Black screens, mini-map, and HOF

black screens mini-map HOF

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18370 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Three battles since server reset.  Two with black screens from queue.  The ONE battle without the black screen had no mini-map so I was unable to take advantage of possessed airfields.

This is the second day in a row that the HOF refuses to show any statistics other than OVERALL.

Whatever you are doing is NOT working.  It is making things worse.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:12 PM

Captain

• 894 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Bulcsu #3 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

Senior Airman

• 23 battles
Similar experience for me. I had 4 black screens in 11 matches since today's restart.

Chuck_norris10 #4 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:48 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1276 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 18 April 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

I am heartened that someone (such as you) approves of the status quo.  The game will go on as long as enough people accept all the problems without any complaints.  Gratz.

it's been like this for a very long time and as long as one person posts here that they are playing no problem then they will assume it's not their problem but your machine or connection. I always get the not responding black screen when trying to load the game and it can take 3 minutes sometimes or just disconnect from the server,log in,put in password etc.

I have currently a 330 DL and 19 UL with a ping of 18 tops.

The games turned into a real memory pig lately also and will bleed memory till you run out. You dont even have to play,just load the game and minimize it and watch your memory on your task manager get used up.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 18 April 2019 - 03:50 PM.

_Bruiser_ #5 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5156 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 18 April 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

I am heartened that someone (such as you) approves of the status quo.  The game will go on as long as enough people accept all the problems without any complaints.  Gratz.

I'm confused........would playing 17397 matches be accepting the status quo? Just seems like alot of accepting of the games problems, idk, maybe I'm just looking at it wrong.

losttwo #6 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 1671 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Have you submitted tickets to support ?

Seriously, BMW on the forum all you want and that is all it is.

What action are you as a responsible individual doing about the problems.

Personally I am not having any black screen issues, others may not be having issues either.

That is not to say it is not a problem.

Screen record your matches and the process, submit the entire package to WG.

You do have a system that will do screen recording right ?

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18370 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

I submit tickets, "We are aware of the problem".  "We are working on it".  For months now. 

I play a lot.  So what?   I still do not accept the status quo, which is abysmal.

BTW, 9 battles now, 2 more black screens and 2 more no mini-map.

I will continue to complain.  Complain about my complaining all you want.  I don't give a fig.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:29 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 1671 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

On another note of " fixing problems "

Have you checked all your computers drivers and software to see if they are up to date.

What about flushing your internet IP address or what ever it is called when you reset your router.

I had a long " things to do list " with my old system I had to do with every update in order to play the game.

There was also a short list for every time I wanted to start a gaming session.

Reset router ( DNSFlush or whatever it is called )

Task manager shut down of most system functions.

Fresh cup of coffee before starting

While the coffee was brewing I had to check for updates of drivers

( video card, sound card, blah blah blah )

unplug microwave

That was just a few things to play the game daily.

The long list was to manually delete every single WOWP file and hidden file

with WG extensions for every little tiny microburst of an update.

Then had to wait for the re-install of the entire game which took about 12 hours.

It really was more work than was necessary for a simple game but I was addicted to it.

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18370 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Well, throwing salt over my left shoulder seems to work sometimes.  Other times not.  HOF still screwed TEN hours later.  Did I mention this was the second day in a row?

TWO more black screens and THREE more no mini-map later.  So why can't I break above 62% win rate?

All I am asking for is a chance to compete.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bobby_Tables #10 Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5814 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Not sure about the HOF issue, but...

I rarely get black screens of death lately.  Mini-map is always there unless the screen is black (again rare, like dunno last time it happened).

I don't have memory leaks,  Game seems to stabilize around 2GB of RAM after long time of play or just keeping the game live.  

I may have hit the WOWP logic lottery or something.  

Running a desktop (not laptop) system: Ryzen 3 1300X, 16GB of DDR4 2400 RAM (overclocked to 2666 I think), GeForce NVIDIA 1050Ti with 4GB Video RAM, Windows 10 64-bit up to date.  All drivers, etc up to date.  

I have to wonder what those who have issues are running.  Not that my build is a beast by any measure.  It's a low-end cheap build yet seems to be adequate for the game.  

One suspicion I have is:  are you running the game on a laptop?  Are graphics a discrete card or built into the processor?  Do you run it off an SSD or HDD?  

So many variables.  Not that I am saying there is no fundamental flaw with the WOWP code, but I just don't see the issues within even a mile of the frequency that is described here.  Strange.  

Not saying I know how to fix the issues, but I do not have them while others do.  Something is wrong here and I dunno what it is.  However, I think uninstalling and reinstalling is not going to fix anything other than if you have major issues such as blue screen of death memory conflicts and such.  The black screen and lack of mini-map, to me, seems to indicate whatever graphics system you have is overloaded.  Again, not blaming your system, but WOWP code might not like some configurations.  

Helpful?  Probably not.  But I just don't see these type of issues and even today after the updates and leaving the game running for a long time:   No black screens (knock on wood), memory usage is stable, and FPS is an acceptable 90 (blue skies) to 40 (furball).   

If your system uses the graphics built into your processor and not a discrete graphics card, I can see this being an issue as the graphics memory is shared with the system memory.  Also, if you have older DDR3 memory in this scenario, it might have issue rendering the graphics.  

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18370 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

21 games 'played' yesterday.  15 of them with black screens and/or loss of mini-map.  I refuse to buy in to WG's position that it's all my fault.  Most server resets do NOT result in near this many problems.

BTW, it is now day 3 of the HOF being busted.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #12 Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Guys, let's be honest. There are some issues with the game client, it cannot be denied but the team constantly works on them. For example, Black Screens. There were much more cases and variants of this issue which where fixed step by step and one by one: Black Screen when starting a battle, Black Screens after respawn etc. Currently, only Black Screen instead of queue screen persists. 

Server restarts doesn't affect the game client itself. Appearance of Black Screens or UI glitches doesn't depend on server restart. It may depend though on your PC configurations. It is always worth restarting a game from time to time if your system tends to save too much data or some settings are not adjusted completely for your configurations. There are really many variables. 

As for the loss of mini-map, I would look at the screenshots at first. I am not sure that I'm familiar with this issue, so I probably need to report it. Still, I cannot do it without additional details. 

White_Widow18 #13 Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6695 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I get black screens on load and DCs from time to time.. then I started paying attention and realize it only happens when I am in a flight and using flight chat or if -specific- players are in the match I am selected by MM to enter. I've found a list of 4-5 who consistently every single time I play against them I disconnect, lag horribly, etc. 

Given that there's a central server we all pull from I find that very curious, but it is a definitive pattern I've noted and been uncertain how exactly I'd go about documenting even if I were so inclined.

Also, Blindfold, the loss of minimap I believe I reported in another thread (http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/55332-mini-map-bug-out/) and it still happens frequently... and you responded there so you have been informed of the bug. Easy enough one to forget considering the heaping mountain of bugs. Speaking of, any movement on fixing the ignore list function in the game? Really tired of a couple of specifically harassing people. To be honest, wish I never had to fly with or against them either. 

Edited by White_Widow18, 22 April 2019 - 02:47 AM.

Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

trikke #14 Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2966 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postlosttwo, on 18 April 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

unplug microwave

That was just a few things to play the game daily.

i've never heard about 'unplugging the microwave'         euphemism, maybe?

"i'll be right back, guys...  gotta go unplug the radar range"

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

blindfoId #15 Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 22 April 2019 - 05:45 AM, said:

I get black screens on load and DCs from time to time.. then I started paying attention and realize it only happens when I am in a flight and using flight chat or if -specific- players are in the match I am selected by MM to enter. I've found a list of 4-5 who consistently every single time I play against them I disconnect, lag horribly, etc. 

Given that there's a central server we all pull from I find that very curious, but it is a definitive pattern I've noted and been uncertain how exactly I'd go about documenting even if I were so inclined.

Also, Blindfold, the loss of minimap I believe I reported in another thread (http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/55332-mini-map-bug-out/) and it still happens frequently... and you responded there so you have been informed of the bug. Easy enough one to forget considering the heaping mountain of bugs. Speaking of, any movement on fixing the ignore list function in the game? Really tired of a couple of specifically harassing people. To be honest, wish I never had to fly with or against them either. 

Oh, that one. Thank you for clarification. It was indeed reported earlier but I will bring it back to the team's attention. 

ElmoSippy #16 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 163 battles
Came on today. Had to do the 'accept' the rules thing again. That never happened before. Went to go into a battle and got black screened, twice. All I could hear was wind. I couldn't hear my plane or anything else, just wind. That and being booted from the server after battles has me rethinking playing this game. I just started a few days ago. Guess it's off to find something else.

blindfoId #17 Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostElmoSippy, on 20 May 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

Came on today. Had to do the 'accept' the rules thing again. That never happened before. Went to go into a battle and got black screened, twice. All I could hear was wind. I couldn't hear my plane or anything else, just wind. That and being booted from the server after battles has me rethinking playing this game. I just started a few days ago. Guess it's off to find something else.

You need to re-accept the rules after each and every update, it's not a bug. Regarding your problem, I would recommend you to check integrity of game files and run Check and Repair in WGC. Also, it may be worth running WGCheck.

trikke #18 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2966 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

that WGcheck app is a nice tool, especially the 30 minute network check option in the top right corner

you'll know if your issue is your internet connection or your PC

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Also tagged with black, screens, mini-map, HOF

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users