WOWS and WOT Premium accounts and impact on WOWPs

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

BB3_Oregon_Steel #1 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 854 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

I just thought I'd share this observation. 

WOWPs is my secondary game with WOWS being my main.  One of the neat things that got me coming back here were the low tier airplane/tank/ship bundles with Premium time. I love new stuffs, it wasn't very expensive and I'd end up with a new toy to play with and Premium time I could use anywhere. 

This made it attractive to me to not simply concentrate on WOWS but also to dip into WOWPs to play a bit because no matter where I went, my premium time wasn't being wasted.  

The introduction first of WOWS specific premium time and now WOTS specific premium time has put a stop to all of that. 

Premium Time types don't "stack".  For example, lets say I have 30 days of WOWS Premium time and I buy a bundle for planes that has 15 days of normal Premium time.  That normal Premium Time I bought in the airplane bundle does not "stack" on top of the 30 days of WOWS Premium Time I already have there.  Further, If I buy a bundle in either WOTs or WOWS, any premium time in the bundle is going to be specific to that game only. The option to buy those bundles including normal Premium Time do not exist. 

So what does that mean to me and my spending habits. 

1) Bundles with Premium Time in either WOWPs or WOTs are no longer all that attractive. The only way to get value out of them is to drop WOWS for the time span the Premium Time is active (which, if I have WOWS Premium Time as well, means either I waste it, or the new time I just bought in the bundle). 

2) Because the Premium Time in these bundles is no longer as useful, the value of the bundle to me decreases and makes me far less likely to buy that bundle if it's not in my "main" game.  Because I don't have nifty new aircraft in my hangers to play with, it also significantly reduces the draw to return here in trade off to wasting WOWS time that might be on that account. 

I think this actually creates an unintended disincentive for players on multiple WG platforms to come and play here in WOWPs which is the platform that needs traffic directed to it more than any other. 

Not sure if anything can be done about it, but just thought I'd mention it anyway. 

hoom #2 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6747 battles

Block Quote

I think this actually creates an unintended disincentive for players on multiple WG platforms to come and play here in WOWPs which is the platform that needs traffic directed to it more than any other. 

Yep, its a disapponting retrograde step from WG.

There isn't a good excuse for it at all.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

White_Widow18 #3 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7259 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 22 May 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

WOWPs is my secondary game with WOWS being my main.  One of the neat things that got me coming back here were the low tier airplane/tank/ship bundles with Premium time. I love new stuffs, it wasn't very expensive and I'd end up with a new toy to play with and Premium time I could use anywhere. 

This made it attractive to me to not simply concentrate on WOWS but also to dip into WOWPs to play a bit because no matter where I went, my premium time wasn't being wasted.  

The introduction first of WOWS specific premium time and now WOTS specific premium time has put a stop to all of that. 

Premium Time types don't "stack".  For example, lets say I have 30 days of WOWS Premium time and I buy a bundle for planes that has 15 days of normal Premium time.  That normal Premium Time I bought in the airplane bundle does not "stack" on top of the 30 days of WOWS Premium Time I already have there.  Further, If I buy a bundle in either WOTs or WOWS, any premium time in the bundle is going to be specific to that game only. The option to buy those bundles including normal Premium Time do not exist. 

1) Bundles with Premium Time in either WOWPs or WOTs are no longer all that attractive. The only way to get value out of them is to drop WOWS for the time span the Premium Time is active (which, if I have WOWS Premium Time as well, means either I waste it, or the new time I just bought in the bundle). 

2) Because the Premium Time in these bundles is no longer as useful, the value of the bundle to me decreases and makes me far less likely to buy that bundle if it's not in my "main" game.  Because I don't have nifty new aircraft in my hangers to play with, it also significantly reduces the draw to return here in trade off to wasting WOWS time that might be on that account. 

Not sure if anything can be done about it, but just thought I'd mention it anyway. 

That's why I stopped playing WoWS again to be honest.
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

losttwo #4 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:46 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 2215 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

What was it I said in another thread.

Something like, WG is shooting themselves in the foot not catering to casual players.

Granted I only play WOWP with out buying premium time.

If I played all 3 games I would be very irritated to the point of not playing any of them.

I understand the need for a company to make money but you actually lose more when you do not cater to your consumers.

Not saying the customer is always right, that is a [edited]statement and way for a customer to justify bad behavior.

Then again not taking a player base into consideration is just as bad.

The night air is full of the sound of slamming doors.

As players walk away.

The only thing left is the puzzled look on hardcore players faces.

The only thing that remains is the whisper of " why ? "

Edited by losttwo, 23 May 2019 - 09:03 AM.

White_Widow18 #5 Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7259 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
This has nothing to do with casual vs. hardcore as it is an effect on -all- players regardless of status. No need to be petty or divisive and carry over arguments from other threads when there's no argument here either.

Edited to Add: Besides, if WoWS was still overlapping premium time like it was you might not have to deal with me and my opposition so much, I'd think you'd cheer that as a concept and it would upset you that they made us stuck here together ;) 

Edited by White_Widow18, 23 May 2019 - 01:03 AM.

Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18925 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 22 May 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

I only play WoWP but you make a good argument.  We miss seeing more of you.

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Silvin #7 Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1643 battles
  • [SF] SF

But you can still earn or buy regular premium time that applies to all three titles. I never get game specific time and when it is a reward for a mission in a specific game it is only for a day or so.

However, I agree with your point that game-specific premium time should stop elapsing when you have regular premium time and decrease the bonuses accordingly (or at least give the players the option to freeze their WoT or WoWS premium time while spending regular premium time).

Blindfold, is that a suggestion that can be sent upstream? Obviously it is not just for the devs since it also has financial implications for WG.

Thanks!

Edited by Silvin, 23 May 2019 - 05:48 AM.

My tier 10 vehicles

WoT (12): E 100, Jagdpanzer E 100, E 50 M, G.W. E 100, Object 140, IS-7, Batignolles-Châtillon 25 t, AMX 50 Foch B, AMX 50 Foch (155), AMX 13 105, T57, T110E5

WoWP (9): IL-40P, Yak-30, Me 262 III, F-86A, XF-90, F7U, Me P.1102 B, Me P.1101, Swift

WoWS (16): Montana, Des Moines, Worcester, Salem, Gearing, Midway, Yamato, Hakuryu, Shimakaze, Zao, Minotaur, Großer Kurfürst, Hindenburg, Khabarovsk, République, Henri IV

losttwo #8 Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:08 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 2215 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 22 May 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

This has nothing to do with casual vs. hardcore as it is an effect on -all- players regardless of status. No need to be petty or divisive and carry over arguments from other threads when there's no argument here either.

Edited to Add: Besides, if WoWS was still overlapping premium time like it was you might not have to deal with me and my opposition so much, I'd think you'd cheer that as a concept and it would upset you that they made us stuck here together ;) 

OK I fixed my post to make you happy.

I actually would not care nor notice one way or the other.

Sort of like my ex-wife who I have ignored every attempt to contact me in the past 3 years.

GeisterKatze #9 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 37 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR

View Posthoom, on 22 May 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yep, its a disapponting retrograde step from WG.

There isn't a good excuse for it at all.

Look at it from a business stand-point.  WG may be thinking "Why give away free premium in two of our three main titles just because a player buys premium in the third?  Make them pay for premium in ALL titles!"

My Dad

he flew J-3 Cubs, AT-6 Texans, T-33 Shooting Stars, B-47 StratoJets, and B-52 StratoFortresses.

losttwo #10 Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 2215 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeisterKatze, on 23 May 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

Look at it from a business stand-point.  WG may be thinking "Why give away free premium in two of our three main titles just because a player buys premium in the third?  Make them pay for premium in ALL titles!"

like the insurance equation.

GeorgePatton #11 Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 600 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I think the separation of premium time is a business decision to separate revenue streams for each game. If I had to venture a guess, I’d say WoWP just doesn’t have the development power to revamp the system so they’re leaving the ‘old’ premium system in place because the other two games already have their own systems. They don’t expect people in Warplanes to go over to Tanks or Ships enough to make a difference in their revenue streams so this (leaving standard premium time in Warplanes) is the most economical decision for them as they don’t have to spend the development time on a new premium system for WoWP.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #12 Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 854 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostSilvin, on 22 May 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

But you can still earn or buy regular premium time that applies to all three titles. I never get game specific time and when it is a reward for a mission in a specific game it is only for a day or so.

However, I agree with your point that game-specific premium time should stop elapsing when you have regular premium time and decrease the bonuses accordingly (or at least give the players the option to freeze their WoT or WoWS premium time while spending regular premium time).

Blindfold, is that a suggestion that can be sent upstream? Obviously it is not just for the devs since it also has financial implications for WG.

Thanks!

Yes, you can buy old fashioned Premium time, however, if you are awarded Premium Time in World of Tanks or World of Warship it will always be WOT Premium or WOWS Premium Time.  If you buy a bundle, which I like to do, in WOT or WOWS any premium time attached to that bundle is going to be WOT or WOWS Premium Time. 

The only game that now bundles with regular WG Premium Time is WOWP's

The only time it makes sense now to go with regular Premium Time is if ... 

1) You have no game specific WOT or WOWS time in those respective games. 

2) There is a special deal either for heavily discounted WG Premium time (which they do not do) or a attractive bundle with WG Premium Time attached (which will only happen in WOWPs). 

For me, I have about 290 days of WOWS Premium time so really none of the Premium Time offers for either WOWPs or WOT's are going to have much interest for me until that time runs out.  

hoom #13 Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6747 battles

Block Quote

WG may be thinking "Why give away free premium in two of our three main titles just because a player buys premium in the third?  Make them pay for premium in ALL titles!"

Oh I realise its that logic certainly.

But its not a good excuse to make such a retrograde move relative to player experience.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:52 PM

Captain

• 3120 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I haven't played tanks in months.  The last time I played, I did OK, but people were still griping about play.  Tanks can be really fun if you are playing with a good group, but it can be a serious drag when you're playing with salty losers.

At least in WoWP, folks are mostly nice.  Heck, even the saltiest b@st@rds on the forums are nice when in flight.  But not having money and premium time carry over would keep me from playing tanks ever again.  I make gobs of money in WP, and would probably spend it in Tanks.  But if they separate out all the experience and money, why bother playing across the WG line-up?  If I could, I might actually spend more time, overall, gaming.  And that means for WG, overall, more money.

Right?

HoujuuNue #15 Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7819 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE
First the doubloons and then wows premium, what's next? WoT gold???

BB3_Oregon_Steel #16 Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 854 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 22 May 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

I only play WoWP but you make a good argument.  We miss seeing more of you.

:medal:

Thanks Cap :honoring:

I somehow ended up in command of a WOWS Clan and being the fearless leader there and rl work have sort of been kicking my little tushy.  

Btw, flew my first mission in my bright shiny new HE-111 and absolutely fell in love with that plane, and *gasp* its not even a Bi-plane.  Who would have thought such a thing could be :ohmy: 

BB3_Oregon_Steel #17 Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 854 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostHoujuuNue, on 25 May 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

First the doubloons and then wows premium, what's next? WoT gold???

They already have that. 

The point is that game specific Premium Time can cause harm to WOWPs since the Premium Time bought in WOT or WOWS can't be used with WOWPs.  This makes it less advantageous to multi-platform players such as myself than normal WG premium.  So why not just buy normal WG Premium? 

Well I'm a little cost conscious so I'm looking for a deal, something that provides me with more benefit than I would ordinarily receive.  Is the price discounted, are there valuable benefits bundled with Premium Time that make it more attractive, those sort of things.  As I said earlier, I would tend to go for Premium Time bundled with a low tier plane, tank or ship. 

While normal WG Premium Time is purchaseable, it is never offered at a discount or as a part of any attractive bundle.  If one is going to purchase WG Premium Time, it must be bought at it's full undiscounted cost.  

Worse, WG Premium Time doesn't "stack" with any other type of Premium Time.  For example, if I have 40 days of WOWS Premium Time and I buy 30 days of normal WG Premium Time, the WG Premium Time does not get added to my total to give me 40 days of WOWS Premium Time and an additional 30 days of WG Premium Time.  The WOWS Premium Time cancels out the WG Premium Time as far as WOWS is concerned.  As such, the 30 days of WG Premium Time can now only be used in WOWPs or WOTs (provided that I don't have any WOT's Premium Time). 

Sure you can argue that this is a great economic decision by WG, but to be honest, that's a hard argument to make.  The cost of WOWS or WOTs Premium Time is no more than the same amount of WG Premium Time.  People who stick to one game platform aren't going to be seriously incentivized to purchase more game specific time than they would have purchased WG premium time had not WOWS Premium Time existed.  The need to buy Premium Time remains the same as do the pool of players who would be motivated to buy it. 

What it does do is make it less attractive to play other platforms outside of a players "main" platform.  If I have WOWS Premium Time, there's always the thought in the back of your head that playing on one of the other platforms is wasting the WOWS Premium Time by playing either WOTs or WOWPs so that will tend to channel a players efforts to the game where they have existing Premium Time. 

You also disincentive players who might be willing to buy bundles with Premium Time in one platform to use in one or more of the other platforms. That incentive has now been largely eliminated as have the sales WG may have garnered from such players, hence a reduction in sales. 

The only way this actually works in WG favor economically is if there are multiplatform players who are willing to buy WOTs Premium Time (for Tanks), WOWS Premium Time (for ships) and WG Premium Time (for planes).  If you have a lot of those then yes, it makes sense economically.  The question is, how many players of this type are out there and are they enough to create more profit than is lost.  

On the other hand, however you slice this, it's bad for WOWPs.  However small, the previous setup of Premium Time provided an incentive to play multiple platforms since none of the Premium Time would be "wasted" by doing so. Bundles for one game with Premium could be used across all platforms so I could buy a T2 Tank with 30 days of Premium Time bundled with the idea that I would use most of it for WOWS, however I now have a bring shiny new tank sitting in WOT's which would draw me back to that game to have fun getting a bit of use out of it.  The same thing happened with planes. 

That is now largely gone which shuts off one more stream of incoming players to a game that desperately needs as many new players as it can find. 

Is this a problem for me in particular, not a great deal.  I can do the analysis and I know where my premium time and the advantages it brings are.  If I feel the need to fly a plane every now and then, WOWPs is still here but because of the way Premium Time is now structured, it's far more advantageous for me to be sailing ships rather than driving tanks or flying planes. 

I'm not sure that works in WG's best interests, it may but I don't have the data to make that analysis.  On the other hand, it's clear this is not a good deal for WOWPs and I care enough about the game that I thought it should be mentioned. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 28 May 2019 - 09:45 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #18 Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3975 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 28 May 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

While normal WG Premium Time is purchaseable, it is never offered at a discount or as a part of any attractive bundle.  If one is going to purchase WG Premium Time, it must be bought at it's full undiscounted cost.  

Premium time used to be offered at discounts.  Last time I purchased with real $ was this November 2016 Wot deal.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/47461-360-days-of-premium-52-off/

On a positive note though, with planes, you can grind the credits to trade for 30 day premium.  So in a round about way they incentivize playing here if you want to share it with your wows/wot game time.  Same with hangar space.  Wot/wows doesn’t have this feature.

I think that’s enough praise for WG.  Before they remove these features...

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You- Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax  They just go on inventing new not-asked-for stuff before fixing what people clearly don't like ...”- GonerNL █ There is a difference between arcade and this roll your face on the keyboard simulator” - Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai  “The real question of the day: Is there room for one more quote in Bubba‘s signature? I certainly hope so.”- MelBrooks  They had to make some space for your signature” - Marsco

StoptheViolins #19 Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2168 battles
At the launch of the new game specific premium time any premium time I had was mirrored as game specific time. WG won't put premium time on hold nor can they afford to give up potential income by essentially doubling previously bought premium time.

What would be nice is if game specific time also added to the non-game specific time on any new game time purchased.

The long short of it is WG is backing out of the premium time for all route that they took years ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users