I STRONGLY dislike this event

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

qu33kKC #21 Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5926 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

FWIW, I had a blast flying Fighters this afternoon.  Sure, most of the games were only 1 or maybe 2 humans on a side, but it was constant action and a lot of fun.  Had a couple of fun tussles with human pilots along the way.  I didn't catch the name of the FALCO pilot in the 109-Z, but you flew like a champ, buddy. 

got a bit of gold, two crates, and a Token or two for epic medals.  We'll see what the crates bring tomorrow, although I'm not confident about the doubling given the progress bar when I logged off.

losttwo #22 Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:23 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 2215 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

OK so, on a scale of 0-10

10 being the most hated

what would you rate this entire event as.

sandtiger #23 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 19358 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 26 May 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

10 being the most hated

that a rough one  i can have fun  with  all the other

event parts but the one the ran thing week end mad me just

dis like  the hole week end of fly so i well have to be nice and give it a 

5 because i did not love it and the last part made me hate every day of fly my high tier planes

was not have fun and no amount of free gold or crates can fix that dislike  so 5

Edited by sandtiger, 27 May 2019 - 05:17 AM.

sandtiger #24 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 19358 battles
now if you where talking about the last dayd of it i give that a 10 on the if i never see it again i well be happy

sandtiger #25 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 19358 battles

View Postqu33kKC, on 26 May 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

FWIW, I had a blast flying Fighters this afternoon.  Sure, most of the games were only 1 or maybe 2 humans on a side, but it was constant action and a lot of fun.  Had a couple of fun tussles with human pilots along the way.  I didn't catch the name of the FALCO pilot in the 109-Z, but you flew like a champ, buddy. 

got a bit of gold, two crates, and a Token or two for epic medals.  We'll see what the crates bring tomorrow, although I'm not confident about the doubling given the progress bar when I logged off.

glad you had fun  with it  at least someone  like there time fly that good 

will hope your crates  give you some thing cool  there where some cool prize you could get if

the luck was with you

Edited by sandtiger, 27 May 2019 - 05:30 AM.

Mercsn #26 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:18 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2210 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 26 May 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

10 being the most hated

This may surprise you, but as much as I hated the event, I'm going to rate it a 10 and hope WG does them more often.  Why? Am I crazy??  Here's why.  When dropping to tier 3 (down from tier 4) to do my tier 1-4 token missions, I discovered that tier 3 is guaranteed to be top tier during the event and that it usually led to very fun matches.  They were either bot slaughterfests or, occasionally, some other capable human was on the red team (either farming w/r or dodging the event?) and I ended up having several "good" knife-fights like we used to have way back in beta (before sectors, obviously) where you'd end up going round and round with a guy for several minutes before someone found advantage or luck. 

Also, tier 4 seemed to be solidly tier 4 the couple times I did try it, so that might appeal to some people trying to play tier 4, without having to face tier 5.  I honestly hadn't payed much attention to what the tier split was in previous phases as I was usually doing 5+ and it seemed like the normal 2 tier split.  Yesterday, I only tried the couple tier 4 matches before giving up on that event, so I can't say if the split was still there at tier 5+.  

Overall, the event was interesting, but poorly balanced and not well thought out.  I can't stand bots or matchmaker deciding the match outcome (this is usually what causes me to walk away from the game for months); this event added attack or defend as a strong indicator of who would win (2 humans foolishly queued up as ga?  guaranteed to lose because they are on attack and the enemy humans will eat their bots, using up respawns and getting a kill-all victory).

It was a terrible event. I rate it a 10 and hope they do it again so I can go wreck stuff in my tier 3s!

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

qu33kKC #27 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5926 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postsandtiger, on 27 May 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

glad you had fun  with it  at least someone  like there time fly that good 

will hope your crates  give you some thing cool  there where some cool prize you could get if

the luck was with you

alas, no doubles, and nothing other than Common stuff out of the two that I had.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CorvusCorvax #28 Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:10 AM

Captain

• 3116 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postlosttwo, on 27 May 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

10 being the most hated

Currently, I rate it as a 3.  It has been a lot more fun than I thought it might be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users