Update 2.0.13

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Developer
  • 0 battles

On June 5 from 23:00 PT / June 6 02:00 ET till June 6 03:00 PT / 06:00 ET the servers will undergo maintenance to deploy the 2.0.13 update.

Full news text

Spoiler

Edited by blindfoId, 05 June 2019 - 12:59 PM.

trikke #2 Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

Captain

• 3409 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Updated the bots' control system via the chat shortcuts (keys F2, F3, F4, and F7).
  • Each player can control only one bot at a time. The bot will execute orders until one of the three following events occurs: it is destroyed; the aircraft that the bot is attacking or defending is destroyed; the sector that is the target of the bot's attack or defense passes into the hands of another team.
  •  
  • After the player uses the chat shortcut, the order will be assigned to the bot that is closest to the team's target and piloting a suitable aircraft. Bots that are already executing any other player’s order will ignore the new order. If there is not a single suitable free bot, the order will be declined. If the bot is attacked on the way to its target, it can join the battle to defend itself, and this will postpone the order's execution.
  •  
  • Upon pressing the F2 key, a player sends one suitable bot to the selected sector (when attacking) or calls it to assist with defending the sector (a player must be in that sector). The bot goes there and starts attacking the targets corresponding to the target's aircraft type. The territory type affects the bot's choice, for example, fighters are not involved in attacking plants, and attack aircraft and bombers will not provide support when defending sectors.
  •  
  • Upon pressing the F3 key, a player calls a bot that will become a Flight member and provide support for this player. The choice of the bot depends on what the player is currently engaged in — the attack aircraft type can provide support when attacking sectors; outside these sectors, a player can order fighters to provide cover.
  •  
  • Upon pressing the F4 key, a player can order a bot that is piloting an attack aircraft type to engage a selected enemy aircraft or to defend a selected allied aerial target. In addition, you can order the bot to defend the allied Attack Flight.
  •  
  • Upon pressing the F7 key ("Clear my Tail!"), a player can order a bot that is piloting a fighter aircraft type to attack all aerial targets threatening the player.

well, this is big

Edited by trikke, 05 June 2019 - 01:02 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Stygian_Alchemist #3 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10094 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 05 June 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

• Updated the bots' control system via the chat shortcuts (keys F2, F3, F4, and F7).
  • Each player can control only one bot at a time. The bot will execute orders until one of the three following events occurs: it is destroyed; the aircraft that the bot is attacking or defending is destroyed; the sector that is the target of the bot's attack or defense passes into the hands of another team.
  • After the player uses the chat shortcut, the order will be assigned to the bot that is closest to the team's target and piloting a suitable aircraft. Bots that are already executing any other player’s order will ignore the new order. If there is not a single suitable free bot, the order will be declined. If the bot is attacked on the way to its target, it can join the battle to defend itself, and this will postpone the order's execution.
  • Upon pressing the F2 key, a player sends one suitable bot to the selected sector (when attacking) or calls it to assist with defending the sector (a player must be in that sector). The bot goes there and starts attacking the targets corresponding to the target's aircraft type. The territory type affects the bot's choice, for example, fighters are not involved in attacking plants, and attack aircraft and bombers will not provide support when defending sectors.
  • Upon pressing the F3 key, a player calls a bot that will become a Flight member and provide support for this player. The choice of the bot depends on what the player is currently engaged in — the attack aircraft type can provide support when attacking sectors; outside these sectors, a player can order fighters to provide cover.
  • Upon pressing the F4 key, a player can order a bot that is piloting an attack aircraft type to engage a selected enemy aircraft or to defend a selected allied aerial target. In addition, you can order the bot to defend the allied Attack Flight.
  • Upon pressing the F7 key ("Clear my Tail!"), a player can order a bot that is piloting a fighter aircraft type to attack all aerial targets threatening the player.

well, this is big

This was on my wishlist/something I've lobbied for.

This pleases me immensely.

trikke #4 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

Captain

• 3409 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

that is a ton of new code.       I personally wouldn't expect much from this, until it's been battle tested for a while

and that means i'm out of a job, since i'm rarely more effective than a bot

i wonder if we'll be able to tell if a particular bot is already under the control of a human...  maybe a different color marker? 

Stygian_Alchemist #5 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10094 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 05 June 2019 - 07:10 AM, said:

that is a ton of new code.       I personally wouldn't expect much from this, until it's been battle tested for a while

and that means i'm out of a job, since i'm rarely more effective than a bot

i wonder if we'll be able to tell if a particular bot is already under the control of a human...  maybe a different color marker? 

It's really not any new code in terms of the bot behaviors I'd -guess-. I'm betting its just overriding their normal aggro tables and allowing a player to set their aggro table/focus. Not an insignifcant amount of code.. but not a -huge- amount of change from the current derp-bots.. except we can now direct which way they derp off in. I expect a bunch of people to melt down because this "TAKES AWAY FROM THE PURIST FLYING" and makes them manage a "pet" basically, but myself.. I'm thrilled and can't wait to see how it continues to develop out.

I also expect at least a few people to use this to throw games/be annoying by dragging bots to pointless places.

trikke #6 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

Captain

• 3409 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

this will be helpful for GAs and bombers, in particular

flights will be essentially 4 plane flights

pirat262 #7 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11272 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Cool bots under my command just great more fun :)

Edited by pirat262, 05 June 2019 - 01:42 PM.

losttwo #8 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:44 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4469 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Just friggin great.

Now i have to bind new keys and learn more keys.

Can i get another set of fingers added to my right hand.

Gonna have to go search for a special programmable key pad now.

Stygian_Alchemist #9 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10094 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I'm tempted to see if I can get voice commands to work for specifically using the bot commands. 

trikke #10 Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:04 PM

Captain

• 3409 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postlosttwo, on 05 June 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

Just friggin great.

this is coming from the same thinktank that told us that dumping ordinance to increase agility was too complex for new folks to learn...

nwlxn12 #11 Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

I don't have a magic answer on how WG can make this game bot free, but this change just confirms to me that bots are forever here to stay.  I guess I should thank them on making them better in this game that was never supposed to have them in the first place.

Maybe WG can make bot clans too so we can have clan battles.  Don't laugh!

SkyWolf__WM #12 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:06 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8157 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postnwlxn12, on 05 June 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

I don't have a magic answer on how WG can make this game bot free, but this change just confirms to me that bots are forever here to stay.  I guess I should thank them on making them better in this game that was never supposed to have them in the first place.

Maybe WG can make bot clans too so we can have clan battles.  Don't laugh!

I'm not laughing. I'm :facepalm:instead.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Silvin #13 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1880 battles
  • [SF] SF

Oh my!

Daily goodies...

Tier 10 bombers...

Bot control...

Awesome work Persha (and I rarely say that). There is hope for this game after all.

My tier 10 vehicles

WoT (13): E 100, Jagdpanzer E 100, E 50 M, G.W. E 100, Object 140, IS-7, Batignolles-Châtillon 25 t, AMX 50 B, AMX 50 Foch B, AMX 50 Foch (155), AMX 13 105, T57, T110E5

WoWP (11): F-86A, XF-90, F7U, IL-40P, Yak-30, Su-10, Me 262 III, Me P.1102 B, Me P.1101, EF 131, Swift

WoWS (17): Montana, Des Moines, Worcester, Salem, Gearing, Midway, Yamato, Hakuryu, Shimakaze, Zao, Minotaur, Großer Kurfürst, Hindenburg, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi, République, Henri IV

_Bruiser_ #14 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5498 battles
the forum will be fun this weekend........so many complaints about being chat banned for spamming the f keys, should be fun

Bulcsu #15 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 23 battles
So, let's say I press F3 to flight up with a multirole, press F4 to order an attack aircraft to attack an enemy, and press F7 to get a fighter to clear my tail... can I effectively send 3 bots to kill anyone who attacks me?

beaver_cleaver #16 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 20 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Postlosttwo, on 05 June 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Just friggin great.

Gonna have to go search for a special programmable key pad now.

This just adds to the list of reasons to leave the game. Pilot skill has nothing to do with it any longer. Arcade game where whoever can automate the most functions wins. WoWP has become adept at separating players from their cash - not much more. I usually try a couple of flights after each update - just to see if it's gotten any better - I'm going to skip this go around.

losttwo #17 Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:10 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4469 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Internet Ad.

Am seeking Bot to fly plane for me during the summer.

Must be willing to answer function keys with a desire to win.

Job opportunity may extend past summer depending on stat increase.

Contact losttwo@ wowpforum.com

Please no humans need apply

Cardinal604 #18 Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6576 battles

Daily Bonuses are looking good...

Can you tell us what premium planes will be possible from the 7 day crate thingy ?

Stygian_Alchemist #19 Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10094 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postbeaver_cleaver, on 05 June 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

This just adds to the list of reasons to leave the game. Pilot skill has nothing to do with it any longer. Arcade game where whoever can automate the most functions wins. WoWP has become adept at separating players from their cash - not much more. I usually try a couple of flights after each update - just to see if it's gotten any better - I'm going to skip this go around.

mnbv_fockewulfe #20 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:13 PM

Captain

• 601 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

yay, they re-implemented the bot commands feature.

yahoo it only took them almost two years :P

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 05 June 2019 - 10:16 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users