_A_3_ #21 Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

CorvusCorvax #22 Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:45 AM

Captain

• 4237 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

With the advent of bots, I just plain stopped looking at stats, because they became meaningless.  With respawn, they became even less meaningful, because the respawn mechanic changes how one plays the game.  If there is only minor consequence for getting shot down, it leads to different choices.

The only meaningful stat is the one that isn't published - number of battles started by all (non-bot) players/[fixed time interval].  Any of the other stats can be manipulated, legally, within the game parameters.

losttwo #23 Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:27 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5397 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

While I agree overall that stats are irrelevant in a game where some matches are nothing bot buts.

It is a good way for an individual to measure their own progress.

On a personal level I prefer flying my matches with no respawn.

Sort of like how Sheldon knocks 3 times on doors in the Big Bang Theory

* knock, knock,knock * " Penny " * knock,knock,knock* " Penny " * knock,knock,knock " Penny "

I sort of am the same way about surviving the entire match.

It would be nice if WG could add in the figure, either a whole number or Percentage number, as they did in Pre- 2.0

If my math is correct then this is how the new stat could work.

Spoiler

_Panzerkunst_ #24 Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5758 battles

The stat I look at is " Average aircraft destroyed per sortie". 4 seems to be average, 3/2/1 below average. 5 is good, 6 is great, 7 exceptional, & 8 is expert level. It either means the player doesn't die or shoots down an insane amount of planes. For an avg of 10 per sortie, you can survive the entire battle and shoot down 10 planes or die 2 times (3 total sorties) and shoot down 30 planes.  It doesn't really matter how much you die if you are shooting down planes at a high rate.

It's not like in WOT where you can see your Light tanks only survive 25% & Heavies 35%. I try to have all my planes avg at least 4 kills per sortie. If I'm below that then I know I have some work to do. <o

"If You Want Peace, Prepare For War."

losttwo #25 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:38 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5397 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Post_Panzerkunst_, on 04 June 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

The stat I look at is " Average aircraft destroyed per sortie". 4 seems to be average, 3/2/1 below average. 5 is good, 6 is great, 7 exceptional, & 8 is expert level. It either means the player doesn't die or shoots down an insane amount of planes. For an avg of 10 per sortie, you can survive the entire battle and shoot down 10 planes or die 2 times (3 total sorties) and shoot down 30 planes.  It doesn't really matter how much you die if you are shooting down planes at a high rate.

It's not like in WOT where you can see your Light tanks only survive 25% & Heavies 35%. I try to have all my planes avg at least 4 kills per sortie. If I'm below that then I know I have some work to do. <o

While that is true. We all have our little quirks.

For me it is survival or 1 single sortie per match. It was my favorite stat of how i measured my improvement in Pre 2.0

Respawn seems to be a crippling  crutch  for many.

Then Average aircraft per sortie of which my goal is 17

Mercsn #26 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:28 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postegikov, on 03 June 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

So, according to you on 86/34 = 2.52 deaths per battle average. At that means you don't survive at all...

He very well may have survived. You don't have that information.  Just how many times he respawned.  It's possible to respawn 4 or 5 times in one match.  That would be 4 or 5 sorties in 1 match.  It's also possible to live through a match.  That would be 1 sortie per match.

@losttwo  survival simply isn't figurable (just like we lost w/l ratio per plane, also from stats).  I have many matches where I survive the whole thing.  Then I'll have several matches were bots are headhunting me hardcore and I die and respawn several times in a match.  It would look like:  Starts 10.  Sorties 30.  It looks like I didn't survive because my sortie to match ratio is 3 to 1 (I respawned/died and average of 3 times per match).  But, in actuality, I survived entirely (never died or respawned) in 3 of those matches. 

So, the new math is: Starts 7, Sorties 27 (subtract out the 3 matches of the 10 that I didn't die).  So, my survival rate is 30% and starts/sorties are irrelevant to calculating the survival rate.  That's because (in this example) I kept track of how many matches I lived through, there's no stat that tells you that anymore.

The short answer is that you may have lived through one or more of those 34 matches, but there's no stat for it.  So, you cannot figure your survival rate.  You could figure your average deaths per game, but that's not the same thing and doesn't tell you what you want to know. 

I'm guessing you're trying to figure which planes you statistically do well in.  The best things to look at are "average sortie duration" and "xp per sortie".  The plane that has the highest of those two stats will be the one that you are, on average, living the longest in and doing the most between respawns. However, THAT still doesn't take into account the fact that it's entirely possible to score 16,000 points and lose the match.  So, it's quite possible that you can do very will in an aircraft and not actually friggin WIN with the thing.  So, at that point, you'd have to decide if winning or doing well is more enjoyable to you.

If winning is what you are trying to do (say, because a mission requires "only counts if you win"), then you are out of luck.  The only way to know what you are more winning in is to take a guess at what planes you win most in.  Incidentally, although this usually should correlate to the xp per sortie and sortie duration stats, it may very well be that you win in planes that you don't particularly do well in (say, because you did better than a bot would in that aircraft type-slot and it's an uncommon slot for a player to use and you had a human teammate or two in the more common types). 

To further complicate things, you may win in planes that you don't actually enjoy playing on because they are useful on certain maps or fit the meta (aka, you win on a Spitfire...because it's a Spitfire in World of Spitfires -note that recently released stats by WG confirm it's the most used "meta" plane at tiers 6 and 8). 

Why do they make it so difficult/impossible to find out what planes you do well with?  Why was w/r per plane removed?  Why was survival rate removed? (Yes some people do survive matches, even with respawns -especially those nasty tier 6, three sector instant supremacy wins.  GG carry bots!).

#RussianLogic  #LadyManager  #StupidDecisions

Edited by Mercsn, 05 June 2019 - 03:39 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Stygian_Alchemist #27 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11064 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostMercsn, on 04 June 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

If winning is what you are trying to do (say, because a mission requires "only counts if you win"), then you are out of luck.  The only way to know what you are more winning in is to take a guess at what planes you win most in. 

*looks at the clan page and the listings that show specific plane win rates*

K.

Sure.

Mercsn #28 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:45 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 04 June 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

While that is true. We all have our little quirks.

For me it is survival or 1 single sortie per match. It was my favorite stat of how i measured my improvement in Pre 2.0

Respawn seems to be a crippling  crutch  for many.

Then Average aircraft per sortie of which my goal is 17

Respawning (aka "ditching") in a wounded bird, before squall blocks respawns, so that you can have a fresh aircraft after squall is a viablle tactic. Killing yourself (reducing your unkown survival rate, reducing your xp per sortie, and increasing your sorties per start can actually help you achieve victory.  Sad, but true.

Mercsn #29 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:46 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 04 June 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

*looks at the clan page and the listings that show specific plane win rates*

K.

Sure.

I have never heard of a clan page, nor has such information been available in the past, nor is it available in the game client.  If you were trying to be helpful, instead of being a smarty-pants, you would have posted a link.  Thanks for your useful contribution.  A for effort, F for execution.

Edited by Mercsn, 05 June 2019 - 03:47 AM.

Stygian_Alchemist #30 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11064 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I was not trying to be helpful toward -you- in any manner and to my knowledge losttwo already knows about the clan page and win-rates. It's been addressed in dozens of posts across multiple threads. :)

It's been available the entire time I've played by the way.. so I can only assume that you must not keep up with the game, at all.

Edited by White_Widow18, 05 June 2019 - 03:51 AM.

Mercsn #31 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:04 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 04 June 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

I was not trying to be helpful toward -you- in any manner and to my knowledge losttwo already knows about the clan page and win-rates. It's been addressed in dozens of posts across multiple threads. :)
It's been available the entire time I've played by the way.. so I can only assume that you must not keep up with the game, at all.

You'd be correct in that assumption.  The poor design and execution usually wears on me enough that I quit for months at a time.  I played at 2.0 and left, the most recent time, before you started playing.  But, it's good to hear that you know that losttwo knows about that page, especially since you still didn't provide him a link (you know, just in case he or one of the the 5 other people playing the game, that aren't me, could've used it to check their stats).  

The fact that you are unwilling to help others who may happen across this thread simply because you don't also, inadvertently want to help me, is just really shallow, sad, and says a lot about your character.  Enjoy that Karma, dude!

Edited by Mercsn, 05 June 2019 - 04:05 AM.

Stygian_Alchemist #32 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11064 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostMercsn, on 04 June 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

You'd be correct in that assumption.  The poor design and execution usually wears on me enough that I quit for months at a time.  I played at 2.0 and left, the most recent time, before you started playing.  But, it's good to hear that you know that losttwo knows about that page, especially since you still didn't provide him a link (you know, just in case he or one of the the 5 other people playing the game, that aren't me, could've used it to check their stats).  

The fact that you are unwilling to help others who may happen across this thread simply because you don't also, inadvertently want to help me, is just really shallow, sad, and says a lot about your character.  Enjoy that Karma, dude!

I seem to have helped everyone else just fine. I'm certain everyone else is quite capable of navigating to and around the clan page and using the search function on the forums for the many times its been spoken about.

:) 

You're just flailing here and its kinda funny.

:popcorn:

Edited by White_Widow18, 05 June 2019 - 04:11 AM.

Perco_lator #33 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 05 June 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

I seem to have helped everyone else just fine. I'm certain everyone else is quite capable of navigating to and around the clan page and using the search function on the forums for the many times its been spoken about.

:) 

You're just flailing here and its kinda funny.

:popcorn:

Except for the people that are not in a clan.

I am curious to know how w/r per plane is calculated when you respawn in a different plane. Does each plane flown in a single game accrue a win or loss?

Stygian_Alchemist #34 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11064 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPerco_lator, on 04 June 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

Except for the people that are not in a clan.

I am curious to know how w/r per plane is calculated when you respawn in a different plane. Does each plane flown in a single game accrue a win or loss?

It still all works basically the same even without being in a clan. You can still get to the clan page and still search for yourself and find the same information as if you -were- in a clan. I'm not entirely certain how it handles that particular parameter actually (multiple planes flown in the same match.) BF may be able to illuminate that portion? I don't fly multiple planes in the same match much (I think I can count the times I have one one hand) so its not been a thought to cross my mind.

Perco_lator #35 Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 05 June 2019 - 12:51 AM, said:

It still all works basically the same even without being in a clan. You can still get to the clan page and still search for yourself and find the same information as if you -were- in a clan. I'm not entirely certain how it handles that particular parameter actually (multiple planes flown in the same match.) BF may be able to illuminate that portion? I don't fly multiple planes in the same match much (I think I can count the times I have one one hand) so its not been a thought to cross my mind.

On the clan page you can only access clan/player statistics for people that are in a clan. If you are not in a clan you can't access your own statistics on the clan page.

Mercsn #36 Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:09 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPerco_lator, on 04 June 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

On the clan page you can only access clan/player statistics for people that are in a clan. If you are not in a clan you can't access your own statistics on the clan page.

Interesting info.  Thanks for sharing.  It kinda brings me back to my question about why would they remove it from the game client, where it used to be, if they're going to make it available somewhere else (but only for certain players).

#RussianLogic 

losttwo #37 Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:40 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5397 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Interesting. Clan page ?

Just went into My clan page and looked.

All this time I did not even know it was there,

Tier 4: I-16(late) 34 battles 58% win rate.

So, I have won 20 battles out of 34

Wonder how many were me and how many were bots ?

Oh yeah that's right 58% were won by me cause I'm an arrogant [edited]

with a winning attitude that has to carry the bot teams.

Plus i get the good BOT moral booster algorithm added to most of my matches

to make them better than yours.

and by actually counting each individual I-16(late) replay

The bots have won 6 of those for me.

:hiding:

Time to clean out my old 500 GB storage drive.

Stygian_Alchemist #38 Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11064 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPerco_lator, on 04 June 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Had a friend who is unclanned. Checked. Works just fine for them. Has any time I've been unclanned as well. I'm guessing the fact that you have 11 games is why it doesn't function. *shrug*

Stygian_Alchemist #39 Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11064 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 05 June 2019 - 02:40 AM, said:

Interesting. Clan page ?

Just went into My clan page and looked.

All this time I did not even know it was there,

Tier 4: I-16(late) 34 battles 58% win rate.

So, I have won 20 battles out of 34

Wonder how many were me and how many were bots ?

Oh yeah that's right 58% were won by me cause I'm an arrogant [edited]

with a winning attitude that has to carry the bot teams.

Plus i get the good BOT moral booster algorithm added to most of my matches

to make them better than yours.

and by actually counting each individual I-16(late) replay

The bots have won 6 of those for me.

:hiding:

Time to clean out my old 500 GB storage drive.

Hmm. Could have sworn you'd been in the threads discussing it. Either way, glad I was of small aid to You. 

losttwo #40 Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5397 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 05 June 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

Hmm. Could have sworn you'd been in the threads discussing it. Either way, glad I was of small aid to You. 

I have never bothered clicking on my name in the " hall of fame " style page.

Too bad the " hall of fame " doesn't do that too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users