Diamond Elite Bomber's Club

Elite Bombers Club

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Perco_lator #21 Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:53 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 08 June 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

They created bombers to be part of this game, but I suspect they just wanted more large and slower moving targets for the armed to the brim planes types to shoot down.

WG added bombers so the less skilled gamer would have something to do other than get owned in dogfights or play the other windowlicker class GA's.

Prenzlau #22 Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11095 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 08 June 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

ROFLMAO.

Did not realize you would take my comment personal and as derogatory.

I spent too much time in the ARMY and dealt with too many people that did not deserve their rank or title.

I see no reason why anyone could not make a " Club for Elitist " that is only open to a select few.

Based on certain criteria.

Doesn't matter if its quantity, quality or whatever.

If you didn't like MARS response then you should have just ignored it.

As for Community Aces. They were defunct when 1.5 started.

Now it is just a label we earned. While I have tried not to troll recently, its is hard when you are human.

Mars is attempting to make a case that simply playing many battles in a bomber equates to a large number of Doolittle's and Lang's. That would also be like saying a large number of battles in a fighter equates to a large number of Ace Awards. It does not. Doolittle's and Lang's are awards for skill as it pertains to bombing. It amazes me that some players do not even know what these awards are or what it takes to acquire them. 

The club is the joke, even if some people cannot "get the joke". It is a club of one, and that is the joke. In about 60 more Lang's Zigfreid will be in the club, but it might be a while before anyone else qualifies. As usual anything I say or do is exacerbated. There is no Diamond Elite Bomber Club, but maybe there should be. 

Finally I do not recall anything you have wrote that I took as derogatory. Please don't become an apologist for Mars, he should become his own apologist and that is long overdue. So what you are saying then is the whole Community Ace tag on certain player's lapels are nothing more than plastic badges that one might find at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box? Lovely.

Thanks for your sentiments.

Prenzlau

Prenzlau #23 Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11095 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPerco_lator, on 08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

WG added bombers so the less skilled gamer would have something to do other than get owned in dogfights or play the other windowlicker class GA's.

Seriously, and I keep secretly rooting for you and you keep disappointing. You wound me.

If any of you "experts" think flying bombers is easy, achieving the high standards that I have and others, is easy, then have at it. Get your little know it all ***'* up in the bomber cockpit and show me how it is done. Show us all how easy it is. Show the entire community that flying bombers is for the less skilled gamer? I know it is the opposite. Anyone can fly any type of plane, and it takes skill in each plane type, including bombers to be successful. 

I really think a lot of the pre-2.0 players resent bombers because the introduction of bombers pretty much ended the 1.9 game. So the bitterness still manifests.

Are you sure you want to keep disappointing me? 

Prenzlau

Perco_lator #24 Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 08 June 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Seriously, and I keep secretly rooting for you and you keep disappointing. You wound me.

If any of you "experts" think flying bombers is easy, achieving the high standards that I have and others, is easy, then have at it. Get your little know it all ***'* up in the bomber cockpit and show me how it is done. Show us all how easy it is. Show the entire community that flying bombers is for the less skilled gamer? I know it is the opposite. Anyone can fly any type of plane, and it takes skill in each plane type, including bombers to be successful. 

I really think a lot of the pre-2.0 players resent bombers because the introduction of bombers pretty much ended the 1.9 game. So the bitterness still manifests.

Prenzlau

Woah don't get all emo, I was just basically repeating what the Russian guy on the video said.

Bobby_Tables #25 Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7876 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Speaking of disappointment, I keep opening this thread because the title sounds like a Strip/Fetish club name.  

Prenzlau #26 Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11095 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBobby_Tables, on 08 June 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

Speaking of disappointment, I keep opening this thread because the title sounds like a Strip/Fetish club name.  

Well you still "have it", and still can create a laugh. +1

Prenzlau

losttwo #27 Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:21 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5392 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I am certainly not apologizing for Mars. He is a big kid and can fight his own battles he creates.

I do agree with you that Lang and Doolittle ( should be renamed Didmore ) are high rated medals.

The rarity of the achievements are also based on quantity of particular planes and circumstances.

You do have to learn how to fly bombers effectively to achieve them. Which means one has to spend a lot of time behind the stick.

I seriously doubt anyone with 100 hours in a bomber could do it on purpose.

More so when you have a good team that keeps sectors captured.

Like I stated earlier, joke or not, it's a good idea.

What I did not mention, since others did is.

Gives people a goal to strive for, to try and improve and get good.

Even if it is on paper.

It also gives the non-bomber pilots a list of people to go to to learn how to bomb effectively.

As for Mars, well ..we all troll sometimes.

losttwo #28 Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:24 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5392 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPerco_lator, on 08 June 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

Then tell WG to stop with the 98% ground target missions for Daily tokens.

Tired of being forced into bombers, GA and heavies with ordnance.,

Was hoping I would never have to fly bombers but WG made that impossible.

Since I have to fly them I might as well lick a clean window.

:trollface:

losttwo #29 Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:30 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5392 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBobby_Tables, on 08 June 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

There use to be a club on Beach Blvd in Jacksonville Fl.

Tuesday nights was male stripper night for the ladies

Thursday nights was female strippers for the men.

Friday, Saturday was Country Western music and dancing.

If memory serves me it was called Pappa's.

Tuesday was always good to go and guaranteed not to bomb out with the ladies.

Can I post all the Lang and Doolittle medals from back then. :teethhappy:

Stygian_Alchemist #30 Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 11048 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPrenzlau, on 08 June 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Prenzlau

I need to get my ice skates out.. hades must have frozen over because I don't disagree with something you've said.

Edited by White_Widow18, 09 June 2019 - 12:06 AM.

losttwo #31 Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:29 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5392 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
is today Thursday ? :popcorn:

Stygian_Alchemist #32 Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11048 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 08 June 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

is today Thursday ? :popcorn:

I was going to ask if it was Sunday already since all the geriatrics *pointed look* who shouldn't be out flying seem to be out.

Booze_Morgan #33 Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 577 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostPrenzlau, on 08 June 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Prenzlau

Ummmmmm, NO.  As I recall, we were demanding it, had been for a long time.  WG was given multiple ways and scenarios for introducing them into the game, WG didn't agree.  I would think most of us are glad to see them as we wanted them.  I know I am.

Booze 

Spoiler

Stygian_Alchemist #34 Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11048 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 08 June 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

Ummmmmm, NO.  As I recall, we were demanding it, had been for a long time.  WG was given multiple ways and scenarios for introducing them into the game, WG didn't agree.  I would think most of us are glad to see them as we wanted them.  I know I am.

Booze 

Your two views are not numerically mutually exclusive.. technically a lot of pre-2.0 players can be salty about it and most can still be for the bombers.

Booze_Morgan #35 Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 577 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 08 June 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

Your two views are not numerically mutually exclusive.. technically a lot of pre-2.0 players can be salty about it and most can still be for the bombers.

Since there are not enough pre 2.0 folks as compared to say like, 1.4 to 1.9 folks left, guess it is hard to say if a "most" is involved either way.  I was there from 1.4 and onward and know the outcry was there for bombers.  Bombers ain't making us salty, gal.

Booze

Edited by Booze_Morgan, 09 June 2019 - 02:24 AM.

Spoiler

Stygian_Alchemist #36 Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11048 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 08 June 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

Since there are not enough pre 2.0 folks as compared to say like, 1.4 to 1.9 folks left, guess it is hard to say if a "most" is involved either way.  I was there from 1.4 and onward and know the outcry was there for bombers.  Bombers ain't making us salty, gal.

Booze

Not all of you.

I've run into a good number however who swear at me and say only noobs fly bombers, etc.

Prenzlau #37 Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11095 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 08 June 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

I need to get my ice skates out.. hades must have frozen over because I don't disagree with something you've said.

You should be ready to join my Diamond Elite Bomber Club in 2024 if you keep playing this game.

I'll save a spot for you.

Prenzlau

Stygian_Alchemist #38 Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11048 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I'd only have to fly my bomber 3x as I much as have. Which would put me at less games than you with a higher Doolittle count assuming the same rate of attrition I've had so far... I'd count on that rate going up though, personally. We'll see.. but I'm betting on an equivalent # of bomber matches flown to acquire that many doolittles.

:)

Congrats on the accumulation though, it's a good grinding milestone.

Edited by White_Widow18, 09 June 2019 - 06:39 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #39 Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:15 AM

Captain

• 23301 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 08 June 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Booze

I find this confusing.  Aren't pre 2.0 and 1,4 to 1.9 the same thing?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Booze_Morgan #40 Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 577 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 08 June 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

Not all of you.

I've run into a good number however who swear at me and say only noobs fly bombers, etc.

And not all of those are pre 2.0 pilots.  I have a little diff outlook on why you get swore at, hun. :trollface:

BTW, I disagree with the only noobs opinion.  Bombers, flown successfully, require their own set of skills.

Booze

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users