• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #21 Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:34 PM

Captain

• 4107 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 22 May 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

You're joking right ?

There are people that rush up the tiers to get the better plane.

ID10T errors that think the higher tier plane is the answer to winning.

Not once thinking about learning how to play.

Almost as dumb as the " this is a pay to win game " morons.

Well, that's all true.  The other day, I was in a battle with my T9 Batplane, and the other human on my team was in a Yak-15.  Now, at T8, in a tech-tree plane, you'd think the guy would have a clue.

After the third time he got shot down in-zone, giving red two caps, I asked him to just cover me and I'd get the job done.  "What do you mean, cover?" was his reply.

Seriously, bro?  Have you never, ever played this game before?  I mean, the Yak line is pretty easy to grind up, but you still have to actually win a few here or there.  And downtiered in a flimsy, low-altitude turny fighter, don't you have to sort of pay attention to your surroundings a little?  I posted a 15+k battle, and he was riding right at 4k.  Potap did better in an Su-9.  At T8, in a tech tree plane, shouldn't you have learned the FIRST thing about this game?

I will admit, that it is entirely possible to rage-XP past a couple of tiers, because I did that with the FW-190 line.  I stepped right into the Dora.  But I will be the first to admit that passing the A5 was a mistake.  That plane is GOOD at T6.  The A1 might suck at T5, and raging past that one might be justified.  But dang, how to you get to T8 and not understand how to cover?

losttwo #22 Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:05 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4970 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 22 May 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Well, that's all true.  The other day, I was in a battle with my T9 Batplane, and the other human on my team was in a Yak-15.  Now, at T8, in a tech-tree plane, you'd think the guy would have a clue.

After the third time he got shot down in-zone, giving red two caps, I asked him to just cover me and I'd get the job done.  "What do you mean, cover?" was his reply.

Seriously, bro?  Have you never, ever played this game before?  I mean, the Yak line is pretty easy to grind up, but you still have to actually win a few here or there.  And downtiered in a flimsy, low-altitude turny fighter, don't you have to sort of pay attention to your surroundings a little?  I posted a 15+k battle, and he was riding right at 4k.  Potap did better in an Su-9.  At T8, in a tech tree plane, shouldn't you have learned the FIRST thing about this game?

I will admit, that it is entirely possible to rage-XP past a couple of tiers, because I did that with the FW-190 line.  I stepped right into the Dora.  But I will be the first to admit that passing the A5 was a mistake.  That plane is GOOD at T6.  The A1 might suck at T5, and raging past that one might be justified.  But dang, how to you get to T8 and not understand how to cover?

That was the beauty of 3 man flights during closed beta.

2 experienced pilots would flight up with an noob and teach them.

I learned so much from flighting with Drac's and Ace's

By the time you were at tier 4 you know all the ins and outs of winning.

As you moved up the tiers you could learn how to fly particular planes from others.

People like Bandet, Yoda, Tailspin, Dreamer, Rocket Spammer, 911, Zigfried, Flight, GeorgePatton I can't even remember all of them.

I am probably their biggest disappointment because i still go off and do my own strange things like using fighters for GT's.

One of WG biggest FUBARS was getting rid of 3 man flights.

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:06 PM

Captain

• 22369 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I always thought it amusing, if they were red, blue not so much, when a guy takes his new fighter and tries to ground pound with it.  I suspect they get caught up in the hype of newer, faster, harder hitting guns.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

LMG #24 Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 22 May 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

You're joking right ?

There are people that rush up the tiers to get the better plane.

ID10T errors that think the higher tier plane is the answer to winning.

Not once thinking about learning how to play.

Almost as dumb as the " this is a pay to win game " morons.

Well, the game has evolved into P2W after 2.0.5. While it won't directly win you matches, gold consumables are straight up better versions in every aspect of non-gold consumables. Especially when it comes to ground pounding, where you get about double damage vs ground targets, increased bomb explosion radius or increased bomb explosion radius + increased bomb explosion damage. And that's not taking into account the other consumables that make you immune to fires/crew damage/module damage. Hell, WG has even sold already specialized planes :amazed:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Azis_ #25 Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1915 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
I tend to work on ADA as much as possible but look for and will concentrate on Red=enemy planes and even break off of ADA to acquire.
rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

GeisterKatze #26 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 37 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR
Why not make units stay in an area that they've taken air superiority by requiring them to cover AI ground units that come in to capture the site.  Red ADA planes keep appearing to GA the blue ground units capturing, and of course the red players will be more apt to come back and try to push blue "off cap".

My Dad

he flew J-3 Cubs, AT-6 Texans, T-33 Shooting Stars, B-47 StratoJets, and B-52 StratoFortresses.

Also tagged with ADA, capture, superiority, losttwo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users