Jump to content


Clan Wars coming soon

Clan event mission war losttwo special

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 4396 battles
  • 13,737
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

" here is another fine mess you got us into "

 

OK, hopefully the title will get blindfolds attention.

 

I think I may have a good idea on how to increase population of human entities.

Based on some past promise never fulfilled due to lack of implementation idea's.

One of the reasons so many stuck around through the bot insertion is the idea that Clan Wars would be SOON.

We even went so far as to have a community run Clan Wars event that ultimately failed.

 

After running through the 4 stages of the Red Comet event and the Invasion/ defense system of the last part.

The idea occurred to me that we do not need a land map of an entire area like the USA.

We do not need to show what part of a country everyone controls or holds.

 

If we establish a simplistic point system such as a starting point of 100 for each clan.

Another clan would simply challenge a clan to invade.

A single tier would be agreed upon and the map would be a random invasion map based on that tier.

Attackers could field what ever combination they thought would best result in victory.

Of course the defenders would be able to choose what would best be used to defend.

 

It would play out the same way as the last part of Red Comet with the victory requirement.

No bots or ADA.

The spawn points would have to be adjusted for a more fair defensive attack posture.

There are a few other things WG would have to adjust but over all this is just my rough idea.

 

There already exist a series of maps designed for INVASION.

 

To get started:

If a Clan invades successfully they gain +1 point unless they already hold 100 points.

They claim that particular " invasion " map.

The clan that lost would lose 1 point and gain no map titles.

 

In the process :

A clan could challenge or attack a particular clan.

The defending clan would choose the map from one they hold " title " for.

If the attack is successful then the winning clan is awarded the map title and 1 point.

The defeated of course lose the map title and 1 point.

 

Over all winner of clan wars:

 Any clan that maintains 100 points or the highest point value

would be determined the winner.

If the point values are tied then the clan with the greatest number of victories over all

would be determined the winner.

 

Maps : 

Each Clan will earn a " title " claim to an invasion map for battle purposes.

Each clan could have the same map in their inventory

Example: OWSS could have Eastern Front_6_invasion from previous battle

               OWSS is defending they can choose to defend the above map.

               or have agree to a map or allow one to be randomly chosen.

                GreyWolf Squadron could challenge and win the map title.

               Thus adding a map title to their choices for defending an attack.

If no Clan holds a map title then the battle map is randomly agreed upon or generated.

Each clan can hold the same map titles.

The map titles are just simply used for the a battle field and choice.

 

 

OK so that is my rough idea for implementing a CLAN WARS.

I will give it more thought and more thought as I try to lay out all possibilities.

 

Yes, you can call me delusional or a dreamer.

You can even call me late for dinner.

I really think that a Clan Wars would be great for WOWP.

Your idea's and thoughts are welcome.



trikke #2 Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3379 battles
  • 3,295
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

great idea and with only a small amount of coding needed!       

 

i sure wish WG would share their misgivings on clan wars         have there been PR headaches for clan wars in other titles?

 

we're not tankers, we're responsible adults

 

would clan wars pilots not fly enough regular battles to offset the cost of coding clan battles?     would you pay gold to fly clan wars?

 

would you consider just a 'clan competition'?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

losttwo #3 Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 4396 battles
  • 13,737
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Posttrikke, on 27 May 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

great idea and with only a small amount of coding needed!       

 

i sure wish WG would share their misgivings on clan wars         have there been PR headaches for clan wars in other titles?

 

we're not tankers, we're responsible adults                Speak for yourself on that note, nobody calls me responsible and gets away with it. Wait till I see you in battle.

 

would clan wars pilots not fly enough regular battles to offset the cost of coding clan battles? 

From what I remember most of the former players left not just because of bots and game direction but because Clan Wars was never implemented nor would WG sanction what we as a community tried to do.

 

  would you pay gold to fly clan wars? YES I would be willing to pay gold to participate

 

would you consider just a 'clan competition'?

 

As for clan competitions.

We have had them in the past and even inter clan battles.



SkyWolf__WM #4 Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:45 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8097 battles
  • 4,472
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Posttrikke, on 27 May 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

we're not tankers, we're responsible adults

 

I'm not so sure that we are........:sceptic:


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


Noreaga #5 Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 3,052
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

i had started on something like this way back in the day: i did not get far into it and in hindsight i tried to go too big, maybe some of the ideas i had could help with this

 

 

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/53918-crossover-tournament-template-if-someone-wants-to-pick-it-up/page__p__750301#entry750301


Nimis obnoxii curare


GeorgePatton #6 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:38 PM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1508 battles
  • 5,410
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Posttrikke, on 27 May 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

we're not tankers, we're responsible adults

 

Made me giggle. 

 

On-topic:

 

I don't think the invasion mode would be good for clan battles. It's stacked waaaaay too easily in favor of the attacking force. Allowing a team composition set by the clan would skew the balance even further in favor of the attackers. Imagine 12 IL-40P. With 5 bases they can send at least two to every base. Without ADA they're going to flip those bases in one pass. A simultaneous attack against all bases means the defenders can only send one aircraft against each attacker - if the defenders miscalculate which bases get 3 attackers then they're even further screwed.

 

I would much prefer a clan wars system like World of Warships has where you jump into the CB matchmaker and it matches you against another clan. You have CB statistics, and each win helps you advance to the next league and gives special resources. This would essentially give us PvP mode as Clan Battles. Just give us the old pre-2.0 style 'kill 'em all' mode back. No respawns, no [edited]- just pure shoot 'em up action!

 

Edit: Also like World of Warships participation should be limited to tier 10 aircraft. Rentals should be available as well so players can try new aircraft, just like in Ships.

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


Edited by GeorgePatton, 27 May 2019 - 05:38 PM.

                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


_Bruiser_ #7 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5497 battles
  • 197
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Sigh......like many others before you, you are deluding yourself. Any amount of time thinking about CW is a hopeless endeavor.

 

Yes, you and many others have great ideas for the implementation, but it will never happen. We are still in the testing phases of the game with numerous bugs that are still around and would ruin any kind of competition.

 

Take the game for what it is, a bug filled arcade shooter with super grindy events to get in game goods for free. Free.....discounting the time you spend of course.



losttwo #8 Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:16 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 4396 battles
  • 13,737
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostGeorgePatton, on 27 May 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

 

Made me giggle. 

 

On-topic:

 

 Imagine 12 IL-40P. With 5 bases they can send at least two to every base.

 

< snipped for brevity >

Cheers!
Glenn

 

You do have a valid point. Eventually someone will try to field 12  IL-40Ps. I did not think of that scenario.

As for ships. I am about as clued in as WOWP bug fixers.

 

View Post_Bruiser_, on 27 May 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

Sigh......like many others before you, you are deluding yourself. Any amount of time thinking about CW is a hopeless endeavor.

 

Yes, you and many others have great ideas for the implementation, but it will never happen. We are still in the testing phases of the game with numerous bugs that are still around and would ruin any kind of competition.

 

Take the game for what it is, a bug filled arcade shooter with super grindy events to get in game goods for free. Free.....discounting the time you spend of course.

 

I did say you could call me delusional...:teethhappy:

GeorgePatton #9 Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:23 PM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1508 battles
  • 5,410
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postlosttwo, on 27 May 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

As for ships. I am about as clued in as WOWP bug fixers.

 

Haha! Thanks for the laugh! :)

 

Basically the way it works in ships is they have (I believe...) 5 different 'leagues'. Each league has a mission attached to it - for each of your first 15 wins in the league you receive 100 steel (special currency) that can be exchanged for special ships, consumables, etc. As you advance up the leagues, you're obviously facing more and more experienced opponents and it becomes harder to progress. Of course, the rewards also increase

 

The only difference between CB and Standard Battle in Ships is that in CB each team is limited to 7 players with a team composition of 1 Battleship maximum. Caps work the same, killing people works the same, etc. You don't get to decide who you fight, whoever is in the queue during the set CB time (7pm EST - 11pm EST) gets thrown against anyone in their league that happens to be in the queue. It's like a super-sized platoon or flight. It's really quite fun!

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


EZP_MRKARP #10 Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:44 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7566 battles
  • 305
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

clan wars will never happen wg would have to do work on the game and we all know what that means bugs and lag and missing things

 



trikke #11 Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:08 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3379 battles
  • 3,295
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

maybe it's the word 'clan'?        does it a negative connotation in russian?

 

i'm a straw-grasper


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

losttwo #12 Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:20 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 4396 battles
  • 13,737
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Posttrikke, on 27 May 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

maybe it's the word 'clan'?        does it a negative connotation in russian?

 

i'm a straw-grasper

 

paper or plastic

gerr22 #13 Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4645 battles
  • 572
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
PLEASE

BB3_Oregon_Steel #14 Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:03 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1251 battles
  • 402
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

Well, if Clans are ever going to be more than a source for flights and just hanging out, they have to have some function that benefits the members which can in turn create the critical mass of Clans and players to make CW Work.  I strongly suspect we don't have that, so baby steps are in order as a proof of concept to see if the players here can build the kind of foundation that CW would need. 

 

Over on the ships side, WG took this approach to the CW issue and started it all out with the "Naval Base".  

 

The Naval Base or in WOWPs parlance, the Aerodrome, is a place which the Clan builds structures with each structure providing members of the clan with certain economic bonuses. Structures are built through the acquisition of Oil (or avgas for WOWP's) which the Clan members acquire by performing certain daily tasks or events where oil can be earned.  Once you accumulate enough oil, the Clan then builds out the 1st tier structure, say the Factory which reduces the purchase price of Tier 1-4 aircraft by 15% (which can be expanded to Tier 5-7 and then 8-10 with successive expansions).  Maybe you build a Hanger which reduces the Post Battle repair costs of aircraft etc ... ... ... . 

 

This gives players a benefit from being in a clan and the daily work to obtain oil keeps them coming back on a regular basis, thereby increasing the overall active player base.  

 

If that turns successful, then you take the next step, then the next until you have the critical mass of players and clans to make CW work.  Right now, I seriously doubt WOWPs has that and until it exists, there's really no reason for WG to drive in the type of investment of time and resources needed to make that work.  An Aerodrome however ... well something like that might be possible and economically effective even with the current player base and that could lead to better things. 

 


Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 28 May 2019 - 10:12 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


losttwo #15 Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 4396 battles
  • 13,737
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 28 May 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

 

 

 

Thanks for you input. :honoring:

Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:17 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 21456 battles
  • 3,055
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 28 May 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

Well, if Clans are ever going to be more than a source for flights and just hanging out, they have to have some function that benefits the members which can in turn create the critical mass of Clans and players to make CW Work.  I strongly suspect we don't have that, so baby steps are in order as a proof of concept to see if the players here can build the kind of foundation that CW would need. 

 

Over on the ships side, WG took this approach to the CW issue and started it all out with the "Naval Base".  

 

The Naval Base or in WOWPs parlance, the Aerodrome, is a place which the Clan builds structures with each structure providing members of the clan with certain economic bonuses. Structures are built through the acquisition of Oil (or avgas for WOWP's) which the Clan members acquire by performing certain daily tasks or events where oil can be earned.  Once you accumulate enough oil, the Clan then builds out the 1st tier structure, say the Factory which reduces the purchase price of Tier 1-4 aircraft by 15% (which can be expanded to Tier 5-7 and then 8-10 with successive expansions).  Maybe you build a Hanger which reduces the Post Battle repair costs of aircraft etc ... ... ... . 

 

This gives players a benefit from being in a clan and the daily work to obtain oil keeps them coming back on a regular basis, thereby increasing the overall active player base.  

 

If that turns successful, then you take the next step, then the next until you have the critical mass of players and clans to make CW work.  Right now, I seriously doubt WOWPs has that and until it exists, there's really no reason for WG to drive in the type of investment of time and resources needed to make that work.  An Aerodrome however ... well something like that might be possible and economically effective even with the current player base and that could lead to better things. 

 

 

You make too much sense for the geniuses at WG to listen to you.  If only it could be though.  9sigh)

 

:medal:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)





Also tagged with Clan, event, mission, war, losttwo, special

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users