tokens tickets daily missions losttwo ideas

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:11 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I am sure it is silly of me to consider the idea that WG would change anything suggested by the community.

Maybe one day they will actually take an idea and run with it,

With less than 2000 battles in 2.0 there is really no reason I should even consider tossing out idea's for change.

Spoiler

So what I propose is for Wargaming to adjust the ticket system as :

A new pilot :

Less than 1000 battles.

Has not researched a tier 6 plane yet.

Can earn up to 15 tickets playing in tier 1 through 4.

A pilot:

1000+ battles

Has researched a tier 6 plane.

Can earn up to 15 tickets playing in tier 5 through 7.

A seasoned pilot:

2000+ battles

Has unlocked tier 9

Can earn up to 15 tickets playing in tier 8 through 10

This doesn't prevent anyone from flying any tier they choose.

Mr. Joe can still fly in tier 3 if he chooses but is not " required " for earning tickets.

Mr Joe now plays for fun in tier 3 but actually has an incentive to play his tier 8,9 and 10.

For lower tiers 1-4 do away with the specific mission types. Such as the one described in the spoiler.

Also do away with the WIN requirement.

You can do the more specific mission requirement in the higher tiers.

Has to be a winning battle or defend a certain sector.

These are just my thoughts.

Please feel free to post your own ideas for WG.

Lets see what changes we can create to make a more NEW player friendly game.

I am in no way rallying to stop seal clubbing or prevent people from flying when or how they want.

It is your game, you play it your way. Hope top see you in the lower tiers as well.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:17 AM

Captain

• 1173 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I like the new McDonald's special going on

two for five... mix and match

:coin:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Captain_Rownd #3 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2320 battles

"tickets"?  Are you talking about tokens? 

Is this about "daily missions"?  (which are anything but daily, since it can take months to do some of them)  Presumably part of the idea of the daily missions structure is to get people playing across all the Tiers.  But, I don't care much about it since most of my tokens come from medals. 

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

losttwo #4 Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:24 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 31 May 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

"tickets"?  Are you talking about tokens? 

Is this about "daily missions"?  (which are anything but daily, since it can take months to do some of them)  Presumably part of the idea of the daily missions structure is to get people playing across all the Tiers.  But, I don't care much about it since most of my tokens come from medals. 

Tickets / Tokens...whatever.

Yes it is about the daily missions.

Understandably it is to get people to play across all tiers.

There are some people that do not want to play low tiers or at least not spend all day playing in them.

Personally I enjoy low tiers but am currently working in the higher tiers and wanting to play in the higher tiers more than what I am currently doing.

A recent tally of my attempt at finishing the daily missions was 30 games in tier 4, 14 in tier 5-7 and 13 in tier 8-10

Currently I am trying to finish the grind to get all my tier 10's but it is difficult when I need to play 30 games in tier 4.

I am sure there are many others that would prefer to play as they would like to play with out a requirement of having to play where they do not want to.

Reward for progression into upper tiers and incentivize the progress. Rather than reward regression.

I will still play the lower tiers when I choose to just do not force a player if they are working on gathering tickets/tokens.

MO_E #5 Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4155 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Prorate the missions to the tiers.

As it stands the lower tiers have to the same requirements as the higher tiers.

Some of these missions can be done in one or two battles with a high tier, in a low tier it may take 5 to 10 or more.

Plus make it available to complete them. As Lost mentioned kind of useless to get missions that are not available,

or just get one battle out of 7 or 8 that qualify.

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4848 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Let us talk about the infamous "Capture Mining Plants" mission at tier 1 - 4. Or the "Kill planes in multiroles defending command centers"

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

losttwo #7 Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:38 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 01 June 2019 - 04:14 AM, said:

Let us talk about the infamous "Capture Mining Plants" mission at tier 1 - 4. Or the "Kill planes in multiroles defending command centers"

Yes, lets add that to this discussion too.

Tier 4 ? seriously. Not a new player alive is going to get the tickets /tokens for either of those.

Perhaps a person over 1000 battles but not one with less.

SpiritFoxMY #8 Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4848 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postlosttwo, on 01 June 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

Yes, lets add that to this discussion too.

Tier 4 ? seriously. Not a new player alive is going to get the tickets /tokens for either of those.

Perhaps a person over 1000 battles but not one with less.

Toggle took three weeks and nearly 100 battles to get the Mining Plant mission done. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

losttwo #9 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:08 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 01 June 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

Toggle took three weeks and nearly 100 battles to get the Mining Plant mission done. 

I can't believe Toggle even stayed with it.

Toggle told me many a times to just switch a mission out.

I miss flying with Toggle.

I got new one today " Destroy 10 ground targets in a single battle "

Tried 3 times in tier 4 bombers. Not even close. Highest was 5. That was on a losing battle.

My bots/humans would cap everything so I had nothing to bomb.

I know i can do it in the LBsH at tier 4. I seriously doubt a new play could do it.

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• 23470 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
GAs are strongly favored today.  Try taking your bomber lower.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #11 Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 01 June 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

Missions with Mining Plants and Command Centres were removed in update 2.0.9. Based on players feeback by the way :B

trikke #12 Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• 3520 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

ty, BF

i do miss Toggle        infinitely funny guy with a great outlook on life

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

BB3_Oregon_Steel #13 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1290 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 31 May 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Tickets / Tokens...whatever.

Yes it is about the daily missions.

Understandably it is to get people to play across all tiers.

There are some people that do not want to play low tiers or at least not spend all day playing in them.

Personally I enjoy low tiers but am currently working in the higher tiers and wanting to play in the higher tiers more than what I am currently doing.

A recent tally of my attempt at finishing the daily missions was 30 games in tier 4, 14 in tier 5-7 and 13 in tier 8-10

Currently I am trying to finish the grind to get all my tier 10's but it is difficult when I need to play 30 games in tier 4.

I am sure there are many others that would prefer to play as they would like to play with out a requirement of having to play where they do not want to.

Reward for progression into upper tiers and incentivize the progress. Rather than reward regression.

I will still play the lower tiers when I choose to just do not force a player if they are working on gathering tickets/tokens.

Well yes, it kind of does make a difference between Tokens and Tickets if you are trying to have others understand you. That being said ... 

I look at the "Daily Missions" and I look at the air fleet in my hangers and I realize that not only are they not "daily" missions but that I don't have the planes of expertise to complete any of them. That being the case, I'm happy when I get some free goodies but I'm not worrying about whether I can complete the "Daily Mission" since I can only complete the lower tier of those anyway and it takes time. 

I do think there is something somewhat related to this that WOWS has put into play very successfully and it's called the "Daily Container System".  Containers in WOWS are a lot like supply boxes here in WOWPs, you earn them, open them up and goodies appear.  Here is WOWP's, those things are kind of hard for me to earn (though I'm excited when I get one).  However earning them in WOWS is simple and easy to understand and is, in fact, a "Daily" thing. 

Here's how it works.  You take you ship out, any tier, you fight and earn experience points.  If you earn 2,000xp that day, you click your little button which takes you to the Liberty Ship where your container is and open it.  If you keep playing that same day and get to 12,000xp, you get a 2nd container and if you reach 32,000xp, in that same day, you get a third.  

It's easy, pretty much everyone can understand it and regardless of the tier you play, pretty much anyone can earn one or more containers a day.  There's a lot of times I've gone into the game just to snag that 1st container since I know I can pretty much get that 2,000xp in one or two games.  Ergo, it keeps me coming back to the game and, to a degree, "anchors" me there since the quest to get that container is sort of a perpetual every day thingee. 

I think something less Byzantine and Labyrinth like would work better here than what is being proposed.  That doesn't even mean you have to get rid of the existing "daily" missions, just call them "missions" or something similar. 

Anyway, that's my two cents. 

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

sandtiger #14 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20649 battles

mission where they are open end and not counting on a win or plane type would be nice ...

sandtiger #15 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20649 battles
 would it be to much trouble to have  it where we can shift mission two time a day..  that way maybe people can shift  out mission they do not like to work on 

losttwo #16 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:52 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postsandtiger, on 02 June 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

mission where they are open end and not counting on a win or plane type would be nice ...

View Postsandtiger, on 02 June 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

would it be to much trouble to have  it where we can shift mission two time a day..  that way maybe people can shift  out mission they do not like to work on 

Yeah like the new one I have today.

destroy 200 AA targets

In a tier 4 ? are you kidding me.

Best i got so far in a win is 10 and 25 in a loss.

I imagine it will take around 30 battles to get the 10 tickets/tokens.

Had one match with Prenz in his bomber and all I could get was 2 AA.

Wished he would have been on the enemy team that battle:teethhappy:

CorvusCorvax #17 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:56 PM

Captain

• 4238 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostblindfoId, on 02 June 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

Missions with Mining Plants and Command Centres were removed in update 2.0.9. Based on players feeback by the way :B

Indeed.  But if the developers actually played the game for real, instead of using God mode to give it a superficial run, perhaps they would prevent such mistakes to begin with?  It's a suggestion that would pay off much better than reacting to problems as they come up.

CorvusCorvax #18 Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:04 PM

Captain

• 4238 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 02 June 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

Yeah like the new one I have today.

destroy 200 AA targets

In a tier 4 ? are you kidding me.

Best i got so far in a win is 10 and 25 in a loss.

I imagine it will take around 30 battles to get the 10 tickets/tokens.

Had one match with Prenz in his bomber and all I could get was 2 AA.

Wished he would have been on the enemy team that battle:teethhappy:

I like this mission.  It does take some work, and you WILL take losses.  For T1-4, I use cannon-armed aircraft (like the LBSh or the Bf-110C-6) and focus my battle solely on blowing up the flak/AA guns.  You don't need to wreck the whole battery, just the gun.  For T5-7, I use my Dora exclusively.  I can take 10-15 guns/battle, easily.  I might start using my IL-8, because the big guns kill the guns from a huge distance away.  I use the Dora because of how fast I can get between caps.  In any case, I focus ONLY on killing AA guns.  Not winning, not capping, just AA guns.

For T8-10 usually I am using a HF with great, big guns.  The IL-10M would be a very good choice here.  Sometimes, I get distracted and try to help my team win, but for those 600 AA guns that I need, I usually just focus down hard on those guys to earn those tokens.

I like the idea of supply crates for some experience earned.  Win or lose, get rewards for just playing.  The more you play, the more reward you get.

losttwo #19 Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 02 June 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

I like this mission.  It does take some work, and you WILL take losses.  For T1-4, I use cannon-armed aircraft (like the LBSh or the Bf-110C-6) and focus my battle solely on blowing up the flak/AA guns.  You don't need to wreck the whole battery, just the gun.  For T5-7, I use my Dora exclusively.  I can take 10-15 guns/battle, easily.  I might start using my IL-8, because the big guns kill the guns from a huge distance away.  I use the Dora because of how fast I can get between caps.  In any case, I focus ONLY on killing AA guns.  Not winning, not capping, just AA guns.

For T8-10 usually I am using a HF with great, big guns.  The IL-10M would be a very good choice here.  Sometimes, I get distracted and try to help my team win, but for those 600 AA guns that I need, I usually just focus down hard on those guys to earn those tokens.

I like the idea of supply crates for some experience earned.  Win or lose, get rewards for just playing.  The more you play, the more reward you get.

Yeah, distraction to capture and attack planes is my biggest problem.

Trying to use all my lower level GA premiums and solely concentrate on AA guns.

It is difficult but do-able.

I just feel sorry for the new or inexperienced players getting that mission.

Good news is there is no Win requirement but it is hard for me to not try to win.

CorvusCorvax #20 Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:36 AM

Captain

• 4238 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 02 June 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

it is hard for me to not try to win.

For real.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 03 June 2019 - 01:36 AM.

Also tagged with tokens, tickets, daily, missions, losttwo, ideas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users