Rendering bug on Achipelago sea-floor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

hoom #1 Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10228 battles

Seems to be a rendering bug with the edges of terrain tiles for the sea-floor of Achipelago map.

Edit: also exists on at least Sea Gate map, on that map can see its the sea surface mesh not the terrain underneath.

Effect doesn't show up as well in the screenshots as you see in action but shows the general issue, I think its anti-aliasing issue.

Haven't seen similar issues previously with WoWP, wasn't doing it yesterday & I've not changed any drivers/settings.

Doesn't seem to be happening on other objects eg planes or above sea-level terrain.

Haven't noticed same effect on other maps, could be its there but not showing up due to water colour/depth but I don't think I've been this close to water on other maps either.

I have an AMD RX480 with latest 19.4.1 drivers, AA & AF etc set to 'Use Application Settings'.

All max settings ingame, AA enabled, I think FXAA. (will confirm after server reboot).

Edit: AF 16*, AA Enabled (I thought there was a mode option but just enable/disable)

Screen resolution is Windowed borderless, desktop is 2560*1600.

Anyway, haven't changed any of that since before the patch so what was working OK before should be still absent some change in the game.

I've run Check & Repair after the reset, loaded up a Training room & same issue still there.

Tried disabling/enabling AA, AF, downgrading some of the effects like Water Quality, only one that got rid of this effect was Low quality water.

Tested Sea Gate map & its there as well but less obvious

Here you can see the line visible either side of the island but not on land

Edited by hoom, 12 April 2019 - 09:56 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

blindfoId #2 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
Thank you so much for such a detailed report! :honoring: Forwarded to the team for them to take a look at the issue. 

hoom #3 Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10228 battles

With mention of sea surface being fixed for Macs in .7 I was hoping this might have been fixed for Windows too but still same.

For the record I have Win10 fully updated.

hoom #4 Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10228 battles

Has there been any word on this?

Its still same.

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one with it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users