• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

losttwo #21 Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 1111 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostChuck_norris10, on 20 March 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Great idea because I still haven't figured this game out with all the changes.

I wouldnt even know what to do with one of my bombers so been sticking to L.F.s because the roles pretty well defined.

So flipping true. I should change my name to Lost _2.0

Edited by losttwo, 20 March 2019 - 10:05 PM.

blindfoId #22 Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:16 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 20 March 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

Did they fix anything other than new features?

Everything is mentioned in the patchnote. There's no other changes except the mentioned in the article.

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 20 March 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

This would have been a great idea to have happen when this was first released on steam ...
And while that  particular ship has sailed; it is Better late than never, i suppose. 

WoWp hasn't been released on Steam yet. This feature for new players is one of the steps for a full release. 

The new Combat Reconnaissance is still a tutorial and introduction system. Its main goal is to introduce the game to a new player and get him acquainted with in-game interface and basic mechanics. 

StoptheViolins #23 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2165 battles

Hmmm... the client update hasn't kicked off for me.

Also, what is the update times?  The site is now down for maintenance.

blindfoId #24 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:04 PM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostStoptheViolins, on 21 March 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

Hmmm... the client update hasn't kicked off for me.

Also, what is the update times?  The site is now down for maintenance.

The release is delayed a little bit. ETA is about 1-2 hours. 

Postal_Monkey #25 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3542 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostblindfoId, on 21 March 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

The release is delayed a little bit. ETA is about 1-2 hours. 

Good to know, thanks

GUNDY_ #26 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:19 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 98 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Per EZMRKARP, the server is down, to which I confirmed. :sceptic:

MAKE WOWP GREAT AGAIN :honoring:

StoptheViolins #27 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2165 battles
Hopefully not too much more of a delay - I need to finish off a bomber mission or I'll be out a lot of tokens.

Chuck_norris10 #28 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:57 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1214 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postlosttwo, on 20 March 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

So flipping true. I should change my name to Lost _2.0

It's not the game we started with for sure.But if you like dogfighting the action can be non stop,turn,kill,turn,kill,dive,swoop couple shots at that guy...couple at next guy...planes everywhere and thankfully friendly rams dont kill you like they used to because the furball can get very congested and insane.Another change is he who gets the last kill shot gets the kill so kills are easily stolen by you or others. Sometimes at the end of a match I just sit there and say wow! wthdid I just go through?

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 21 March 2019 - 01:00 PM.

comealong1 #29 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:26 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5802 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Say when?.. We are waiting.

Maybe the updates should start sooner if they can't be ready on time... Ya think?.. What is up please?.. Or should I come back tomorrow.

comealong1 #30 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:30 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5802 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostChuck_norris10, on 21 March 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

It's not the game we started with for sure.But if you like dogfighting the action can be non stop,turn,kill,turn,kill,dive,swoop couple shots at that guy...couple at next guy...planes everywhere and thankfully friendly rams dont kill you like they used to because the furball can get very congested and insane.Another change is he who gets the last kill shot gets the kill so kills are easily stolen by you or others. Sometimes at the end of a match I just sit there and say wow! wthdid I just go through?

How true this is... I miss the old game... Had to have skill just to stay in the air, too... This wasn't a game everyone could play... Now your 6yr old can fly.

Edited by comealong1, 21 March 2019 - 01:54 PM.

trikke #31 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2845 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 20 March 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

This would have been a great idea to have happen when this was first released on steam ...
And while that  particular ship has sailed; it is Better late than never, i suppose. 
New players do stop in from time to time.
And with good feedback this may be fine-tuned into useful thing for retaining them. 

Get it right and maybe you can convince certain Content Creators on YouTube to say things like

"What a delightfully relaxing change of pace from flying combat flight sims."

"It has an excellent tutorial that goes a long way toward easing yourself into the game play of this arcade shoot 'em up.
With some nice rewards at the end  for your diligence.
They are really useful as you spend the first week or so of game time exploring the lower tiers trying various play styles and unlocking aircraft so Iconic that even people that have never heard of Military aviation know them on sight. If not by name"

" And such a well behaved community of players as well.
Hardly any salt to be found in the battle chat."

"Surprisingly; there is some sort of 'Gentleman's Agreement' wherein the playerbase polices itself against griefing noobs  (aka 'seal clubbing')
in low tiers as it is viewed 'unsporting' by the players.  Wonders never cease!"
Make no mistake the unicums are in there statpadding with the best of em but they seem to limit themselves to the bots unless you take a swing at them first. Which is fine because they fly about with a special wing icon around their name to warn you what you are getting into."

"10/10. Would recommend."

all are excellent comment ideas!   

i'm excited to see a comprehensive tutorial for new folks          if we can retain more new pilots, we've got a fighting chance

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Vanillain #32 Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 1277 battles
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR

1000 gold would have been cool, BUT...

I have already seen 2 mission that will cost gold to complete, buy a premium plane, buy a premium acount. 

Weak, seriously, seriously weak. 

legoboy0401 #33 Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1089 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

View PostVanillain, on 21 March 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

I have already seen 2 mission that will cost gold to complete, buy a premium plane, buy a premium acount. 

Already have premium planes, but no premium account at the moment.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

wylleEcoyote #34 Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

• 3631 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 20 March 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

LOL, I want some of what you're smokin'!    :great:

Whoops! there goes another ganja tree plant ... :D

https://www.youtube....h?v=S94Bh3Qez9o

hoom #35 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5800 battles

View PostVanillain, on 22 March 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

Yeah, not cool.

Also 'buy paint/emblems' is pushing it, it can be done with Silver yes but a newbie is not gonna have tens of thousands of Silver kicking around for that.

IMO the missions should be awarding a first free Premium plane with cammo/emblems.

Edit: The cammo/emblems can be passed by just disabling & re-adding ones that you already have.

@Blindfold: Will earning a free Premium eg Vampire F1/XP-55 via the Missions or from a Crate count as Buying a Premium for this?

Likewise will Premium time from Crates or Missions count for the 'buy Premium time' mission?

Edit2: OMFG WG wth?!

One of the missions is Exchange Gold for Silver?! FFS.

Don't make that a mission for newbies.

Its a thing that its good that it exists as an option but should absolutely not be pushed for newbies to do since its basically just pissing Gold into the wind.

I have noticed that some of these missions are giving Gold, haven't kept track on if its enough to buy 1 day Premium, a Cammo & a Premium plane, if its enough for that then good but you should make sure the Mission descriptions point out that you're giving enough Gold for that.

Like put in text Hint: you will earn enough Gold to Purchase a T2 Premium by completing Mission X

Hint: you will earn enough Gold to Purchase a Cammo & Emblem by completing Mission Y

Hint: you will earn several Premium Consumables by completing Mission Z

Edit3: and there is a 'Use Premium Consumables' mission.

Edited by hoom, 22 March 2019 - 06:49 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

blindfoId #36 Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

hoom, as I explained here none of the missions requires you to spend real money. Successful fulfillment of battle missions (Win a battle on fighters, for example) is awarded with gold. All premium content missions are optional, you don't need to complete them to progress through the missions chain. Just play a battle or two to get the next mission. Moreover, there's a mission which is awarded with a day of Premium Account, and this rewarded Premium Day will count towards that mission.

As for the question about Premium Planes, yes, Vampire F1/XP-55 via the Missions or from a Crate count towards that mission. As well as getting Premium Aircraft in any event or as a gift. 

hoom #37 Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5800 battles

Block Quote

none of the missions requires you to spend real money.

All premium content missions are optional, you don't need to complete them to progress through the missions chain. Just play a battle or two to get the next mission. Moreover, there's a mission which is awarded with a day of Premium Account, and this rewarded Premium Day will count towards that mission.

OK good :)

But please put in some text making that clear as suggested. (and state Optional on the ones that are)

Without the explanation this has appearance of a paywall contra the Free-to-Win manifesto.

(side point: you still have Gold-only Premium Ammo & Consumables available which is contra Free-to-Win)

I've experienced new missions popping up without previous ones completing, seemed odd maybe a bug but its certainly better than new missions failing to trigger which I seem to recall was a problem with the old version.

Not had any missions fail to complete so-far which is good.

Block Quote

As for the question about Premium Planes, yes, Vampire F1/XP-55 via the Missions or from a Crate count towards that mission. As well as getting Premium Aircraft in any event or as a gift. 

Cool :B

hoom #38 Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5800 battles
Hmm, dunno if it was added in 2.0.11.1 or I just wasn't actually reading them but going through the mission list there are a bunch of Tips there :hiding:

GonerNL #39 Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:20 PM

• 875 battles

I got 2.0.11.1 right after the phase 1 ended here in EU ... what's in it ??

Flying on NA and EU servers

blindfoId #40 Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:56 AM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Posthoom, on 22 March 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

But please put in some text making that clear as suggested. (and state Optional on the ones that are)

Without the explanation this has appearance of a paywall contra the Free-to-Win manifesto.

You definitely have a point saying this :great:

View Posthoom, on 22 March 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

I've experienced new missions popping up without previous ones completing, seemed odd maybe a bug but its certainly better than new missions failing to trigger which I seem to recall was a problem with the old version.

Not had any missions fail to complete so-far which is good.

Not a bug. Most of missions are unlocked simply after playing a battle so you don't need to complete the previous mission to get the new one. 

2.0.11.1 was a small fix to system messages, nothing more :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users