It's not the bots, it's your decisions that make or break a game.

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #101 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19800 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 18 April 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

I argue that Corvus is angry at Legoboy because he sees himself in Legoboy.

He posts opinion posts as facts in an attempt to get validation from others (I'm looking squarely at this thread as an example), is overly oppositional/incapable of agreeing to disagree if people hold an opinion that differs from his, and tries to find wisdom from reading stat lines. Oh.. and like Legoboy.. he has more Forum posts than games played.

Basically, most of what Corvus' beefs seem to be.. are the points that I would consider he and Legoboy alike.

It's been quite an interesting little tableau to watch.

I'm certain they'll likely both disagree with this, but this is my outlook.

It's all non-productive and they agree on more than they disagree. I wish they'd both bury the hatchet and move on, because it's silly. We're all here to play the same game and enjoy it and we all have different opinions of how to play it and what any given facet of the game means (or IF it has meaning).

------------------------------------------------

One could argue it is Corvus who is missing something. What sort of supposedly grown and successful Man so constantly goes out of his way to rage at and bully someone younger is a question I know -many- would ask. It could also be argued that it is Legoboy that knows how to push Corvus' buttons.. since Corvus seems utterly incapable of just -not responding- to something Legoboy posts. Even Legoboy's attempts to be nice push Corvus' buttons.. so that would definitely seem like someone missing something.

I guess what I'm saying is... I don't disagree with you necessarily, I just have this other viewpoint about it over here as well.
*shrug*

-----------

You know what my ultimate response to a thread like this has to be?

"Welcome to World of Warplanes, where the rules are made up and the points don't really matter!"

Have your differences of opinion, get over them, play the game, and enjoy what you can of it.

Edited to add: Hornet nest kicking is a past-time for me. 

:medal:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Prenzlau #102 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9979 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I don't understand why some people are obviously being insulting toward Corvus. He is "less the victim" and I guess if a person can articulate and defend their own opinions and viewpoints, they somehow become some sort of "victimizer". My point is that Legoboy is not going to find many "fair fights" in this forum. 

I think Corvus deserves credit for trying to get Legoboy to understand, which seems like a selfless job if not a futile one. I think you have your own vendetta against Corvus, Widow, and that obviously is only meant to incite a reaction. So we have a bunch of people pandering for Corvus's approval and attention. I'm sure he feels very lucky to have such admiration. 

I knew that Legoboy was not a good selection to be a Community Ace, but that was the whole point. I thought he might have more under the hood, but it seems he is exactly what I thought, a semi-useful dupe that has limitations. I always give people the benefit of the doubt and opportunities to impress, so I do keep an open mind.

I cannot agree with your assessment Widow, Corvus is one of the most intelligent people I know in this game, he has always been ahead of the curve in his insights and awareness, and it seems insulting for anyone to think otherwise.

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Stygian_Alchemist #103 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8580 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostPrenzlau, on 18 April 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

I don't understand why some people are obviously being insulting toward Corvus. He is "less the victim" and I guess if a person can articulate and defend their own opinions and viewpoints, they somehow become some sort of "victimizer". My point is that Legoboy is not going to find many "fair fights" in this forum. 

I think Corvus deserves credit for trying to get Legoboy to understand, which seems like a selfless job if not a futile one. I think you have your own vendetta against Corvus, Widow, and that obviously is only meant to incite a reaction. So we have a bunch of people pandering for Corvus's approval and attention. I'm sure he feels very lucky to have such admiration. 

I knew that Legoboy was not a good selection to be a Community Ace, but that was the whole point. I thought he might have more under the hood, but it seems he is exactly what I thought, a semi-useful dupe that has limitations. I always give people the benefit of the doubt and opportunities to impress, so I do keep an open mind.

I cannot agree with your assessment Widow, Corvus is one of the most intelligent people I know in this game, he has always been ahead of the curve in his insights and awareness, and it seems insulting for anyone to think otherwise.

Cheers!

Prenzlau

:rolleyes::D:popcorn:

You're an interesting contortionist to watch Prenzlau. 

Captain_Underpants53 #104 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19800 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostPrenzlau, on 18 April 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Suck up much?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Stygian_Alchemist #105 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8580 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 18 April 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

Suck up much?

Now now Captain. We shouldn't accuse Prenzlau of sucking up when it's so obvious he's trolling. 

Stygian_Alchemist #106 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8580 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Now.. Back to reality. Corvus nor Lego have behaved well toward each other at different times and who started what is just he said she said/uh huh nuh uh nonsense. Trying to help is a subjective prospect. What helps one causes harm to another. Corvus' attempts have done nothing but cause inflammation of the situation. That's not help by any objective measure. 

I don't have an issue with Corvus. I enjoy flighting with and debating with him. That doesn't mean he is perfect or above reproach. No human is. I'm not, you are not, the Pope isn't. 

In this case, Corvus, if he were as wise and mature as Prenzlau is setting him on a pedestal as being, would simply ignore Lego. 

However, that's the whole point for Prenzlau. He's playing a social manipulation game and he picks and chooses who to back and try to set up as above the fray. Legoboy first, now Corvus. He holds no loyalty or objectivity except to create social chaos. His praise of Corvus is calculated to cause maximum drama and naught else. 

Corvus, directly, just put Lego on ignore and stop feeding the forum trolls with the drama between you and Lego? Please. 

I make that same request to Lego. 

Neither of you is doing anyone any good except the people who dislike either or both of you with you constant explosiveness toward one another. 

Prenzlau #107 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9979 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 18 April 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Now now Captain. We shouldn't accuse Prenzlau of sucking up when it's so obvious he's trolling. 

"Trolling"... I think not, I was just trying to help.

Speaking of "trolling".... why are you even here posting Widow? Oh yes, I forgot, you like to kick the Hornet nest. 

Slowly I see you fitting into Captain Blunderpants's role, which is a real shame I've gotten used to "old leather". 

It's time to fly, cannot wait to hear more Widow excuses.... my favorite is "I don't care about winning". 

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Captain_Underpants53 #108 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19800 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostPrenzlau, on 18 April 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

"Trolling"... I think not, I was just trying to help.

Speaking of "trolling".... why are you even here posting Widow? Oh yes, I forgot, you like to kick the Hornet nest. 

Slowly I see you fitting into Captain Blunderpants's role, which is a real shame I've gotten used to "old leather". 

It's time to fly, cannot wait to hear more Widow excuses.... my favorite is "I don't care about winning". 

Cheers!

Prenzlau

With 'help' like you, who needs hindrance?

You might as well get used to me because I ain't goin' nowhere.  Too much fun poking pins in your bloated ego.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #109 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19800 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 18 April 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

Now.. Back to reality. Corvus nor Lego have behaved well toward each other at different times and who started what is just he said she said/uh huh nuh uh nonsense. Trying to help is a subjective prospect. What helps one causes harm to another. Corvus' attempts have done nothing but cause inflammation of the situation. That's not help by any objective measure. 

I don't have an issue with Corvus. I enjoy flighting with and debating with him. That doesn't mean he is perfect or above reproach. No human is. I'm not, you are not, the Pope isn't. 

In this case, Corvus, if he were as wise and mature as Prenzlau is setting him on a pedestal as being, would simply ignore Lego. 

However, that's the whole point for Prenzlau. He's playing a social manipulation game and he picks and chooses who to back and try to set up as above the fray. Legoboy first, now Corvus. He holds no loyalty or objectivity except to create social chaos. His praise of Corvus is calculated to cause maximum drama and naught else. 

Corvus, directly, just put Lego on ignore and stop feeding the forum trolls with the drama between you and Lego? Please. 

I make that same request to Lego. 

Neither of you is doing anyone any good except the people who dislike either or both of you with you constant explosiveness toward one another. 

Social manipulation is his whole game.  He sure don't make good in the sky.

:trollface:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users