Jump to content


Matchmaking?


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Captain_Rownd #21 Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:53 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1831 battles
  • 824
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015

View Posttrikke, on 29 May 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

30 straight losses almost demands a mental health break

 

I am a mountain of sanity and focus  :D

Specialist planes:

SPAD S.510 :: P-40 :: MiG-3 :: A6M1 :: XP-44 :: Fw 190 A-5 :: Me 209 V4 :: Venom :: Caudron C.714 :: Ki-88 :: Wirraway :: Tomahawk IIb :: TsKB I-7 :: Ki-5 :: F2A-1


losttwo #22 Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:09 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 3955 battles
  • 13,646
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

According to the Hall of Fame there are more than 1689 players that have

won more than 52.47% of their games.

Spoiler
 

Many of you can look for all sorts of patterns and create all sorts of theories

to explain a lost battle or even a loosing streak.

From Matchmaker being unfair to the game is rigged. Even " wallet warriors " having an advantage and special treatment.

 

Most of you will even focus on the lost battles instead of the wins. Yes I do at times too.

I have to admit to being stubborn and playing the same plane just to lose again.

Not that I am stubborn but because I want to try to fly it differently and learn to improve with it.

 

DO bots win matches ? YES.

Will your team full of bots lose a match for you ? YES.

 

The key is for you to learn to carry a match to a win.

To hold the most caps and be the last plane in the sky.

TO know when to capture a sector and when to defend it.

To know at what time to change strategy and start trying to eliminate all the bots/humans.

 

I have won a few matches by being the last man standing even when the enemy had higher superiority.

 

Toss out all your squirrel theories and justifications that you want. Use as much tin foil as you need.

Make yourself feel better.

OR you can fail to suck and learn to fly the plane.

 

 



Mercsn #23 Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • 3,289
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

View Postlosttwo, on 30 May 2019 - 03:09 AM, said:

According to the Hall of Fame there are more than 1689 players that have

won more than 52.47% of their games.

Spoiler
 

Many of you can look for all sorts of patterns and create all sorts of theories

to explain a lost battle or even a loosing streak.

From Matchmaker being unfair to the game is rigged. Even " wallet warriors " having an advantage and special treatment.

 

Most of you will even focus on the lost battles instead of the wins. Yes I do at times too.

I have to admit to being stubborn and playing the same plane just to lose again.

Not that I am stubborn but because I want to try to fly it differently and learn to improve with it.

 

DO bots win matches ? YES.

Will your team full of bots lose a match for you ? YES.

 

The key is for you to learn to carry a match to a win.

To hold the most caps and be the last plane in the sky.

TO know when to capture a sector and when to defend it.

To know at what time to change strategy and start trying to eliminate all the bots/humans.

 

I have won a few matches by being the last man standing even when the enemy had higher superiority.

 

Toss out all your squirrel theories and justifications that you want. Use as much tin foil as you need.

Make yourself feel better.

OR you can fail to suck and learn to fly the plane.

 

 

 

 

WG has specifically come out and said that the current game design, matchmaking, and bot skill level mismatch is set up to minimize the effect that any one player can have on the match outcome.  Yes, it's a 180 from the WG produced WoT vid years ago "carry harder".


All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Mercsn #24 Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • 3,289
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

I'm not sure what tier you've made it to, but in addition to some of the general things others have said and combined with your ability to fly and shoot, learning what the different sectors DO in a match and prioritizing your attack and defense accordingly will help you win matches.    Also, target priority, it's usually a good idea to kill humans before killing red "player bots".

 

Oh, and speaking of bots...they "cheat".  They don't operate by the same rules as players, they get a flat stat boost to whatever aircraft they're flying if they are skill 2 or 3 (veteran or ace).  Ace usually don't appear until tier 7 and veteran at about tier 4.  In addition the flat stats boost, they also get aimbot because, well, they're bots. A veteran in a heavy fighter or a yak multirole with a big nose gun will sometimes be more of a threat than other players due to the stats boost and superhuman aim.  So, keep an eye out for heavies and big gunned fighters also.

 


Edited by Mercsn, 31 May 2019 - 12:24 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

dragon2928 #25 Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:57 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1971 battles
  • 12
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    03-25-2019
I was actually going to post about something similar today when I saw this thread.  I'm noticing (it feels to me, at least) that my personal actions often seem to have no real outcome on the battle result.  For example, last night I had a match against all bots.  I did very well, scoring many kills, almost every one in a zone that was contested.  Despite this, I could never get a zone to flip.  At the end of the match I had 20k points, but we lost tremendously.  Perhaps there is a problem with the bot skill levels being evenly distributed across teams?  

trikke #26 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:00 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3315 battles
  • 3,230
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postdragon2928, on 02 June 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

  For example, last night I had a match against all bots.  I did very well, scoring many kills, almost every one in a zone that was contested.  Despite this, I could never get a zone to flip. 

 

first, congrats on the high score!    frustrating, isn't it 

 

second, maybe your bots were dying inside your caps while you were killing red and white bots, which resets your progress       keep an eye on your team?

 

there's so much to learn for new folks, but you'll become more aware as you put in the hours


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

blindfoId #27 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:00 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,194
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostMercsn, on 31 May 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

Oh, and speaking of bots...they "cheat".  They don't operate by the same rules as players, they get a flat stat boost to whatever aircraft they're flying if they are skill 2 or 3 (veteran or ace).  Ace usually don't appear until tier 7 and veteran at about tier 4.  In addition the flat stats boost, they also get aimbot because, well, they're bots. A veteran in a heavy fighter or a yak multirole with a big nose gun will sometimes be more of a threat than other players due to the stats boost and superhuman aim.  So, keep an eye out for heavies and big gunned fighters also.

 

 

Despite the desire to believe in bots skill being different across the team they are not. Depending on the battle tier, their skill level will vary: for Tiers I-III, all of them will be beginners, for Tiers IV-V — warriors, and for Tiers VI-X — veterans. And that is perfectly explained in the article. The difference in their performance in a single match mostly depends on the set of circumstances, like the notorious snowballing of arena. 



losttwo #28 Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 3955 battles
  • 13,646
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostblindfoId, on 03 June 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

 

Despite the desire to believe in bots skill being different across the team they are not. Depending on the battle tier, their skill level will vary: for Tiers I-III, all of them will be beginners, for Tiers IV-V — warriors, and for Tiers VI-X — veterans. And that is perfectly explained in the article. The difference in their performance in a single match mostly depends on the set of circumstances, like the notorious snowballing of arena. 

 

Thanks, I always enjoy links from the blog.

I use it quit frequently.

I can feel your frustration on some of these post and often times wonder how many times a day you facepalm yourself.

In the past I spent countless hours posting countless stuff about match maker and balancing.

Wish they could be retrieved but then again they are obsolete.

Some were pretty close to how current MM works.



SkyWolf__WM #29 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:45 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7399 battles
  • 4,416
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 30 May 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

According to the Hall of Fame there are more than 1689 players that have

won more than 52.47% of their games.

Spoiler
 

Many of you can look for all sorts of patterns and create all sorts of theories

to explain a lost battle or even a loosing streak.

From Matchmaker being unfair to the game is rigged. Even " wallet warriors " having an advantage and special treatment.

 

Most of you will even focus on the lost battles instead of the wins. Yes I do at times too.

I have to admit to being stubborn and playing the same plane just to lose again.

Not that I am stubborn but because I want to try to fly it differently and learn to improve with it.

 

DO bots win matches ? YES.

Will your team full of bots lose a match for you ? YES.

 

The key is for you to learn to carry a match to a win.

To hold the most caps and be the last plane in the sky.

TO know when to capture a sector and when to defend it.

To know at what time to change strategy and start trying to eliminate all the bots/humans.

 

I have won a few matches by being the last man standing even when the enemy had higher superiority.

 

Toss out all your squirrel theories and justifications that you want. Use as much tin foil as you need.

Make yourself feel better.

OR you can fail to suck  (©SkyWolf__WM) and learn to fly the plane.

 

 

 


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


losttwo #30 Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:30 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 3955 battles
  • 13,646
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
SkyWolf :P

Edited by losttwo, 03 June 2019 - 08:33 PM.


nwlxn12 #31 Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:22 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1408 battles
  • 343
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View PostblindfoId, on 03 June 2019 - 04:00 AM, said:

 

Despite the desire to believe in bots skill being different across the team they are not. Depending on the battle tier, their skill level will vary: for Tiers I-III, all of them will be beginners, for Tiers IV-V — warriors, and for Tiers VI-X — veterans. And that is perfectly explained in the article. The difference in their performance in a single match mostly depends on the set of circumstances, like the notorious snowballing of arena. 

 

Can you say if or how WG adjusts bot play style to compensate for a human player that disconnects or exits the match?  I have seen some bots do practically nothing and it always seems to be when a human on the opposing team has left the match for whatever reason.

losttwo #32 Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:02 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 3955 battles
  • 13,646
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Postnwlxn12, on 04 June 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

 

Can you say if or how WG adjusts bot play style to compensate for a human player that disconnects or exits the match?  I have seen some bots do practically nothing and it always seems to be when a human on the opposing team has left the match for whatever reason.

 

Humans that disconnect or bail on the match are counted as KIA.

Bots do not behave any differently nor do they care.

I know you were asking blindfold but thought I would answer for you.

Bots have been simply designed to just play particular patterns.

Once you learn those patterns your number of matches you win will increase drastically.



Captain_Underpants53 #33 Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:47 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20694 battles
  • 2,967
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postnwlxn12, on 04 June 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

 

Can you say if or how WG adjusts bot play style to compensate for a human player that disconnects or exits the match?  I have seen some bots do practically nothing and it always seems to be when a human on the opposing team has left the match for whatever reason.

 

I've noticed this also.  Could be coincidence, I suppose.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Mercsn #34 Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:18 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • 3,289
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

View PostblindfoId, on 03 June 2019 - 04:00 AM, said:

 

Despite the desire to believe in bots skill being different across the team they are not. Depending on the battle tier, their skill level will vary: for Tiers I-III, all of them will be beginners, for Tiers IV-V — warriors, and for Tiers VI-X — veterans. And that is perfectly explained in the article. The difference in their performance in a single match mostly depends on the set of circumstances, like the notorious snowballing of arena. 

 

I read that article...and found it quite entertaining, but inaccurate.  Simple observation will show you that the information there is either not correct or the bot ai is seriously bugged.  I've actually just flown observation on matches that I've ended up as the only human on both teams.  It's quite easy to spot the mismatched ai, since all the planes are the same on both teams, except for the one I'm flying. 

 

There's simply no way that my bots, without me doing anything except observing (except where I need to kill something to prevent dying so I can keep flying around observing), are going to smash the other team in a 5 cap win.  I use the 5 cap win as an example because, effectively, with me just observing, my team is a man short. 

 

P-38 chasing a bomber and not doing much damage, stalling out, unable to keep up?  Novice.  P-38 chasing a bomber and walking right up to it as though the plane had no altitude cap, shredding the bomber in short order?  Veteran. 

 

I swear the devs don't actually play this game or even look at what's going on when other players are playing it.  They just code in a vacuum and don't bother to see what the code is doing in the live game.  But, in the instance of ai, it is quite obviously NOT just bugged.  It's simply not designed to operate the way that article describes.

 

In 'Murica, we call that kind of official misinformation "propaganda."   Observation of facts is greater than propaganda.


Edited by Mercsn, 05 June 2019 - 05:31 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Mercsn #35 Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:25 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • 3,289
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

View PostBetoRS, on 28 May 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

Posted Image

 

Today, against medium level players, bots won the battle...say no more.

 

Beto

 

This graphic shows what I'm describing and is how the bot ai is mismatched in the game we're playing (I don't know what game the devs are playing).  The two Yak-7 bots have different skill ai and two Bf110 bots are different skill levels.  Period.  In fact, THIS graphic is perfect because the Yak-7 is low altitude and the Bf-110 is high altitude.  For one or the other to do significantly better than the bot on the other team might be explained by a human at that altitude staying on that bot.  Having a bot of both high AND low altitude types doing significantly better on one team is unlikely if they are "the same skill level".  

 

It's not that the Yak-7 on Beto's team was being hunted by the other team. It's that it simply wasn't able to fly, shoot, evade, and prioritize targets with the same logic that the other teams Yak-7 was.  The same applies to the Bf110 on Beto's team.

 

You can repeat this in every match.  As I mention in my "less cheating from the bots, please" thread, you can CLEARLY observe this in a 1 human match by just watching how the bots go at each other.  It should be neck and neck, but it's very often a blowout regardless of player contribution (I've specifically done as little as possible while observing bots in actual 1 human matches, not training room matches, to observe their behavior).  


Edited by Mercsn, 05 June 2019 - 05:30 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users