Jump to content


Horten ho 229 in action in the game ¡¡¡

fighter horten 229

  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #21 Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:11 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4482 battles
  • 4,743
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpoppavein, on 07 June 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

 

Nope.  You can buy 150 certs for $32, but you need 249 certs for the plane.  About $54.  Plus tokens if you are planning on working some of the missions and it takes more than 2 days.

 

 

THanks for the update.  I think I'll pass.

Prenzlau #22 Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12241 battles
  • 1,058
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

We all know Horton hears a Who.... but who here hears a Horton?

 

Something to ponder....

 

Prenzlau


 

 

 

 


SkyWolf__WM #23 Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:25 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10809 battles
  • 4,821
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012
Before you write this plane off take a look at Magus' thread and see how a properly flown model is DANGEROUS.  :playing:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


CorvusCorvax #24 Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:47 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4482 battles
  • 4,743
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 08 June 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

Before you write this plane off take a look at Magus' thread and see how a properly flown model is DANGEROUS.  :playing:

 

I watched.  I am still not impressed.

trikke #25 Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:28 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3891 battles
  • 3,781
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
i just bought one...   i'll report back after the Sun am shakedown cruise
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Deltavee #26 Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:55 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2978 battles
  • 585
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

Thanks for the post, pirat.  It was fun to listen to a Russian vid for a change.  You can pretty much figure what he's saying just by the tone of his voice; we've all made pretty much the same comments at certain points in the battle.

 

As far as the Ho goes, I think I'll pass.  Maybe I'll pick it up just to own it sometime in the future when WG has milked it to the max and then forgotten it.  Future personal museum piece.  I have other aircraft I can use to improve my cannon skills.

Cheers,


Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU


CorvusCorvax #27 Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:35 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4482 battles
  • 4,743
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDeltavee, on 09 June 2019 - 01:55 AM, said:

Thanks for the post, pirat.  It was fun to listen to a Russian vid for a change.  You can pretty much figure what he's saying just by the tone of his voice; we've all made pretty much the same comments at certain points in the battle.

 

As far as the Ho goes, I think I'll pass.  Maybe I'll pick it up just to own it sometime in the future when WG has milked it to the max and then forgotten it.  Future personal museum piece.  I have other aircraft I can use to improve my cannon skills.

Cheers,

 

It has a certain appeal.  I was gifted the plane today, and played it like a BnZ German HF.  It was a victory, and I was the top scorer on my team, but I would not call this plane a hard carry plane.

hoom #28 Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:45 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10573 battles
  • 2,118
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Aww geez, I've been wanting to skip it but this looks kinda amazing actually.

 

Its a T8 version of I-211 with better altitude.

Arguably Su-9 with better altitude but I think the unified 30mm armament better compares with I-211 37mm guns.

 

I stayed away from that line above Yak-9u for a long time but while Su-9 wasn't particularly great I found the I-211 and I-215 amazeballs :playing:

The extra altitude gives much more flexibility & it looks like it accelerates better than the sluggish Su-9.

 

Somewhat separated 30mms on this does look like it causes some misses compared to the close grouped 37mm on the I-211 but close enough to land plenty.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

CorvusCorvax #29 Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4482 battles
  • 4,743
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posthoom, on 09 June 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

 

 

Somewhat separated 30mms on this does look like it causes some misses compared to the close grouped 37mm on the I-211 but close enough to land plenty.

 

I had a bot XP-58 completely avoid my shells for 5 seconds by flying with the planform perpendicular to the horizon.  I had to quarter-roll to match.  This particular thing has happened to me while playing the 109Z, and it's always weird.

Booze_Morgan #30 Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1326 battles
  • 679
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 June 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

 

It has a certain appeal.  I was gifted the plane today, and played it like a BnZ German HF.  It was a victory, and I was the top scorer on my team, but I would not call this plane a hard carry plane.

 

View Posthoom, on 08 June 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

Aww geez, I've been wanting to skip it but this looks kinda amazing actually.

 

Its a T8 version of I-211 with better altitude.

Arguably Su-9 with better altitude but I think the unified 30mm armament better compares with I-211 37mm guns.

 

I stayed away from that line above Yak-9u for a long time but while Su-9 wasn't particularly great I found the I-211 and I-215 amazeballs :playing:

The extra altitude gives much more flexibility & it looks like it accelerates better than the sluggish Su-9.

 

Somewhat separated 30mms on this does look like it causes some misses compared to the close grouped 37mm on the I-211 but close enough to land plenty.

 

There is only one way I can fly this bird, and it's like Corvus said, like a German B&Z heavy.  It assassinates bombers really well.  It is good for going after large heavies also, but if a human decides you ain't gonna hit him, you gonna have a hard time.  Now, when the small asteroids it flings out as bullets hit a light fighter, they disappear, or most of the plane does anyway.  I killed lots of bombers, a few heavies, and got lots of assists on fighters.

 

But the dern plane IS fun.  Just gotta fly her like she wants to be flown.

 

Booze


Spoiler

 


SkyWolf__WM #31 Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:19 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10809 battles
  • 4,821
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 June 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

 

I watched.  I am still not impressed.

 

Heh...Not impressed by Magus and his incredible skill playing WoWP? :teethhappy:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


CorvusCorvax #32 Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:49 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4482 battles
  • 4,743
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 09 June 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

 

Heh...Not impressed by Magus and his incredible skill playing WoWP? :teethhappy:

 

I did better in my first flight, with more humans in-game.  But I was not talking about his flying, I was talking about the aircraft itself.  Which, if you had bothered to read everything I was writing, you might have figured out.

 

As a T8 light fighter, it still doesn't impress me much with all of one flight under my belt.  I'll get it specialized, and play it enough so that I get a solid feel about what it can do, what it can't do, and what tricks it holds in the non-published stats.



CorvusCorvax #33 Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:53 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4482 battles
  • 4,743
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 09 June 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

 

 

There is only one way I can fly this bird, and it's like Corvus said, like a German B&Z heavy.  It assassinates bombers really well.  It is good for going after large heavies also, but if a human decides you ain't gonna hit him, you gonna have a hard time.  Now, when the small asteroids it flings out as bullets hit a light fighter, they disappear, or most of the plane does anyway.  I killed lots of bombers, a few heavies, and got lots of assists on fighters.

 

But the dern plane IS fun.  Just gotta fly her like she wants to be flown.

 

 

 

One of the things the plane does well is to exterminate pesky lone MRF of the bot flavor.  You know, the ones just out flying around, not actually helping the team do anything?   Or ones very loosely associated with bomber flights?  The Ho-229 does do a good job on bomber flights - you can stand off outside of defensive fire range and plink them to death.  And clean up any bot "escort" before you start.

 

That last sentence is the key.  Force this plane into a low-level turnfight, and you are going to have a bad day.



SkyWolf__WM #34 Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:45 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10809 battles
  • 4,821
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

 

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 09 June 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

That last sentence is the key.  Force this plane into a low-level turnfight, and you are going to have a bad day.

 

And how do you propose to "force" me into a low level turn fight? :sceptic:


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


CorvusCorvax #35 Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:24 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4482 battles
  • 4,743
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 09 June 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

 

 

And how do you propose to "force" me into a low level turn fight? :sceptic:

 

Your trolling is getting old already, and you just started.  But I'm happy to have a forum puppy following me around and "accidentally" misinterpreting what I've written.  [hint: it doesn't make me look small]

White_Widow18 #36 Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:52 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12665 battles
  • 2,575
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 09 June 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

 

Your trolling is getting old already, and you just started.  But I'm happy to have a forum puppy following me around and "accidentally" misinterpreting what I've written.  [hint: it doesn't make me look small]

 

Hint: You always look small buddy. Always. You're -actually- less valuable to the forums than Perco_lator as far as I am concerned. At least, you have less of value you've ever contributed.

Booze_Morgan #37 Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:58 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1326 battles
  • 679
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 09 June 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

 

valuable to the forums 

 

I gotta say, almost all you who are crucifying each other, I have learned from in this very forum. Almost every one of you.  There are a few who ONLY say unfortunate things, these have little value far as I am concerned except to those who like this kinda thing.  The rest of you definitely have value to me, even when you get insultive and petty for the sake of same.  Too bad that...

 

I don't get reactive or bothered or feel the need to react simply because I accept this is a part of forums.  It is sad, but ever-present. Acceptance leads to acquiescence, acquiescence to peace.  And this leads to lots more enjoyment and learning.

 

Booze the Monk of Peace


Edited by Booze_Morgan, 09 June 2019 - 09:22 PM.

Spoiler

 


CorvusCorvax #38 Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:26 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4482 battles
  • 4,743
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 09 June 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

 

[posts a bunch of off-topic nonsense about forum value, again]

 

And here we have the definition of irony. Well done!

 

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 09 June 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

 

I gotta say, almost all you who are crucifying each other, I have learned from in this very forum. Almost every one of you.  There are a few who ONLY say unfortunate things, these have little value far as I am concerned except to those who like this kinda thing.  The rest of you definitely have value to me, even when you get insultive and petty for the sake of same.  Too bad that...

 

I don't get reactive or bothered or feel the need to react simply because I accept this is a part of forums.  It is sad, but ever-present. Acceptance leads to acquiescence, acquiescence to peace.  And this leads to lots more enjoyment and learning.

 

Booze the Monk of Peace

 

I find the bluster and blather amusing in and of itself.  What if, instead of being a wise leader with extraordinary abilities, Prof. Xavier was merely just a guy in a wheelchair with a vivid imagination and an inflated sense of importance?  Draw any parallels that seem apt.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 10 June 2019 - 04:28 AM.


White_Widow18 #39 Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:58 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12665 battles
  • 2,575
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
One full weekend of grinding for it at -my- rate to get this via hard grinding.

Won't lie.. that is a big investment of time. The only caveat is if you don't have the time, you can spend the money.

Going to now join the club and see how it is.

hoom #40 Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:18 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10573 battles
  • 2,118
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Block Quote

 I had a bot XP-58 completely avoid my shells for 5 seconds by flying with the planform perpendicular to the horizon.  I had to quarter-roll to match.  This particular thing has happened to me while playing the 109Z, and it's always weird.

Thats a pretty standard thing for wing-mounted weapons: try to align wings to max firepower unless they're showing a bunch of planform.

 

So how's this thing holding up now that ppl have a bit more time with it?

 

I've run into a couple of very prickly player piloted ones ingame (few if any bots?), can be real hard to deal with in a regular ~20mm armed plane if you don't catch them distracted.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.





Also tagged with fighter, horten 229

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users