Operational Orders - gone if they expire?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

dragon2928 #1 Posted 02 June 2019 - 05:04 PM

Senior Airman

• 1971 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
During the most recent event I was excited to receive an op ord for a T9 bomber.  I don't normally play bombers, but was excited to try it out and get my first T9 plane.  I dove right into those missions and managed to knock both of them out at a pretty good clip; 1-2 battles per mission.  

Some where in the 20-something'ish mssion I came across one that appears to have been effectively impossible.  "Destroy 8 light fighters from the enemy combat group in a single battle, while winning the battle".  Ok, whatever... I'll spend some tokens.  But I'm out of tokens... ok, time to farm some daily missions.   
The daily missions were proving to take longer than expected, so I let the op ord lapse.  My plan was to farm some tokens, maybe take a break for a little while, and reactivate the mission with tokens later.  Today I log in to find that there is no record of that op ord mission anywhere in my list.  

Once expired, are these just gone forever?  I spent a fair amount of effort getting pretty far into it, and to have it vanish because I don't play 24-7 is really disappointing.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 02 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5414 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Who cares, the planes will be released to obtain through the regular tech tree.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:18 PM

Captain

• 1044 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 June 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

wow... what a mean thing to say

my grandmother said:

"if you got nothing nice to say...

shut up or I'll knock that smugness off your face"

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

losttwo #4 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:32 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3955 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yes they will expire.

I was working on one from the last event.

Every 24 hours I could spend 2 tickets to extend it.

Missed a day and poof it was gone.

This event I did not even try any of them since they will be available soon.

Plus was tired of grinding for tickets/tokens.

Zigfreid #5 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14907 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 June 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Welcome dragon 2928 have you met our Community A??  :D

SkyWolf__WM #6 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:04 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7399 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
They can be reactivated with tokens but as others have said, it isn't worth the tokens or the grinding.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Stygian_Alchemist #7 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9227 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
The possible length of the operation orders was determined by the length of the event, which is why the orders have disappeared. They were not completed within the timeline of the event. That gave roughly a month to complete the op-ords in if you got them in quick order at the beginning to bypass the XP grind (because that's the reward of the op-ord + a little bit of early access for these bombers).

I had that happen with my very first op-ord many moons ago as well and was quite frustrated by it until I realized I hadn't quite understood the full parameters.

blindfoId #8 Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postdragon2928, on 02 June 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

During the most recent event I was excited to receive an op ord for a T9 bomber.  I don't normally play bombers, but was excited to try it out and get my first T9 plane.  I dove right into those missions and managed to knock both of them out at a pretty good clip; 1-2 battles per mission.  

Some where in the 20-something'ish mssion I came across one that appears to have been effectively impossible.  "Destroy 8 light fighters from the enemy combat group in a single battle, while winning the battle".  Ok, whatever... I'll spend some tokens.  But I'm out of tokens... ok, time to farm some daily missions.   
The daily missions were proving to take longer than expected, so I let the op ord lapse.  My plan was to farm some tokens, maybe take a break for a little while, and reactivate the mission with tokens later.  Today I log in to find that there is no record of that op ord mission anywhere in my list.  

Once expired, are these just gone forever?  I spent a fair amount of effort getting pretty far into it, and to have it vanish because I don't play 24-7 is really disappointing.

I'm sorry to hear it but Operation Orders indeed have a time limit. You were able to activate and prolong Op Orders from May 2 till May 26 and complete them till June 2 20:00 PDT / 23:00 EDT if they are prolonged till that time (it's a maximum time of prolongation). At that particular time all Op Orders were withdrawn from accounts as the event was over. 

dragon2928 #9 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:22 PM

Senior Airman

• 1971 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostblindfoId, on 03 June 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

I'm sorry to hear it but Operation Orders indeed have a time limit. You were able to activate and prolong Op Orders from May 2 till May 26 and complete them till June 2 20:00 PDT / 23:00 EDT if they are prolonged till that time (it's a maximum time of prolongation). At that particular time all Op Orders were withdrawn from accounts as the event was over. 

Well, that explains it.  Just my poor luck for getting that particular crate so close to the end.  But now I know; thanks for the replies!

Mercsn #10 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:50 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postdragon2928, on 03 June 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Well, that explains it.  Just my poor luck for getting that particular crate so close to the end.  But now I know; thanks for the replies!

As others have said, the planes will show up in the tech tree. you can get one just by playing the tree (or, conceivably, free-xp'ing your way to whichever one you want to try).

afaik, the Vampire mission is the only one with no expiration.  All others will have some time period that they need to be accomplished in.  And, ya.  The crates for this most recent even were crap.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

hoom #11 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7749 battles

Block Quote

I came across one that appears to have been effectively impossible.  "Destroy 8 light fighters from the enemy combat group in a single battle, while winning the battle".

That one is relatively easy among them.

For future attempts I suggest you check through the Mission list & count up the Tokens needed to skip ones that will be hard/impossible to get on-call & pretty much only bother to start the Op Order if you have enough Tokens already.

Be generous with your future-self about which ones you're going to skip, by the end of a grind you get real interested in spending some extra Tokens to not have to do that bastard of a mission & you don't want to be stuck with only 2-3 to go and not enough Tokens to skip something like an Efimov medal...

Edited by hoom, 05 June 2019 - 03:57 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users