Jump to content


How do you win a battle?

noob

  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #21 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:16 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7073 battles
  • 443
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 01 June 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

 

Relax.  It's a team game, even if the teams are mostly bots.  You can't expect to individually force a win.  Just contribute as well as you can and move on to the next one.  Win/loss will average out to about 50% eventually and you get XP either way. 

 

This sums it up, relax & try to enjoy the game for what it is....flying & dogfighting with different types of planes.:great:

But if you insist on looking to improve your win/ loss ratio, then get to know your plane and more importantly your opponents plane.

Every plane here on wowp all come with +'s and -'s, get to know them. Aka.. fly the plane for what it was intended to do in battle.

1.Fighters .....dogfight..period.  if your not dogfighting then your fighters will be at a disadvantage in battle. ( don't waste time trying to take out ground targets ):facepalm:

2.Multi's ....assist fighters & heavy's, attacking opponents, while hitting AA targets, with rockets and /or bombs. ( try to stay in and with a friendly supporting group ).:izmena:

3. Heavy's...Fly above the pack, take out bombers,& and heavy's,  then Zoom & Boom, fighters & any other low heavy's. ( never try to turn with a fighter or multi.):ohmy:

4. Ga's... stay low, ( lower the better ) & destroy anything & everything within your Bomb & Gunsight. Aka ..pick ( AA ground targets ) to support the fighters who are protecting your 6.):playing:

5. Bombers... fly high enought to be out of fighter range , but low enought to hit ground targets. Every bombers has a different optium bombing height, in their stats, ( find it.... & fly it.)

Get to know the enemy plane's weakness as well as his strength's.  This is very important, " knowing how to dogfight & how to survive the fight.":kamikaze:

Knowing your opponents aircraft stats, will help, with your decision, to select & engage the correct target.:coin:

 


Edited by cobra_marksman, 02 June 2019 - 08:23 PM.


trikke #22 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:37 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3465 battles
  • 3,350
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

when you enhance your equipment, accentuate the strengths of the plane        don't try to 'fix' deficiencies, only boost advantages        

 

for example, if a plane is prone to catch fire, but is a world class turner, choose to boost the agility and maybe just use a fire extinguisher pilot skill

 

if you try to fix deficiencies, you'll only end up with an average plane       make it a super-agile turner!

 

and carry a bucket of water in the cockpit


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

BB3_Oregon_Steel #23 Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:46 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1276 battles
  • 412
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

View Postlosttwo, on 01 June 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

 

The only time I ever have premium is when WG gives it to me.

I have only bought 3 premiums. The rest were gifted or earned.

It is a Free to Play game and i take it seriously.

Or maybe I am just that cheap.

 

 

Yeah I am just that cheap.

 

Well, I kind of went crazy during the March of nations event where most were offered at a 50% discount (tier V and lower) and picked up all the lower tier one's I didn't already have so I'm pretty well stocked insofar as that goes.  I don't know, I just like new shiny stuffs to play with and 1/2 off caught my attention. 

 

I also occasionally need to pick up a hangar slot so I'll spend real money on those and I used to buy aircraft as part of bundles containing Premium Time as I could use that time in any of WG three platforms but the move towards game specific premium time has pretty much put a halt to that. 

 

All the other stuffs, not so much.  I don't care if my plane has cool cammo and insigna's as long as it flies.  I mean if WG is going to give it to me for free, I'm down with that but, while my approach to this game doesn't exactly make it "free" to me, I do like to keep the costs down and will normally only pull the trigger if it looks like I'm getting a great deal on the planes themselves. 


Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 05 June 2019 - 04:59 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


Booze_Morgan #24 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 530 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View Postqu33kKC, on 02 June 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

 

best feeling in the world.  except for when it's a Spit.  Then it's better.

 

B&Z 4 Lyfe.

 

YEAH BABY!
Spoiler

 


losttwo #25 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:54 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5125 battles
  • 13,910
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

How do you win a battle ?

Same way Lori Laughlin gets her kid to pass the the SAT.

Pay someone to play the game for you. :trollface:



Auwingr #26 Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:58 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7000 battles
  • 84
  • [_G_D_] _G_D_
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostChuck_norris10, on 01 June 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

 

Your not alone.Best suggestion I can give you is to flight up with one of the vets.

I fly mainly solo so dont last long against flights and can bang off 5 or more losses before getting a win or even more but I usually dont play more then 5 after 5 losses because it just aint fun.How many times have you looked at the counter and thought you had it in 2 seconds only to see defeat splashed on the screen?

I have close to 20,000 battles in this game and used to live to play it and even bought a nice gamer to handle it.

Now......they took the fun factor out of it.

 

Ok, I came on tonight to see if I was the only one with a long string of losses. 

I've got to the point that if I lose 3 of 5 battles I quit. (been quitting a lot in the last few months). I understand RNG, but this is ridiculous. 

Ok, that's my beef and I'm out.


My status is "Senior Airman". Is that because I'm old? :sceptic:

Auwingr #27 Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:00 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7000 battles
  • 84
  • [_G_D_] _G_D_
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View Postcobra_marksman, on 02 June 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

 

This sums it up, relax & try to enjoy the game for what it is....flying & dogfighting with different types of planes.:great:

But if you insist on looking to improve your win/ loss ratio, then get to know your plane and more importantly your opponents plane.

Every plane here on wowp all come with +'s and -'s, get to know them. Aka.. fly the plane for what it was intended to do in battle.

1.Fighters .....dogfight..period.  if your not dogfighting then your fighters will be at a disadvantage in battle. ( don't waste time trying to take out ground targets ):facepalm:

2.Multi's ....assist fighters & heavy's, attacking opponents, while hitting AA targets, with rockets and /or bombs. ( try to stay in and with a friendly supporting group ).:izmena:

3. Heavy's...Fly above the pack, take out bombers,& and heavy's,  then Zoom & Boom, fighters & any other low heavy's. ( never try to turn with a fighter or multi.):ohmy:

4. Ga's... stay low, ( lower the better ) & destroy anything & everything within your Bomb & Gunsight. Aka ..pick ( AA ground targets ) to support the fighters who are protecting your 6.):playing:

5. Bombers... fly high enought to be out of fighter range , but low enought to hit ground targets. Every bombers has a different optium bombing height, in their stats, ( find it.... & fly it.)

Get to know the enemy plane's weakness as well as his strength's.  This is very important, " knowing how to dogfight & how to survive the fight.":kamikaze:

Knowing your opponents aircraft stats, will help, with your decision, to select & engage the correct target.:coin:

 

 

That's a perfect summation.


My status is "Senior Airman". Is that because I'm old? :sceptic:

Solomo #28 Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:54 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 682 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011

Block Quote

 That's a perfect summation.

 

Second that emotion - thanks Cobra!

But, there are so many bots on team most of the time, that you can't do much to win. MM seems designed so you mostly lose? They really need to equalize the MM.


Edited by Solomo, 04 June 2019 - 04:49 PM.


Booze_Morgan #29 Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:27 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 530 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View PostAuwingr, on 02 June 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

 

Ok, I came on tonight to see if I was the only one with a long string of losses. 

I've got to the point that if I lose 3 of 5 battles I quit. (been quitting a lot in the last few months). I understand RNG, but this is ridiculous. 

Ok, that's my beef and I'm out.

 

We all have loss runs, except for the very few who claim to be Gods of the game. (Some come right out and say it, others say it by bragging oh so accidentally. You know who you are.)

 

Yeah, sometimes I will quit after a few loses even though I care little about winning.  It can just get OLD.  Sometimes, however, I find myself just enjoying flying a plane, or I read somewhere about using this or that technique with a plane and I wanna try it, or I just feel like T&Bing or B&Zing, or something about some plane draws me to it, to the PLANE and what it does, not my win percentage (not ever).  And all of a sudden I am winning.

 

Dudes. This game, except for the aforementioned Lords of the Pixel Skies where winning is concerned, is for you to have around a 50% win rate.  That's how I see it.  Average players will have from a 45 to a 55% win percentage from my observation. The more you concern yourself with win rate, with the vast majority of us anyway, the less fun you gonna have here.

 

Question for all y'all: Does WG still keep 30 days stats anywhere?  To me that is the important win per cent number if you MUST keep up with it.  Heck, the first 200 to 1000 battles we should be able to erase and start all over after we are further into the learning curve.

 

Forget your win rate and learn to fly, learn to enjoy flying, enjoy the plane you are in by knowing how to fly it.

 

Booze

 

MoreBooze: My numbers up there are what I observe spasmodically and may not be actual. Feel free, you numbers geeks, to correct them, I will certainly not mind.


Edited by Booze_Morgan, 03 June 2019 - 08:28 PM.

Spoiler

 


x_WARHOG_x #30 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:04 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 643
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013

And to think not long ago you didn't have to ask "how do you win a battle" you knew you won when the other 15 red guy's were dead, No coming back no worry of points just actual PvP combat with real people and a few bots you either killed or were killed no respawn you had one chance and if you died you were done.

 

 Then they killed Warplane's when they dropped 2.0.......................................... smfh


Edited by x_WARHOG_x, 03 June 2019 - 10:12 PM.

Sneaking up on your six.....................


losttwo #31 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:24 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5125 battles
  • 13,910
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 03 June 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

And to think not long ago you didn't have to ask "how do you win a battle" you knew you won when the other 15 red guy's were dead, No coming back no worry of points just actual PvP combat with real people and a few bots you either killed or were killed no respawn you had one chance and if you died you were done.

 

 Then they killed Warplane's when they dropped 2.0.......................................... smfh

 

Can I get an AMEN and an AMEN...:medal:

Dam I miss those days.



Booze_Morgan #32 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:33 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 530 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

AMEN and AAAMEENNNNNN!

 

Amen Booze


Edited by Booze_Morgan, 03 June 2019 - 10:33 PM.

Spoiler

 


Booze_Morgan #33 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:33 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 530 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 03 June 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

And to think not long ago you didn't have to ask "how do you win a battle" you knew you won when the other 15 red guy's were dead, No coming back no worry of points just actual PvP combat with real people and a few bots you either killed or were killed no respawn you had one chance and if you died you were done.

 

 Then they killed Warplane's when they dropped 2.0.......................................... smfh

 

View Postlosttwo, on 03 June 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

 

Can I get an AMEN and an AMEN...:medal:

Dam I miss those days.

 

AMEN and AMEENNN!!!

 

Amen Booze


Spoiler

 


SkyWolf__WM #34 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:55 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8660 battles
  • 4,531
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

2.0 dropped and the game changed. It won't change back. Most people I know don't really care.

As I have said before, I just consider it cheap entertainment. There are not many things that give 

me entertainment this cheaply. Sure, I can go watch the (cable) television that costs me a couple of hundred dollars a

month. But it doesn't give me the bang for the buck that this (mostly) free game gives me.

And it is just a game. I play it because I like it. If you get no enjoyment from the game, or it angers

you, go do something else FFS. 

:honoring:


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


losttwo #35 Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:02 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5125 battles
  • 13,910
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 03 June 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

2.0 dropped and the game changed. It won't change back. Most people I know don't really care.

As I have said before, I just consider it cheap entertainment. There are not many things that give 

me entertainment this cheaply. Sure, I can go watch the (cable) television that costs me a couple of hundred dollars a

month. But it doesn't give me the bang for the buck that this (mostly) free game gives me.

And it is just a game. I play it because I like it. If you get no enjoyment from the game, or it angers

you, go do something else FFS. 

:honoring:

 

Yeah its like Checkers was 1.9 and Chinese Checkers is 2.0

CorvusCorvax #36 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4135 battles
  • 4,130
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 03 June 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

2.0 dropped and the game changed. It won't change back. Most people I know don't really care.

As I have said before, I just consider it cheap entertainment. There are not many things that give 

me entertainment this cheaply. Sure, I can go watch the (cable) television that costs me a couple of hundred dollars a

month. But it doesn't give me the bang for the buck that this (mostly) free game gives me.

And it is just a game. I play it because I like it. If you get no enjoyment from the game, or it angers

you, go do something else FFS. 

:honoring:


It's a different skillset.  I mean, it's still the same sort of thing for folks who fly light fighters, but now the game has an additional dimension it did not have before.  Now you actually have to THINK about how you play the arcade game, rather than before - just shoot at the little aiming circle.  LOL.



Zenn3k #37 Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 422 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    06-03-2018

If you want to win games, play Fighters, Multi-role Fighters or Heavy Fighters.     Heavy fighters with good turn rates especially are the best planes in the game.   

 

Playing any bomber or attack plane is asking to lose, those planes are nearly useless in my experience.   

 

Attack plane spends 5 minutes flying to a location, only for it to flip just before they arrive.   Same issue with bombers except you're forced to fly to the ceiling of the map or you will be shredded by the first heavy fighter defense plane that looks at you.  

 

Also, DEFEND.   Defending spots you've claimed is vital.   I've spent entire games in a fighter just protecting the center airfield and get 15-20 kills that way for easy victories.



Booze_Morgan #38 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 530 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View PostZenn3k, on 13 June 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

 Playing any bomber or attack plane is asking to lose, those planes are nearly useless in my experience.   

 

No disrespect to your experience, but my 30K plus battles, thousands in 2.0, say different.  If you actually have a little over 400 battles, then that would explain the lacking in your experience, and again, no disrespect intended. Also, I don't think you have read what others much more experienced have said about the GAs.

 

Booze


Edited by Booze_Morgan, 13 June 2019 - 07:41 PM.

Spoiler

 


SkyWolf__WM #39 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:44 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8660 battles
  • 4,531
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostZenn3k, on 13 June 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

Playing any bomber or attack plane is asking to lose, those planes are nearly useless in my experience.   

 

 

 That's because you know jack poo poo about Flying them. I can't fly them either but MANY people can fly them VERY effectively.

 

You are just stuck on the short bus with me my frien.... uh.... guy I don't know. But thanks for bringing your 1 year and 404 battle experience to us.


Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 13 June 2019 - 07:46 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


losttwo #40 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:45 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5125 battles
  • 13,910
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostZenn3k, on 13 June 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

If you want to win games, play Fighters, Multi-role Fighters or Heavy Fighters.     Heavy fighters with good turn rates especially are the best planes in the game.   

 

Playing any bomber or attack plane is asking to lose, those planes are nearly useless in my experience.   

 

Attack plane spends 5 minutes flying to a location, only for it to flip just before they arrive.   Same issue with bombers except you're forced to fly to the ceiling of the map or you will be shredded by the first heavy fighter defense plane that looks at you.  

 

Also, DEFEND.   Defending spots you've claimed is vital.   I've spent entire games in a fighter just protecting the center airfield and get 15-20 kills that way for easy victories.

 

Interesting. Most of my games are in GAA and are wins.

All my games today were in GAA and my win rate increased.

 

Then again it takes no skill to hit a stationary target.


Edited by losttwo, 13 June 2019 - 07:46 PM.






Also tagged with noob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users