Why cant ANZ players transfer to WOW JP/ASIA server ?

Transfer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ruff1511 #1 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:15 PM

Airman Basic

• 1067 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD

recently world of warplanes japan started and i live in Australia. excited seeing server transfer option from na to the new server i was disappointed by reply from support.

the server transfers are only available for people who live in japan. considering the new server is in ASIA cluster and i have wot account that i been using for 8 years now in ASIA server .

i'm just wondering why the transfer is not possible :(

any official explanation ? 

blindfoId #2 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
Transfer is currently possible for Japanese players as Asian server is first and foremost opened for Japanese players. If any other transfers will be available, we'll post a dedicated announcement. 

SenatorTH #3 Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3470 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 26 April 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

Asian server is first and foremost opened for Japanese players

Don't you see any contradiction in here??

vcharng #4 Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3849 battles

View PostSenatorTH, on 26 April 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

Don't you see any contradiction in here??

Not really, it means they open the Asia server for Japanese first, and then others.

A very practical reason for this is that they don't have the personnel for other languages yet.

Though it's still weird I got rejected my transfer just because I live 100km off Japanese coast...

ruff1511 #5 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:36 AM

Airman Basic

• 1067 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD

i just want some clarification to see if i should continue playing my NA account or start from scratch on JP server.

i'm not too keen on spending time and money on a account that i will not be using that is all. as for languages vcharng, i live in Australia i think i will be fine with english

Edited by ruff1511, 27 April 2019 - 11:47 AM.

Buncey #6 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3110 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Yeah this is kinda [edited]. I'm also in Australia and started a NA account to play WoT when we seemed to get SEA-WE-ME3 Cable damage every 3 weeks. Got sick of playing with such a huge amount of packet loss and ping spikes I was getting a better connection all the way across the Pacific Ocean. That said, I played WoWarcraft on NA and AU Servers and both are fine, AU is 40ish ping vs 150ish, so I knew what I'd be getting. During this time I started playing WoWarplanes and have spent plenty of Time, Effort and MONEY on the game. WG should -as most do- have a responsibility to their player base, to ensure they get the best gaming experience for each of their Titles. If I can connect to a Jp Server with much reduced ping, players on during my time zone, and it's a craptone closer, why just because I'm not Nipponese am I being discriminated against?

It's craplike this which is why the forums on ALL their Titles are filled with complaints about customer service. I've said in posts on WoT Asia Server, WG take a good long look at how Blizzard treat their customers. When they screw up they own it, and admit things should have been done better, on all of their Titles. When they opened Servers in the Asia region, they gave everyone the opportunity to transfer from NA, no cost, no hoops or [edited]. I have friends in the US who transferred to the Asia region because the vast majority of their online friend where on our time zone.

The only reason I can see that WG wouldn't allow us to move servers, is due to the NA Server numbers being so low, and they are worried about the impact of players from Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Korea, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan all leaving to jump onto the Closer Server. Given the time zone difference, most of us never play during Prime Time on NA so I don't really see how it would affect NA Match Maker or any in game experience on any level except total server numbers.

I seriously hope they take another look at this.

trikke #7 Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:08 PM

Captain

• 3620 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

there's many many Asian pilots here that would strongly consider moving their accounts, and we would miss them badly        

traceroute reports that the server is actually in Hong Kong?       Can you verify, BF?     

and does that fact complicate the "Japanese accts only" official explanation?

or should i just stay out of this and quit stirring the pot?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Also tagged with Transfer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users