Jump to content


RATING THE GAME POLL RESULT


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

El_Mulo #1 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:52 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 14688 battles
  • 599
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

I thought that if I don't make this the efficiency of the other topic/poll would be lost so:

After 40 votes, WE the voters had qualified the game with:  4.65 that is a rating between SLIGHTY BAD and  REGULAR.

 

In June this will be do again, hoping we all can rank it FAR BETTER. 

It depends on you WG.

 

Thanks for participating!


Edited by El_Mulo, 24 April 2019 - 10:52 PM.

What we say to death?

Stygian_Alchemist #2 Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11064 battles
  • 2,104
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
40 votes.

That's not a big enough poll sample to tell anyone anything.

We have that many active members in our clan. 

Good on your for trying though!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:32 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1174 battles
  • 4,730
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostEl_Mulo, on 24 April 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

I thought that if I don't make this the efficiency of the other topic/poll would be lost so:

After 40 votes, WE the voters had qualified the game with:  4.65 that is a rating between SLIGHTY BAD and  REGULAR.

 

In June this will be do again, hoping we all can rank it FAR BETTER. 

It depends on you WG.

 

Thanks for participating!

I do believe you missed an input

the ghost no vote,

40% who are truly pure

the people who try and puke

their systems won't accept crap

it's like a peanut allergy

only realized

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


El_Mulo #4 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:47 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 14688 battles
  • 599
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 24 April 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

40 votes.

That's not a big enough poll sample to tell anyone anything.

We have that many active members in our clan. 

Good on your for trying though!

 

Hey Momma 40 votes would be 10% of people playing daily in NA Server (and I m probably being generous), and those 40 were the people that voted.  

It is what it is.

You're a kind of alter ego of Ace.  But I like Ace.

 


Edited by El_Mulo, 25 April 2019 - 04:48 AM.

What we say to death?

Bobby_Tables #5 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7934 battles
  • 1,850
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostEl_Mulo, on 24 April 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

 

Hey Momma 40 votes would be 10% of people playing daily in NA Server (and I m probably being generous), and those 40 were the people that voted.  

It is what it is.

You're a kind of alter ego of Ace.  But I like Ace.

 

 

Yeah to back El_Mulo, I mean, like they do presidential polls with like maybe 2,000 to 5,000 "potential voters (who have landline phones, hah!)" and then extrapolate that out to the entire US.  

 

 

 



losttwo #6 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:26 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,978
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

I have never cared for polls unless there is a girl attached.

climbing, riding, twisting, sliding.

Moving to the rhythm of the night.

 

Never cared to much for poles either.

since I stopped running into them.

been, nigh on 20 years.

 

I know age brings on confusion but I have seen no forum grammar police

to tell  which  witch is which. 

 

Then again I have always been the kind of person that if I do not like something

I just do not play it. Personally I will not play a 4.65 rated game.

Never have, Never will.

 

Never settled for less than I deserve.

See you in the sky's

If not, then I know you finally decided to play a game more suited to your liking.

 

:popcorn:

 



blindfoId #7 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,298
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostEl_Mulo, on 25 April 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

 

Hey Momma 40 votes would be 10% of people playing daily in NA Server (and I m probably being generous), and those 40 were the people that voted.  

 

I would say not even close :) Thanks for the poll anyways.



Stygian_Alchemist #8 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:53 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11064 battles
  • 2,104
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostEl_Mulo, on 24 April 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

 

Hey Momma 40 votes would be 10% of people playing daily in NA Server (and I m probably being generous), and those 40 were the people that voted.  

It is what it is.

You're a kind of alter ego of Ace.  But I like Ace.

 

 

Considering several of those votes I'd bet came from people who don't actually -play- and just forum troll, you numbers were skewed from the beginning.

Also, we've already played the "how many players log in daily" game and that -might- be 1% on a weekday, not 10%.

Sincerely though, thank you for the effort. I might suggest you first get a decent percentage of the playerbase to use the forums before thinking a poll in the forums is indicative of anything but the microscopic # of players who log in here, several of whom are non-playing. I found it an interesting thought exercise that fairly well proved what I'd considered: The -vast- majority of players don't use the forums. I run into way more than 40 nameplates in a day.

Stygian_Alchemist #9 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11064 battles
  • 2,104
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostBobby_Tables, on 24 April 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

 

Yeah to back El_Mulo, I mean, like they do presidential polls with like maybe 2,000 to 5,000 "potential voters (who have landline phones, hah!)" and then extrapolate that out to the entire US.  

 

 

 

 

I give this burn a 10/10 for usage of "The Dude"

 

 

 


gerr22 #10 Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:42 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4816 battles
  • 585
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
i m with Losttwo poles / girls

El_Mulo #11 Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 14688 battles
  • 599
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

View PostblindfoId, on 25 April 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

 

I would say not even close :) Thanks for the poll anyways.

 

There was a time we knew how many of us were playing, may be you can talk to someone in WOWP to put back that number,.after all it was not so far away.

Pd:  WE all know why they take it away.

You're wellcome BF.


Edited by El_Mulo, 26 April 2019 - 02:35 AM.

What we say to death?

El_Mulo #12 Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:37 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 14688 battles
  • 599
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 24 April 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

40 votes.

That's not a big enough poll sample to tell anyone anything.

We have that many active members in our clan. 

Good on your for trying though!

 

That is the number of people that vote. 

That is not what I would like, but it is what it is.  

About the sample few people read the forum, less would read that post and even less voted on it.  Also even less voted as you probably like. Call it freedom.

I tried to do a poll in the forum about what was our opinion of the game, and I did it succesfully whatever if we like or not the result.

I also encouraged everyone (including you) to tell others to vote in order to make that sample wider. You could told your clan activemembers to vote.

 


Edited by El_Mulo, 27 April 2019 - 02:34 AM.

What we say to death?

Stygian_Alchemist #13 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:02 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11064 battles
  • 2,104
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostEl_Mulo, on 25 April 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

That is the number of people that vote. 

That is not what I would like, but it is what it is.  

About the sample few people read the forum, less would read that post and even less voted on it.  Also even less voted as you probably like. Call it freedom.

I tried to do a poll in the forum about what was our opinion of the game, and I did it succesfully whatever if we like or not the result.

I also encourages everyone (including you) to tell others to vote in order to make that sample wider. You could told your clan activemembers to vote.

 

 

I could have, but most of them consider the forums to be a toxic waste dump. Getting people to log into here and read is like pulling your own teeth with greased fingers.

losttwo #14 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:48 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,978
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 25 April 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

 

I could have, but most of them consider the forums to be a toxic waste dump. Getting people to log into here and read is like pulling your own teeth with greased fingers.

 

Could be because people come into a game forum, any game forum, and begin trying to tell developers how bad their game is and that they ( devs) do not know what they are doing.

From complaints about MM and unbalanced matches to LAGG-3's being the worst tier 5 in the game.

No I am not pointing any fingers at any particular individuals so do not take anything I say personal nor examples as personal attacks towards anyone.

 

I am not talking about someone with 100 hours in a particular plane then posting a critique and suggestions for improvement.

Or someone that has documented proof of MM being unbalanced beyond them losing 10 matches in a row.

 

I am talking about people, the many people, that visit any forum and unload their negativity about

their 100 loss in a row because of MM, balance issue, 10 hours in a plane and can't kill a mockingbird.

Then they are all of a sudden experts and blame the developers.

 

Or the players that think they are better gaming programmers than the employees of Wargaming.net.

 

As far as I am concerned. If you don't work for WG then I am not listening.

There are some legitimate players that know their stuff about programming and fixing what is broken but few.

Those are the ones actually adding to the game. Or actually help ( willing to tap into your computer too ).

 

Suggestions are great and what a forum is for but how many are actually legitimate suggestions rather than whine threads disguised as suggestions.

Just my opinion, which is worth diddly squat.

 



Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:28 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 23502 battles
  • 3,353
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 25 April 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

 

I could have, but most of them consider the forums to be a toxic waste dump. Getting people to log into here and read is like pulling your own teeth with greased fingers.

 

:medal:

 

Yes.  I have been surprised how few I can actually influence to come visit the forum or even the clan page.

 

Could it be the toxicity that lives and breathes on this forum?  Not everybody has our thick skin.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Stygian_Alchemist #16 Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:05 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11064 battles
  • 2,104
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Postlosttwo, on 25 April 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

 

Could be because people come into a game forum, any game forum, and begin trying to tell developers how bad their game is and that they ( devs) do not know what they are doing.

From complaints about MM and unbalanced matches to LAGG-3's being the worst tier 5 in the game.

No I am not pointing any fingers at any particular individuals so do not take anything I say personal nor examples as personal attacks towards anyone.

 

I am not talking about someone with 100 hours in a particular plane then posting a critique and suggestions for improvement.

Or someone that has documented proof of MM being unbalanced beyond them losing 10 matches in a row.

 

I am talking about people, the many people, that visit any forum and unload their negativity about

their 100 loss in a row because of MM, balance issue, 10 hours in a plane and can't kill a mockingbird.

Then they are all of a sudden experts and blame the developers.

 

Or the players that think they are better gaming programmers than the employees of Wargaming.net.

 

As far as I am concerned. If you don't work for WG then I am not listening.

There are some legitimate players that know their stuff about programming and fixing what is broken but few.

Those are the ones actually adding to the game. Or actually help ( willing to tap into your computer too ).

 

Suggestions are great and what a forum is for but how many are actually legitimate suggestions rather than whine threads disguised as suggestions.

Just my opinion, which is worth diddly squat.

 

 

Nope, this is exactly it. New players don't want to come into the forum and see a solid wall of venomous screed and whether new or simply unqualified we tend to have a lot of people who come into the forums and spew that specifically. The official Moderation here is.. lacking? Maybe they're limited by their own rules? And there is no "community" moderation system via a proper upvote/downvote system ala say even what Slashdot.org has.. and that's a -bad- example of community moderation.

We all fall into the trap sometimes of grumping and whingeing.. but still.

El_Mulo #17 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:33 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 14688 battles
  • 599
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 25 April 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

 

Considering several of those votes I'd bet came from people who don't actually -play- and just forum troll, you numbers were skewed from the beginning.

Probably that people that do not play the game had played the game BEFORE and now dislike it too much so they reated in consequence and also decided to stop playing.

What's weird is that they're still here hoping (while ranting) the this game gets better.  Thinking it well is not so weird, WOWP was so good and the community is still better and fun. 

 

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 25 April 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Also, we've already played the "how many players log in daily" game and that -might- be 1% on a weekday, not 10%.

So you think we have 4.000 players a day?

Strange cause I played a lot and except in T4-5 I allways play against 2 or 3 humans.

 

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 25 April 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Sincerely though, thank you for the effort. I might suggest you first get a decent percentage of the playerbase to use the forums before thinking a poll in the forums is indicative of anything but the microscopic # of players who log in here, several of whom are non-playing. I found it an interesting thought exercise that fairly well proved what I'd considered: The -vast- majority of players don't use the forums. I run into way more than 40 nameplates in a day.

Thanks. 

You can't suggest me that. Suggest that to WOWP.

I can't do a poll to people IN THE GAME, just can do one to people IN THE FORUM.

This kind of war that happens everytime you write something different of "the game is AWESOME", so to end it I must admit that life taught me not to argue with women.  :)


Edited by El_Mulo, 26 April 2019 - 02:34 AM.

What we say to death?

Bobby_Tables #18 Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:23 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7934 battles
  • 1,850
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostEl_Mulo, on 25 April 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

I must admit that life taught me not to argue with women.  :)

 

Took me about 8 years into marriage to figure that one out.  I will argue good naturedly, but mansplaining, forget it.  

 

Once in awhile, I will fall into the trap of trying to solve a problem.  I am still an idiot, but not as much as I once was, believe me.  Empathy and sympathy go together in perfect harmony.  


Edited by Bobby_Tables, 26 April 2019 - 03:27 AM.


Stygian_Alchemist #19 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:30 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11064 battles
  • 2,104
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostEl_Mulo, on 25 April 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

Probably that people that do not play the game had played the game BEFORE and now dislike it too much so they reated in consequence and also decided to stop playing.

What's weird is that they're still here hoping (while ranting) the this game gets better.  Thinking it well is not so weird, WOWP was so good and the community is still better and fun. 

 

So you think we have 4.000 players a day?

Strange cause I played a lot and except in T4-5 I allways play against 2 or 3 humans.

 

Thanks. 

You can't suggest me that. Suggest that to WOWP.

I can't do a poll to people IN THE GAME, just can do one to people IN THE FORUM.

This kind of war that happens everytime you write something different of "the game is AWESOME", so to end it I must admit that life taught me not to argue with women.  :)

 

I actually suggested that because I see you all over the game and you're a known player in-game. Maybe if you suggested players frequented the forums in the in-game chat, people would listen. Not just to you, to others whose names are known and seen frequently. I suppose my own might be among those.

losttwo #20 Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:25 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,978
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostEl_Mulo, on 25 April 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

 

So you think we have 4.000 players a day?

Strange cause I played a lot and except in T4-5 I allways play against 2 or 3 humans.

 

 

You want to know how many humans are on while you are playing ?

Add them to your contact list after each map.

 

You can be flying tier 8-10.

40 other people can be flying the same tiers.

The match maker creates multiple rooms and adds players based on aircraft type.

 

So many people whined about balance that MM now only has matches based on

2 bombers

2GA

2 heavies

2 fighters

4 multi role

 

How many of the 40 people are going to play the same plane as you

How many people are going to hit the battle button with in the same time frame.

How many people are going to already be in a 10 minute match when you hit battle.

How many people are in that same 1 minute 54 second queue list as you.

 

Do not forget tier 7 is pulled into tier 8 matches.

 

I can keep going on about the MM, balance and population but would prefer saving it for another thread.

The possibilities and probabilities can run into a 2 page diatribe at 2 AM in the morning and full of babble with 1 cup of coffee.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users