Block Quote

Block Quote

Grenoli # 2          Posted Yesterday, May 31, 2019 - 14:19

Ml. lieutenant
Developer
1570 fights 

Block Quote

PackaToH (May 31, 2019 - 13:24) wrote:

Q. Dear developers, when will you deliver it? In tanks and ships "could" also give an alternative to the players organ emoji

A. WGC will remain the only way to install the game and updates. Apart from Steam, naturally. We do not plan to refuse convenient service. 

RU WoWP Forum source link

Block Quote

Grenoli # 3          Posted Yesterday, May 31, 2019 - 16:18
Ml. lieutenant
Developer
1570 fights 

Block Quote

shrajk (May 31, 2019 - 16:15) wrote:

Q. convenient to whom? Do you read the forum there? or so for "daws

A. Convenient to the players and us. Yes, I read. 

RU WoWP Forum source link

I think the reason for this position for WoWP is that they can not draw enough of a player base for the game. Therefore they are using the other two games as a crutch to draw players to support WoWP. You can download either WoWS or WoT on a classic launcher without going through the WGC launcher. I have tried this for testing and was successful for the installs.

Then there is another item to add to the discussion in keeping WoWP 32-bit on the WGC launcher, versus 64-bit. WoWP will not be going onto a 64-bit client. WoWS is different as discussed here for their reason why they are 64-bit. There is a rumor that WoT may go 64-bit, however nothing has been officially produced by its developers in doing so. For now WoT runs on a 32-bit platform.

My brother runs the classic WoWS launcher and he notices a difference in UI response in the game without the WGC. He seems to think the WGC launcher was adding more problems than resolving them. I wonder if the WGC is doing the same for WoWP? However more testing needs to be done. I'm sure someone will give an answer for that thought. So what do you guys think of this bit of information?

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 01 June 2019 - 04:12 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

losttwo #2 Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:16 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5145 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
The death of WOWP must be SOON

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:19 PM

Captain

• 22568 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I think it's just more of the typical red-headed-step-child syndrome for WoWP.  And, thusly, it will fail to grow.  Great management!  :facepalm:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Stygian_Alchemist #4 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10797 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I run the steam version. I have about 1/10th the bugs everyone else does because well.. steam is nice and stable and rock solid and sits quietly in the background being well behaved.

I -did- run the WGC version for a while and even still have it installed. Truthfully, I would never go back to using it because the exponential increase in bugs I dealt with while using it.

Cenotaph #5 Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
I always closed the WGC after my client was running... a slight annoyance, at best.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users