Jump to content


Server Status Indicator in Launcher

would be nice

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

hoom #1 Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9150 battles
  • 1,802
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Hey WG could you put a Server Status Indicator in the WG Launcher?

 

Particularly would be useful for around daily Server resets & patches.

I tend to play either side of Server reset & I find I either try to login too quickly a bunch of times or waste a bunch of time not playing after its come back up.

 

I'm thinking something like just a little coloured circle: Green for Server is Up, Red for Server is Down.

 

If thats impractical (eg I'm aware of cases where that sort of thing can essentially create a DDoS on the Server when it comes up) a manually activated Check Server Status in Game Settings that only checks when you click that option would be OK alternative.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

losttwo #2 Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:49 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5002 battles
  • 13,903
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

Since the latest update the server reset time is 5am-530am. EST.

Set your alarm.

My last game is always at 459am and my first is always 532am EST

got that down to a science.

First battle is always a win against all bots.



losttwo #3 Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:51 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5002 battles
  • 13,903
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

Now, I do agree,

I miss having population and ping in the hangar.

It use to be in the top left corner.



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:41 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1118 battles
  • 4,664
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postlosttwo, on 20 April 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

Since the latest update the server reset time is 5am-530am. EST.

Set your alarm.

My last game is always at 459am and my first is always 532am EST

got that down to a science.

First battle is always a win against all bots.

tho I'm not a real doctor

I play one on the internets forums

.

.

.

I'm going to prescribe some outdoor activities

some fresh air

and maybe gardening

.

jus sayin'


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


losttwo #5 Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:14 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5002 battles
  • 13,903
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 20 April 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

tho I'm not a real doctor

I play one on the internets forums

.

.

.

I'm going to prescribe some outdoor activities

some fresh air

and maybe gardening

.

jus sayin'

 

ROFLMAO. That is why I have kids.

I make them do all my work for me.

Now get me another cup of coffee and go plant them maters.

then get ready for school.



hoom #6 Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9150 battles
  • 1,802
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I have noticed that WG actually has got Server status indicators for each game already.

They're in their sections of WG Support website, hidden away in bottom left corner.

Basically I'm saying stick that code in a corner of the WG Launcher


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

CorvusCorvax #7 Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:01 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4107 battles
  • 4,098
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posthoom, on 01 May 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

I have noticed that WG actually has got Server status indicators for each game already.

They're in their sections of WG Support website, hidden away in bottom left corner.

Basically I'm saying stick that code in a corner of the WG Launcher

 

You're asking for code?  Please don't.  They have enough trouble with that as it is...

hoom #8 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9150 battles
  • 1,802
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

As in the HTML for the server status indicators.

Since the code already exists they don't need to have a new development process to create status indicators.


Edited by hoom, 01 May 2019 - 11:50 PM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:16 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4107 battles
  • 4,098
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posthoom, on 01 May 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

As in the HTML for the server status indicators.

Since the code already exists they don't need to have a new development process to create status indicators.

 

LOL, but this is WG we're talking about here.





Also tagged with would be nice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users