Just a warnig and head up we seem to have a team killer on our hands

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #41 Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

Captain

• 23521 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostDeltavee, on 29 May 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

Much as I love you for the vet that you are, Ace, we're not going to see eye-to-eye on this one.

I 'think' he was agreeing with you but I very well could be wrong.  I am often confused by incoherent remarks.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

sandtiger #42 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20668 battles

yep Ace can be tough that way most the time he post he make  a point, he is  good with his forum game

but the black and white  comment  was for the guy that only gets black and white not ace  :)

Edited by sandtiger, 02 June 2019 - 09:55 PM.

Deltavee #43 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:37 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 30 May 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

I 'think' he was agreeing with you but I very well could be wrong.  I am often confused by incoherent remarks.

Might have been an attempt to pour oil on troubled waters.

In NA, 31 of 61 of my birds are premium and 16 of those are LF tiers II-VI.  My LF pilots need some development anyway....

I never thought it would come to this in WoWP but I now have a TK list with two names on it.

Edited by Deltavee, 30 May 2019 - 07:43 PM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

sandtiger #44 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20668 battles

i  am so sorry Deltavee 

lucky for us we will not see them much

because many of the  people 

are not team killing

Edited by sandtiger, 02 June 2019 - 09:56 PM.

Deltavee #45 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

• 2795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View Postsandtiger, on 30 May 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

i  am so sorry Deltavee 

luck for us we well not see them much

for there are many people playing

that are not team killing

I hear you, sandtiger. 

One of the reasons among many others I stay with the game is because of the absence of team killers. 

As for the list, forewarned is forearmed.  This isn't TK town like some games but if I spot them on the play list pre-game, I'll know what to expect. 

This game and the forum game have most honourable players and that counts for a lot.  Good company is worth its weight in gold.  I spend many an hour here.

Cheers

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Flying NA and EU

trikke #46 Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:50 AM

Captain

• 3524 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

are we still getting tic marks for name-shaming?     or was that stopped with 2.0?

either way... it would be nice to know

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Stygian_Alchemist #47 Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11064 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 30 May 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

are we still getting tic marks for name-shaming?     or was that stopped with 2.0?

I've never gotten in trouble for it.. had a few posts removed because screenshots contained swear words the other person threw at me when I've posted about stuff and named/shamed... but that's it. Not certain on actual official stance though?

Deltavee #48 Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:34 AM

• 2795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View Posttrikke, on 30 May 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

Congrats on 3,000 battles, trikke.  :playing:

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Flying NA and EU

CorvusCorvax #49 Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

Captain

• 4238 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 28 May 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

I won't teamkill you for doing that but you'll forever be in my "idiot book" if I catch you choosing to shooting up a mining plant in anything other than a GAA while there are other airplanes in other cap points anywhere on the map because you'll be more productive killing a random bot outside a cap point than strafing out a goddamn mining plant in anything other than a GAA outside of VERY specific circumstances (i.e, there are only one or two soft structures left in a ground target that would immediately flip the plant)

There are too many even here on the forums who think they are entirely correct to try and strafe ground targets when there are other caps and other aircraft elsewhere to kill. Protip - if you cannot immediately contribute to a cap, leave. Staying in a cap point you cannot capture is just asking to be shot down and reset by a smart opponent. Hell, one of my favorite 190D tactics is specifically LOOKING for people dumb enough to be doing crap like that - wait until they are halfway through a ground target, then snipe the ground target with my bomb and rockets then kill the sucker for an immediate 100+ cap points.

One of the roles I pride myself on is one-pass SEAD.  Especially for flight-mates.  I will take a HF or MRF in ahead of a bomber or GAA to suppress flak/AA guns.  In one pass, I can eliminate over half the ground-based air defense in any site.  On the second pass, it's either ADA or finishing off ground targets.  Flak can rip up bombers, and low-level AA eats up GAA, so SEAD can be a vital role.  In addition, providing air cover for GAA is a thing.  Bombers can usually take care of themselves, flown by good pilots.  But GAA, unless piloted by an exceptional human, are dead meat.  

Flipping a cap quickly, and working to prevent HP loss in attacking aircraft?  I would call that teamwork.  Especially when you flip the cap so that your bots don't circle to death.  Let them go and do something useful elsewhere, instead of circling a cap waiting for bomb reload.

For folks who TK, I like to give them just enough damage so that the next encounter they have is fatal.  That way, I don't get reported for TK.  And taking cannon shells really can give you a short HP supply.  Like the jerk in the HF who ran up the back of me to knock off the last 10 HP of a GAA that I had been working on.  He told me it was "lag" that had caused it (even though as soon as the red GAA blew up he did a hard port break).  So the next time I saw him, I knocked him down to 5 HP and said "ooops, lag".  Of course, this was 5 seconds before the squall line, and he got blown up by flak 15 seconds later.  

Pick your spots.  Be smart about the damage you deal.  Make it look accidental.  Most of all, never, ever actually TK.  Over and above all of that, leave the punishing of stupid players to the red team.  Folks who don't know who/what to shoot at what time are mid- to low-pack players, and always will be.  Their reward is your anger.  Because it's the only reward they will ever get.  Don't give it to them.

Deltavee #50 Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:55 PM

• 2795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 31 May 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

One of the roles I pride myself on is one-pass SEAD.  Especially for flight-mates.  I will take a HF or MRF in ahead of a bomber or GAA to suppress flak/AA guns.  In one pass, I can eliminate over half the ground-based air defense in any site.  On the second pass, it's either ADA or finishing off ground targets.  Flak can rip up bombers, and low-level AA eats up GAA, so SEAD can be a vital role.  In addition, providing air cover for GAA is a thing.  Bombers can usually take care of themselves, flown by good pilots.  But GAA, unless piloted by an exceptional human, are dead meat.  

Flipping a cap quickly, and working to prevent HP loss in attacking aircraft?  I would call that teamwork.  Especially when you flip the cap so that your bots don't circle to death.  Let them go and do something useful elsewhere, instead of circling a cap waiting for bomb reload.

For folks who TK, I like to give them just enough damage so that the next encounter they have is fatal.  That way, I don't get reported for TK.  And taking cannon shells really can give you a short HP supply.  Like the jerk in the HF who ran up the back of me to knock off the last 10 HP of a GAA that I had been working on.  He told me it was "lag" that had caused it (even though as soon as the red GAA blew up he did a hard port break).  So the next time I saw him, I knocked him down to 5 HP and said "ooops, lag".  Of course, this was 5 seconds before the squall line, and he got blown up by flak 15 seconds later.  

Pick your spots.  Be smart about the damage you deal.  Make it look accidental.  Most of all, never, ever actually TK.  Over and above all of that, leave the punishing of stupid players to the red team.  Folks who don't know who/what to shoot at what time are mid- to low-pack players, and always will be.  Their reward is your anger.  Because it's the only reward they will ever get.  Don't give it to them.

Eminently reasonable and quite well put.  Your first paragraph is mana to GAA pilots. 

I have long ago given up on getting any support during GAA strikes either SEAD or CAP while going about my business.  I routinely check the pre-game roster for GAA on both teams and try to protect ours or obliterate theirs. 

SEAD+GAA with a CAP is unheard of in the game which is a pity because ultimately, the game is about who controls how much dirt for how long.  Furballs or 1-on-1 are fun but they rarely accomplish all that much towards the dirt acquisition business.  Routinely taking out an unending stream of GAA in defence of one cap is a norm for me and I have almost never been attacked while doing it.

Following a HF or MRF in to take out buildings would be ideal instead of having to dance a GAA around a site to get all of the low-level AAA before getting down to work.

So yes, teamwork.

:medal:

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Flying NA and EU

SkyWolf__WM #51 Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:56 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9290 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 31 May 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

Gee Corvus. I didn't picture you as an anal pore. ANYONE who team kills is a large fabric container of some sort of odiferous waste material. I'm not a great pilot, but someone like me could make life more difficult for people who team kill. Regardless of their motives or bovine fecal matter methods.

It's interesting to see how many people feel that team killing is acceptable behavior. Sorry to burst your delusional bubble, but it is NOT.  :facepalm:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Deltavee #52 Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

• 2795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 31 May 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Gee Corvus. I didn't picture you as an anal pore. ANYONE who team kills is a large fabric container of some sort of odiferous waste material. I'm not a great pilot, but someone like me could make life more difficult for people who team kill. Regardless of their motives or bovine fecal matter methods.

It's interesting to see how many people feel that team killing is acceptable behavior. Sorry to burst your delusional bubble, but it is NOT.  :facepalm:

There's a difference between TK, which is definitely a no-no and a swift kick to the ghoolies.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Flying NA and EU

SkyWolf__WM #53 Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:09 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9290 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostDeltavee, on 31 May 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

There's a difference between TK, which is definitely a no-no and a swift kick to the ghoolies.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Taking hit points off of a team mate is bad. :sceptic: I guess YMMV.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Deltavee #54 Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:32 PM

• 2795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 31 May 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Taking hit points off of a team mate is bad. :sceptic: I guess YMMV.

Guess so.  Letting a team killer go about killing team mates without suffering any consequences is doing an injustice to the team.  I definitely don't think it's alright to just let it go unanswered.  A TK is the ultimate in taking hit points off of a team mate.

YMMV.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Flying NA and EU

Deltavee #55 Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

• 2795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostDeltavee, on 31 May 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

Guess so.  Letting a team killer go about killing team mates without suffering any consequences is doing an injustice to the team.  I definitely don't think it's alright to just let it go unanswered.  A TK is the ultimate in taking hit points off of a team mate.

YMMV.

And I definitely do not view a team killer as a team mate, quite the opposite.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Flying NA and EU

losttwo #56 Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:06 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I am definitely with SkyWolf on this matter.

No one should ever do damage to a team mate/bot intentionally nor making it look like an accident.

That 20hp could be the difference between a win and a loss.

I should know. I won a match with 1hp left versus a plane with full hit point. I can provide a video if requested.

That person you damage will be the determining factor for many a win or loss.

The key to a happy and long life is to simply drive in your lane.

Fly your plane the best way you know how or learn to become better.

Stop worrying about how someone plays their plane or team kills.

If you have a team kill then simply report it to the proper authorities and provide a sacrificial goat via fedex.

If you got some fighter hitting GT's then just carry harder. You have no clue what is going on in his head or what he is doing.

Damage or Team killing is a rule violation.

Just like going 85mph in the left hand lane will still get you a speeding ticket.

On a 2 or 3 lane highway that is posted 75mph.

CorvusCorvax #57 Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:11 PM

Captain

• 4238 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDeltavee, on 31 May 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

YMMV.

I never team kill.

I might accidentally fire my guns in a situation where I should have been more careful, however.

Habitual TKers will get banned.  Casual or careless Tkers will eventually learn to keep their wits about them.  I have accidentally killed team mates a handful of times, mostly through mid-air collisions.  Furball going on, I break starboard instead of port, and there's blue-on-blue contact.

I always apologize, even if I had no way of avoiding it.  But on the other end, a team mate who shoots at me on purpose?  Well, I've let them kill me, then reported them.  But after that, making life hard for them?  I have no qualm at all.  None.  Zero. 

Call it whatever you like.  But if I am on your team, my suggestion is that you don't shoot at me.  Once is an accident.  Twice is a little strange.  Three times is on purpose, and now the gloves are off.  And yes, it's not hard to figure out if it is carelessness or purposeful.

CorvusCorvax #58 Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:21 PM

Captain

• 4238 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 31 May 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

That's why I don't team kill.  Even if TK'd.

And I don't know too many people that condone it.  But there is a difference between TKing and making life difficult for the douchenozzle who just TKd you.  Like I said, you can tell when it is accidental or on purpose.  Accidental mid-airs happen, and that's just part of the game.  But accidental shootdowns really don't.  Yes, it's possible, but out of my 3000+ battles, it's happened to me once.  My flightmate shot me down with R4Ms, and not because he aimed them at me, but because I just happened to occupy the wrong airspace at the wrong time.  Once, in all those battles, an actual TK.  But I have been shot at plenty, and run up the back of a whole bunch of times by clueless or malicious players.  Malicious is easy to figure out - it happens more than twice in the same battle.  If you want to turn the other cheek, OK.  I don't plan on it.  Considering I can count those malicious events on one hand with fingers left over, I'm not too worried about being judged over it.

trikke #59 Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:44 PM

Captain

• 3524 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostDeltavee, on 30 May 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

Congrats on 3,000 battles, trikke.  :playing:

thank ya, brother!         just about double my 1.x battle count, with around 2300 in alpha and beta before that         

we've seen some things, haven't we?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Deltavee #60 Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:50 PM

• 2795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 31 May 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

That's why I don't team kill.  Even if TK'd.

And I don't know too many people that condone it.  But there is a difference between TKing and making life difficult for the douchenozzle who just TKd you.  Like I said, you can tell when it is accidental or on purpose.  Accidental mid-airs happen, and that's just part of the game.  But accidental shootdowns really don't.  Yes, it's possible, but out of my 3000+ battles, it's happened to me once.  My flightmate shot me down with R4Ms, and not because he aimed them at me, but because I just happened to occupy the wrong airspace at the wrong time.  Once, in all those battles, an actual TK.  But I have been shot at plenty, and run up the back of a whole bunch of times by clueless or malicious players.  Malicious is easy to figure out - it happens more than twice in the same battle.  If you want to turn the other cheek, OK.  I don't plan on it.  Considering I can count those malicious events on one hand with fingers left over, I'm not too worried about being judged over it.

Well put, Corvus.  We are solidly of an accord on this.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Flying NA and EU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users