Daily mission rethink

tier mission daily

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Leadlooser #1 Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5245 battles

Firstly, I apologize to those who have suggested the following previously.

To limit 'the necessity of seal clubbing' to collect daily awards, how about allowing scores from other tiers contribute to the goal of completing the dailies.  This could be at a discounted rate, but would progress the daily rate to avoid low or high tier daily locks.  This would also allow newer players to succeed with their dailies.  Some would only 'seal club' to achieve the dailies so a ceiling must be regulated somehow.

Personally, I don't like farming players especially at the low tiers, so I would like see a flow-over of success from tier to tier.

CorvusCorvax #2 Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:37 AM

Captain

• 3388 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostLeadlooser, on 30 April 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

Firstly, I apologize to those who have suggested the following previously.

To limit 'the necessity of seal clubbing' to collect daily awards, how about allowing scores from other tiers contribute to the goal of completing the dailies.  This could be at a discounted rate, but would progress the daily rate to avoid low or high tier daily locks.  This would also allow newer players to succeed with their dailies.  Some would only 'seal club' to achieve the dailies so a ceiling must be regulated somehow.

Personally, I don't like farming players especially at the low tiers, so I would like see a flow-over of success from tier to tier.

I would like to see the dailies regulated by tier possession.  If you have a T9-10 plane, then you don't get tokens by playing in T1-3.  T4-5, T6-8, T9-10.  If you don't have T9-10 planes, the whole thing is shifted - T1-3, T4-5, T6-8.

In this way, people can earn tokens easily once they reach T6, and can continue earning ever more tokens until they get a T9 plane.

That's sort of an outline, but it also could be made a little more granular, so that as someone moves up the tier tree, the low tier missions drop out of the low tiers and move into the mid-tiers.  It would be nice to have T10 players getting their dailies from T5 and up, and not have a Me P.1101 pilot flying around down at T2 in an Ar-68 (for example.)

cobra_marksman #3 Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6301 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 29 April 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

I would like to see the dailies regulated by tier possession.  If you have a T9-10 plane, then you don't get tokens by playing in T1-3.  T4-5, T6-8, T9-10.  If you don't have T9-10 planes, the whole thing is shifted - T1-3, T4-5, T6-8.

In this way, people can earn tokens easily once they reach T6, and can continue earning ever more tokens until they get a T9 plane.

That's sort of an outline, but it also could be made a little more granular, so that as someone moves up the tier tree, the low tier missions drop out of the low tiers and move into the mid-tiers.  It would be nice to have T10 players getting their dailies from T5 and up, and not have a Me P.1101 pilot flying around down at T2 in an Ar-68 (for example.)

You need to understand first....what your asking for...before asking. :B

Tokens are required to by-pass some of the events missions.

On some of the hardest event missions, you'll need,... 10 to 20 tokens to by-pass them.:ohmy:

They don't like handing out tokens to players, to collect and save for special events.

They would prefer that you BUY..... them at the rate of 50 Gold each.:coin:, and they would be more then happy to sell you them for cash or credit card.

They are more then happy to allow you a few easily earned one's, but don't get greedy.

They will gladly sell you the one's that you'll be needing to complete that mission for that aka. " Free Plane ":amazed:

Aka. Donkey chasing the carrot : the driver hangs a carrot in front of a hungry Jack#@% and it's just out of it's reach.

The hungry Jack$#% continue to chase the carrot, and doesn't even notice, that he's pulling the wagon for his master.

Moral of the story,.... don't be that Jack#$% chasing the Carrot Plane.:facepalm: unless you enjoy pulling 50 missions a day.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 30 April 2019 - 01:23 AM.

losttwo #4 Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:37 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3206 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The entire poppycock of seal clubbing.

If you can not stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Then again you can't cook either.

I grew better at this game facing off against " seal clubbers "

Sent many of " can you teach me to do that " request so I could improve.

So tired of request to Wargaming for hand holding matches and changes

only to try and keep population so that when they get to tier 10 you wont want them on your team because

they are attacking Garrisons first by hitting AA with their fighters, Heavies and Multi-roles.

All the while continually pinging the map to help with the Garrison.

After battle sending you private message " why wouldn't you help me and clear my tail "

I have seen many a game that doesn't separate NEW players from experienced players.

Just a slug fest of learn to play or go away.

WG has added a training room to help improve a persons ability.

I probably logged in over 3000 battles in the training room alone.

I do agree however that the daily ticket reward missions do need restructured.

An advanced player should not be rewarded for flying low tiers

A player that does not have tier 5 unlocked yet should be able to do dailies for 10 tickets

A player that unlocks tier 7 should only gain 10 tickets for flying tier 5-7

A player that has tier 10 unlocked should be able to gain 10 tickets while flying tier 8-10.

Of course it is also based on plane types unlocked. Which would be a considerable large algorithm for WG to try and figure out how to code the specifics.

I would also like to see the dailies restructured to do away with the plane specific style of " 25000 point for destroying ground targets "

OMG I hate those. For me it is a 3 day run for lack of play time.

hoom #5 Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7105 battles

View PostLeadlooser, on 30 April 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

how about allowing scores from other tiers contribute to the goal of completing the dailies.  This could be at a discounted rate, but would progress the daily rate to avoid low or high tier daily locks.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 30 April 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

If you have a T9-10 plane, then you don't get tokens by playing in T1-3.  T4-5, T6-8, T9-10.  If you don't have T9-10 planes, the whole thing is shifted - T1-3, T4-5, T6-8.

I like both of these ideas.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6284 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I think some of the solutions here have merit, but programming them into the game would not be something WG/Persha would ever contemplate.  I mean, shifting token missions based on the planes you have?  What if you have two T8 and two T9 fighters and you get a daily that requires killing ground targets at T9?  Not going to make people any happier than what it is now. 

The "daily" missions are an incentive to work your way up the lines so you can earn the tokens.  WG would prefer that you buy your way up the lines in order to reach the carrot.  The incentive of T8+ to win "daily" missions is for newer players working their way up the chain.  

Veterans who have stashed Gold, Silver, and Free XP are not the target audience. 

I do agree, at this point, when I go to T4 for a "daily" I get super-frustrated at the boneheaded decisions by humans.  Then again, I played a few times at T2 and it helped me to redefine my dogfighting, so there's that incentive.  Had a lot of fun, but yes, there was the frustration of seeing my teams go one by one into a meat grinder.  On the flip side, doing some pretty vicious close-in dogfighting was fun.  

I almost prefer T2/T3 to T4/T5 for low-tier "daily" missions as I can more easily forgive the facepalm factor in human decisions.           

hoom #7 Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7105 battles

I just don't like beating up on some player who's got like 100 battles, feelsbadman to look at stats after-battle and see that.

I've been trying to mostly play T4s to get those lower brackets completed but some things just gotta go to the I-15bis DM & PV3.

I feel less bad about flying Skua & the T3 bombers though.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

losttwo #8 Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:22 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3206 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posthoom, on 30 April 2019 - 03:49 AM, said:

I just don't like beating up on some player who's got like 100 battles, feelsbadman to look at stats after-battle and see that.

I've been trying to mostly play T4s to get those lower brackets completed but some things just gotta go to the I-15bis DM & PV3.

I feel less bad about flying Skua & the T3 bombers though.

Then do not shoot the new player with less than 100 battles.

The only thing I have left in lower tiers of  1,2,3 are my premiums planes and rarely fly them.

I will use my tier 4 for tickets/tokens.

Even in tier 4 it could be 20 battles before you can achieve the requirements.

I also do not look at the player base before or during battle ( TAB screen )

The surprise of who is in battle is more to my liking than being able to see who I am with or opposing.

There are plenty of BOTS in the lower tiers one can target so as not to pick on new players until necessary.

Then again perhaps all of them are bots in that particular match.

The game was totally different when you had all humans on each side and could clear the tail of the new player.

Keeping the new player alive and clearing his tail was a bit of a chore and made sense.

I suppose it is all a perception loop hole.

Looking from your team perspective you are helping to achieve a win.

Looking from the enemy perspective you are dominating to make them quit.

A coin toss.

bradk62 #9 Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4219 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postlosttwo, on 30 April 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

I also do not look at the player base before or during battle ( TAB screen )

The surprise of who is in battle is more to my liking than being able to see who I am with or opposing.

I only look for the number of humans on the other side and what they are flying.  That can alter my strategy.

I also have recently started to look at my own team after I got teamed up with a flight of HOF pilots and didn't even notice until the battle ended VERY early - nice to PLEASANTLY surprised by the MM for a change.

bradk62 #10 Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4219 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postlosttwo, on 30 April 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

+1 for the video. Takes me back to the good times in 1.x - look at all those human players.  Loved that map!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users