• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:47 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4512 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Sorry no video for this topic...yet.

I am impressed with how far WG has come with their human replacement counterparts for filling matches.

Wargaming has finally been able to reproduce a multitude of behavior patterns that mimic other NPC characters.

It is interesting that they have a controlled set of Air Defense Aircraft ( ADA ) that are still inadequate to be competitive.

While they may do a good job of choosing the first target that arrives into the area they lack the ability to make alternative choices by threat.

What they lack in escape and evasive tactics or patterns they do make up for by way of lack of altitude limitations.

WOW them suckers can climb fly high and catch a bomber. Meanwhile your stalling trying to gain the same altitude.

What I find disappointing is how once the sector is captured the remaining ADA just explode.

Right in the middle of shooting an ADA while one is pecking your tail, then BOOM they disappear.

The normal enemy NPC's that operate freely across the map could use a little more escape an evasive programing.

Currently the Heavy Fighter NPC's that fly high altitude are target fixated on bombers and can easily be dispatched.

It is easy for a player to know that all they need do is find a friendly bomber and engage the NPC Heavy that will or is

engaging their friendly bomber. It is a set pattern and standard on every map. The NPC will not even disengage to defend itself.

Nor will the NPC disengage when their hit point pool drops below a certain value. I can understand the Bomber players frustration

and their " head hunter bot " illusion. It can become disheartening to fly bombers when you have no support due to lack of humans

within a match. Currently there are no NPC's counter parts to assist bombers. Not even a " clear my tail " call for help is of any value.

There could be a little improvement if the NPC bomber chasers would behave in a similar fashion to the bots that engage a GA.

The bots ( NPC's ) that engage GA tend to pull off and choose another target when they are out of turret range or low on hit point value.

It is, in my experience, rather bothersome when you need 5 turret kills and the bots keep disengaging or get out of range.

For the most part the fighter/ multi-role NPC's are somewhat of decent value when engaged, if they engage. 

There needs to be more randomness in the direction they travel or area of operation they choose to cover.

I can see no reason for the same 1 or 2 NPC's to continually attack a captured Garrison when there are more higher priority

targets to engage or defend.

There have been many matches where I can see the NPC making a straight run for a captured area and be completely oblivious

to the human player that is within visual distance. If I can see it then it should see me and move to engage rather than daydreaming

on its way to the programmed area.

The NPC ground attack seem to have a fairly decent target priority algorithm that i wish the humans would learn.

It might make the game a little more interesting and better balanced with closer wins than 600 to 46 point difference.

Seriously, how many humans actually still think that a Garrison has more value than the Command center.

Even the BOT GA are programmed to head for the Command Center and shoot stuff on the way.

Go ahead, jump in your GA and follow your BOT GA a few different maps.

There is a huge improvement in the terrain following making it much harder to crash bots into the side of a mountain.

Although the bots still crash it is significantly less and not game breaking. I can't seem to win a match getting all the bots to crash.

Yes, I have video proof of doing that.

All in all and despite my preference of Player vs Player the NPC or BOTS are reminiscent of all the other games that can be played

at the MEDIUM difficulty level.

Prenzlau #2 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10829 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

The bots are a plague upon this game and this game won't be "better" until the bots are gone and battles are all humans versus humans. Celebrating bots is like a collaborator pointing out the good aspects of an invading army. WG wants everyone to accept and normalize bots as an integral and necessary part of the game. Not necessary. The only reason we have bots is to "fill in" matches so people don't have to wait an eternity to play, due to low player population. 

Bots are a menace and I don't care how new and improved they are. They will never be even remotely close to being "human" and although some bots perform better than some humans, they are still just fixtures of the game. 

I can appreciate some of the things losttwo has said, from his point of view. Personally I don't want bots in this game, I don't need them, and if the bots play, then they need to do their jobs to help a side win, not go marauding around the map ignoring all other targets and sectors, chasing bombers. I've been on team of mostly bots and every one of them was ineffective and worthless. I've had teams with 4,5,6 or 7 bots with no kills, 1 kill, 2 kills at the most, but all of them just pieces of horse ****. 

I would gladly wait longer to have a non-bot battle. Maybe they could design two entries, one with bots and the other without bots?

I say no more bots. They don't make battles better or more enjoyable, and they are the cause of chaos, disappointment and frustration among many players. The future is going to be all about acquiescing to A.I. and having it dominate your activities and your lives. Maybe we should start to say "no" now. 

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 23 April 2019 - 02:47 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:47 PM

Captain

• 1094 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau, on 23 April 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

The bots are a plague upon this game and this game won't be "better" until the bots are gone and battles are all humans versus humans. Celebrating bots is like a collaborator pointing out the good aspects of an invading army. WG wants everyone to accept and normalize bots as an integral and necessary part of the game. Not necessary. The only reason we have bots is to "fill in" matches so people don't have to wait an eternity to play, due to low player population. 

Bots are a menace and I don't care how new and improved they are. They will never be even remotely close to being "human" and although some bots perform better than some humans, they are still just fixtures of the game. 

I can appreciate some of the things losttwo has said, from his point of view. Personally I don't want bots in this game, I don't need them, and if the bots play, then they need to do their jobs to help a side win, not go marauding around the map ignoring all other targets and sectors, chasing bombers. I've been on team of mostly bots and every one of them was ineffective and worthless. I've had teams with 4,5,6 or 7 bots with no kills, 1 kill, 2 kills at the most, but all of them just pieces of horse ****. 

I would gladly wait longer to have a non-bot battle. Maybe they could design two entries, one with bots and the other without bots?

I say no more bots. They don't make battles better or more enjoyable, and they are the cause of chaos, disappointment and frustration among many players. The future is going to be all about acquiescing to A.I. and having it dominate your activities and your lives. Maybe we should start to say "no" now. Bots can kiss my ***.

Cheers!

Prenzlau

hmmm, where have I heard this before...

:amazed:

maybe in another year you'll hate respawns too

:unsure:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

losttwo #4 Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:53 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4512 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPrenzlau, on 23 April 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

I say no more bots. They don't make battles better or more enjoyable, and they are the cause of chaos, disappointment and frustration among many players. The future is going to be all about acquiescing to A.I. and having it dominate your activities and your lives. Maybe we should start to say "no" now. 

Cheers!

Prenzlau

You should see my post from over 2 years ago. I suggested a bot mode and a human only mode.

I do enjoy this game enough to suffer through the botmadness but my preference will be all human.

It will be nice to see the renewed implementation mode of humans only and see how many people

actually click into bot battles.

I think many old timers will return for the PvP mode. I am looking forward to it.

SkyWolf__WM #5 Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8214 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postlosttwo, on 23 April 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

You should see my post from over 2 years ago. I suggested a bot mode and a human only mode.

I do enjoy this game enough to suffer through the botmadness but my preference will be all human.

It will be nice to see the renewed implementation mode of humans only and see how many people

I think many old timers will return for the PvP mode. I am looking forward to it.

PvP mode will not happen.

All humanoids and no bots might happen. And tailed primates might escape from my buttocks as well.  :sceptic:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Prenzlau #6 Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10829 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 23 April 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

The reality of existence is equilibrium. Everything settles. Everything finds it's way to a balance. Things can be made and created, and yet all things yearn for a more free and primitive state. All things return to a state of equilibrium. When people ask and wonder why there is perpetual change, it is nothing more than "the wind of the universe", everything finds it way back to it's optimum state. Not only does this apply to the physical state and what we would term the "rational", but there is also a psychological equilibrium as well. 

Eventually this game will find it's way into a more "optimum state", despite any resistance, if there is enough time to do so. I suppose those who are still waiting, are waiting for the possibility of just that, despite any doubts. I welcome a more optimum state, and I welcome the day when old and true players come back. Still opting out and leaving the fruit to wither on the vine was never the solution, never a catalyst for change, but an avoidance of accountability and leadership. 

I do not believe the direction is to regress backwards but to enhance and incorporate into a better version that is acceptable by more players than not. I hope this is the case and I will be very disappointed if it is not.

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 23 April 2019 - 03:45 PM.

Perco_lator #7 Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 23 April 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

PvP mode will not happen.

All humanoids and no bots might happen. And tailed primates might escape from my buttocks as well.  :sceptic:

WG says different. You can keep the monkeys in your butt though.

https://worldofwarpl...planes-in-2019/

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:58 PM

Captain

• 1094 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau, on 23 April 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

The reality of existence is equilibrium. Everything settles. Everything finds it's way to a balance. Things can be made and created, and yet all things yearn for a more free and primitive state. All things return to a state of equilibrium. When people ask and wonder why there is perpetual change, it is nothing more than "the wind of the universe", everything finds it way back to it's optimum state. Not only does this apply to the physical state and what we would term the "rational", but there is also a psychological equilibrium as well. 

Eventually this game will find it's way into a more "optimum state", despite any resistance, if there is enough time to do so. I suppose those who are still waiting, are waiting for the possibility of just that, despite any doubts. I welcome a more optimum state, and I welcome the day when old and true players come back. Still opting out and leaving the fruit to wither on the vine was never the solution, never a catalyst for change, but an avoidance of accountability and leadership. 

I do not believe the direction is to regress backwards but to enhance and incorporate into a better version that is acceptable by more players than not. I hope this is the case and I will be very disappointed if it is not.

Cheers!

Prenzlau

from death springs new life

I cleared fetid pool and mud flats several times...

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #9 Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:57 AM

Captain

• 1094 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 23 April 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

from death springs new life

I cleared fetid pool and mud flats several times...

This planet has—or rather had—a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

vcharng #10 Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:38 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3387 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 23 April 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

The bots are a plague upon this game and this game won't be "better" until the bots are gone and battles are all humans versus humans. Celebrating bots is like a collaborator pointing out the good aspects of an invading army. 

Knowing that you're a bomber pilot, it really surprises me to see you saying this.

For non-fighters, at least bots don't headhunt bombers.

GAA/bombers are much more playable when there are only bots, since they can finally survive long enough to actually make a dent on the enemy.

I'd suggest WG to make a "all or none" change when it comes to bots, i.e. pure PVP modes with no bots whatsoever, and pure PVE modes with no human enemies for non-fighters to play.

But... well, since when did they ever listened...

Also tagged with bot, match maker, population, improvements

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users