Jump to content


Is it just me? Why do I absolutely SUCK when I take a week off?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SkyWolf__WM #21 Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:29 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9569 battles
  • 4,636
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Postbradk62, on 29 March 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

Go ahead, get it out of your system.....I'm not that good when I play regular either.

 

All done?

 

OK.  Now answer me this?  Do you find yourself struggling to eke out wins that should be easy when you've been out for an a week or more?

 

Got stuck late at work for the last week and wasn't able to get in more than an occasional single flight.  Back last night for a full hour and it wasn't pleasant.  I usually play pretty regularly but sure seems like when I don't, I suffer.

 

I feel like my flying and aiming are good but the shots don't land.  People "magically" end up on my six and take me out.  

 

Is playing this game a "skill" that degrades so quickly?  Why?  I don't fall off my bike when I haven't ridden for a while?

 

Maybe I'm thinking too much about mechanics of the flying and aiming to check my position and strategy often enough.

 

I also note that there was some kind of mission requiring use of premium ammo and EVERYONE was using incendiary last night.  Never gone thru so many fire extinguishers and still go down in flames....

 

 

Most people (me) have problems. Some people like my clan leader EvilSnowMan14, do not. :honoring:

Don't Mess with him. He will kill you. And maybe your dog.


Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 31 March 2019 - 10:51 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


bradk62 #22 Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:52 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4928 battles
  • 146
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 31 March 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

 

Most people (me) have problems. Some people like my clan leader EvilSnowMan14, do not. :honoring:

Don't Mess with him. He will kill you. And maybe your dog.

 

Yes, I have been on the wrong side of him.  At least my dog is still okay....



GonerNL #23 Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1111 battles
  • 1,308
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

Not one evening is the same ... so many variables and circumstances. 

Only the very good pilots carry games and just win, but us mere mortals suffer from matchmaking, über- and unterbots, headhunting players, toxic players, quitters. When I get the feeling it is not my evening, I just quit and go watch Walking Dead or something.


Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

Captain_Underpants53 #24 Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:54 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24054 battles
  • 3,478
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

The 'Walking Dead' might describe what's left of this player base.  Or 'Dead Men Walking' if you prefer.

 

:(


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #25 Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:07 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGonerNL, on 01 April 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Not one evening is the same ... so many variables and circumstances. 

Only the very good pilots carry games and just win, but us mere mortals suffer from matchmaking, über- and unterbots, headhunting players, toxic players, quitters. When I get the feeling it is not my evening, I just quit and go watch Walking Dead or something.

I was the victim of flighted pairs @T10.  I can fight anyone 1v1 at T10 in my HGIII or P.1101.  Anyone.  But against a pair?  No.



GonerNL #26 Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1111 battles
  • 1,308
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 01 April 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

I was the victim of flighted pairs @T10.  

 

Imagine flying your tier IX and then matchmaker thinks it would be fun to put you against a tier X flight ... specced !!

Did I say imagine ? It happens ... 


Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

CorvusCorvax #27 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGonerNL, on 02 April 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

 

Imagine flying your tier IX and then matchmaker thinks it would be fun to put you against a tier X flight ... specced !!

Did I say imagine ? It happens ... 

 

I am painfully aware.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users