Jump to content


Navigational Radio Equipment

gear equipment nre

  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

StoptheViolins #21 Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2168 battles
  • 1,225
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
NRE seems like it would be better on RU bombers IF you plan on hunting heavies or other bombers.  But then I'd just go with a targets sight.. not sure where NRE would be useful.

Mercsn #22 Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2293 battles
  • 3,101
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013
You guys using it on HF, do you still draw flak when you cruise into a hostile zone?  I can't imagine WG would let us hide from their hack ai.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

wylleEcoyote #23 Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:21 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4210 battles
  • 613
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 02 May 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

 I don't see NRE replacing sights, just giving an option other -than- sights. Similarly to how I started using cockpit armor on some planes even when people said it didn't make sense because I thought the native accuracy of the guns + MM was enough.
 


THIS.  NRE is gonna be the Reinforced Bolt Carriers of the Cockpit slot. 
IF your forward weapon system is already "just fine" without equipment;
(does it NEED more fire or crit chance? "No, not really")
AND you do not have issues with being on Fire or your pilot getting shot so much (cockpit armor)...
THEN Why not run some enhanced Vision? and equally enhanced stealth?

the bonuses are helpful too.
 

Spoiler

Fair warning. My success rate at speculative guesswork is very hit or miss. Usually I start on the right track and then a make a weird left turn and get lost in the weeds ... 
And yet it doesn't stop me from speculation.
Specialist Planes i have:
USA: XP-31, F1C-2, Model 81A-1, P-40, F4F, P-38F, P-39N-1, P-47B, P-38J, XF15C, XP-58  USSR: Tu-1  UK: DH.100 F1. Japan: not even once.
Germany: Fw 56, Hs 123, Ha 137, He 112, Bf 109 B, Bf 110 C-6, Do 17 Z, Bf 109 E, Bf 109 E-3, Ju 87 G, Fw 190 A-5, Me 410, Do 217 M, Me 265, Me209 A, Do 335 A-1, Me 1099 B-2


legoboy0401 #24 Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1425 battles
  • 1,547
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 03 May 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:


THIS.  NRE is gonna be the Reinforced Bolt Carriers of the Cockpit slot. 
IF your forward weapon system is already "just fine" without equipment;
(does it NEED more fire or crit chance? "No, not really")
AND you do not have issues with being on Fire or your pilot getting shot so much (cockpit armor)...
THEN Why not run some enhanced Vision? and equally enhanced stealth?

the bonuses are helpful too.
 

Spoiler

 

Good playing last night. As for this equipment, I'm still not sure about it. Maybe it would be good on a specialist Ju-288C?

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


SpiritFoxMY #25 Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4305 battles
  • 2,366
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
I think the idea is for bombers to better be able to sneak around undetected and Attack undefended caps. Not really something for fighters unless you're trying to build a meme machine

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


White_Widow18 #26 Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7356 battles
  • 1,406
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
Mmm.. consideration. We are thinking of this in numbers like 1500 feet/500m or whatever as the maximum it'll increase your invis... but I was actually considering. how much of the increase in visibility from boost, damaged engines/tail/etc. does this decrease/override on balance.

I ask that because I noticed last night as I was tooling around that I wasn't being targetted at such long distances when under boost.
"Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink."
Things said to me when I've won:

arrrgh #27 Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2626 battles
  • 475
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I tried mounting it on other planes, didn't have the option.  Possibly I just didn't check the right plane, but I checked other tier 7 heavies, and they didn't get the choice.

From what I could see, only the TU can mount it.

White_Widow18 #28 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7356 battles
  • 1,406
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Postarrrgh, on 03 May 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

I tried mounting it on other planes, didn't have the option.  Possibly I just didn't check the right plane, but I checked other tier 7 heavies, and they didn't get the choice.

From what I could see, only the TU can mount it.

 

T8+ there is a basic NRE not Tu-1 specific. T7 and below, yes, the Tu-1 is all that exists and it -only- fits on the Tu-1
"Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink."
Things said to me when I've won:

CorvusCorvax #29 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:56 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3142 battles
  • 3,531
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 03 May 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

I think the idea is for bombers to better be able to sneak around undetected and Attack undefended caps. Not really something for fighters unless you're trying to build a meme machine

 

If all my T8 stuff didn't have token costs to dismount the sights, I would test the NRE in a LF, HF, MRF and bomber.  I can't do it in a GAA, because my two T8 planes are not specialized.

If someone wanted to gift me tokens, I would perform the experiment and give the results....

SkyWolf__WM #30 Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:02 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5711 battles
  • 4,299
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostGeorgePatton, on 01 May 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

I think the benefits of seeing a little further and not being seen slightly longer don't outweigh the benefit you get from the gunsight. I'd much rather have a more concentrated fire on a target than worry about when I'm going to see or be seen. Plenty of cannon fodder running around keeping things spotted for me.

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn

 

Hello George!  :honoring:


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


hoom #31 Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:47 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 6773 battles
  • 1,375
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Well I've swapped out my Gunsight on Tu-1 for the Navigational Equipment, will give it a bit more time but doesn't seem particularly great so-far.

@ppl who are finding it good, what level do you have it at?

I guess it probably needs to be fully maxed out Ultimate to get all the accuracy buffs & maximise the visual range benefit.

 

 

My experience & why I can't really see it being much use for anything other than high-altitude bombers is that normal fighting planes spend most of their time relatively low & over caps well within visual range of something.

 

A high-flying Bomber is pretty much the only class that can expect to spend a fair amount of time out of visual range -> actually make much use of the thing.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Captain_Underpants53 #32 Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:22 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19005 battles
  • 2,514
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Posthoom, on 04 May 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

Well I've swapped out my Gunsight on Tu-1 for the Navigational Equipment, will give it a bit more time but doesn't seem particularly great so-far.

@ppl who are finding it good, what level do you have it at?

I guess it probably needs to be fully maxed out Ultimate to get all the accuracy buffs & maximise the visual range benefit.

 

 

My experience & why I can't really see it being much use for anything other than high-altitude bombers is that normal fighting planes spend most of their time relatively low & over caps well within visual range of something.

 

A high-flying Bomber is pretty much the only class that can expect to spend a fair amount of time out of visual range -> actually make much use of the thing.

 

I just last night took my Ultimate gun sight off the Tu-1 and mounted the special Nav Aids equipment, Improved, expecting to fall flat on my face with it.  The very next flight I took down more planes than in any of the previous four flights.  Go figure.  Did I mention I am awful with a heavy?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #33 Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:24 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3142 battles
  • 3,531
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 05 May 2019 - 03:22 AM, said:

 

I just last night took my Ultimate gun sight off the Tu-1 and mounted the special Nav Aids equipment, Improved, expecting to fall flat on my face with it.  The very next flight I took down more planes than in any of the previous four flights.  Go figure.  Did I mention I am awful with a heavy?

 

I'm not sure why this plane does so well, but the derp guns from forever away really can make life tough for the other team.  Add that to airplane stealth mode offered by the special radar set, and you can fly around the map without getting pestered.  Oh, and the flak doesn't seem to see you so much.

 



FIight #34 Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:46 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5036 battles
  • 744
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

For heavy fighters you have to play offensive, i.e. being a sissy

girl doesn't help deter the enemy



wylleEcoyote #35 Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:06 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4210 battles
  • 613
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Does anyone else know if the pilot skill "Protective Expert" applies to the use of NRE like it does to other equipment that enhances survivability?

If you do know the answer; then please, share it with the rest of us.

Fair warning. My success rate at speculative guesswork is very hit or miss. Usually I start on the right track and then a make a weird left turn and get lost in the weeds ... 
And yet it doesn't stop me from speculation.
Specialist Planes i have:
USA: XP-31, F1C-2, Model 81A-1, P-40, F4F, P-38F, P-39N-1, P-47B, P-38J, XF15C, XP-58  USSR: Tu-1  UK: DH.100 F1. Japan: not even once.
Germany: Fw 56, Hs 123, Ha 137, He 112, Bf 109 B, Bf 110 C-6, Do 17 Z, Bf 109 E, Bf 109 E-3, Ju 87 G, Fw 190 A-5, Me 410, Do 217 M, Me 265, Me209 A, Do 335 A-1, Me 1099 B-2


White_Widow18 #36 Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7356 battles
  • 1,406
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
Maybe Blindfold could clear that up for us.. though.. they don't appear to have posted in about a week.
"Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink."
Things said to me when I've won:

hoom #37 Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 6773 battles
  • 1,375
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 10 May 2019 - 06:06 AM, said:

Does anyone else know if the pilot skill "Protective Expert" applies to the use of NRE like it does to other equipment that enhances survivability?

If you do know the answer; then please, share it with the rest of us.

 

Text says "Increases the positive effect of the mounted equipment on aircraft durability and resistance to critical damage"

I guess if one of the NRE bonuses increases crit resistance or durability it should but otherwise no since NRE boosts Concealment and Enemy detection range.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

White_Widow18 #38 Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7356 battles
  • 1,406
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Posthoom, on 09 May 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

 

Text says "Increases the positive effect of the mounted equipment on aircraft durability and resistance to critical damage"

I guess if one of the NRE bonuses increases crit resistance or durability it should but otherwise no since NRE boosts Concealment and Enemy detection range.

 

Does tolerance from AA count as crit resistance or durability do we know?
"Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink."
Things said to me when I've won:

wylleEcoyote #39 Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:32 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4210 battles
  • 613
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
As far as i know the Equipment that IS effected by the PE skill all makes changes to the Survivability Rating in some way or another.
Cockpit armor, Reinforced Skin and Airframe, etc
NRE changes your Concealment and that buff is found in the Survivability Rating like the other protective gear.

Placing a pilot with PE to a plane with NRE makes no changes to the survivability rating.

But not all pilot skills that make changes to a planes characteristics actually have that difference show up in the UI ...

In other news: I can confirm that Stealth builds on GAA are very nice.
Putting them on certain B&Z energy fighters ... shows some potential.

Fair warning. My success rate at speculative guesswork is very hit or miss. Usually I start on the right track and then a make a weird left turn and get lost in the weeds ... 
And yet it doesn't stop me from speculation.
Specialist Planes i have:
USA: XP-31, F1C-2, Model 81A-1, P-40, F4F, P-38F, P-39N-1, P-47B, P-38J, XF15C, XP-58  USSR: Tu-1  UK: DH.100 F1. Japan: not even once.
Germany: Fw 56, Hs 123, Ha 137, He 112, Bf 109 B, Bf 110 C-6, Do 17 Z, Bf 109 E, Bf 109 E-3, Ju 87 G, Fw 190 A-5, Me 410, Do 217 M, Me 265, Me209 A, Do 335 A-1, Me 1099 B-2


White_Widow18 #40 Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7356 battles
  • 1,406
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 11 May 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

Putting them on certain B&Z energy fighters ... shows some potential.

*coughp1101cough*


"Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink."
Things said to me when I've won:





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users