friggin time its all about the ground targets.

Switch out a ground target daily token and boom Ground targets.

Wait for server reset and switch token mission too....you guessed it GROUND TARGETS.

 

I am cursed..absolutely cursed !!!!!

Can't wargaming be more creative.

I think the only other mission that exist is " Attack/ Defend Airfield "

Then you do not even get airfield maps.

 

Any one else cursed ?


Edited by losttwo, 08 June 2019 - 12:18 PM.


Moonrider #2 Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 1718 battles
  • 245
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 08 June 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

I am cursed..absolutely cursed !!!!!

Can't wargaming be more creative.

I think the only other mission that exist is " Attack/ Defend Airfield "

Then you do not even get airfield maps.

 

Any one else cursed ?


LOL!

Envision, if you will, an old fart who's only plane above tier 7 is a J8M Shusui. (Couple of tier 7 multiroles not TOO far from complete.)

Those ground target missions take foreeeeevvvvvveeeeerrrrrrrrrrr.


Edited by Moonrider, 08 June 2019 - 01:24 PM.

Logic is a feeble reed, friend. "Logic" proved that airplanes can't fly and that H-bombs won't work and that stones don't fall out of the sky. Logic is a way of saying that anything which didn't happen yesterday won't happen tomorrow.
-- R. A Heinlein​, Glory Road


Prenzlau #3 Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9966 battles
  • 1,058
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View Postlosttwo, on 08 June 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

OMG Wargaming can you create Daily Token missions that do not comprise 99% of them being Ground target missions.

Holy Cow of the most Holiest Cows and including the unholy ones too.

Every friggin time its all about the ground targets.

Switch out a ground target daily token and boom Ground targets.

Wait for server reset and switch token mission too....you guessed it GROUND TARGETS.

 

I am cursed..absolutely cursed !!!!!

Can't wargaming be more creative.

I think the only other mission that exist is " Attack/ Defend Airfield "

Then you do not even get airfield maps.

 

Any one else cursed ?

 

    I will happily take all your ground target missions and give you all the aerial target missions that I keep getting.

 

Maybe there should be an exchange? 

 

Once again common sense would dictate that this game has no brains, and yet it always seems to know how to give certain people a hard time. Remarkable. 

 

I love ground target missions, that is easy money! 

 

Hope your luck gets better!

 

Prenzlau


 

 

 

 


losttwo #4 Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 3267 battles
  • 13,566
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostPrenzlau, on 08 June 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

 

    I will happily take all your ground target missions and give you all the aerial target missions that I keep getting.

 

Maybe there should be an exchange? 

 

Once again common sense would dictate that this game has no brains, and yet it always seems to know how to give certain people a hard time. Remarkable. 

 

I love ground target missions, that is easy money! 

 

Hope your luck gets better!

 

Prenzlau

 

So they do have more aerial target missions...:teethhappy:

Would be nice if they would alternate.

I am about to snag a rabbit out of my yard and cut it's foot off.

Get tired of flying GA/Bombers all the time. Takes forever in Heavies and Multi-roles.

As for a fighter. Lets just say 1K damage is about as much as I have been able to get in one.



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 979 battles
  • 4,421
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postlosttwo, on 08 June 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

 

So they do have more aerial target missions...:teethhappy:

Would be nice if they would alternate.

I am about to snag a rabbit out of my yard and cut it's foot off.

Get tired of flying GA/Bombers all the time. Takes forever in Heavies and Multi-roles.

As for a fighter. Lets just say 1K damage is about as much as I have been able to get in one.

it's a targeted conspiracy

plain and simple

:rolleyes:


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3406 battles
  • 3,751
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPrenzlau, on 08 June 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

 

    I will happily take all your ground target missions and give you all the aerial target missions that I keep getting.

 

Maybe there should be an exchange? 

 

Once again common sense would dictate that this game has no brains, and yet it always seems to know how to give certain people a hard time. Remarkable. 

 

I love ground target missions, that is easy money! 

 

Hope your luck gets better!

 

Prenzlau

 

Interesting!  So, as a rule, I fly heavy fighters most.  When I log in, those are the first planes I fly.  If I'm having a bad day, I run to the comfort of my Me-262 trio (sidenote - even if I lose playing them, I have fun.)  But I have fairly catholic tastes about plane types.  MRF, GAA, bomber?  Sure!  Throw in a little Japanese LF action on occasion?  Absolutely.

I get widely-varied daily missions.  I have two ground attack ones going right now, and a "defend the airfield" one.  You and Zig saw me the other day doing that particular mission - that central airbase one that you guys won 800-795.  (good game, BTW - it was a blast.)  No, the 262 HGII is not the best choice for that mission, but since the stupid bots won't leave the center alone, I figured at least my bots would have a chance if we maintained ownership...  I was almost right.

 

But that aside, I have absolutely no doubt that if your hangar contains a bunch of light fighters, you get GA missions.  Or if you lean heavily toward GA aircraft, you get LF-type missions. Because WG would rather you convert dollars into gold, and gold into tokens.  If it were my call to make, and getting paid was one of the goals, I would do it exactly the same way.



Prenzlau #7 Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9966 battles
  • 1,058
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 June 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

 

Interesting!  So, as a rule, I fly heavy fighters most.  When I log in, those are the first planes I fly.  If I'm having a bad day, I run to the comfort of my Me-262 trio (sidenote - even if I lose playing them, I have fun.)  But I have fairly catholic tastes about plane types.  MRF, GAA, bomber?  Sure!  Throw in a little Japanese LF action on occasion?  Absolutely.

I get widely-varied daily missions.  I have two ground attack ones going right now, and a "defend the airfield" one.  You and Zig saw me the other day doing that particular mission - that central airbase one that you guys won 800-795.  (good game, BTW - it was a blast.)  No, the 262 HGII is not the best choice for that mission, but since the stupid bots won't leave the center alone, I figured at least my bots would have a chance if we maintained ownership...  I was almost right.

 

But that aside, I have absolutely no doubt that if your hangar contains a bunch of light fighters, you get GA missions.  Or if you lean heavily toward GA aircraft, you get LF-type missions. Because WG would rather you convert dollars into gold, and gold into tokens.  If it were my call to make, and getting paid was one of the goals, I would do it exactly the same way.

 

    I agree with the sentiment that making player's grind is one way to bring in possible profits. On the other hand, creating excess frustration seems counter productive. WG should be creating ways to bring in a larger player base, not only new players but bringing back players who have quit or have lost interest. A robust clan system with new rankings and new events that are clan based would bring in players, since recruiting would be of high importance. Clan based competition would not only be fun and challenging, but players would spend out of necessity. What they are doing now is fine, it's ok. Warplanes is like a slow moving slug, yes there is progress I suppose, but if you think about it, it is a lot of the same old stuff, over and over again. I play hundreds of battles each week against players I do not know, and have no reason to get excited about. Almost like meaningless gladiator matches. What WG is missing is the emotional connection to why players want to play and compete. I'll be 100% honest, sometimes I have to taunt and gloat at people just to make it interesting, and clan battles or ranked battles would make each and every battle emotionally interesting and exciting. Sometimes when I'm flighted with a friend and on teamspeak, we talk about things, our lives, different subjects and playing the game is like watching the dryers spin at the laundry mat. It is almost subconscious. Only when a formidable team on the other side pops up, do we have to actually focus and pay attention. 

    This game is somewhat boring because the people who have created it and manage it are boring. They have no concept of competition and trying to fuel players emotions. Instead it is mostly frustration for many players if you take away the social elements. So if I listed why I play this game, first would be my friends, then my clan, and somewhere in the back of the trunk is the actual game. So what would motivate me personally to enjoy the game and spend more money, events and challenges based on why I play, friends and clan. Instead we get really generic community competitions where just getting into the top 500 probably gets you the equipment. Otherwise the top 20 spots are just people showing off their endurance. The game is not a total loss, it functions with lots of bugs and illogical happenings, but the creative and innovative thinking is depleted. Most players at some level recognize this and hang around with the hope that maybe, just maybe someday, the game will move in that creative direction, and they will actually give players what they want as I listed above. 

    Everything that exists ultimately searches for equilibrium. This game is what it is because it is the culmination of the effort and creative thought behind it, so humans are very good at assessing potential, and imagining what something could be if more work and effort was put into it. That is why we as a species enjoy modifying and creating our environment and material creations. So most of us see very clearly the potential of this game, and we get very frustrated when it falls short of reasonable expectations. So psychologically we us the "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" set of expectations, and we settle for what is because that is all we have. We are all in the same boat, it is the most common bond we all have, like breathing. 

 

 

 

Prenzlau


 

 

 

 


Zigfreid #8 Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 14505 battles
  • 1,579
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013

View Postlosttwo, on 08 June 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

OMG Wargaming can you create Daily Token missions that do not comprise 99% of them being Ground target missions.

Holy Cow of the most Holiest Cows and including the unholy ones too.

Every friggin time its all about the ground targets.

Switch out a ground target daily token and boom Ground targets.

Wait for server reset and switch token mission too....you guessed it GROUND TARGETS.

 

I am cursed..absolutely cursed !!!!!

Can't wargaming be more creative.

I think the only other mission that exist is " Attack/ Defend Airfield "

Then you do not even get airfield maps.

 

Any one else cursed ?

 

I will take all your ground target missions also.

And this game was invented for bombers and G/T.

So get off the fence grab a bomber and stop crying.







Also tagged with daily, tokens, Ground Targets

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users