Defunct Clans

defunct clans

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 20801 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Currently there are almost 5000 clans in the game.  The majority of them are dead. 

I don't know all the causes and mechanics that go into to killing a clan but I can speak from experience about one cause that was the demise of the H_PUN clan.  Simply put, something happened to our Commander.  Without a Commander there are all sorts of stuff that can't be accomplished by other clan members.  Most notably to me, there IS NO WAY to get another Commander.  Also, only the Commander can disband a clan.   So there the clan sits, 'The Sitting Dead' so to speak.  Forever entombed in time.

I would suggest periodic emails to clan Commanders that, if not answered in an appropriate amount of time, would automatically eliminate the clan from the roster of clans.

This should greatly facilitate and simplify the current ongoing efforts to fix the clan stats page.  With fewer clans to deal with maybe we would finally see some results from these efforts.  Did I mention that this has been an ongoing project for well over a year?  October of 2017 to be precise.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #2 Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:00 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3971 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

All an individual need do is " leave " clan.

After " leaving " clan then one should not worry about the state of any CLAN.

Pour a cup of hot coffee and enjoy your breakfast.

No need to sweat the small stuff.

Who knows. Perhaps if WG began initiating CLAN BATTLES then they will return.

Or perhaps I should say

SOON we will have CLAN BATTLES and the Commanders of " defunct " clans will return.

Edited by losttwo, 04 April 2019 - 12:02 PM.

losttwo #3 Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:13 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3971 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

As a post script.

If I created a Clan and logo a few years ago

just to have a CLAN and logo but enjoyed being a clan of one.

I would be angry as all get out that WG deleted my clan.

The great thing about WG is that I can always reactivate my account.

I started a TANKS account long before PLANES and work my way up to Tier 7 or 8.

Can't remember the last time I logged in to TANKS but  Iknow I can always log in " re-activate " and play.

I think WG knows what they are doing.

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20801 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
You may not want to sweat the small stuff but that is you.  Why would WG delete your clan if you were answering periodic emails?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #5 Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:04 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3971 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 04 April 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

You may not want to sweat the small stuff but that is you.  Why would WG delete your clan if you were answering periodic emails?

Then there is that too. The e-mail thing. The last time I checked my e-mail was was when I reset my password to reactivate my WOWP account.

Before that, I think it was like 2 years ago.

Like I tell the teachers at the kids school. Call me do not e-mail me.

You know it takes about an hour to delete a few years worth of e-mails.

nwlxn12 #6 Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
5000 clans...lol.  Clans may have been created in the hopes that WG was going to give them an in game purpose and since they STILL don't have any in game functionality, many have turned into ghost clans.  If WG were to remove all the dead clans, that would leave them with a much smaller number which in turn looks bad for them, so I am thinking they would rather have a bunch of dead clans then a small number of active clans.  I like your idea of getting rid of them though...just pretty sure WG won't bother.

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #7 Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4033 battles
  • [-REX-] -REX-
If the commander is no longer active, all the features corresponding to his position should pass to the next officer automatically after a certain time, 30 days maybe (?). The management should move from one officer to another depending on their activity.

HoujuuNue #8 Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7951 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE
Clans are shared with tanks unlike that isolated warship game

losttwo #9 Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3971 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Clan battles will becoming  SOON

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:04 PM

Captain

• 1050 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postnwlxn12, on 04 April 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

5000 clans...lol.  Clans may have been created in the hopes that WG was going to give them an in game purpose and since they STILL don't have any in game functionality, many have turned into ghost clans.  If WG were to remove all the dead clans, that would leave them with a much smaller number which in turn looks bad for them, so I am thinking they would rather have a bunch of dead clans then a small number of active clans.  I like your idea of getting rid of them though...just pretty sure WG won't bother.

and there is our answer

of course only IMHO

:)

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

SkyWolf__WM #11 Posted 06 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7500 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postlosttwo, on 04 April 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Clan battles will becoming  SOON

:teethhappy:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

_A_3_ #12 Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 04 April 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

This should greatly facilitate and simplify the current ongoing efforts to fix the clan stats page.  With fewer clans to deal with maybe we would finally see some results from these efforts.  Did I mention that this has been an ongoing project for well over a year?  October of 2017 to be precise.

Players before 2.0 were given version 2.0 for all of their efforts.

What can you expect from WG for all of your 2.0 effort? :trollface:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #13 Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:44 PM

Captain

• 1050 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Post_A_3_, on 06 April 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Players before 2.0 were given version 2.0 for all of their efforts.

What can you expect from WG for all of your 2.0 effort? :trollface:

Do you remember when wg would talk up their future plans... what a pile of laughter that stinks 

Now you hardly hear a peep about grandiose plans 

Because there are none 

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

blindfoId #14 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
You might be right on the whole but there's one important blocker for it. When you create a clan you need to pay a certain amount of money. Technically, you are buying it, we cannot just move the purchased property to someone else. 

Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20801 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostblindfoId, on 12 April 2019 - 08:32 AM, said:

You might be right on the whole but there's one important blocker for it. When you create a clan you need to pay a certain amount of money. Technically, you are buying it, we cannot just move the purchased property to someone else. 

Fine.  Don't just move the property to some one else.  Just figure out a way to weed out all the dead clans cluttering up the joint.  My suggestion for emails was just one idea.  I'm sure there are more and better ones out there.  Just need some incentive and ambition.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Perco_lator #16 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 12 April 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

I thought technically everything related to the game remains the property of WG?

5.4 Ownership of Your Account. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN YOUR ACCOUNT, AND THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO YOUR ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF WARGAMING. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE NO CLAIM, RIGHT, TITLE, OWNERSHIP, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY INTEREST IN THE ADDITIONAL FEATURES (AS DEFINED BELOW) THAT YOU UNLOCK OR ACCUMULATE, REGARDLESS OF ANY CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR SUCH ADDITIONAL FEATURES. FURTHERMORE, WARGAMING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR THE DESTRUCTION, DELETION, MODIFICATION, IMPAIRMENT, HACKING, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND CAUSED TO THE GAME CONTENT OR ADDITIONAL FEATURES, INCLUDING THE DELETION OF GAME CONTENT OR ADDITIONAL FEATURES UPON THE TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.

nwlxn12 #17 Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 12 April 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

Fine, just make it so a non-active ghost clan is just that, a ghost...make it so they don't show up in the clan list or in the HoF or anywhere else.  If by chance the owner of that clan comes back and starts playing then the clan comes back and can be seen by everyone else.

losttwo #18 Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:54 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3971 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPerco_lator, on 12 April 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

FEATURES UPON THE TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.

It hink yo uforgo ttor eadt hel astl ine.

Accounts are not deleted unless you specifically request or are perma banned.

Accounts do not expire as of yet and as far as I know.

I have retrieved my Tanks account a couple of times and of course just recently WOWP.

Perco_lator #19 Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

It hink yo uforgo ttor eadt hel astl ine.

Accounts are not deleted unless you specifically request or are perma banned.

Accounts do not expire as of yet and as far as I know.

I have retrieved my Tanks account a couple of times and of course just recently WOWP.

I didn't forget to read anything there, especially the relevant parts.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN YOUR ACCOUNT, AND THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO YOUR ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF WARGAMING & YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE NO CLAIM, RIGHT, TITLE, OWNERSHIP, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY INTEREST IN THE ADDITIONAL FEATURES (AS DEFINED BELOW) THAT YOU UNLOCK OR ACCUMULATE, REGARDLESS OF ANY CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR SUCH ADDITIONAL FEATURES

losttwo #20 Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3971 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPerco_lator, on 12 April 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

I didn't forget to read anything there, especially the relevant parts.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN YOUR ACCOUNT, AND THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO YOUR ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF WARGAMING & YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE NO CLAIM, RIGHT, TITLE, OWNERSHIP, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY INTEREST IN THE ADDITIONAL FEATURES (AS DEFINED BELOW) THAT YOU UNLOCK OR ACCUMULATE, REGARDLESS OF ANY CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR SUCH ADDITIONAL FEATURES

in Legal ease as set out by Cliff Notes and LAW LANGUAGE For Dumbies ( like me )

and of course the world famous TOM BEAUDET.

You may have no ownership or property interest but we will leave a light on for you.

Also tagged with defunct, clans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users