Tu-1

tu-1 russian plane heavy heavy fighter fighter

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Stygian_Alchemist #1 Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 10771 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Russian Tu-1, what's the opinions of those who've gotten it?

So far... I honestly like this plane. I may like it more than anything else at its tier if I'm being honest. On paper.. it looks "meh".. in the air? 

It flutters like a butterfly while still maintaining a solid speed. The altitude climb capacity is quite nice.. and I got mildly giddy the first time I popped those big twin forward guns off and watched a light fighter disappear in a puff of smoke. Does it have its warts? Oh, certainly, complaints I can make without even trying: The turrets are almost completely useless as far as I am concerned. Perhaps that will change with gear and gunner skills, but so far.. *laughs*

Its energy retention is.. not impressive and neither is its acceleration... but it somehow all meshes together and works. It doesn't feel like it should, it doesn't -look- like it should, but it does. 

The op-ord was actually reasonable to complete as well. I mean.. I ground my face off to get it... but still. Worth it.

Neblin #2 Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3215 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Couldn't be bothered with the grind, but definitely worth the $53 AU I paid for it IMO!

Prenzlau #3 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10937 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 12 April 2019 - 03:07 AM, said:

Russian Tu-1, what's the opinions of those who've gotten it?

So far... I honestly like this plane. I may like it more than anything else at its tier if I'm being honest. On paper.. it looks "meh".. in the air? 

It flutters like a butterfly while still maintaining a solid speed. The altitude climb capacity is quite nice.. and I got mildly giddy the first time I popped those big twin forward guns off and watched a light fighter disappear in a puff of smoke. Does it have its warts? Oh, certainly, complaints I can make without even trying: The turrets are almost completely useless as far as I am concerned. Perhaps that will change with gear and gunner skills, but so far.. *laughs*

Its energy retention is.. not impressive and neither is its acceleration... but it somehow all meshes together and works. It doesn't feel like it should, it doesn't -look- like it should, but it does. 

The op-ord was actually reasonable to complete as well. I mean.. I ground my face off to get it... but still. Worth it.

Maybe you'll win a few more battles aye! :playing:

Best of luck.....

Prenzlau

Zigfreid #4 Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15643 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 April 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

Maybe you'll win a few more battles aye! :playing:

Best of luck.....

Prenzlau

No you didn't :hiding:

Jazz_4 #5 Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1529 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
I didn't get it my skill level in the game is to low to get the medals to progress in the grind so ill pass on this plane. 

CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:28 PM

Captain

• 4113 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostZigfreid, on 12 April 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Oh, I think he did...

Prenzlau #7 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10937 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostZigfreid, on 12 April 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

I know I did....

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Stygian_Alchemist #8 Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10771 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 April 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

Oh, I think he did...

Not in a TU-1 though. Shot down by one and spiralled into the ground.. Yes.

Prinzfrau is under the mistaken impression I care about win-rate or that I -am- playing the same game he is. He also still seems to be angry because I have more GT kills in a single conquest match than he can manage in any mode, which amuses me to no end simply because I know he cares.

Oh... and last night I was going for crits. Bombers are giant and easy to crit ;) I didn't care at all about wins. Because I'm participating in the event... you know.. playing a different game than Prinzfrau quite literally.

Zigfried's pretty good at carrying Prinzfrau to victories though, I gotta give Zig a hand there. Prinzfrau sure isn't.

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

Captain

• 4113 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 12 April 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Not in a TU-1 though. Shot down by one and spiralled into the ground.. Yes.

Prinzfrau is under the mistaken impression I care about win-rate or that I -am- playing the same game he is. He also still seems to be angry because I have more GT kills in a single conquest match than he can manage in any mode, which amuses me to no end simply because I know he cares.

Oh... and last night I was going for crits. Bombers are giant and easy to crit ;) I didn't care at all about wins. Because I'm participating in the event... you know.. playing a different game than Prinzfrau quite literally.

Zigfried's pretty good at carrying Prinzfrau to victories though, I gotta give Zig a hand there. Prinzfrau sure isn't.

I have flown with (and against) both.

I have earned their respect by being a good player both with them, and against them.  They know that if they are in bombers, and I am on the other team in a HF, they are in trouble.  If they are in bombers and I am in a HF on their team, it's almost a sure victory.

If I had to guess, I would guess that the both of them would MUCH prefer me to be an ally, and not an opponent.  It is merely a guess, but there is a lesson for you here, too.  You seem like a thoughtful person, so I'll leave it to you to think on it.

Prenzlau #10 Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10937 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 April 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

I have earned their respect by being a good player both with them, and against them.  They know that if they are in bombers, and I am on the other team in a HF, they are in trouble.  If they are in bombers and I am in a HF on their team, it's almost a sure victory.

If I had to guess, I would guess that the both of them would MUCH prefer me to be an ally, and not an opponent.  It is merely a guess, but there is a lesson for you here, too.  You seem like a thoughtful person, so I'll leave it to you to think on it.

Corvus....

I'm thinking you are not half as bad as I thought you deserved to be.

The Z & P "NO WIN ZONE" applies to everyone. Try not to get stuck in it.

Cheers!

Prenzlau

CorvusCorvax #11 Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:25 PM

Captain

• 4113 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 April 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Corvus....

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Both games are in play here.

Martymart1976 #12 Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5570 battles
  • [FK] FK

Well I kinda like the TU 1.  I was able to get high enough to knock out some player controlled new German bombers who were in the stratosphere and shoot them down. If you fly at altitude and stick with other heavy fighters, bombers, and enemy bomber flights you will do well.  The 45 cannons are a bit winky to dial in and lead, but once you get used to them they are good...a DO 335 went head on with me last night and I torched him with 2 salvos.  However, it seemed I did more damage to targets with my 23mm cannons.  Its pretty fast as well and has a good climb rate.  45 second boost is great!  

-Marty

Prenzlau #13 Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10937 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

ALL BOMBER KILLING HEAVY FIGHTERS SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS GAME!!!!!

he slowly looks around

I REALLY MEAN IT.... I REALLY DO.

Martymart1976 #14 Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5570 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 April 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

ALL BOMBER KILLING HEAVY FIGHTERS SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS GAME!!!!!

he slowly looks around

I REALLY MEAN IT.... I REALLY DO.

Prenz, I have a hard time putting your bombers in my crosshairs...I do, I really do...

Stygian_Alchemist #15 Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10771 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 April 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Oh, I like Zig. Prinz Reminds me of my kid brother... who I also mercilessly taunt while he tries to act high and mighty. Nothing personal or mean in that, to me it's great fun. Just like hanging out with my annoying kid brother. 

The lesson that -I've- already learned though? Zig is a great, bordering on perfect player. I won't downplay that at all. And Prinz... well.... Prinz is worth a laugh.

I'm not really here for deep and meaningful connection to anyone though. I'm here for the shallow and surface interactions and in this I'm getting exactly what I want and desire out of my gameplay experience.

View PostMartymart1976, on 12 April 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Well I kinda like the TU 1.  I was able to get high enough to knock out some player controlled new German bombers who were in the stratosphere and shoot them down. If you fly at altitude and stick with other heavy fighters, bombers, and enemy bomber flights you will do well.  The 45 cannons are a bit winky to dial in and lead, but once you get used to them they are good...a DO 335 went head on with me last night and I torched him with 2 salvos.  However, it seemed I did more damage to targets with my 23mm cannons.  Its pretty fast as well and has a good climb rate.  45 second boost is great!  

-Marty

This was basically my strategy with it last night. I've been trying it at low altitudes today and it fairly well destroys the GAA at its tier and that insane range allows you to just nose it up a tiny bit and get all the LFs and MRFs.

egikov #16 Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3839 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

I think it's too big for a heavy fighter. It's good for destroying bombers; but any heavy can kill it easy.

Tu-1 is based on Tu-2 - medium bomber which is bigger than Pe-2.

Pe-3 is a heavy that based on Pe-2 would be better overall heavy if it ever added, even if Pe-3 has smaller guns.

Stygian_Alchemist #17 Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10771 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postegikov, on 12 April 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

I think it's too big for a heavy fighter. It's good for destroying bombers; but any heavy can kill it easy.

Tu-1 is based on Tu-2 - medium bomber which is bigger than Pe-2.

Pe-3 is a heavy that based on Pe-2 would be better overall heavy if it ever added, even if Pe-3 has smaller guns.

So is that your experience actually flying it? 

Edited by White_Widow18, 12 April 2019 - 09:10 PM.

Stygian_Alchemist #18 Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10771 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Hey, Prinz even has the same bad taste in music to describe himself as my Brother. Now that's just coincidental gold.

losttwo #19 Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5035 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostJazz_4, on 12 April 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

I didn't get it my skill level in the game is to low to get the medals to progress in the grind so ill pass on this plane. 

Keep playing and eventually you will be extremely great at this game.

So you opt out of this particular fight and prize. No big deal.

There will be more.

In fact, none will deny, that they run more events like this than they run Clan Wars events.

Captain_Underpants53 #20 Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:50 PM

Captain

• 22415 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 April 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Corvus....

Cheers!

Prenzlau

I notice you do well when in a higher tier bomber.  Otherwise, well.....................
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users