• [A-S-S] A-S-S

UNFAIR PLAY report

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Boomer1948 #82 Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:55 PM

Airman Basic

• 5274 battles
  • [B_C_S] B_C_S

Thanks,

This seems to have been going on for a while but nothing has been done about it? This is disappointing. I've only seen it a few times here but  remember in the ol days, playing C.O.D. it seemed like almost every game, some 12 y.o. would run amok and ruin the game. I hope that doesn't happen here.

Deltavee #83 Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:35 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2804 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

So I met the guy who ran away from his village today and I was using premium ammo and he berserked in chat "They're using premium!  I'm gonna team kill for the whole game."

Which he did.   

He was on the opposing team.   

Give that a moment's thought....

He did get me once in his 110 with a head-on ram, guns blazing but I didn't see him after that.  Guess he was busy taking care of business.

A relevant aside:

When the Inuit had to cull the local wolf population they used to leave a very sharp blade covered with fat sticking out of the ice and the first wolf to lick it cut his tongue on it, blood lust kicked in, he attacked the nearest wolf and presumably another wolf had a taste or got jumped by a berserker pack mate and reacted the same way.  No matter what the progression the brawl must have been quite the sight.  Makes our furballs quite pedestrian, I would think. 

Quite efficient, from what I've read.

Now we have our own sharp knife....

:trollface:

Edited by Deltavee, 31 July 2019 - 12:45 AM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

trikke #84 Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:25 AM

Captain

• 3620 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I will stop licking knives around wolves today!   

unless there's cheesecake smeared on it
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SkyWolf__WM #85 Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:27 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9555 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I'm expecting a chat ban for the things that I said to him. I added him to my contacts so that I can concentrate on him. :izmena:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Stygian_Alchemist #86 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11328 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Two other threads asking for mod response seem to have been removed that were about this subject. 

SkyWolf__WM #87 Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9555 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 01 August 2019 - 04:24 AM, said:

Two other threads asking for mod response seem to have been removed that were about this subject. 

And this one will be removed as well. :teethhappy:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

trikke #88 Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

Captain

• 3620 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

mine is gone, but I completely expected it.       

He's much more of a menace to new folks than to most of us, and that should certainly concern WG

New folks have no idea how to report TKers, nor do they know that replays are required by customer service

If not provided, their report is simply ashcanned       

it would be soooo easy to automate that, but more customer service folks would have to be hired to process claims

and that'll never happen, so it's up to us

sandtiger #89 Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20790 battles
wow this is still going dang

CorvusCorvax #90 Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:22 AM

Captain

• 4265 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/56230-in-game-reporting-tool-not-functioning/

sandtiger #91 Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20790 battles

i was just shocked because people  had posted on here  today i was like why is this thread still be talk about any the link to the other threat i did not see the post have a great day and good job on writing the ticket

Edited by sandtiger, 02 August 2019 - 06:35 AM.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #92 Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostMercsn, on 28 May 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

By your very guidelines, I can be as dumb as I wanna be in the way I play this game, which very well may include "accidental" friendly fire incidents when people are acting in an extremely foolish manner...a manner so foolish as to only reasonably be considered aiding the enemy team.

But, to answer your question of who am I to be teaching them a lesson, I'm the guy who got stuck with their retarded [edited]on my team.  That is all the license I need to "play my game, my way" as so many people who no interest in winning like to say. 

If people aren't interested in winning, they really need to be using the training flight or test flight options so that they can sigh-see or do whatever stupid, non-winning crap they want to without affecting the few other humans who might be stuck with them on the team. 

Ultimately it's WG's fault #RussianLogic for not defaulting to a co-op mode when there aren't enough humans to fill a match (they could simply adjust maps to have less than full matches, since respawn is a thing).  Putting all the humans on a team would allow for more teamwork and allow the humans to fight the bots, the cheating, hacky, bastards that the bots are.  Since the bots don't follow the same rules as players, nor have the same specs for their aircraft, it's only reasonable that humans should work together to knock them out.  But, #RussianLogic #LadyManager that isn't a thing.

So, until somebody with a brain takes over game design, I'll play "my game, my way" which may include my aim being off in sectors where other idiots are "playing their game, their way" and strafing ground targets and helping the other team win.

If a player isn't playing to win, they need to be in a test flight or training room.  That's why those options exist.

A really high degree of quality on display here. :facepalm:

I truly hope playing the game "your" way eventually gets noticed by WG and they take appropriate steps to deal with you and whoever this other flying TK is. There is not, and never has been, a valid justification for team killing ... period.  I an VERY confident this is a violation of the rules sufficient to get a player perma banned from the game.  You're lucky that WOWPs is so small that WG doesn't pay attention to it to the degree it does with it's other titles, otherwise you'd already be toast. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 02 August 2019 - 06:48 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

BB3_Oregon_Steel #93 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 01 August 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

mine is gone, but I completely expected it.       

He's much more of a menace to new folks than to most of us, and that should certainly concern WG

New folks have no idea how to report TKers, nor do they know that replays are required by customer service

If not provided, their report is simply ashcanned       

it would be soooo easy to automate that, but more customer service folks would have to be hired to process claims

and that'll never happen, so it's up to us

Ships has an automated system that does all the heavy lifting and would be capable of detecting and punishing the types of behavior that has been listed here.  That's why Team Killing went from an every third or 4th battle thing before the system was implemented to a 3 or less times a year thing afterwards.  Doesn't take a lot of customer service people, just building in the right code, which they've already done with ships.  One would think it would be a comparatively easy port to planes. 

There you go, problem mostly eradicated. 

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Stygian_Alchemist #94 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• 11328 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
To be truthful, this particular situation is getting extreme saturation -because- of the rarity of TK'ers in this game. Every 3 or 4 games would be insane. We've had about 4 TK'ers that I can think of in a year of playing. 4 players, that's it. 

Because of the rarity everyone has focused on this like a laser (as well as the fact it took WG a moment to react... but honestly that may be down to people not -actually- filing tickets).

WG has already demonstrated that its automated systems are faulty, repeatedly, especially when they use them in World of Warplanes. Automation really isn't necessarily an answer, but the ability to file full tickets from -inside- the game might be bloody nice. Given that the #1 reason people don't bother to file an actual ticket is that you have to alt-tab out or close the game and open a browser window. Who wants to put in that much effort? 

Truthfully, every time I've filed a ticket on something that's actually against the rules.. and provided screenshots or a replay. I've gotten traction quite quickly. Save for.. one player who shall remain nameless and isn't around often enough for me to try that hard.. who seems to be made of more teflon than your average fry pan's coating. But.. that means alt tabbing out and manually finding and uploading the replay and screenshots.. whereas why the game doesn't have an in-built function that goes straight to the screen shot and replay folders and allows you to fill the ticket out without alt-tabbing.. I dunno man. Why would you want your player to leave your game to do something with your game? Rather counterintuitive if you ask me. Of course, playing with the steam client I can choose to file a report through steam.. but that adds an extra step/delay sometimes even though I can just hit shift+tab to bring up the steam overlay and do what I need to do.

Point is.. tickets work, if a ticket doesn't get traction in 24 hours, post in the forums. The mods -will- tip off the CS that they have a disgruntled customer if you're polite about it and have a valid issue. Other point is... filing a ticket is way more work than it needs to be and final point is: WG is not to be trusted with automated moderation. Not after the fiasco earlier this year when they re-activated the auto-language-ban system.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #95 Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 02 August 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

To be truthful, this particular situation is getting extreme saturation -because- of the rarity of TK'ers in this game. Every 3 or 4 games would be insane. We've had about 4 TK'ers that I can think of in a year of playing. 4 players, that's it. 

Because of the rarity everyone has focused on this like a laser (as well as the fact it took WG a moment to react... but honestly that may be down to people not -actually- filing tickets).

WG has already demonstrated that its automated systems are faulty, repeatedly, especially when they use them in World of Warplanes. Automation really isn't necessarily an answer, but the ability to file full tickets from -inside- the game might be bloody nice. Given that the #1 reason people don't bother to file an actual ticket is that you have to alt-tab out or close the game and open a browser window. Who wants to put in that much effort? 

Truthfully, every time I've filed a ticket on something that's actually against the rules.. and provided screenshots or a replay. I've gotten traction quite quickly. Save for.. one player who shall remain nameless and isn't around often enough for me to try that hard.. who seems to be made of more teflon than your average fry pan's coating. But.. that means alt tabbing out and manually finding and uploading the replay and screenshots.. whereas why the game doesn't have an in-built function that goes straight to the screen shot and replay folders and allows you to fill the ticket out without alt-tabbing.. I dunno man. Why would you want your player to leave your game to do something with your game? Rather counterintuitive if you ask me. Of course, playing with the steam client I can choose to file a report through steam.. but that adds an extra step/delay sometimes even though I can just hit shift+tab to bring up the steam overlay and do what I need to do.

Point is.. tickets work, if a ticket doesn't get traction in 24 hours, post in the forums. The mods -will- tip off the CS that they have a disgruntled customer if you're polite about it and have a valid issue. Other point is... filing a ticket is way more work than it needs to be and final point is: WG is not to be trusted with automated moderation. Not after the fiasco earlier this year when they re-activated the auto-language-ban system.

I understand.  Sometimes what I see as fairly straight forward, isn't when it comes to actually getting it done. 

I myself have never run into a TK in planes but when I first started out, they were everywhere in ships.  You'd see a "pink" ship (if someone had caused friendly damage recently, it would change your ship from a green to pink symbol on the minimap) and sure enough it would immediately angle towards the nearest battleship and let loose a spread of torpedoes at point blank range.

There was a lot of moaning and gnashing of teeth when the new system was implements.  People would get enraged that their ship had turned pink after accidentally torping a friendly etc etc etc ... (as a matter of fact they still do). But the TKing pretty much stopped within a few weeks. 

The point of my post however is that you don't have to hire a legion of customer service agents to handle the problem. WG already knows how to solve it because they've already done it and it's a whole lot easier to replicate something that works instead of developing a solution from whole cloth. 

If it's not that big a problem and they are quick to react to information when presented to them, maybe something like this isn't necessary.  However, if that changes they have shown that they have an effective roadmap that they've used to successfully deal with this should it become necessary in the future. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 03 August 2019 - 12:02 AM.

trikke #96 Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:37 AM

Captain

• 3620 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Did I hear that there's a different team of coders working on Ships?

Stygian_Alchemist #97 Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11328 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 02 August 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

I understand.  Sometimes what I see as fairly straight forward, isn't when it comes to actually getting it done. 

I myself have never run into a TK in planes but when I first started out, they were everywhere in ships.  You'd see a "pink" ship (if someone had caused friendly damage recently, it would change your ship from a green to pink symbol on the minimap) and sure enough it would immediately angle towards the nearest battleship and let loose a spread of torpedoes at point blank range.

There was a lot of moaning and gnashing of teeth when the new system was implements.  People would get enraged that their ship had turned pink after accidentally torping a friendly etc etc etc ... (as a matter of fact they still do). But the TKing pretty much stopped within a few weeks. 

The point of my post however is that you don't have to hire a legion of customer service agents to handle the problem. WG already knows how to solve it because they've already done it and it's a whole lot easier to replicate something that works instead of developing a solution from whole cloth. 

If it's not that big a problem and they are quick to react to information when presented to them, maybe something like this isn't necessary.  However, if that changes they have shown that they have an effective roadmap that they've used to successfully deal with this should it become necessary in the future. 

View Posttrikke, on 02 August 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Did I hear that there's a different team of coders working on Ships?

Trikke, I think, brings up the most salient point. Different development team for the two games and to my understanding while they communicate, they are run as mostly independent entities. Our development team has definitely gotten some love lately and I appreciate automated systems, but I still don't trust the current dev team just yet with highly automated systems like that. Also, its -far- harder to accidentally hit someone in WoWS than WoWP. WoWP it just requires a bot to stupidly fly between the target you're lasering and you. In WoWs the fire rates, etc. are such that hitting something is -usually- on purpose. So I'd say there'd have to be some rejiggering comparatively anyway, but I deffo get it =D

Editing to add: And putting a proper ticketing system -in the client- would go a long way toward getting better response and ticketing from their playerbase. That's something I truly believe. People are lazy-ish.. or maybe it's just me LOL

Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 03 August 2019 - 01:03 AM.

Booze_Morgan #98 Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:05 AM

• 715 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 02 August 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Editing to add: And putting a proper ticketing system -in the client- would go a long way toward getting better response and ticketing from their playerbase. That's something I truly believe. People are lazy-ish.. or maybe it's just me LOL

This. Yup. It ain't just you.

Booze

Spoiler

crzyhawk #99 Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:55 PM

• 3536 battles
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 28 May 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

I won't teamkill you for doing that but you'll forever be in my "idiot book" if I catch you choosing to shooting up a mining plant in anything other than a GAA while there are other airplanes in other cap points anywhere on the map because you'll be more productive killing a random bot outside a cap point than strafing out a goddamn mining plant in anything other than a GAA outside of VERY specific circumstances (i.e, there are only one or two soft structures left in a ground target that would immediately flip the plant)

There are too many even here on the forums who think they are entirely correct to try and strafe ground targets when there are other caps and other aircraft elsewhere to kill. Protip - if you cannot immediately contribute to a cap, leave. Staying in a cap point you cannot capture is just asking to be shot down and reset by a smart opponent. Hell, one of my favorite 190D tactics is specifically LOOKING for people dumb enough to be doing crap like that - wait until they are halfway through a ground target, then snipe the ground target with my bomb and rockets then kill the sucker for an immediate 100+ cap points.

On reddit, there's a thread where someone's rating the T6 premiums.  For my beloved Mustang Ia, he says something about why play this when you can play a Tornado.  The intimidate answer in my mind is "so I don't have to pretend I care about killing ground targets".  I'll shoot up AA guns from time to time at rocket bases, but for the most part, I kill the heavies then move on.  I hate strafing ground targets, and consider the one bomb emblem on the side of my Spitfire Ia a badge of shame from my early days.

Specialist A/C

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81-A1; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; F4U-1,-4ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K |

UK: Goldfinch; Type 224; Wirraway; Hurricane I; Boomerang; Venom; Spitfire I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang Ia; Japan: A6M2; A6M3 (exp); Ki61 |

Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E-3, G; Spitfire V DB605 | USSR: LaGG 3(4); P40 M-105 |  EU: B534; S199

Deltavee #100 Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

• 2804 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View Postcrzyhawk, on 03 August 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 28 May 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

I won't teamkill you for doing that but you'll forever be in my "idiot book" if I catch you choosing to shooting up a mining plant in anything other than a GAA while there are other airplanes in other cap points anywhere on the map because you'll be more productive killing a random bot outside a cap point than strafing out a goddamn mining plant in anything other than a GAA outside of VERY specific circumstances (i.e, there are only one or two soft structures left in a ground target that would immediately flip the plant)

There are too many even here on the forums who think they are entirely correct to try and strafe ground targets when there are other caps and other aircraft elsewhere to kill. Protip - if you cannot immediately contribute to a cap, leave. Staying in a cap point you cannot capture is just asking to be shot down and reset by a smart opponent. Hell, one of my favorite 190D tactics is specifically LOOKING for people dumb enough to be doing crap like that - wait until they are halfway through a ground target, then snipe the ground target with my bomb and rockets then kill the sucker for an immediate 100+ cap points.

On reddit, there's a thread where someone's rating the T6 premiums.  For my beloved Mustang Ia, he says something about why play this when you can play a Tornado.  The intimidate answer in my mind is "so I don't have to pretend I care about killing ground targets".  I'll shoot up AA guns from time to time at rocket bases, but for the most part, I kill the heavies then move on.  I hate strafing ground targets, and consider the one bomb emblem on the side of my Spitfire Ia a badge of shame from my early days.

You two might consider that there are many others that come just to enjoy themselves that are not as heavily invested in the game as you two seem to be.  

Posting intimidating pieces on how or how not to play does not gain either compliance or respect.  In fact, at least in my case it has exactly the opposite effect but then I'm like that.
If you want people to play in a fashion you espouse, take them one-by-one to a training centre and indoctrinate them there.  
If you want to have players play the game your way, flight up with like-minded individuals to apply your kriegstechniken as you wish.
Casual players and new players don't need this from you.
It's a game.

Edited by Deltavee, 03 August 2019 - 10:21 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users