Gahh, WG WHY does my selected airfield respawn location auto-deselect

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

arrrgh #1 Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2934 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Come on WG, surely you realize how incredibly annoying this is, plus it costs games, as now you spawn half the map away from where you needed to be. 

You select a new spawn point on an airfield.    The client selects it, then, randomly 10 seconds later UNSELECTS THE SPOT AND SPAWNS YOU AT THE map edge.   Seriously?   You guys STILL have not fixed this?   No, the  airfield had not been lost, we still controlled it.

ps,
Let me turn off the chase cam cinematic that plays after I die.  I don't want to waste time manually exiting it after every   single   death.    Let me set a client toggle, so I just go to the spawn selection screen.

Edited by arrrgh, 19 April 2019 - 04:31 AM.

_Bruiser_ #2 Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5515 battles
If your team captures ANY cap before you respawn it will default select the spawn point. Long time 'feature'. just pay attention to the map when waiting to respawn.......

hoom #3 Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9939 battles

Not just your team, if the enemy team captures a cap it'll reset too.

Its super-annoying & should only happen if the spawn you selected is an Airfield that gets capped.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

losttwo #4 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:29 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I do find the spawn points after battle begins somewhat troublesome.

It would be more convenient if we could actually choose any captured point as a respawn.

As it stands now many pilots think the airfield should be priority for the respawn capability.

Making it more difficult to capture other higher priority targets such as the C&C caps.

I find that being able to call in the bombers and/or rocket strike capability leading to a higher win coefficient.

Now if we could respawn with in a larger circle of operation around the map. Closer to our intended choice target

in the middle of battle I think the game would be more intense with less 1 vs 5 battles.

blindfoId #5 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
This problem has been around for some time, the team has been investigating the issue and is preparing a fix at the moment. As soon as it is ready, we'll be happy to release it. 

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:37 PM

Captain

• 23436 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostblindfoId, on 19 April 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

This problem has been around for some time, the team has been investigating the issue and is preparing a fix at the moment. As soon as it is ready, we'll be happy to release it. 

Or you could just leave the no mini-map bug in place.  Then there would be no problem because you could NEVER choose a new spawn point.  Nice 'feature' that.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Cherry_Pepsi #7 Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:18 AM

Senior Airman

• 1246 battles
  • [FLYBY] FLYBY
Just hit T once you're dead. It goes to the chase game. 

GonerNL #8 Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1098 battles

View Post_Bruiser_, on 19 April 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Long time 'feature'.

No way.

This bug was introduced in an upgrade late last year ...

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

hoom #9 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9939 battles

And people say WG doesn't listen to the players...

https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/update_2_0_12/

Block Quote

Fixed an issue that caused a respawn point different from the default one to revert to the default one in case the enemy team captured any allied territory while the player waited for respawn. It will now only revert to the default respawn point if the enemy team captures the territory selected for respawn.

Two of the other bugfixes listed were reported by NA players.

arrrgh #10 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2934 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Yup, now if only they would fix the buggy tail gunners.

hoom #11 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9939 battles

I've been meaning to find this thread again, has anyone else noticed that this issue seems to have actually been fixed?

It wasn't mentioned in patchnotes as far as I saw but I've noticed spawns stay selected now :)

Not sure which patch  actually fixed it.

GonerNL #12 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1098 battles
  • Fixed an issue that caused a respawn point different from the default one to revert to the default one in case the enemy team captured any allied territory while the player waited for respawn. It will now only revert to the default respawn point if the enemy team captures the territory selected for respawn.

April patch https://worldofwarplanes.eu/game/version/update_2_0_12/

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

hoom #13 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9939 battles

Oh I remember reading (the first bit of) that but completely failed to connect it to this issue :hiding:

Thanks WG for fixing that :great:

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:20 PM

Captain

• 4237 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posthoom, on 11 July 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Oh I remember reading (the first bit of) that but completely failed to connect it to this issue :hiding:

Thanks WG for fixing that :great:

It may have been fixed for most cases, but it happened to me last week, once.  I would call it "mostly fixed" and not "completely fixed".

Credit where due - mostly fixed is better than "broken AF".

Mercsn #15 Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:00 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 19 April 2019 - 03:29 AM, said:

I do find the spawn points after battle begins somewhat troublesome.

It would be more convenient if we could actually choose any captured point as a respawn.

As it stands now many pilots think the airfield should be priority for the respawn capability.

Making it more difficult to capture other higher priority targets such as the C&C caps.

I find that being able to call in the bombers and/or rocket strike capability leading to a higher win coefficient.

Now if we could respawn with in a larger circle of operation around the map. Closer to our intended choice target

in the middle of battle I think the game would be more intense with less 1 vs 5 battles.

I agree with you on people needing to not focus on airfields over other objectives which will actually capture an airfield (military base or command center) without any player involvment in the airfield sector.

I also want to point out that if you don't want a 1 v 5 battle, and you're the 1, don't fly into 5 enemy fighters.  If you notice several other dead planes on your team, you can wait a few seconds for them to also spawn or head to a sector empty of enemies.  It's far better to fly solo into an undefended garrison or airfield and flip it than to trickle into the military base solo trying, valiantly, to capture it and just feeding the red planes stacked up in it.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users