Fight Club - Gauging Interest

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Would You Want to Play? (11 members have cast votes)

Do You Stream?

1. Yes (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. No (9 votes [81.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

Would You Like To Stream This Event?

1. Yes (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. No (8 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

Would You Like To Participate As A Challenger?

1. Yes (8 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. No (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Would You Watch This Event?

1. Yes (7 votes [63.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. No (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

3. Maybe (1 vote [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

GeorgePatton #1 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1685 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Hey Everyone!

I'm thinking about starting a weekly World of Warplanes event where a streamer volunteers to fight anybody that wants to 1v1 on stream. I'm thinking it would need about 3 people who want to 1v1 in order for the format to do well. It would be pure air combat - not using the bases or anything just whoever gets the most kills before the time runs out wins. With 12 minute battle time that's about a 45 minute runtime total?

How many would be interested?

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr #2 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1002 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Sounds cool. What tiers are we talking about here?

GeorgePatton #3 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1685 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

I think do a different tier each week. Start at 6 and work up to 10, rinse and repeat?

Cheers!
Glenn

GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr #4 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1002 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Sounds great. I could only go to tier 8 though because i never ventured off into tier 9 and 10 range.

What about a separate event for lower tiers like tier 3-5? for those that don't have higher tiers and just want to participate?

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

Major

• 32491 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
You lost me with the no bases.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr #6 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1002 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 17 May 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

Maybe there could be an exception where there is just bases with bombers and/or ga's where there is no dog fighting involved?

GeorgePatton #7 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:46 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1685 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostGreatBallsO_Fire_Jr, on 17 May 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Sounds great. I could only go to tier 8 though because i never ventured off into tier 9 and 10 range.

What about a separate event for lower tiers like tier 3-5? for those that don't have higher tiers and just want to participate?

I thought about doing lower-tiers but my reasoning behind my decision to start (potentially) at 6 is that I don't want to give attention to the people running people out of the lower tiers (AKA the seal-clubbers who are making an unnecessary barrier to entry for new people) and rather highlight the people who have developed skills in higher tiers which are usually more competitive. I thought focusing on higher tiers would (hopefully) show newer players some of the strategies that are being used, as well as giving people a chance to see the different playstyles employed once people start to get more comfortable with the game.

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 17 May 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

No bases is because it will be completely 1v1 air combat - who can outmaneuver, outgun, or just outsmart their opponent rather than using the supremacy scoring mechanic against each other. I don't want it to be a hide-and-seek or merry-go-round of base capping. Just pure fighting and action.

Cheers!
Glenn

GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr #8 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1002 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 17 May 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

I thought about doing lower-tiers but my reasoning behind my decision to start (potentially) at 6 is that I don't want to give attention to the people running people out of the lower tiers (AKA the seal-clubbers who are making an unnecessary barrier to entry for new people) and rather highlight the people who have developed skills in higher tiers which are usually more competitive. I thought focusing on higher tiers would (hopefully) show newer players some of the strategies that are being used, as well as giving people a chance to see the different playstyles employed once people start to get more comfortable with the game.

No bases is because it will be completely 1v1 air combat - who can outmaneuver, outgun, or just outsmart their opponent rather than using the supremacy scoring mechanic against each other. I don't want it to be a hide-and-seek or merry-go-round of base capping. Just pure fighting and action.

Cheers!
Glenn

Makes sense. I never thought about it teaching newcomers.

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:43 PM

Major

• 32491 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostGreatBallsO_Fire_Jr, on 17 May 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Maybe there could be an exception where there is just bases with bombers and/or ga's where there is no dog fighting involved?

WWhy not have all?

:unsure:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

Major

• 32491 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostGeorgePatton, on 17 May 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

OK then

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Martymart1976 #11 Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6237 battles
  • [FK] FK
How about just tail gunners, no forward weapons, just tail gunners...no rockets, bombs, rams, just tail gunners...that would be fun! 

trikke #12 Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:04 PM

Captain

• 4875 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

great idea!    i'm game-time-limited, so i wouldn't be able to participate 

but if you get a ton of participation, would you consider battles between similar WR, or average EXb?

being punching bags for unicums isn't as much fun as it sounds

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

GeorgePatton #13 Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:34 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1685 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostMartymart1976, on 18 May 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

How about just tail gunners, no forward weapons, just tail gunners...no rockets, bombs, rams, just tail gunners...that would be fun! 

That sounds like something that would be awesome in the events put on by mnbv_fockewulfe!

View Posttrikke, on 18 May 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

great idea!    i'm game-time-limited, so i wouldn't be able to participate 

but if you get a ton of participation, would you consider battles between similar WR, or average EXb?

being punching bags for unicums isn't as much fun as it sounds

Yeah - I was thinking along the lines of people line up to fight the streamer and the streamer picks which ones they want to fight. That could change, like the thread title says this is just gauging interest and also collecting ideas to make it work for the community rather than just coming up with arbitrary rules/regulations. My vision for it is kindof a 'beef platform' - I think I'm better than player X so I'll challenge him/her on stream. I'm either good enough to win or not. I know there are a lot of good players who you wouldn't expect to be good just looking at their stats. :)

Cheers!
Glenn

trikke #14 Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:43 PM

Captain

• 4875 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

then really a Fight Club!      i would watch that         

my brain was fixated on the style of battles like mnbv's 

wouldn't it be great to be able to switch back and forth from each pilots' POV?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users