Thank you WG! Thanks to you I have beaten my record of multiple black screen upon queings in a r...

bugs WG

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

legoboy0401 #1 Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

I just LOVE how I just had 3 black screen on queings in a row. What's next? 4 in a row? WoWP bugs are the bugs that just keep on giving.

:facepalm:

This is a new kind of stupid. Yes, I do clear my cache.

What's next? The game crashing to desktop upon loading the hangar and then magically uninstalling itself from the computer?

WoWP officially hates me. Why? Is it because I fly bombers a lot? Well if it was targeted at players who primarily play bombers to drive them away from the game, I shouldn't be included on that list. I mean, I do in fact play all classes. These 3 battles in a row where I got 3 black screens on queings in a row, for example, were al in my Ju-87G, NOT a bomber, as one might note.

I mean, I doubt those were actually targeted at all, let alone at me in particular, but I can't think of any other reason that they should keep happening in a row when I keep clearing my cache.

What also baffles me, simple baffles me, is that WG has not fixed this yet, and I really haven't even heard an assurance from blindfold that they are indeed presently working on a solution.

Knowing a bit about programming myself, most bugs should in theory be a pretty simple fix, including this one.

Any thoughts?

Regards, Legoboy0401

Edited by legoboy0401, 31 March 2019 - 11:20 PM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

White_Widow18 #2 Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6695 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
It has to be said.

Someone should page Hamhockjones into this conversation. 
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

legoboy0401 #3 Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 31 March 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

It has to be said.

LOL, I know what you mean, but he's still banned.

Yeah yeah, my theory is outlandish, but when all other possible explanations have been eliminated, the last one remaining has to be the true one, no matter how crazy or ridiculous it might sound.

I'm not saying that necessarily all of the other possible explanations have been eliminated, but to me it sure feels like it.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

White_Widow18 #4 Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6695 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Black screens specifically seem linked to network issues as far as I can tell combing through my system logs when they happen. 

The game seems to just stop communicating with the server. Being alt-tabbed out exacerbates this, but so does -anything- else on your computer using any network resources while you're loading.

Could it be an easy bug to fix? Maybe.. it might also be a bug that's induced by the shoddy internet service in the U.S. though. Our IT and Internet infrastucture is -way- behind and I dunno where WG's NA servers are physically located.. but if even -one- of the routers between you and it decides to be a potato that also seems to make everything go bonkers.

Now.. you'd -think- they'd build some better network buffering into the game that would fix that... but with as fast-twitch real-time as this is that might be being part of the issue.

I have a weird hunch though that it has to do with QoS packet scheduling or some other little traffic handling system in Windows itself.
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

legoboy0401 #5 Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles
Anyway, I was going to play until 5:00 PM today but now I'm not sure if I want to.

Edited by legoboy0401, 31 March 2019 - 11:39 PM.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Moonrider #6 Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1566 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 31 March 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

It has to be said.

Ham is no longer a member of this forum under that name. He was removed from the forum user list a week or so ago. How do I know this? He was on my ignore list, and his user name went from maroon to gray, which happens when forum members "go away."

Legoboy is merrily following the same trajectory it seems, although not at such a rapid pace. The day will come when he annoys one too many people, and his name is turned to that dead gray color. Although, if he keeps up his new habit of trying to cram a whole post into post titles that day may come sooner.

Hopefully he'll learn the value of succinctness soon.

Edited by Moonrider, 01 April 2019 - 11:47 AM.

Logic is a feeble reed, friend. "Logic" proved that airplanes can't fly and that H-bombs won't work and that stones don't fall out of the sky. Logic is a way of saying that anything which didn't happen yesterday won't happen tomorrow.
-- R. A Heinlein​, Glory Road

legoboy0401 #7 Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

View PostMoonrider, on 01 April 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

Ham is no longer a member of this forum under that name. He was removed from the forum user list a week or so ago. How do I know this? He was on my ignore list, and his user name went from maroon to gray, which happens when forum members "go away."

Legoboy is merrily following the same trajectory it seems, although not at such a rapid pace. The day will come when he annoys one too many people, and his name is turned to that dead gray color. Although, if he keeps up his new habit of trying to cram a whole post into post titles that day may come sooner.

Hopefully he'll learn the value of succinctness soon.

Since when do I accuse others of cheating? Since never, and I never hackuse anyone either.

Those were what got Hamhock banned, not even his conspiracy theories in literally every thread he ever made.

I only make an odd conspiracy theory now and then when I'm completely at my wit's end to explain something. Even then I always note how improbable it is.

Unfortunately,  black screen on queings(any and all black screens really) don't have official acronyms at the moment, so I run the risk of confusing the heck out of everyone else if I attempt to make one of my own for each of them. This was what made this particular title so long.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:20 PM

Captain

• 894 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlegoboy0401, on 01 April 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Since when do I accuse others of cheating? Since never, and I never hackuse anyone either.

Those were what got Hamhock banned, not even his conspiracy theories in literally every thread he ever made.

I only make an odd conspiracy theory now and then when I'm completely at my wit's end to explain something. Even then I always note how improbable it is.

Unfortunately,  black screen on queings(any and all black screens really) don't have official acronyms at the moment, so I run the risk of confusing the heck out of everyone else if I attempt to make one of my own for each of them. This was what made this particular title so long.

happy birthday kid

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

legoboy0401 #9 Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 01 April 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

happy birthday kid

Why, thank you!

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

MoeLykit #10 Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:55 PM

Airman Basic

• 547 battles
I'm having the Same issue haven't been able to play since last night soon as I queue just a black screen and nothing happens never had this issue before guess i'll just head back to warships and stay there

Moonrider #11 Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1566 battles

View PostMoeLykit, on 01 April 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

I'm having the Same issue haven't been able to play since last night soon as I queue just a black screen and nothing happens never had this issue before guess i'll just head back to warships and stay there

As suggested before contact support and follow their instructions, like Azis_ did. It worked for him, and indicates that support just might know something about why it's happening. 

linky: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/55450-only-black-screen-in-battle/page__pid__775080#entry775080

Logic is a feeble reed, friend. "Logic" proved that airplanes can't fly and that H-bombs won't work and that stones don't fall out of the sky. Logic is a way of saying that anything which didn't happen yesterday won't happen tomorrow.
-- R. A Heinlein​, Glory Road

Chuck_norris10 #12 Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1276 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Yup,been getting worse every day and i have very high speed.

When you click play and nothing happens just wait.it can take 40 seconds for the play button to grey out.Clicking it multiple times will try make it open the game multiple times.

Now you get to the black load screen,game unresponsive it says up top,wait 47 seconds as it trys and trys to load.

If you do finally get flying after a few games the game just sucks the memory or something from my computer and I have to reboot,sometimes with the power button as the game will lock it right up and get my cooling fans spinning at mach 1. You almost have to shut down after a few matches and load the game again.

Unhooked everything so only internet is for the game and I can stream off two kodi android boxes so I know I have good net.

Try one of my other computers and same thing. Locked up so bad I cant even bring up the task manager to shut the game down.

Definitely the problem is once again on their side.

GreatBallsO_Fire_Jr #13 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 713 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
It happens to me all the time. I've just gotten used to it and close the game and reopen it as fast as i can so i don't get shot down at the beginning of the battle.

Also tagged with bugs, WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users