Well, it's about dang time.

B-32 bomber winning

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #1 Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:58 AM

Captain

• 3142 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

For months, I've had this plane.  The only time I've ever had any fun with it was on community night, when we lined up 7 B-32s on one side, and the other side tried to beat us.  TAKE THAT, NON-BOMBERS!  SUCK IT!  (Seriously, it was LOL-fun.)

I've flown this thing on and off, and been pretty crap trying to make it do what I want.  With a two-point pilot and a two-point gunner, plus not specialized, it is just a giant pain to fly this thing.  So, I just said "heck with it, I'm gonna fly this em-effer and see what it can do, high, low, flying flak trap, whatever."

Finally got top rank and carried the team by putting bombs where they needed to be, when they needed to be.  I think I've finally figured out the reload/time-on-target thing, which is a serious key to making any bomber work.  Plus making the bomber move in the right way to put bombs somewhere near where they need to be.  With Demolition Expert and silver bombs, it really can get the job done, IF...

IF you can put the bombs where they need to be, and

IF you can place them WHEN they need to be.  The WHEN part is key.  When the military base only gets off one rocket before it flips blue, you dun gud.

legoboy0401 #2 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1425 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 02 April 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

For months, I've had this plane.  The only time I've ever had any fun with it was on community night, when we lined up 7 B-32s on one side, and the other side tried to beat us.  TAKE THAT, NON-BOMBERS!  SUCK IT!  (Seriously, it was LOL-fun.)

I've flown this thing on and off, and been pretty crap trying to make it do what I want.  With a two-point pilot and a two-point gunner, plus not specialized, it is just a giant pain to fly this thing.  So, I just said "heck with it, I'm gonna fly this em-effer and see what it can do, high, low, flying flak trap, whatever."

Finally got top rank and carried the team by putting bombs where they needed to be, when they needed to be.  I think I've finally figured out the reload/time-on-target thing, which is a serious key to making any bomber work.  Plus making the bomber move in the right way to put bombs somewhere near where they need to be.  With Demolition Expert and silver bombs, it really can get the job done, IF...

IF you can put the bombs where they need to be, and

IF you can place them WHEN they need to be.  The WHEN part is key.  When the military base only gets off one rocket before it flips blue, you dun gud.

You know I hate you and you suck, right? Regardless, the B-32 is very cool and I can't wait to get my own(I have a slot reserved for it because I am keeping my B-17G) and have you once again tell me to GIT GUD, NOOB. :sceptic::facepalm:

How about you take your own advice, and then shut up? That would be nice. I'm tired of your constant condescendion(yes, that  is a word). It needs to stop.

Back in topic though, I'm glad you are getting the hang of it. None of the carpet bombers are easy to learn.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

White_Widow18 #3 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7356 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Bombing is the art of dodging and shooting every thing coming at you in the air and managing to line up your bomber to drop bombs when and where they are needed.. and you have to do all of that in a plane that needs its own zip code to turn around in usually while trying to maintain situational awareness of the minimap and the position of all enemies heavies and MRFs because they will randomly just bee-line across the map at you.

The B-32 is what I call a one string two-cap flipper. What that means is one string of bombs -should- flip any single cap if you actually lined up the appropriate bombing run and you -should- have enough boost to boost in from spawn, hit a node, go to the next and blast it too before you run out of boost. Then it's an insane amount of time-eating dodging and turret work until the bombs reload and the boost juice tanks refill. After that, you feather the boost to maintain a good average speed to caps 3 and 4. Wash, rinse, repeat. Sometimes after cap 2 I'll purposely nose the B-32 into the ground because if I work it right I can use the travel from spawn time to reload if I stay off the boost.. then slam it and accelerate -through- the base to the second one.

There -is- a build to make it a mobile turret capable of taking on 4 LF or MRF at a time and beating them... but it requires -way- more gunner and pilot skills and specialization.

"Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink."
Things said to me when I've won:

White_Widow18 #4 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7356 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Grade A popcorn eating material.
"Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink."

hoom #5 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6773 battles

Block Quote

I think I've finally figured out the reload/time-on-target thing

And then some [edited]flips the cap either just when you get over the cap or while your bombs are dropping :bajan:

And then again on the next cap and the one after...

Have had that screw up a bunch of B-17G battles recently.

Edited by hoom, 03 April 2019 - 02:40 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

White_Widow18 #6 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7356 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View Posthoom, on 02 April 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

And then some [edited]flips the cap either just when you get over the cap or while your bombs are dropping :bajan:

Oh yea.. did I mention you have to figure out the efficiency of your allied planes and constantly monitor where they are as well otherwise no matter how well you get the lining up bomb drops with constant dodging theory... Well.. you won't do anything because everyone and their brother -can- flip under you while you're dropping bombs? =D

Bombers, to my view, are the most complex of the planes to fly because you have to learn to fly it from bombsights, turret, and normal flight, you have to learn how to monitor close in and entire match maps and remember and monitor where each plane started and is currently in flight so you know which is which and where they are at all times.. all while managing multiple cooldowns including turret burst length on some planes.

You begin to feel like a ping-pong ball of skillsets and inputs when you really get it going.

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19005 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
The B-32 (despite the extra nerfs) is still my favorite bomber.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:40 AM

Captain

• 3142 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 03 April 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

Oh yea.. did I mention you have to figure out the efficiency of your allied planes and constantly monitor where they are as well otherwise no matter how well you get the lining up bomb drops with constant dodging theory... Well.. you won't do anything because everyone and their brother -can- flip under you while you're dropping bombs? =D

Bombers, to my view, are the most complex of the planes to fly because you have to learn to fly it from bombsights, turret, and normal flight, you have to learn how to monitor close in and entire match maps and remember and monitor where each plane started and is currently in flight so you know which is which and where they are at all times.. all while managing multiple cooldowns including turret burst length on some planes.

You begin to feel like a ping-pong ball of skillsets and inputs when you really get it going.

That's for sure.  I have worked on my bomber skills off and on since I got the A-26.  I have done some spotty work with it, but using it as an extra-heavy fighter is good for some laughs.  The turret nerfs really sucked the joy out of that plane.

But the B-32 is great.  Once I get it specialized, I think it'll be great fun  Currently, I will fly almost anything else in my hangar, because of the learning curve for doing well in a bomber without all the goodies.

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:41 AM

Captain

• 3142 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postlegoboy0401, on 03 April 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

[nothing of substance]

I'm sure someday your opinion about something will be interesting.

I'll let you know.

CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:45 AM

Captain

• 3142 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posthoom, on 03 April 2019 - 02:39 AM, said:

Yeah, work your keister off to get to the cap alive, and with bombs, and then you get to cool your heels while the lock timer resets.  During which time, the heavy bots have decided that they are dogs, and that my bomber is wearing bacon underwear.

I love getting set upon by two heavies and two MRFs, and trying to stay alive while lining up a run.  But just about NOTHING is more rewarding that running over a plant and one-pass flipping it, and killing a red GAA with bombs at the same time.  :)

But yeah, a two-point pilot means I actually have to do all the work, dang it.  :)

legoboy0401 #11 Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1425 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 02 April 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

<failed attempt at trolling is a fail>

Oh, and I'm entirely sure someday your "advice" will actually be worth something. 

I'll you know. Until then, sionara, I'm blocking you. I couldn't care less about what unhelpful faux-advice you spam. I'm sure you're a great player, but from the way you treat me on this forum, no one would deduce that.

Oh, and yeah, I never said I'm a perfect player. Heck, I'm not even an above average player. But assuming I'm a zero, that's where you've got it wrong, and constantly trying to derail my threads and bully me are NOT cool.

But you don't give a "insert generic swear word here", now do you? No, you don't. Because you are a bully who doesn't care what other people think, only that you get a high from putting me down.

Can I ask you one thing, honestly and openly? Why do you get a high from putting me down? Hmm? I know people who are insecure use the Internet as an almost guaranteed anonymous method for bullying, but why do you specifically do so?

One last thing: I don't care what you think. Pretend like I do if you must, but know the only thing I ever read any of your comments is to decide just how much of a jerk you are.

"GIT GUD" is a meme, not advice, and why you think it's helpful I'll never know and never care.

Your sworn enemy and biggest critic and hater, Legoboy0401

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

LMG #12 Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

If only someone had recorded such an amazing moment in time :bajan:

Edited by LMG, 03 April 2019 - 04:49 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

CorvusCorvax #13 Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:58 AM

Captain

• 3142 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postlegoboy0401, on 03 April 2019 - 04:39 AM, said:

[several whiny paragraphs of "not caring"]

Cool story, bro.

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:00 AM

Captain

• 3142 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostLMG, on 03 April 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

If only someone had recorded such an amazing moment in time :bajan:

Heh. It was hilarious.  Thanks to mnbv_fockewulfe for doing this.  It has been serious fun.

Bobby_Tables #15 Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6051 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 02 April 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Grade A popcorn eating material.

Noice emojis! 

*pats self on back*

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 03 April 2019 - 05:39 AM.

Also tagged with B-32, bomber, winning

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users