Jump to content


Part 4 Red Comet and losttwo

red commet losttwo events specials

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:10 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 2415 battles
  • 13,425
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

First let me start out by saying I played 29 matches, lost 27.

Now I am back to a 51.71%.

My fault since I stubbornly played two plane I had no business in trying to play.

Then again some of those matches I just clicked into, then when it started clicked out of.

Heck one of them was a draw,

I just do not know how you all play bombers, I just do not get it.

 

This part of the event has so much potential.

I can see this as a great CLAN WARS set up. If you have enough humans and NO BOT

and NO ADA.

Granted I lost every match do to my lack of knowledge about bombers and

I either had all bots on my teams or the dumbest humans MM could find.

 

I did do one match in my P-36 and was doing fairly well. Simple process of taking out the ADA and flipping the cap.

When I clicked on the end of battle report it was only 1 human on the other side.

No wonder i lost. Could not gets bots to understand to take out the ADA.

 

This is definitely not an event you want to be stuck relying on bots while being on the attacking team.

All 29 of my matches were from the attacking side.

Not a single game was I on the defensive side.

 

Would be nice to see Wargaming try this mode with a CLAN BATTLES theme.

No fillers, No bots. Let the humans decide what they want to field.

Go for it.

 

Other than that, I have no desire to even click into the 2nd part of this last stage.

I do not even think I want to waste time playing WOWP and the bot armies.

 

Certainly have no desire to continue the bombers any further than I did yesterday.

 

 



Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:46 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19183 battles
  • 2,547
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I also had a rough day.  The head hunting super bot heavies were doubled.  Try with a wingman in a heavy?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 64 battles
  • 4,167
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

 


losttwo #4 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:27 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 2415 battles
  • 13,425
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 25 May 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

I also had a rough day.  The head hunting super bot heavies were doubled.  Try with a wingman in a heavy?

 

or do not play bombers

hoom #5 Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 6817 battles
  • 1,388
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Bombers and GA are always on Attack in this mode.

There would be nothing for them to do in Defense.

 

And yes they cranked the bot aggression way up.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:04 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19183 battles
  • 2,547
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

I kept coming in at #1 in Defeat.  Very aggravating seeing how the MM was deciding the games with which team got the power bots.

 

We could save some time by flipping a coin!


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #7 Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:49 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 2415 battles
  • 13,425
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 25 May 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

I kept coming in at #1 in Defeat.  Very aggravating seeing how the MM was deciding the games with which team got the power bots.

 

We could save some time by flipping a coin!

 

After ten defeats in my bomber I just simply hit the battle button. After the battle started went back to hangar and chose the next bomber..rinse and repeat.

Didn't even bother trying just played the numbers game until I got tired.



ClosedCoffin #8 Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:12 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7455 battles
  • 279
  • [MRCS] MRCS
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013

View Postlosttwo, on 25 May 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

 

After ten defeats in my bomber I just simply hit the battle button. After the battle started went back to hangar and chose the next bomber..rinse and repeat.

Didn't even bother trying just played the numbers game until I got tired.

 

Did you do this to help your win rate in bombers?

I doubt that it worked out for you.

Is there another type of gain you'll get by doing this.

Just curious.



mad_dog_morgan #9 Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:30 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7854 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-18-2017
another poorly balanced mode defenders have it all there way 

mad_dog_morgan #10 Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:33 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7854 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-18-2017
a defender all you have to do is defend two zones against everything you can a heavy is best for this game something with speed I feel for capt underpants he fly's bombers for a reason hell i like my soviet attack planes but the defending fighters ate me alive.

losttwo #11 Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:50 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 2415 battles
  • 13,425
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostClosedCoffin, on 25 May 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

 

Did you do this to help your win rate in bombers?

I doubt that it worked out for you.

Is there another type of gain you'll get by doing this.

Just curious.

 

I did get 2 of the 5 wins towards the 100 gold.

Of course I did it to help my win rate in bombers.

#1 priority in life is to be better than WW or Prenz in bombers.

 



CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:52 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3160 battles
  • 3,570
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 25 May 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

First let me start out by saying I played 29 matches, lost 27.

Now I am back to a 51.71%.

My fault since I stubbornly played two plane I had no business in trying to play.

Then again some of those matches I just clicked into, then when it started clicked out of.

Heck one of them was a draw,

I just do not know how you all play bombers, I just do not get it.

 

 

 

 

The secret is if you're playing a bomber, you get help in the form of a heavy fighter as an escort, or an MRF as a flak buster.  Soloing a stronghold is almost impossible, because how much flak there is.  In SEAD mode, an MRF (or a high-tier HF) can make life easier for you by allowing you to concentrate on bombing and self-defense.

 

Today, I helped a bomber pilot in a B-32 get his five wins in bombers.  I played my Dora and my 109G, and a couple of Tu-1s.  Enough Dora, in fact, to help him get both his bomber five and his GAA five.  And my MRF five.  :)  We won all but twice.

 

He paid me a very high compliment - he said I was the best cover wingman he'd ever had.

 

But it's easy if I have a bomber/GAA pilot who does a few things:

 

1.)  Tell me, where are we going?  I'd  like to know so I precede you into the cap area, so I can take out flak guns.  I also draw the ADA to me, so you don't have to do anything but bomb/blow stuff up.

 

2.)  Tell me where we are going next.  I can set up my runs so that by the time I have taken out the flak and drawn off the ADA, you are dropping your bombs, and I can get the hell out of Dodge.  AND be headed toward the next cap, or checking out if you have anyone coming to attack you.

 

3.)  If you're getting harassed by the enemy, fly toward me.  I fly high-alpha aircraft, and if they are watching you, they aren't paying attention to my opening salvo.  Then I get to split-S and finish them off, as they are forgetting all about you.  Or you finish them off with your turrets.  Either is fine.

 

4.)  Designate enemy to attack.  If you want me to hunt red bombers/heavies/MRF, I'm your man. Hands down the best at this is Zigfried.  I never have to think about who I'm going to attack next.  All I have to do is work on a tactical solution.

 

Bottom line:  If you want to win on attack, take a buddy.  I helped a guy win 200 gold today by just covering his tail, and preventing the flak from ripping him up.  I am happy to do it.  I got 200 gold out of the deal as well - MRF and HF.



losttwo #13 Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:52 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 2415 battles
  • 13,425
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

in other news I got 2 wins in my P-51H tonight,  got the medal in the 2nd battle

boring battles and logged out.

 

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 25 May 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

 

The secret is if you're playing a bomber, don't play solo.

 Would have been easier, shorter and to the point. :P


Edited by losttwo, 26 May 2019 - 05:53 AM.


CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3160 battles
  • 3,570
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 26 May 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

 

 Would have been easier, shorter and to the point. :P

 

That's true.  But I've had some TERRIBLE partners who fly off and don't communicate at all, and the results there have been really mixed.  Not playing solo, that's only the very beginning, and just by itself is not enough.

trikke #15 Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:40 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3079 battles
  • 2,924
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

i make a solemn promise to be a good wingman in every battle       but i always go full-on ADD on him

 

he's so used to it, but it's got to be frustrating            when i remember, i'm a fairly decent flight partner

 

i hope


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

losttwo #16 Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:12 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 2415 battles
  • 13,425
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 26 May 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

 

That's true.  But I've had some TERRIBLE partners who fly off and don't communicate at all, and the results there have been really mixed.  Not playing solo, that's only the very beginning, and just by itself is not enough.

 

I had a good wingman the other day.

We split up at match start and he took the left military base, I took the right.

We held them to win the match ( 3 cap maps )

Think we did 3 matches together like that.



Bobby_Tables #17 Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:47 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6118 battles
  • 1,755
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View Postlosttwo, on 26 May 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

 

I had a good wingman the other day.

We split up at match start and he took the left military base, I took the right.

We held them to win the match ( 3 cap maps )

Think we did 3 matches together like that.

 

Yeah, right.  Who would wingman with you?    

 

Get real here.  The only wingman you will ever have is the fruit fly that lands on your monitor.  

 

Other than that, YOU are the wingman my friend.  Deal with it.  

 

Love,

 

Bobby_T


Edited by Bobby_Tables, 27 May 2019 - 03:48 AM.


losttwo #18 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:43 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 2415 battles
  • 13,425
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 May 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

 

Yeah, right.  Who would wingman with you?    

 

Get real here.  The only wingman you will ever have is the fruit fly that lands on your monitor.  

 

Other than that, YOU are the wingman my friend.  Deal with it.  

 

Love,

 

Bobby_T

 

That's how you know they are new pilots and not vets.

They are willing to be my wing man.

:popcorn:

No body flights with me and gets away with it.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users