Analysis - Is WoWP bad statistically?

Analysis

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

One wonders why the RNG is wacked at times in WoWP. I mean the damage done by planes gunnery, flak damage, bot methodology, and critical hits. However, the odds are not in favor with the WoWP players since none of those statistics are published unlike the WG counter part of WoWS. 

Block Quote

"If you have fact based world view of today, you might have a chance of what is coming next in the future." -Ola Rosling

In this video there is a discussion of perspective and bias fear.
https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_and_ola_rosling_how_not_to_be_ignorant_about_the_world?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare

Granted I may be on the side of fear because WoWP information is not transparent in statistics outside of medals. Nothing is published by the amount of players playing, the time for an average match (sortie), or even the Average W/R. 

Lies, damn lies, and Statistics
https://www.ted.com/talks/lies_damned_lies_and_statistics_about_tedtalks?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare

Aircraft #3 as a bad word? I guess we know now how this reinforced for WoWP being supported by WG.

Sometimes playing WoWP its a coin flip in my opinion. 

Hopefully not like this example. All of my WoWP perspective is based on the amount of facts I see, along with my experience from game play. If the game play is weak, then the bias towards WoWP will be rated poor by me. To change this will take significant bold changes from what WoWP is today. 

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Prenzlau #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12761 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Going to take a look at this, save my spot. (After I finish listening to the Rubberband Man)

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 18 April 2019 - 02:12 PM.

Major_Bollocks #3 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:02 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1051 battles
If you play strictly "random solo", I agree. It is a "coin flip". 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

Major

• 1429 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 18 April 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

One wonders why the RNG is wacked at times in WoWP. I mean the damage done by planes gunnery, flak damage, bot methodology, and critical hits. However, the odds are not in favor with the WoWP players since none of those statistics are published unlike the WG counter part of WoWS. 

In this video there is a discussion of perspective and bias fear.
https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_and_ola_rosling_how_not_to_be_ignorant_about_the_world?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare

Granted I may be on the side of fear because WoWP information is not transparent in statistics outside of medals. Nothing is published by the amount of players playing, the time for an average match (sortie), or even the Average W/R. 

Lies, damn lies, and Statistics
https://www.ted.com/talks/lies_damned_lies_and_statistics_about_tedtalks?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare

Aircraft #3 as a bad word? I guess we know now how this reinforced for WoWP being supported by WG.

Sometimes playing WoWP its a coin flip in my opinion. 

Hopefully not like this example. All of my WoWP perspective is based on the amount of facts I see, along with my experience from game play. If the game play is weak, then the bias towards WoWP will be rated poor by me. To change this will take significant bold changes from what WoWP is today. 

wg has a simple set of russian rules:

heads wg wins

tails you lose

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

losttwo #5 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6434 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Is WoWP bad statistically?.............. isn't that why they added bots, respawn and other participation hand-me down wins.

CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:25 PM

Captain

• 4581 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 18 April 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

Is WoWP bad statistically?.............. isn't that why they added bots, respawn and other participation hand-me down wins.

I think they added those things because there were a lot of crybabies that demanded them.

Now, the crybabies are on the other side.

I will say this - I did very much hate the long queue times, and the ridiculous seal-clubbing and stat-padding of the 1.x version.

losttwo #7 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:36 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6434 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 18 April 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

I think they added those things because there were a lot of crybabies that demanded them.

Now, the crybabies are on the other side.

I will say this - I did very much hate the long queue times, and the ridiculous seal-clubbing and stat-padding of the 1.x version.

WHAT ?

You did not like the " click "  BATTLE button.

Take the wife out to dinner at Red Lobster.

Then finally get a battle days ?

Me either.

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:43 PM

Captain

• 4581 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 18 April 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

WHAT ?

Me either.

LOL, just about right.  Want a T5 battle?  Cool, ten minute wait time, sir.  Would you like to sit in the bar?

OK, I don't like ten minutes.  Let's try T1.  Hmmm, 3 minutes.  OK.

HOLY CRUD - I see a bunch of guys that I know have T9+ planes, and sure enough, WHAM.

Seal clubbed.  :)

Bobby_Tables #9 Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9047 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postlosttwo, on 18 April 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

WHAT ?

Spend the next 12 hours on the toilet thinking that either the cramps or fluid loss will kill you

Me either.

FTFY

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 19 April 2019 - 01:54 AM.

Also tagged with Analysis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users