Jump to content


Less Cheating from the Bots, Please


  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Mercsn #1 Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:43 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • 3,299
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

As titled.  Allowing computers to cheat vs humans is just not a good idea, in anything.

 

For those of us with limited game time, who work for a living (unlike lazy game developers) trying to complete a mission that requires "must win" and being foiled by cheating bots provides for a fairly terrible game experience. 

 

Remember the golden rule:  "Does this feature make the game better? If not, don't do it".  Cheating bots does not make the game better.


Edited by Mercsn, 01 June 2019 - 08:59 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

PoliticallyIncorrectName #2 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:00 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9459 battles
  • 130
  • Member since:
    03-21-2013
The only cheating is in a way of altitude - bots seems to absolute ignore their plane's limits. Kinda sucks getting oneshot by Yak-9U @8k ft because da blyat of good balance.

rDdWtSm.png

 


mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:04 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 616 battles
  • 3,490
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

The only cheating the bots do is they're server side control and aim.

Bots do not have special ammo and are not allowed to use pilot skills, equipment, or consumables. 


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 


 


Stygian_Alchemist #4 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:05 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11416 battles
  • 2,264
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

First; How, exactly, does a computer program written to behave exactly how it does.. "cheat"? That's a question I've been wondering for a while. Second, I have yet to find anything the bots do that I cannot reproduce as a human player.


Creepy accuracy with long range cannons? Check
Ability to bee-line across a map after the same target repeatedly? Check
Almost-infinite boost by feathering it? Check
Almost infinite cool-down cycle from weapons by firing in bursts? Check
Responding to the actions of the pursuing aircraft in real-time by observing them while flying? (that "look back" camera is surprisingly useful folks) Check
Not appearing on the minimap until they're on top of you? *pats her camo and NRE* Check.
Breaking off before the damage from a turret is serious enough to keep you from just waiting a second or two and running right back in and ripping up the target? Check.
Going well above altitude "limit"? Check (I regularly go a couple thousand feet into the red on several planes. By managing speed and boost.)

That's all the accusations of the bots "cheating" that I have heard and all of them are able to be reproduced  by a human player of decent skill.

To add: The bots do have some behaviors I find -exceedingly annoying- and I do think -some- changes need to be made.. but I have never observed one to actually cheat.


Edited by White_Widow18, 01 June 2019 - 09:08 PM.


Bulcsu #5 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:14 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 23 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Just please stop crashing in caps, bot teammates.

losttwo #6 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:36 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,986
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostMercsn, on 01 June 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

As titled.  Allowing computers to cheat vs humans is just not a good idea, in anything.

 

For those of us with limited game time, who work for a living (unlike lazy game developers) trying to complete a mission that requires "must win" and being foiled by cheating bots provides for a fairly terrible game experience. 

 

Remember the golden rule:  "Does this feature make the game better? If not, don't do it".  Cheating bots does not make the game better.

 

Am I remembering correctly or am I wrong ?

You play in New Zealand ?

I do not think it has anything to do with bots cheating but everything to do with your lag and location.

Maybe, perhaps, I do not know.

Just a wild guess as I try to dig through my memory that has a lower win rate than my WOWP account.

 

As for bots cheating.

Never seen it nor experienced it.

Not that it isn't possible.

The stuff bots do now a day's.

From vacuuming my floor to flying over my house on a pre programmed flight path taking video.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if one bot has sold cheat codes to other bots to purchase black market lube.

Heck for a couple thousand dollars you can get one for sex, who needs a wife, am I right.

 

Like White Widow stated above and I would like to add. Check your play style. It might be you, your system or any number of things other than bots.



SkyWolf__WM #7 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:48 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9611 battles
  • 4,655
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 01 June 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

The only cheating the bots do is they're server side control and aim.

Bots do not have special ammo and are not allowed to use pilot skills, equipment, or consumables. 

 

This. :)
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


SkyWolf__WM #8 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9611 battles
  • 4,655
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 01 June 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

First; How, exactly, does a computer program written to behave exactly how it does.. "cheat"? That's a question I've been wondering for a while. Second, I have yet to find anything the bots do that I cannot reproduce as a human player.


Creepy accuracy with long range cannons? Check
Ability to bee-line across a map after the same target repeatedly? Check
Almost-infinite boost by feathering it? Check
Almost infinite cool-down cycle from weapons by firing in bursts? Check
Responding to the actions of the pursuing aircraft in real-time by observing them while flying? (that "look back" camera is surprisingly useful folks) Check
Not appearing on the minimap until they're on top of you? *pats her camo and NRE* Check.
Breaking off before the damage from a turret is serious enough to keep you from just waiting a second or two and running right back in and ripping up the target? Check.
Going well above altitude "limit"? Check (I regularly go a couple thousand feet into the red on several planes. By managing speed and boost.)

That's all the accusations of the bots "cheating" that I have heard and all of them are able to be reproduced  by a human player of decent skill.

To add: The bots do have some behaviors I find -exceedingly annoying- and I do think -some- changes need to be made.. but I have never observed one to actually cheat.

 

And THIS. :)
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #9 Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:36 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1220 battles
  • 4,779
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

I think bots be bots

that be dat

be shaky converse


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr #10 Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:47 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 983 battles
  • 50
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    06-10-2014

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 01 June 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

The only cheating the bots do is they're server side control and aim.

Bots do not have special ammo and are not allowed to use pilot skills, equipment, or consumables. 

 

Yeah they do. Right? You know when you die and you are waiting for a respawn and you decide to actually watch the plane (I think you press t) It shows that they have equipment and consumables mounted. Its just like looking at your own plane in battle I think

losttwo #11 Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:58 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,986
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
I am so glad all my bots cheat, I trained them well.

losttwo #12 Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:46 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,986
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

OK, OK, wthdude.

I decided to look at your game stats.

You win more than you lose, so who is cheating who ?

61.20% win rate and you are whining about losing a couple of matches.

 

Wait a minute...I just caught on to what you are doing with this post.

 

Your post must be SARCASM...can't believe I fell for it.



mad_dog_morgan #13 Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:56 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8214 battles
  • 62
  • [DAA] DAA
  • Member since:
    10-18-2017
you got bashed by the WG shills son give up these guys will take anyone down that has a go at there masters 

trikke #14 Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:15 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3633 battles
  • 3,493
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGreatBallsO_Fire_Jr, on 01 June 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

Yeah they do. Right? You know when you die and you are waiting for a respawn and you decide to actually watch the plane (I think you press t) It shows that they have equipment and consumables mounted. Its just like looking at your own plane in battle I think

 

i wonder if you watched long enough, and the bot pilot got critted...  would her/she press the medkit key?       would they press the boost cooldown?
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

losttwo #15 Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:08 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,986
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Posttrikke, on 03 June 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

 

i wonder if you watched long enough, and the bot pilot got critted...  would her/she press the medkit key?       would they press the boost cooldown?

 

I just want to watch a bot pilot shoot down a plane for once. All I ever see is them wiggle back and forth, shoot a little damage then pull off.

Good thing my mic is off or you would here " Oh come on you chicken sh-- M-F- shoot the dam plane "

Then again it could be because I have died after the squall and they receive a moral penalty.

Sort of like " well the humans dead so why should we bother "



Stygian_Alchemist #16 Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:26 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11416 battles
  • 2,264
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Postmad_dog_morgan, on 02 June 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

you got bashed by the WG shills son give up these guys will take anyone down that has a go at there masters 

 

Yep. You caught us. *eyeroll* 

I dunno what substance you use to create such interesting delusions, but please do not share with the class.

CorvusCorvax #17 Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:30 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 03 June 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

I just want to watch a bot pilot shoot down a plane for once. All I ever see is them wiggle back and forth, shoot a little damage then pull off.

Good thing my mic is off or you would here " Oh come on you chicken sh-- M-F- shoot the dam plane "

Agreed.

 

Funny, after the squall, the red bots all of a sudden have the ability to team up, and get great shots in, while the blue bots are flying in straight lines getting shot down by flak.  [facepalm]



GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr #18 Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:44 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 983 battles
  • 50
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    06-10-2014

View Posttrikke, on 03 June 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

 

i wonder if you watched long enough, and the bot pilot got critted...  would her/she press the medkit key?       would they press the boost cooldown?

 

I have after i died when the squall line hit. I have seen them use boost cool down before and fire extinguisher. I don't know about the med kit though.

 

Edit: I have only seen them use it once though


Edited by GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr, 03 June 2019 - 06:53 PM.


GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr #19 Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 983 battles
  • 50
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    06-10-2014

View Postlosttwo, on 03 June 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

 

I just want to watch a bot pilot shoot down a plane for once. All I ever see is them wiggle back and forth, shoot a little damage then pull off.

Good thing my mic is off or you would here " Oh come on you chicken sh-- M-F- shoot the dam plane "

Then again it could be because I have died after the squall and they receive a moral penalty.

Sort of like " well the humans dead so why should we bother "

 

Agree. I have watched them do that. Its so irritating sometimes.

GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr #20 Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:46 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 983 battles
  • 50
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    06-10-2014

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 03 June 2019 - 07:30 AM, said:

Agreed.

 

Funny, after the squall, the red bots all of a sudden have the ability to team up, and get great shots in, while the blue bots are flying in straight lines getting shot down by flak.  [facepalm]

 

I hate it when your flying out of and enemy sector and you know you're out of range from the AA but you still get hit out of nowhere.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users