Victory Day

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

blindfoId #21 Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 13 May 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

You wouldn't. Their prices were unceremoniously, without much fanfare, changed for the duration of the event. Ingame, there's hardly a way to tell if you didn't already know what their regular prices are.

No, they were not changed. There was an issue when all the missions, modifiers and discounts disappeared which was quickly fixed. And yes, you can tell if there's a discount. There's always a list of discounted aircraft with there initial and discounted price. 

For example, during the Victory Day Special it looked like that:

Spoiler

legoboy0401 #22 Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1425 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 14 May 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

No, they were not changed. There was an issue when all the missions, modifiers and discounts disappeared which was quickly fixed. And yes, you can tell if there's a discount. There's always a list of discounted aircraft with there initial and discounted price. 

Spoiler

Well, hmm. That's all I have to say, because I looked and looked and looked for such, and there was none to be found anywhere on my client, and I tried multiple times on multiple different days.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Chuck_norris10 #23 Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:07 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1410 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Posthoom, on 10 May 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

You're not seriously trying to imply that Canada had more than a peripheral part in the defeat of the nazi scum are you? :amazed:

Yes.Most of the brits trained here,a lot of them 100 kliks from me at nanton and the last remaining dambuster still lives here. We were in it a lot earlier then the Americans were and it took pearl harbour to get them into the war. Even Relic from the beachcombers was a bomber pilot.

The chronicles on this site are awesome.

https://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca/hours-admission/

hoom #24 Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6815 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 14 May 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Spoiler

Hmm, did not realise that is there :ohmy:

Could you suggest adding the normal/discount prices bit direct into the Tree please?

So if my end was showing the non-discounted rate and I purchased would the Server end have taken the correct amount?

Block Quote

Yes.Most of the brits trained here

Certainly within the Commonwealth effort a big part.

Within the overall effort the Soviets killed or captured 10,758,000 out of 13,488,000 total German losses & faced at no point less than 2/3 of German forces -> Canada did jack all relatively.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

White_Widow18 #25 Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7509 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Canada, given its tiny population, did quite a bit. It is, however, disingenuous to act as if they had some outsized portion of effort or even an equal one to the major world powers, especially given that Canada is/was a Commonwealth Nation (Which meant much more then than it does now) and much of the funding, knowledge, etc. for their efforts came from the U.S. and/or Canada's Empirical Mother Nation of Great Britain.

No one, bluntly, faced a more harsh war in the European Theater than the Russians. At least of those powers which remained intact and fought throughout the War. The Pacific Theater is a different matter entirely obviously.. but.
"Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink."
Things said to me when I've won:

Chuck_norris10 #26 Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:56 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1410 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Well I wont argue it,the history speaks for itself.

The link to Canadian pilots I posted speaks for it's self.

We took the brunt of the Dieppe casualties and while liberating Rome were told to stand down so the Americans could claim it as liberated and it was not even defended.

The Canadians in my opinion along with the commonwealth and thousands of pilots who trained here did more then most and who cares about the russians? They were being attacked so of course they were going to send and lose a lot of people.

Totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Chuck_norris10 #27 Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:07 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1410 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Dont make us come burn down your white house again.:teethhappy:

Stalin had a non aggression pact with Hitler till he attacked Poland so you may want to bone up on your history white.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 18 May 2019 - 01:22 AM.

White_Widow18 #28 Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7509 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I'm quite certain I know more of history than you do Chuckles.

I don't know why I bothered.. your ego will never let you see more than your own view.

o7

Carry on Carrying on.. I'd say see you in the air.. but you'd have to play.
"Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink."
Things said to me when I've won:

hoom #29 Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6815 battles

Block Quote

We took the brunt of the Dieppe casualties

Lol.

Dieppe was a single-day complete failure with under 10k men, defeated easily by a much smaller garrison.

Meanwhile over 3 million Germans & Soviets were fighting in the Caucausus & approaches to Stalingrad.

Simultaneously millions more were fighting in ongoing incredibly bloody battles in Rzhev West of Moscow & around Leningrad.

While the Allies faffed around facing all of a single German army in Italy at/around Cassino Jan-May '44 the Soviets defeated Army Group North to clear Leningrad, both branches of Army Group South to clear Ukraine and were preparing for the following near annihilation of Army Group Centre.

Block Quote

The Canadians in my opinion along with the commonwealth and thousands of pilots who trained here did more then most and who cares about the russians?

I said "Fortunately the Soviets stomped those nazi scum into the earth." in response to a now deleted pro-nazi post.

You said "Canadians." as if it was a comparable effort.

Then in response to my incredulous "You're not seriously trying to imply that Canada had more than a peripheral part in the defeat of the nazi scum are you?"

You said "Yes". as in Yes Canadas effort was comparable to the Soviets.

The fact is the vast majority of the fighting & killing of nazi scum was done by the Soviets and Canadians did only very little in comparison.

Block Quote

Stalin had a non aggression pact with Hitler till he attacked Poland

Only because he'd first spent years trying & failing to get UK etc into an anti-Hitler pact while UK etc instead sold out Czechoslovakia to Germany & Poland with the Munich Agreement.

Its clearly you that needs to bone up on history.

Edited by hoom, 18 May 2019 - 03:29 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Captain_Underpants53 #30 Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19156 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostChuck_norris10, on 17 May 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

Dont make us come burn down your white house again.:teethhappy:

Stalin had a non aggression pact with Hitler till he attacked Poland so you may want to bone up on your history white.

Not quite accurate.  The pact between Stalin and Hitler lasted until Hitler attacked Mother Russia, well after Poland was taken by the Germans.  Russia simultaneously attacked Poland from their side because the Germans and the Russians had an agreement to divvy up Poland between them. 

This back and forth about who did more in the war is pointless.  It was a team effort that brought the Allies to victory.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #31 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Posthoom, on 18 May 2019 - 03:18 AM, said:

Hmm, did not realise that is there :ohmy:

Could you suggest adding the normal/discount prices bit direct into the Tree please?

So if my end was showing the non-discounted rate and I purchased would the Server end have taken the correct amount?

It certainly was suggested quite a few times but not implemented still due to technical reasons. I also consider that it would be more convenient and obvious but still you cannot say that there's no any information :)

Yeah, the correct (discounted) amount of silver/gold/XP will be withdrawn from your account when discounts are running. All these currency transactions take place on the server-side and when discounts are on prices will change for the server even if you cannot see them in your client. It's purely a display issue which is usually easily cured by clearing the cache. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users