clans without objectives

clans without objectives

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

javier_martinez #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10543 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

the clans are only to agglutinate the players, since within a clan they do not give anything, they need to give more experience, coins or quests or some consumables for the clan, they would also have to see a juice mode where they can do shields 6 against 6 players or against bots and gain more experience. or coins or some resource. so that the clan is not boring, you need group competition that would make it more fun to the game. the game has progressed a lot and the introduction of new lines and modes and missions but the clans for now there is nothing that incentive that aya more activity, eye Take this opinion into account. I use google translator. Sorry if there are errors

Stygian_Alchemist #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9152 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I agree. The current clan system has no point. Some benefit to clans needs to exist.

losttwo #3 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:16 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3899 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yes I am in agreement with you.

Clans currently serve no purpose within the game environment of WOWP.

Your suggestion is a very good one.

Make CLANS more relevant in some fashion.

Perhaps on a monthly basis The most active CLAN is awarded GOLD ( to the top players in the clan )

Perhaps the clan with the most battles and participants receive 7 days of premium time.

Just anything would be good to make CLANS more IMPORTANT in the WOWP environment.

Stygian_Alchemist #4 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9152 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Maybe clan levels, with picked benefit(s) per level that boost everyone in the clan. Most games have a system like that.

qu33kKC #5 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6843 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I would offer than having a ready pool of human pilots available for Flights and advice is an advantage of being in a Clan.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20615 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
We can all agree that making clans more relevant to the game would be a good thing.  Unfortunately, those in a position to do something about it seem to disagree.  Not honestly and openly but by dragging their feet on the issue.  :(
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Noreaga #7 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:27 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

hey guys,

first off i agree and despite my gripes about 2.X the new system does allow for some dynamic clan war battles. Less emphasis on A2A kills and more about area control. I like the idea and see some interesting tactical options, but unfortunately will never get to test them. 

I have always said that when we had competitive clans the number of people that logged in just to grind a plane to be ready for the match was super high. 90% of what i did after release was to have the proper planes ready for the next match, when the clan wars promise was removed from the wowp literature after release (could have been just before...other will need to confirm), numbers dropped (other factors as well) and the reason to grind out T9-10 became a completionist goal.  

The main reasons clans will not work in the current environment:

No WG Esports support player run events end up as "Drama run event" especially if the league chair is on a team... made some great forum reading.

low population and low tier: how many of the current clans can bring together 10-15 players at T7+ 2-3 times a week ? 

no bots outside of training room issue : training room matches has never been a good option, and all the pros of 2.X are being lost while keeping all the negative (poor flight characteristics, red vs blue planes, Mario kart power ups) but running this outside of the training room means bots and they are not why people play p2p esports.

Sort of a double edged sword damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I know a bunch of us would give it a try if there was a reason to come back and re-grind all the planes you already ground out. 

Nimis obnoxii curare

honorabili #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2916 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
They should *AT LEAST* copy the clan system from World of Warships.

nwlxn12 #9 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
I find it ironic that WoWP advertised clan wars initially and said bombers would never be part of the game.  Now we have bombers and it appears clan wars will never be part of the game.

losttwo #10 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3899 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I was thinking that I should start my own clan.

anyone want to join SOON

El_Mulo #11 Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14474 battles

That's why I'm not in a clan.

Useless

Create obligations

More people hate you because they hate that clan

And what for??????

In the best situation an event should come (seriously??)  and the Commander will have to choose 12 out of 100 to participate leaving 88  angry birds.

What we say to death?

cartoonplane #12 Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

Airman Basic

• 2874 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I don't understand why WoW calls them Clans. We're flying combat aircraft, not playing some mid evil hobbit spell casting game. Should be called Squadrons!!!

Fighter Ace from the late 90's early 2000's offered more in some ways. I Like WoW better than their competitor, just wish they would incorporate some features that Fighter Ace had nearly 20 yrs ago. I'm sure the tech is available but not sure if it works from a profit standpoint. Fighter Ace died, reasons why? I don't know.

Edited by cartoonplane, 27 May 2019 - 01:58 PM.

losttwo #13 Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3899 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/55878-clan-wars-coming-soon/page__fromsearch__1

SkyWolf__WM #14 Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:42 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7319 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postcartoonplane, on 27 May 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

I don't understand why WoW calls them Clans. We're flying combat aircraft, not playing some mid evil hobbit spell casting game. Should be called Squadrons!!!

Fighter Ace from the late 90's early 2000's offered more in some ways. I Like WoW better than their competitor, just wish they would incorporate some features that Fighter Ace had nearly 20 yrs ago. I'm sure the tech is available but not sure if it works from a profit standpoint. Fighter Ace died, reasons why? I don't know.

I agree with the Squadron logic. I have been SkyWolf (with the Widow Makers squadron) since I started playing Sierra's "Red Baron" on the Sierra Network in the late 80's.

Then on to "Air Warriors", "Aces High", "Warbirds", and then WOWP.  The WM in my name is a shout out to the Widow Makers even though I think I am the last person alive. :(

I have also tried "the game that shall not be named" but it hoovered a wing wang. I fly with the Grey Wolves for the friendship, flightmates, and COMEDY of the guys in the Squadron.  :honoring:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

trikke #15 Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:50 AM

Captain

• 3294 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcartoonplane, on 27 May 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

welcome to the game and to the forums!       glhf
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users