Joystick GYSTpersha

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Goat_mesiah #1 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4869 battles
  • [-GCR-] -GCR-

I recently aquired a VKB-SIM GLADIATOR MK.II

When assigning the stick I immeadiately ran head-first into the problem that the game client did not detect my Jaw axis.

I already submitted a ticket, but if someone else had/has this problem and has more input on the matter, please contibute to the thread.

tl;dr Found a new joystick issue, HALP!

SkyWolf__WM #2 Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9570 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

That's a puzzler. Never even heard it mentioned before. :unsure: It seems you have had it "working" for a while.

I use a joystick . WOWP automatically sets my Axis. (X Y Z).

When you first enter the hanger, hit the "esc" button, select "settings" and the settings screen will Display. The "control scheme" slot (a dropdown) should be set to "Joystick". You will then shown the "axis" preset. Don't intercourse with it.

Modify your other settings if you wish. I can't think of a reason why you would need to change the Yaw, Pitch, Roll Defaults for a joystick. I've played WOWP since beta, with 2 different joystick manufacturers. But it's possible that they have "bettered" your experience with latest update. 

I've never experienced this problem. :(

I'll save you some time as well. After submitting a ticket WG will answer "soon". ©

They will ask you some dumb question, tell you to clear your cache, suggest that you are running mods and that you stop. None of that will work, but what the heck, clear your cache anyway, and then return to the forums and hope someone who isn't a brain dead stroked out old dude like me can actually help you. Good luck. :amazed:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

SkyWolf__WM #3 Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:05 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9570 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 02 April 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

That's a puzzler. Never even heard it mentioned before. :unsure: It seems you have had it "working" for a while.

I use a joystick . WOWP automatically sets my Axis. (X Y Z).

When you first enter the hanger, hit the "esc" button, select "settings" and the settings screen will Display. The "control scheme" slot (a dropdown) should be set to "Joystick". You will then shown the "axis" preset. Don't intercourse with it.

Modify your other settings if you wish. I can't think of a reason why you would need to change the Yaw, Pitch, Roll Defaults for a joystick. I've played WOWP since beta, with 2 different joystick manufacturers. But it's possible that they have "bettered" your experience with latest update. 

I've never experienced this problem. :(

I'll save you some time as well. After submitting a ticket WG will answer "soon". ©

They will ask you some dumb question, tell you to clear your cache, suggest that you are running mods and that you stop. None of that will work, but what the heck, clear your cache anyway, and then return to the forums and hope someone who isn't a brain dead stroked out old dude like me can actually help you. Good luck. :amazed:

It might also help to change the title from "VKB-SIM GLADIATOR MK. II - bug" something more eye catching. Like #^*#@^& just #&*% went and $^&(*%$R# me. :sceptic:

losttwo #4 Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I thought you were talking about a new plane But NNNNOOOO.

All about some new joystick.

Sky has some good advice on titling the thread.

#^*#@^& just #&*% went and $^&(*%$R# me.

is more eye catching and would make everyone look.

Chuck_norris10 #5 Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2277 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

I have to use custom instead of the logitech because I dont like the throttle on the stick boosting just before full throttle so boost is on my "W" key on my board and then i dont accidently waste boost on JS throttle.

I map all my axis custom and with some of the twitchy fighters it makes a huge difference from default.

Then if I switch to a heavy slow lumbering fighter I just change the dead zone.

So I dont think you have to choose the default stick from the drop down but can use custom.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:22 PM

Captain

• 1214 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

sometimes I go for days thinking my monitor is broken...

because I can't find my mouse cursor

but then I remember to put a new battery in it...

I'm good at fixing technical stuff like that:unsure:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

DrSinister #7 Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:05 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Does the Windows Game Controller recognizes your Joystick's axes?

1. Open the Game Controllers window:
    1. In Windows 10, type joy.cpl in the Search box, and then select the joy.cpl result to bring up theGame Controllers window.
    2. In Windows 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then select Search. Type joy.cpl, and then select Game Controllers in the search results.
    3. In Windows 7, select Start. In the Search programs and files box, type joy.cpl, and then select the Game Controllers icon when it appears.
  2. In the Game Controllers window, select your joystick, and then select Properties.
  3. Under tab see if the + is moving in the box labeled X Axis / Y Axis and any of the other buttons and Point of View Hat.
  4. If not, then select Settings tab, then Calibrate...  
  5. Follow the steps in the Device Calibration Wizard.
  6. To save the new calibration settings, select Finish, and then select Apply.
  7. Test the operation of the controller.  If you are satisfied with the new settings, select OK, and then select OK again.

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:26 AM

Captain

• 24078 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
:medal:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Goat_mesiah #9 Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4869 battles
  • [-GCR-] -GCR-

View PostDrSinister, on 03 April 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

Does the Windows Game Controller recognizes your Joystick's axes?

1. Open the Game Controllers window:
    1. In Windows 10, type joy.cpl in the Search box, and then select the joy.cpl result to bring up theGame Controllers window.
    2. In Windows 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then select Search. Type joy.cpl, and then select Game Controllers in the search results.
    3. In Windows 7, select Start. In the Search programs and files box, type joy.cpl, and then select the Game Controllers icon when it appears.
  2. In the Game Controllers window, select your joystick, and then select Properties.
  3. Under tab see if the + is moving in the box labeled X Axis / Y Axis and any of the other buttons and Point of View Hat.
  4. If not, then select Settings tab, then Calibrate...  
  5. Follow the steps in the Device Calibration Wizard.
  6. To save the new calibration settings, select Finish, and then select Apply.
  7. Test the operation of the controller.  If you are satisfied with the new settings, select OK, and then select OK again.

It is the first I checked after I connected it to the pc.

The Jaw axis is translated to the X Rotational axis, but the throttle is translated as the Z axis, I'm currently exploring the possibility of switching them around somehow.

Also tried updating the firmware of the joystick, but it is of no effect on "how well wowp works with my stick".

The ticket I submitted is still unanswered.

I'm also running dangerously low on herb... I will revisit the matter tomorrow.

Edited by Goat_mesiah, 03 April 2019 - 01:11 PM.

trikke #10 Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:56 PM

Captain

• 3626 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

made me wiki the Gloster Gladiator Mk.ll

"All MK II Gladiators also carried Browning 0.303-inch machine guns (licence-manufactured by the BSA company in Birmingham) in place of the Vickers-Lewis combination of the MK I. A modified Mk II, the Sea Gladiator, was developed for the Fleet Air Arm (FAA), with an arrestor hookcatapult attachment points, a strengthened airframe and an underbelly fairing for a dinghy lifeboat, all for operations aboard aircraft carriers"

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SkyWolf__WM #11 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:32 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9570 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
If Sinister doesn't know then we are all doomed. :(

DrSinister #12 Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:15 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
This is odd.  iirc this Joysticks is produced by a RU company, and I thought that it did work for RU players at the RU WoWp server.  Only thing I can think of is if Windows is translating the axes as something else, you may have to use a third party joystick emulator to properly have the axes read correctly.

Looks like for some unboxing videos that it has the DCS and War Thunder logo, so I would think it should work fine for WoWp.

losttwo #13 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:11 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posttrikke, on 03 April 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

made me wiki the Gloster Gladiator Mk.ll

"All MK II Gladiators also carried Browning 0.303-inch machine guns (licence-manufactured by the BSA company in Birmingham) in place of the Vickers-Lewis combination of the MK I. A modified Mk II, the Sea Gladiator, was developed for the Fleet Air Arm (FAA), with an arrestor hookcatapult attachment points, a strengthened airframe and an underbelly fairing for a dinghy lifeboat, all for operations aboard aircraft carriers"

:medal:

:D

Goat_mesiah #14 Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4869 battles
  • [-GCR-] -GCR-

Found a option in the software to switch the axï around

SixesV #15 Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:28 AM

Airman Basic

• 3385 battles
Goat, where did you find the option to switch the axis around? I have the same problem with mine..

Also tagged with Joystick, GYSTpersha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users