• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

SpiritFoxMY #41 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:28 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5570 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostPanoptic, on 30 April 2019 - 05:14 AM, said:

I ended up getting the Do 335. It is probably the least maneuverable plane in my inventory. I find the Tu-1 to be more powerful than the Pfeil at least in my hands. 

After the Tu-1 event is over I will grind at least one regular tech tree line to T8. I am thinking the US heavy fighter line. 

You're relying a bit too much on turn. Don't yank the stick around with the Pfeil - take your time, set up your attacks and keep sweeping through. Tu-1 has better handling and lower optimal speeds so manages classic turn fights better.

The US heavy line isn't great at tier 8 since the pancake nerf. I would suggest the British if you're going to tier 8 - the Spitfire XIV is borderline overpowered and the most lethal TnB of that tier, the Tempest is arguably the best true Multirole and the Westland is a pretty good ship. The drawback is that the UK tier 9s are either horribly mediocre for their tiers (Sea Hawk, P. 228) or such a change from the early tiers that they're a culture shock despite being excellent (Attacker). 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

CorvusCorvax #42 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:39 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 29 April 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

You're relying a bit too much on turn. Don't yank the stick around with the Pfeil - take your time, set up your attacks and keep sweeping through. Tu-1 has better handling and lower optimal speeds so manages classic turn fights better.

The US heavy line isn't great at tier 8 since the pancake nerf. I would suggest the British if you're going to tier 8 - the Spitfire XIV is borderline overpowered and the most lethal TnB of that tier, the Tempest is arguably the best true Multirole and the Westland is a pretty good ship. The drawback is that the UK tier 9s are either horribly mediocre for their tiers (Sea Hawk, P. 228) or such a change from the early tiers that they're a culture shock despite being excellent (Attacker). 

The Do-335 turns very well for a heavy - in the vertical.  Don't screw around with the horizontal.  The 335 owns the Tu-1 in raw speed and altitude, and if you see a Tu-1, you climb above it, give it the juice, hit the Tu-1 hard, and boost away, hard.  Go vertical out of range, get up high, do it all over again.

Oddly enough, that's how you fly it, period!  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users