tu-1 russian plane heavy heavy fighter fighter

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #21 Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• 24109 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 12 April 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Not in a TU-1 though. Shot down by one and spiralled into the ground.. Yes.

Prinzfrau is under the mistaken impression I care about win-rate or that I -am- playing the same game he is. He also still seems to be angry because I have more GT kills in a single conquest match than he can manage in any mode, which amuses me to no end simply because I know he cares.

Oh... and last night I was going for crits. Bombers are giant and easy to crit ;) I didn't care at all about wins. Because I'm participating in the event... you know.. playing a different game than Prinzfrau quite literally.

Zigfried's pretty good at carrying Prinzfrau to victories though, I gotta give Zig a hand there. Prinzfrau sure isn't.

:medal:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #22 Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:54 PM

Captain

• 24109 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 April 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Corvus....

I'm thinking you are not half as bad as I thought you deserved to be.

The Z & P "NO WIN ZONE" applies to everyone. Try not to get stuck in it.

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Z & P is a thing again?  How long this time?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Perco_lator #23 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 12 April 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

Oh damn, looks like the Captain is gonna have to bust out a new set of underoos.

Bobby_Tables #24 Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8151 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostPerco_lator, on 12 April 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

Oh damn, looks like the Captain is gonna have to bust out a new set of underoos.

I swear on a previous post he said his wife buys him third hand Garanimals so he can match stuff.  

Not that that helps with the Sharts that inevitably result from seeing Z&P in the pixel sky, but at least he looks nice.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 13 April 2019 - 12:20 AM.

Prenzlau #25 Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11372 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 12 April 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

Captain always has had "Bomber Envy" because our bombers are always better and maybe somewhat longer.

He is also still probably still upset and maybe a little traumatized when I flew over the top of him and his bomber exploded from my bomb drop. Oppsy!

My mine... you hear... my mine!!! All mine! Don't fly over my mine! It's mine.

Prenzlau

CorvusCorvax #26 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:10 AM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPerco_lator, on 12 April 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

Don't tell anyone, but I laughed out loud, and gave you an upvote.

CorvusCorvax #27 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:11 AM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPrenzlau, on 13 April 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

our bombers are always better and maybe somewhat longer.

OK, Perky made me laugh out loud, but this one really busted me up.  Very nice.

CorvusCorvax #28 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:17 AM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I response to the actual topic:

I own this plane, and have flown it with the stock crew and minimal equipment.  Even downtiered (at T7 vs. T8), this thing is a brute. 

1.)  Bombers of all stripes beware.  If I give this thing a speed build, and give the pilot all the engine points, I think I can make this guy keep up with almost any aircraft at-tier, and hold it's own against T8 enemies, even the RB-17.  At 1000m, the twin 50mm cannon absolutely delete aircraft.  ADA?  What ADA?

2.)  One of the benefits of running a higher-tier GAA is the fact that you can count on a high-skill gunner to keep HF at bay, or at least crit them so you can turn and use your cannon on them.  Not with this guy.  It can stand off and just zap you until you're dead.  No bomb-trapping, no weaving around to get cannons on target.  By the time you turn, this plane is already out of range.

I am looking forward to hunting human players in this plane.

legoboy0401 #29 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1758 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 April 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

I own this plane, and have flown it with the stock crew and minimal equipment.  Even downtiered (at T7 vs. T8), this thing is a brute. 

1.)  Bombers of all stripes beware.  If I give this thing a speed build, and give the pilot all the engine points, I think I can make this guy keep up with almost any aircraft at-tier, and hold it's own against T8 enemies, even the RB-17.  At 1000m, the twin 50mm cannon absolutely delete aircraft.  ADA?  What ADA?

2.)  One of the benefits of running a higher-tier GAA is the fact that you can count on a high-skill gunner to keep HF at bay, or at least crit them so you can turn and use your cannon on them.  Not with this guy.  It can stand off and just zap you until you're dead.  No bomb-trapping, no weaving around to get cannons on target.  By the time you turn, this plane is already out of range.

Not yet lost a third of your health from a Ki-93 from 1,200 meters away in it, have you? What do you think? Is it simply strong, or does it need nerfs of some kind because it's too strong?

Is it meh, gud, or overpowered on the Angry YouTuber rating system? We know already it isn't a "garbage" on that scale, that much is already evident.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Stygian_Alchemist #30 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11401 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 April 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

It really -is- a fun plane. I figure with sights and long barrels.... well.... I'll be able to delete things at an asinine range. That 30 fire rate is a whole new thing to have to learn.

View Postlegoboy0401, on 12 April 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

Not yet lost a third of your health from a Ki-93 from 1,200 meters away in it, have you? What do you think? Is it simply strong, or does it need nerfs of some kind because it's too strong?

Is it meh, gud, or overpowered on the Angry YouTuber rating system? We know already it isn't a "garbage" on that scale, that much is already evident.

It has plenty of ways to be beaten, but I would suggest you learn to watch your minimap if this is in the air, because it is not a plane that you can easily react-kill. It will have range on you, it will have single slam punch on you. If you understand how to fight a long-range class, you should understand that concept. Because this plane is an actual sniper-style plane. That gives it LOTS of vulnerabilities for the strengths it gets. Not least of which is that painfully low fire rate and the very low shot count out of the heat cycle. Also... talk of "Nerfing" a plane that's been out for 2 days is... illogical.

CorvusCorvax #31 Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:42 AM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlegoboy0401, on 13 April 2019 - 02:46 AM, said:

Having flown it all of one battle, I am not going to even pretend to give it a rating.  My one outing turned out well, but this plane could be WAY better with the right equipment and pilot.  WAY better.  And when the new equipment comes, it will be able to sneak up on folks, then zap them.

CorvusCorvax #32 Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:43 AM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 13 April 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

Also... talk of "Nerfing" a plane that's been out for 2 days is... illogical.

Logic and LegoMyEggo are not compatible.

legoboy0401 #33 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1758 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 April 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

Logic and LegoMyEggo are not compatible.

I was asking if it is too strong and thus therefore might need nerfs, or is it instead just fine balance-wise? That is all.

I was not asking for nerfs to it yet. I don't even know if it needs them or not. The latter is more than likely, actually.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

legoboy0401 #34 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1758 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 April 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

Having flown it all of one battle, I am not going to even pretend to give it a rating.  My one outing turned out well, but this plane could be WAY better with the right equipment and pilot.  WAY better.  And when the new equipment comes, it will be able to sneak up on folks, then zap them.

I think that's why Special Project Engine Protection and Special Project Turret Gunsight have been introduced. Can you imagine a already top-of-the-line, up-to-date, maximum defense build B-32 with Special Project Turret Gunsight? Ouch, kiss good-bye to any Heavy Fighters with medium-ranged weapons as their furthest reaching weapons.

Three words: RANGE, glorious RANGE.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

legoboy0401 #35 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1758 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 12 April 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

It really -is- a fun plane. I figure with sights and long barrels.... well.... I'll be able to delete things at an asinine range. That 30 fire rate is a whole new thing to have to learn.

It has plenty of ways to be beaten, but I would suggest you learn to watch your minimap if this is in the air, because it is not a plane that you can easily react-kill. It will have range on you, it will have single slam punch on you. If you understand how to fight a long-range class, you should understand that concept. Because this plane is an actual sniper-style plane. That gives it LOTS of vulnerabilities for the strengths it gets. Not least of which is that painfully low fire rate and the very low shot count out of the heat cycle. Also... talk of "Nerfing" a plane that's been out for 2 days is... illogical.

Yeah, I already know what that kind of plane is like to fight. Basically it's the Ki-93 all over again.

Never said the Tu-1 needed nerfing. Only asked you how strong you think it is, and if you think it is too strong or not.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Stygian_Alchemist #36 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11401 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlegoboy0401, on 12 April 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

Yeah, I already know what that kind of plane is like to fight. Basically it's the Ki-93 all over again.

Never said the Tu-1 needed nerfing. Only asked you how strong you think it is, and if you think it is too strong or not.

You asked if it needed nerfs of some kind. My response is still that its too early to even consider that.

First impressions after a bare handful of flights? It's strong, but not overly strong. It's well-matched at least against an elite Zwilling or an elite F7F. That's one of the usual benefits to a Premium though. It seems to actually have proper tradeoffs to have the strengths it has. We'll see how that goes with more playtime obviously and honestly I'm with Corvus on with the right equipment and pilot..... I dunno how strong it has a theoretical capacity of being. The theoretical output ceiling seems quite high but I get the feeling the output plateau for it is going to be low. Surpassing that plateau will require a not insignificant amount of skill from the player I -think-. It's going to be a while til I can 100% experiment with it as I've got two T10s I'm gearing right now so the TU-1 just has the one piece spare I had in my hangar (Long Barrels). It does seem that this is a plane that will NOT be everyone's cup of tea. I can already hear the begging for a faster rate of fire or more accuracy that could occur. I'd state in a preliminary manner that it feels balanced inside itself to -fly- it. It feels as strong as I'd expected a T7 to feel when I first got my first T7 and was sadly disappointed (My first T7 was the Zwilling.. at stock especially that plane makes you despise your life). Whether -that- is balanced properly against the current meta I feel is, again, impossible to determine with two days of data.

hoom #37 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10208 battles

I have this now, played 3 battles so far.

Stuck in some of my best crew (its a Premium -> can put any Soviet crew in there)

Its OK but not amazing.

Feels a lot like Bf-110-C6: a kinda lumbering yet floaty feel to it that makes it seem not that quick, long range hard hitting gun(s) but is a bit tricky to dial-in & aim confused by the 2ndary guns. (I've not managed to get dedicated primary fire button to work well)

First battle I was staying high trying to kill Bombers & getting annoyingly competed with by a P-51 & a Bf-109Z for a lot of it, the 109Z is much quicker & seemed to be doing most of the damage.

Later split off from them & was having a hard time landing hits on other planes.

2nd battle definitely felt pretty 110-C6 but I actually don't remember details much (not enough sleep!), did land some good hits, missed a bunch of others though.

3rd battle I had my aim in a lot better & got some real nice alpha hits.

While the top speed isn't that great I'm actually getting round the map pretty quickly, sustaining 650km/h easy level with blips of boost and 700 with a little dive. (running Improved Uprated Engine, Improved Mixture Control, pilot with both Engine Gurus)

Its the sort of plane that can do a lot of damage if left alone but will be incredibly frustrating to play when a player/headhunting bot decides to take you down.

Edited by hoom, 13 April 2019 - 09:42 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Captain_Underpants53 #38 Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:20 AM

Captain

• 24109 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 April 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

Captain always has had "Bomber Envy" because our bombers are always better and maybe somewhat longer.

He is also still probably still upset and maybe a little traumatized when I flew over the top of him and his bomber exploded from my bomb drop. Oppsy!

My mine... you hear... my mine!!! All mine! Don't fly over my mine! It's mine.

Prenzlau

I miss the days when you thought it was a good idea to ram my Tier IV bomber with your Tier III bomber.  Quite funny, actually.  :medal:

At 71 I have pretty much outgrown the 'who has the longest bomber' syndrome.  But you go ahead and keep on keepin' on.  :child:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #39 Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:23 AM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posthoom, on 13 April 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

I have this now, played 3 battles so far, stuck in some of my best crew (its a Premium -> can put any Soviet crew in there)

Its OK but not amazing, feels a lot like Bf-110-C6: a kinda lumbering yet floaty feel to it that makes it seem not that quick, long range gun(s) that hits hard but is a bit tricky to dial-in & aim confused by the 2ndary guns. (I've not managed to get dedicated primary fire button to work well)

First battle I was staying high trying to kill Bombers & getting annoyingly competed with by a P-51 & a Bf-109Z for a lot of it, the 109Z is much quicker & seemed to be doing most of the damage.

Later split off from them & was having a hard time landing hits on other planes.

2nd battle definitely felt pretty 110-C6 but I actually don't remember details much (not enough sleep!), did land some good hits, missed a bunch of others though.

3rd battle I had my aim in a lot better & got some real nice alpha hits.

While the top speed isn't that great I'm actually getting round the map pretty quickly, sustaining 650km/h easy level with blips of boost and 700 with a little dive. (running Improved Uprated Engine, Improved Mixture Control, pilot with both Engine Gurus)

Its the sort of plane that can do a lot of damage if left alone but will be incredibly frustrating to play when a player/headhunting bot decides to take you on.

Yeah, I got sniped/headhunted a bit.  Three more battles.  Excellent plane, but it needs more engine.  EGI and EGII plus ADE are going to be required.

CorvusCorvax #40 Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:25 AM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 April 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

At 71 I have pretty much outgrown the 'who has the longest bomber' syndrome.  But you go ahead and keep on keepin' on.  :child:

When you need a pill to keep your fuselage rigid...  ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users